Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Not really trespassing but...

Not really trespassing but...

Not really trespassing but...

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm #1
Who was jumping out in front of buses yesterday in Park Lane Interchange???

Coming home on the 61, I heard a radio message come over warning drivers to take care going through Park Lane to take it easy because people were jumping in front of vehicles to take photos
MrFozz
11 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm #1

Who was jumping out in front of buses yesterday in Park Lane Interchange???

Coming home on the 61, I heard a radio message come over warning drivers to take care going through Park Lane to take it easy because people were jumping in front of vehicles to take photos

11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm #2
I can think of 2 people who could be doing that.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm #2

I can think of 2 people who could be doing that.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Michael

11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm #3
(11 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm)fozzovmurton Who was jumping out in front of buses yesterday in Park Lane Interchange???

Certain names come to mind but not gonna single them out.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm #3

(11 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm)fozzovmurton Who was jumping out in front of buses yesterday in Park Lane Interchange???

Certain names come to mind but not gonna single them out.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

11 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm #4
(11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm)Michael Certain names come to mind but not gonna single them out.

If one of those names rhymes with a famous ex-footballer from Gateshead, then I can safely say, it has nothing to do with him, I saw 2 lads dodging about Park Lane...But as I like to keep myself to myself, I did not approach them as I did not recognise them
MrFozz
11 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm #4

(11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm)Michael Certain names come to mind but not gonna single them out.

If one of those names rhymes with a famous ex-footballer from Gateshead, then I can safely say, it has nothing to do with him, I saw 2 lads dodging about Park Lane...But as I like to keep myself to myself, I did not approach them as I did not recognise them

Michael

11 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm #5
(11 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm)fozzovmurton If one of those names rhymes with a famous ex-footballer from Gateshead, then I can safely say, it has nothing to do with him, I saw 2 lads dodging about Park Lane...But as I like to keep myself to myself, I did not approach them as I did not recognise them

Not sure of that one. Lol

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm #5

(11 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm)fozzovmurton If one of those names rhymes with a famous ex-footballer from Gateshead, then I can safely say, it has nothing to do with him, I saw 2 lads dodging about Park Lane...But as I like to keep myself to myself, I did not approach them as I did not recognise them

Not sure of that one. Lol

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

citaro5284

11 Nov 2013, 10:33 pm #6
(11 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm)Michael Not sure of that one. Lol

Don't know anyone that has a name like Shearer Tongue
citaro5284
11 Nov 2013, 10:33 pm #6

(11 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm)Michael Not sure of that one. Lol

Don't know anyone that has a name like Shearer Tongue

11 Nov 2013, 11:00 pm #7
There used to be one that used to run out onto the road at the Galleries about a year or so ago, but I told a friend to pass a warning onto him that the drivers were getting quite peeved about it.

It could be possible that they might be from outside of the area.

Rapidsnap
11 Nov 2013, 11:00 pm #7

There used to be one that used to run out onto the road at the Galleries about a year or so ago, but I told a friend to pass a warning onto him that the drivers were getting quite peeved about it.

It could be possible that they might be from outside of the area.

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm #8
When I was at Park Lane briefly (can't stand the place..ugh!) the prime suspect did not actually step foot off the public walkway, he was just running between the coach waiting area and Stand [wherever the Drifter stops at]. Tongue
Can't account for anyone else though, other than myself - fair to say I was only on the road when walking away from Park Lane...

Still a little peeved that a Deptford bus driver took a photograph of the enthusiast mentioned above, and he later took the piss out of him too. Driver told me that he hated his photo being taken as well - called it un-fucking-lucky after that incident and made sure I got a few clear shots of him driving the Streetlites... Not that the mentioned enthusiast had a clue about it, being all excited about the new buses. I'd name and shame the driver if I could!

For now, however, "durham bus man" on Flickr got an ace shot of him:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N0...otostream/

Claimed he hadn't even had driver familiarisation when he was relieving another driver of his duties! Fair to say I avoided 5371 as much as possible on Sunday - wouldn't like to put my life in his hands if he's not taken Deptford up on the offer of familiarisation...
Dan
11 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm #8

When I was at Park Lane briefly (can't stand the place..ugh!) the prime suspect did not actually step foot off the public walkway, he was just running between the coach waiting area and Stand [wherever the Drifter stops at]. Tongue
Can't account for anyone else though, other than myself - fair to say I was only on the road when walking away from Park Lane...

Still a little peeved that a Deptford bus driver took a photograph of the enthusiast mentioned above, and he later took the piss out of him too. Driver told me that he hated his photo being taken as well - called it un-fucking-lucky after that incident and made sure I got a few clear shots of him driving the Streetlites... Not that the mentioned enthusiast had a clue about it, being all excited about the new buses. I'd name and shame the driver if I could!

Claimed he hadn't even had driver familiarisation when he was relieving another driver of his duties! Fair to say I avoided 5371 as much as possible on Sunday - wouldn't like to put my life in his hands if he's not taken Deptford up on the offer of familiarisation...

11 Nov 2013, 11:54 pm #9
I won't have a chance to drift to Sunderland to see the Streetlites until next week as I'm otherwise engaged with a bus running day using ex Busways C-LFT Leyland Olympians in Hull on the Saturday and having a trip out in the Henry Coopers Leyland Tiger on the Sunday.

If I'm lucky, I might get down on Tuesday, but it's going to be a busy day for me since it's my only day off next week and I need to get photos of the Drifters and Saltwell Parks.

