Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat New Sunderland Manager announced

New Sunderland Manager announced

New Sunderland Manager announced

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

cbma06

07 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm #1
Poyet signs on: Former Brighton boss pens three-year deal as new manager of struggling Sunderland

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...-boss.html

cbma06
07 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm #1

Poyet signs on: Former Brighton boss pens three-year deal as new manager of struggling Sunderland

Michael

07 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm #2
(07 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm)cbma06 Poyet signs on: Former Brighton boss pens three-year deal as new manager of struggling Sunderland

People already slagging him off, give him a chance but i can feel it going tit's up for us.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Oct 2013, 6:20 pm #2

(07 Oct 2013, 6:18 pm)cbma06 Poyet signs on: Former Brighton boss pens three-year deal as new manager of struggling Sunderland

People already slagging him off, give him a chance but i can feel it going tit's up for us.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

gtom

Banned

07 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm #3
I reckon its a terrible appointment.

Sunderland needed a proven leader/coach/winner. Poyet isn't this. If his name was Graham Price and he used to manage Brighton he wouldn't get a 2nd look in.

Left Brighton under a cloud, no experience. I'm sure it'll start well with that new manager effect but I honestly think the problem is Sunderland's squad lacks real quality.
gtom
07 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm #3

I reckon its a terrible appointment.

Sunderland needed a proven leader/coach/winner. Poyet isn't this. If his name was Graham Price and he used to manage Brighton he wouldn't get a 2nd look in.

Left Brighton under a cloud, no experience. I'm sure it'll start well with that new manager effect but I honestly think the problem is Sunderland's squad lacks real quality.

Michael

07 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm #4
(07 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm)gtomlinson I reckon its a terrible appointment.

We have a good squad just think the player's didn't like Di Canio, as you have heard, it was them who was to of got him sacked.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm #4

(07 Oct 2013, 7:53 pm)gtomlinson I reckon its a terrible appointment.

We have a good squad just think the player's didn't like Di Canio, as you have heard, it was them who was to of got him sacked.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

gtom

Banned

07 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm #5
(07 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm)Michael We have a good squad just think the player's didn't like Di Canio, as you have heard, it was them who was to of got him sacked.

Do you have a good squad though?

Giachherini looks ok but why has this supposed 'top' Italian player gone to Sunderland? (being realistic, no-one else wanted him)

Defence is questionable with the likes of O'Shea, Cuellar, Diakite being rank average.

Fletcher is probably the only player in your team that would have potential to get into another PL starting XI (from the bottom half and probably not at Newcastle or Fulham)
gtom
07 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm #5

(07 Oct 2013, 8:02 pm)Michael We have a good squad just think the player's didn't like Di Canio, as you have heard, it was them who was to of got him sacked.

Do you have a good squad though?

Giachherini looks ok but why has this supposed 'top' Italian player gone to Sunderland? (being realistic, no-one else wanted him)

Defence is questionable with the likes of O'Shea, Cuellar, Diakite being rank average.

Fletcher is probably the only player in your team that would have potential to get into another PL starting XI (from the bottom half and probably not at Newcastle or Fulham)

Michael

07 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm #6
(07 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm)gtomlinson Do you have a good squad though?

The Defence is shit - i agree we need to replace the likes of O'Shea, Cuellar, Diakite hasn't had time.

Have u seen Giachherini play lately hes being good and Cattermole has to - since he came back in the squad. KI is a good player

As for Strikers - Altidore is strong just can't seem to score, Fletcher should be back against Swansea

We do have good players just need time to gel, i'm gonna say it all season.. i was gutted when Di Canio went.

Last couple of games is the best we've played all season

Do you rate your team's squad?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Oct 2013, 8:22 pm #6

(07 Oct 2013, 8:10 pm)gtomlinson Do you have a good squad though?

The Defence is shit - i agree we need to replace the likes of O'Shea, Cuellar, Diakite hasn't had time.

Have u seen Giachherini play lately hes being good and Cattermole has to - since he came back in the squad. KI is a good player

As for Strikers - Altidore is strong just can't seem to score, Fletcher should be back against Swansea

We do have good players just need time to gel, i'm gonna say it all season.. i was gutted when Di Canio went.

Last couple of games is the best we've played all season

Do you rate your team's squad?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

gtom

Banned

07 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm #7
Ki isn't a good player, I think he's been poor and again, Laudrup wouldn't let him go if he had something to offer

I like Cattermole, old style English bruiser which is what you want in this fight.

I rate Newcastle's starting XI. On their day I think we can beat anyone in the league. But a few injuries mixed with Alan Pardiola's lack of tactical ability worries me. There's no squad depth at all.
gtom
07 Oct 2013, 8:38 pm #7

Ki isn't a good player, I think he's been poor and again, Laudrup wouldn't let him go if he had something to offer

I like Cattermole, old style English bruiser which is what you want in this fight.

I rate Newcastle's starting XI. On their day I think we can beat anyone in the league. But a few injuries mixed with Alan Pardiola's lack of tactical ability worries me. There's no squad depth at all.

Michael

07 Oct 2013, 9:04 pm #8
Ye it doesnt help your situation with the back ground staff, ie Joe, Cashley.

Both have good squads but both seem to becoming a laughing stock for things going on in the background

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
07 Oct 2013, 9:04 pm #8

Ye it doesnt help your situation with the back ground staff, ie Joe, Cashley.

Both have good squads but both seem to becoming a laughing stock for things going on in the background

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Oct 2013, 7:43 am #9
It is a bad appointment, Poyet is not a proven manager at the top level, and if I remember correct, he can be stroppy, I think he spat his dummy out at Brighton. I am thinking the same as Di Canio, huge risk, it will either work well or go to shit, and I can see it going to shit.

