Menu

Pages (98)    157 58 5998   
Dan   04 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm
(04 Nov 2015, 9:03 pm)Michael wrote Severe Metro delays at Heworth and Pelaw due to broken down train.

The women who's on the video first.... she left work at 6pm and was still at Heworth at 7:20pm, where shes traveling to Felgate....

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...w-10389287

Also sure i heard a Scania L94 in the background.

Aye, the Loop stops where the camera man was standing.

The Loops certainly have a distinctive sound about 'em!
Michael   04 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm
(04 Nov 2015, 9:07 pm)Dan wrote Aye, the Loop stops where the camera man was standing.

The Loops certainly have a distinctive sound about 'em!

Defiantly!

So i'm reading its not a withdrawn train which is the problem its something else.........

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   04 Nov 2015, 9:17 pm
(04 Nov 2015, 9:12 pm)Michael wrote Defiantly!

So i'm reading its not a withdrawn train which is the problem its something else.........

You can't believe owt they say, man. I'm gonna have to hit the hay early tonight just in case I have to get the 56 or X36 tomorrow morning instead, as I don't believe for one second that a failed train can't be shifted until end of play...

I bet they still have the automated "we are running a good service with no report issues" announcements going over the tanoy at the moment.

We got that announcement shortly after we got turfed at Brockley Whins earlier. I made a few people laugh when I responsed to the announcement with "Guess Metro Control didn't catch the memo about our train with an electrical fault then!"
Michael   04 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm
(04 Nov 2015, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote You can't believe owt they say, man. I'm gonna have to hit the hay early tonight just in case I have to get the 56 or X36 tomorrow morning instead, as I don't believe for one second that a failed train can't be shifted until end of play...

I bet they still have the automated "we are running a good service with no report issues" announcements going over the tanoy at the moment.

We got that announcement shortly after we got turfed at Brockley Whins earlier. I made a few people laugh when I responsed to the announcement with "Guess Metro Control didn't catch the memo about our train with an electrical fault then!"

Me too, its bull shit, all that money they wasted on refurbishing the trains when they could of just got new ones..... 

I'm glad i'm off uni tomorrow - no doubt it'll be delayed in the morning....... due to some daft excuse..... 

That automated system is shit to.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bus_User   05 Nov 2015, 12:38 am
(04 Nov 2015, 9:17 pm)Dan wrote You can't believe owt they say, man. I'm gonna have to hit the hay early tonight just in case I have to get the 56 or X36 tomorrow morning instead, as I don't believe for one second that a failed train can't be shifted until end of play...

Without knowing what has happened, one possible reason could be the train in question took down the OHL down which would take quite a number of hours to repair although one may argue the explanation for the delays may be different if this was the case.

Another explanation the train in question has suffered a gearbox seizure which I recall one incident in Felling last year took hours to move because it had to be 'jacked' up(as obviously it can't move under its own power) and of course getting that equipment to the scene takes a while just in itself.

Of course its easy to say its BS but unless you actually know the facts why the train has failed, how can anyone say its BS?
Bus_User   05 Nov 2015, 12:40 am
(04 Nov 2015, 9:23 pm)Michael wrote Me too, its bull shit, all that money they wasted on refurbishing the trains when they could of just got new ones..... 

I'm glad i'm off uni tomorrow - no doubt it'll be delayed in the morning....... due to some daft excuse..... 

That automated system is shit to.

Can I just say, what is your 'excuse' for the excessive swearing in your posts? Can you not post your disgruntled opinion without swearing??
Michael   05 Nov 2015, 1:01 am
(05 Nov 2015, 12:40 am)Bus_User wrote Can I just say, what is your 'excuse' for the excessive swearing in your posts? Can you not post your disgruntled opinion without swearing??

Yes i can. My excuse - haven't got one.

Anyway i don't swear on all my posts....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Dan   05 Nov 2015, 7:03 am
(04 Nov 2015, 4:05 pm)Dan wrote On 4009 at the moment, and the old buzzer sound for doors closing is now in use again, in addition to the new buzzer sound.

Will add a recording when I get home as the mobile version of the forum still doesn't allow for attachments to be added.

As attached.

.m4a
Metro.m4a (Size 244.88 KB Downloads 35)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   05 Nov 2015, 8:22 am
Seems you were right Dan:

From the: Sort out the Metro (official) Facebook group (not the full message):

The guy on the tannoy kept announcing metro is running a good service with no known problems.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Bus_User   05 Nov 2015, 2:10 pm
(05 Nov 2015, 1:01 am)Michael wrote Yes i can. My excuse - haven't got one.

Anyway i don't swear on all my posts....

On most forums you would get banned for excessive swearing, seems like this one is quite lenient in that respect which is surprising considering how many young members they are on this forum however I just don't think your posts look good if you use excessive swearing just for the sake of it. 

Speaking of the door tones, I still believe nothing beats the "stand clear of the doors please" one, especially when the voices were local instead of a general accent.
Bus_User   05 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm
(05 Nov 2015, 2:37 pm)Michael wrote Well don't read my posts then.

The vast majority of your posts are fine but for me, it does not make your posts(or even the forum itself) look good if you see posts with swear words in them for the sake of it. 

Anyways, looks like the reason why the suspension was in place for so long was down to the fact the failed train managed to damage the set of points and of course, damaged points won't be repaired in an instance. 

More info: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local...-1-7553871

Goes to show for those who think its BS and all that rubbish, its nice to know the FACTS before making silly assumptions. I doubt we will ever know how a train can damage a set of points as I doubt its something the RAIB will investigate and its doubtful Nexus would publish in public the reasons behind it.
Michael   05 Nov 2015, 2:59 pm
(05 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm)Bus_User wrote The vast majority of your posts are fine but for me, it does not make your posts(or even the forum itself) look good if you see posts with swear words in them for the sake of it. 