Rapidsnap
11 Nov 2013, 11:54 pm #9

I won't have a chance to drift to Sunderland to see the Streetlites until next week as I'm otherwise engaged with a bus running day using ex Busways C-LFT Leyland Olympians in Hull on the Saturday and having a trip out in the Henry Coopers Leyland Tiger on the Sunday.

If I'm lucky, I might get down on Tuesday, but it's going to be a busy day for me since it's my only day off next week and I need to get photos of the Drifters and Saltwell Parks.

gtom

Banned

12 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm #10
If anyone was jumping infront of buses then surely Nexus should have removed them?

It's a private road so the Police wouldn't be concerned (unless of course said person was jumping infront of traffic because they were mentally disturbed)
gtom
12 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm #10

If anyone was jumping infront of buses then surely Nexus should have removed them?

It's a private road so the Police wouldn't be concerned (unless of course said person was jumping infront of traffic because they were mentally disturbed)

12 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm #11
(12 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm)gtomlinson unless of course said person was jumping infront of traffic because they were mentally disturbed

To be honest, I think a lot of "normal" people think we're all mentally disturbed for photographing buses.

Rapidsnap
12 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm #11

(12 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm)gtomlinson unless of course said person was jumping infront of traffic because they were mentally disturbed

To be honest, I think a lot of "normal" people think we're all mentally disturbed for photographing buses.

Adrian

12 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm #12
(11 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm)Dan When I was at Park Lane briefly (can't stand the place..ugh!) the prime suspect did not actually step foot off the public walkway, he was just running between the coach waiting area and Stand [wherever the Drifter stops at]. Tongue

Shame really. It only takes a few bad apples to give people a bad experience of what I'd say is one of the most enthusiast friendly bus operators in the UK.

I'm also surprised that this driver has had time to get out of his cab and get off the bus to take a photo of the said enthusiast.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
12 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm #12

(11 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm)Dan When I was at Park Lane briefly (can't stand the place..ugh!) the prime suspect did not actually step foot off the public walkway, he was just running between the coach waiting area and Stand [wherever the Drifter stops at]. Tongue

Shame really. It only takes a few bad apples to give people a bad experience of what I'd say is one of the most enthusiast friendly bus operators in the UK.

I'm also surprised that this driver has had time to get out of his cab and get off the bus to take a photo of the said enthusiast.

Adrian

12 Nov 2013, 7:13 pm #13
(12 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm)GMitchelhill To be honest, I think a lot of "normal" people think we're all mentally disturbed for photographing buses.

Perhaps - but it's no different to sticking go faster stripes on your car, and opening up the hood to check the engine every time you park up? At least that's what the folk that hang around in the McDonalds car park seem to do. Wink

Adrian
12 Nov 2013, 7:13 pm #13

(12 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm)GMitchelhill To be honest, I think a lot of "normal" people think we're all mentally disturbed for photographing buses.

Perhaps - but it's no different to sticking go faster stripes on your car, and opening up the hood to check the engine every time you park up? At least that's what the folk that hang around in the McDonalds car park seem to do. Wink

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm #14
(12 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm)aureolin Shame really. It only takes a few bad apples to give people a bad experience of what I'd say is one of the most enthusiast friendly bus operators in the UK.

Was when he was changing over with another driver. Although he wasn't inside of the cab, he was still representing the company.
Here's hoping he didn't get a photo of me too... The things I could claim, being a minor!

Here's hoping someone on here knows who he is so the driver can see the above post.
Dan
12 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm #14

(12 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm)aureolin Shame really. It only takes a few bad apples to give people a bad experience of what I'd say is one of the most enthusiast friendly bus operators in the UK.

Was when he was changing over with another driver. Although he wasn't inside of the cab, he was still representing the company.
Here's hoping he didn't get a photo of me too... The things I could claim, being a minor!

Here's hoping someone on here knows who he is so the driver can see the above post.

Adrian

12 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm #15
(12 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)Dan Was when he was changing over with another driver. Although he wasn't inside of the cab, he was still representing the company.

I've never really had anything like that happen to me. I'd probably just stand there and make a point of taking photos of him.

Adrian
12 Nov 2013, 7:19 pm #15

(12 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)Dan Was when he was changing over with another driver. Although he wasn't inside of the cab, he was still representing the company.

I've never really had anything like that happen to me. I'd probably just stand there and make a point of taking photos of him.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

13 Nov 2013, 10:32 am #16
I have been known to take photos of people who take pictures of me...The police dont like it...

Coming back from Durham big meeting a few years ago, the Police had TSG and EG teams following the Murton parade from the Racecourse to Claypath and were taking photos of us, at Claypath they started to take photos of people waiting for the buses back home, I turned my camera on them and they came running after me, luckily I was able to jump on the bus and it pulled away sharp, they were probably more upset about the middle fingered wave I gave them Wink
MrFozz
13 Nov 2013, 10:32 am #16

I have been known to take photos of people who take pictures of me...The police dont like it...

Coming back from Durham big meeting a few years ago, the Police had TSG and EG teams following the Murton parade from the Racecourse to Claypath and were taking photos of us, at Claypath they started to take photos of people waiting for the buses back home, I turned my camera on them and they came running after me, luckily I was able to jump on the bus and it pulled away sharp, they were probably more upset about the middle fingered wave I gave them Wink

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average