As for the Squad, Giacherrini is starting to do alright, I love Cattermole, but he is like a sheet of glass, double glaze him and work on his discipline and you will have a fantastic gutsy player who will run through walls and give blood and sweat for you. Altidore could not score in a brothel with £50 notes wrapped round his willy so Fletcher needs to be back as soon as. Craig Gardner is canny, likes to get stuck in and has a canny boot on him, as does Larssen and Johnson.

It is all well and good talking about the good qualities in Sunderland players, but it wont mean a thing if they go down, they will all want away anyway.

Why could Ellis Short not go for a proven manager, he may not have been able to get them, they may not be interested, but why could he not have at least sounded out the likes of Roberto Mancini, Marco Van Basten, Jurgen Klinsmann or Frank Rijkaard, yes compo might have to be paid for some but it would show he meant business.

At this rate, Sunderland will never establish themselves as a top Premier League team
MrFozz
08 Oct 2013, 7:43 am #9

It is a bad appointment, Poyet is not a proven manager at the top level, and if I remember correct, he can be stroppy, I think he spat his dummy out at Brighton. I am thinking the same as Di Canio, huge risk, it will either work well or go to shit, and I can see it going to shit.

As for the Squad, Giacherrini is starting to do alright, I love Cattermole, but he is like a sheet of glass, double glaze him and work on his discipline and you will have a fantastic gutsy player who will run through walls and give blood and sweat for you. Altidore could not score in a brothel with £50 notes wrapped round his willy so Fletcher needs to be back as soon as. Craig Gardner is canny, likes to get stuck in and has a canny boot on him, as does Larssen and Johnson.

It is all well and good talking about the good qualities in Sunderland players, but it wont mean a thing if they go down, they will all want away anyway.

Why could Ellis Short not go for a proven manager, he may not have been able to get them, they may not be interested, but why could he not have at least sounded out the likes of Roberto Mancini, Marco Van Basten, Jurgen Klinsmann or Frank Rijkaard, yes compo might have to be paid for some but it would show he meant business.

At this rate, Sunderland will never establish themselves as a top Premier League team

gtom

Banned

08 Oct 2013, 10:11 am #10
(08 Oct 2013, 7:43 am)fozzovmurton Why could Ellis Short not go for a proven manager, he may not have been able to get them, they may not be interested, but why could he not have at least sounded out the likes of Roberto Mancini, Marco Van Basten, Jurgen Klinsmann or Frank Rijkaard, yes compo might have to be paid for some but it would show he meant business.

Without being disrespectful...there is no chance that any of those would go to Sunderland. They simply aren't a big enough club.

Newcastle have the pull of being a big name and CL and other European experience, Sunderland are not a massive brand across the world. 40,000 a week doesn't automatically make you a big club.

And being realistic, I think the best Sunderland can hope for in the current climate is a regular midtable finish.
gtom
08 Oct 2013, 10:11 am #10

(08 Oct 2013, 7:43 am)fozzovmurton Why could Ellis Short not go for a proven manager, he may not have been able to get them, they may not be interested, but why could he not have at least sounded out the likes of Roberto Mancini, Marco Van Basten, Jurgen Klinsmann or Frank Rijkaard, yes compo might have to be paid for some but it would show he meant business.

Without being disrespectful...there is no chance that any of those would go to Sunderland. They simply aren't a big enough club.

Newcastle have the pull of being a big name and CL and other European experience, Sunderland are not a massive brand across the world. 40,000 a week doesn't automatically make you a big club.

And being realistic, I think the best Sunderland can hope for in the current climate is a regular midtable finish.

Chris

08 Oct 2013, 11:41 am #11
I did hear that the cleaners at the Stadium of Light are devastated....

An interesting one. I did think Di Canio was an inspired choice at the time. Shows how much I know!
Chris
08 Oct 2013, 11:41 am #11

I did hear that the cleaners at the Stadium of Light are devastated....

An interesting one. I did think Di Canio was an inspired choice at the time. Shows how much I know!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Oct 2013, 1:45 am #12
(08 Oct 2013, 10:11 am)gtomlinson Without being disrespectful...there is no chance that any of those would go to Sunderland. They simply aren't a big enough club.

I know there is not much chance of names like that coming to Wearside anytime soon, but surely there is no harm in trying, it would show that Ellis Short is at least trying to lure big names to Sunderland...

Your right though, midtable is probably best they can hope for at the moment, but I do think they can win a cup in the next few years and have there own little European Adventure, if Boro and Fulham could get to a Europa League Final I reckon Sunderland could give a good show on a continental level...Putting an end to the old joke 'The next time you'll see a Sunderland Fan Europe is when Germany Declares War on it's neighbours' Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Oct 2013, 1:45 am #12

(08 Oct 2013, 10:11 am)gtomlinson Without being disrespectful...there is no chance that any of those would go to Sunderland. They simply aren't a big enough club.

I know there is not much chance of names like that coming to Wearside anytime soon, but surely there is no harm in trying, it would show that Ellis Short is at least trying to lure big names to Sunderland...

Your right though, midtable is probably best they can hope for at the moment, but I do think they can win a cup in the next few years and have there own little European Adventure, if Boro and Fulham could get to a Europa League Final I reckon Sunderland could give a good show on a continental level...Putting an end to the old joke 'The next time you'll see a Sunderland Fan Europe is when Germany Declares War on it's neighbours' Big Grin

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average