Anyways, looks like the reason why the suspension was in place for so long was down to the fact the failed train managed to damage the set of points and of course, damaged points won't be repaired in an instance. 

More info: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/news/local...-1-7553871

Goes to show for those who think its BS and all that rubbish, its nice to know the FACTS before making silly assumptions. I doubt we will ever know how a train can damage a set of points as I doubt its something the RAIB will investigate and its doubtful Nexus would publish in public the reasons behind it.

Maybe, we might never know what happened etc but they didn't the information which was giving out was patchy, people were saying they didn't know what was happening or anything, announcements at stations last night saying the metro was running to all stations... when they clearly weren't.... they need to improve on their communication!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Richard Young   07 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm
(31 Oct 2015, 9:23 pm)GX03 SVC wrote Is it not that Sharon Kelly who does the 'disruption' messages?

Send a FoI request to Nexus on whatdotheyknow.

I think it's the system controller that does the disruption messages, but don't know who is the voice artist/provider of the automated platform announcements. I think I might send them an FOI request tomorrow.
Lm2606   08 Nov 2015, 10:18 am
(07 Nov 2015, 11:39 pm)Richard Young wrote I think it's the system controller that does the disruption messages, but don't know who is the voice artist/provider of the automated platform announcements.  I think I might send them an FOI request tomorrow.
The onboard train and platform announcements will come in the one disk all muddled up by the way Smile
omnicity4659   09 Nov 2015, 11:12 am
RHTT is running today.
Michael   10 Nov 2015, 7:23 am
Going to be one of those days....

Tyne and Wear Metro
41 mins ·
We are running a frequent service with trains running to all destinations but not to the usual timetable. This is due to low rail adhesion.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   10 Nov 2015, 7:43 am
Anyone currently using the Metro from the Sunderland area?, if so, is it running alright?

Thanks

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
DanPicken   10 Nov 2015, 8:18 am
(10 Nov 2015, 7:43 am)Michael wrote Anyone currently using the Metro from the Sunderland area?, if so, is it running alright?

Thanks

Not yet but there's a Power Failure near Pelaw.
Michael   10 Nov 2015, 8:56 am
(10 Nov 2015, 8:18 am)DanPicken wrote Not yet but there's a Power Failure near Pelaw.

Made it to Newcastle haha

One i was on is terminating the stop after Central....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
DanPicken   10 Nov 2015, 8:58 am
(10 Nov 2015, 8:56 am)Michael wrote Made it to Newcastle haha

One i was on is terminating the stop after Central....

Oh dear I need to go to the Dental Hospital later on hope nothing else happens.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   10 Nov 2015, 7:08 pm
I got the 07:50 Regent Centre to Pelaw like I normally would to South Gosforth a SEVEN minute wait at the signal before the junction
Michael   11 Nov 2015, 1:43 pm
Tyne and Wear Metro

Haymarket is closed and trains will not be stopping at this station until further notice. This is due to a fire alarm activation. We will update you once we have more information.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   13 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm
Gateshead Stadium and Felling Metro stations revamped as part of modernisation programme

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Diamond One   14 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm
(13 Nov 2015, 3:07 pm)Michael wrote Gateshead Stadium and Felling Metro stations revamped as part of modernisation programme

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...Chron-main

thought they were revamped years ago
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   15 Nov 2015, 7:15 am
(14 Nov 2015, 10:38 pm)Diamond One wrote thought they were revamped years ago

No.

They finished Gateshead Stadium a few weeks ago. The LED lighting makes the station a lot brighter at night, and the surface of the station is all level now as this was done out too.

Bet there's still quite a few more stations in need of this treatment though!
NK53 TKT   15 Nov 2015, 8:07 am
(15 Nov 2015, 7:15 am)Dan wrote No.

They finished Gateshead Stadium a few weeks ago. The LED lighting makes the station a lot brighter at night, and the surface of the station is all level now as this was done out too.

Longbenton!
Bus_User   16 Nov 2015, 9:36 pm
(15 Nov 2015, 7:15 am)Dan wrote No.

Well Felling was slightly "modernised" around 5(perhaps slightly more) years ago which lead to a brand new footbridge/ramps being installed and the demolition of the old ticket machine area with a new ticket machine area being built in its place.

No doubt there is photos on the net on how Felling looked in the early noughties to now and you will see the differences, a tad better than it used to be.
NK53 TKT   17 Nov 2015, 4:33 pm
Earlier there were delays of a failed train at Cullercoats and signalling faults, not great for me!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Dan   17 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm
Unsure how noteworthy this is as I haven't been to Sunderland station for quite some time...

The male who announces train departures at Sunderland station has been replaced by a new female, more robotic voice.

More work has been done to include other stations served, other than simply stating that the train goes to South Hylton or Airport.

Not sure if this would be more appropriate in another thread or not - the Northern Rail announcements have been updated too (anyone know where Prood hoe is?)
DanPicken   17 Nov 2015, 5:33 pm
(17 Nov 2015, 5:24 pm)Dan wrote Unsure how noteworthy this is as I haven't been to Sunderland station for quite some time...

The male who announces train departures at Sunderland station has been replaced by a new female, more robotic voice.

More work has been done to include other stations served, other than simply stating that the train goes to South Hylton or Airport.

Not sure if this would be more appropriate in another thread or not - the Northern Rail announcements have been updated too (anyone know where Prood hoe is?)

Nope, what about Prudawho.
Pages (98)    157 58 5998