Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Npower Rainton Bridge Job Losses

Npower Rainton Bridge Job Losses

Npower Rainton Bridge Job Losses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

gtom

Banned

28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am #1
(28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am)nk55 Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921
gtom
28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am #1

(28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am)nk55 Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921

tyresmoke

28 Nov 2013, 10:15 am #2
(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Replaced by staff from Thornaby which is closing altogether... Potential for a new Npower shuttle to Durham to connect with Arriva services?
A Red Arrows Gemini was at Rainton Bridge yesterday for some launch event...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
28 Nov 2013, 10:15 am #2

(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Replaced by staff from Thornaby which is closing altogether... Potential for a new Npower shuttle to Durham to connect with Arriva services?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

gtom

Banned

28 Nov 2013, 11:24 am #3
(28 Nov 2013, 10:15 am)tyresmoke Replaced by staff from Thornaby which is closing altogether... Potential for a new Npower shuttle to Durham to connect with Arriva services?

Best wishes to all involved, wonder what the kit on Arrows would be without NPowers encouragement?
gtom
28 Nov 2013, 11:24 am #3

(28 Nov 2013, 10:15 am)tyresmoke Replaced by staff from Thornaby which is closing altogether... Potential for a new Npower shuttle to Durham to connect with Arriva services?

Best wishes to all involved, wonder what the kit on Arrows would be without NPowers encouragement?

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm #4

I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

(28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am)Dan Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Plenty of time for things to change, but I do think Gateshead will receive most of the ex-Pronto Presidents. As was said a few days ago, DCC are a lot more lenient on high/low floor vehicle specifications than Nexus.

Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.
CatsFast101
28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm #4

I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

(28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am)Dan Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Plenty of time for things to change, but I do think Gateshead will receive most of the ex-Pronto Presidents. As was said a few days ago, DCC are a lot more lenient on high/low floor vehicle specifications than Nexus.

Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.

cbma06

28 Nov 2013, 1:03 pm #5
(28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm)CatsFast101 I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

HUNDREDS of call centre staff in Peterlee have been told their jobs are safe - but around half of the work force will be moved as part of a company restructure.

http://www.peterleestar.co.uk/news/local...-1-6282045

I think Peterlee staff will be moving to Rainton Bridge.

Perhaps more work for the 923 service?
Edited 28 Nov 2013, 1:04 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
28 Nov 2013, 1:03 pm #5

(28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm)CatsFast101 I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

HUNDREDS of call centre staff in Peterlee have been told their jobs are safe - but around half of the work force will be moved as part of a company restructure.

JP6004

28 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm #6
(28 Nov 2013, 1:03 pm)cbma06 HUNDREDS of call centre staff in Peterlee have been told their jobs are safe - but around half of the work force will be moved as part of a company restructure.

921/922 won't be affected. Npower in discussion with GNE for work bus for people commuting from Teesside. Possible 923 to be extended or new 924? X7 do be diverted?
JP6004
28 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm #6

(28 Nov 2013, 1:03 pm)cbma06 HUNDREDS of call centre staff in Peterlee have been told their jobs are safe - but around half of the work force will be moved as part of a company restructure.

921/922 won't be affected. Npower in discussion with GNE for work bus for people commuting from Teesside. Possible 923 to be extended or new 924? X7 do be diverted?

cbma06

28 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm #7
(28 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm)JP6004 921/922 won't be affected. Npower in discussion with GNE for work bus for people commuting from Teesside. Possible 923 to be extended or new 924? X7 do be diverted?

The Thornaby site would close completely in June 2014 but all staff are to be offered alternative employment elsewhere in the North East, with support with transport for three years.

cbma06
28 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm #7

(28 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm)JP6004 921/922 won't be affected. Npower in discussion with GNE for work bus for people commuting from Teesside. Possible 923 to be extended or new 924? X7 do be diverted?

The Thornaby site would close completely in June 2014 but all staff are to be offered alternative employment elsewhere in the North East, with support with transport for three years.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm #8

Oh I see the news last night was that Peterlee & Thornaby sites would close and staff losing jobs. With Rainton Bridge unaffected.
CatsFast101
28 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm #8

Oh I see the news last night was that Peterlee & Thornaby sites would close and staff losing jobs. With Rainton Bridge unaffected.

cbma06

28 Nov 2013, 2:34 pm #9
(28 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm)CatsFast101 Oh I see the news last night was that Peterlee & Thornaby sites would close and staff losing jobs. With Rainton Bridge unaffected.

The news always make it look bad than what it is, in Peterlee theres 3 sites of npower, 2 sites will be closed with all staff going to Rainton Bridge while the 3rd site in Peterlee be transferred into Capita part of the Npower group, Thornaby will close roughly about June 2014 with their workforce be split to other Npower sites through the Northeast.

cbma06
28 Nov 2013, 2:34 pm #9

(28 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm)CatsFast101 Oh I see the news last night was that Peterlee & Thornaby sites would close and staff losing jobs. With Rainton Bridge unaffected.

The news always make it look bad than what it is, in Peterlee theres 3 sites of npower, 2 sites will be closed with all staff going to Rainton Bridge while the 3rd site in Peterlee be transferred into Capita part of the Npower group, Thornaby will close roughly about June 2014 with their workforce be split to other Npower sites through the Northeast.

JP6004

28 Nov 2013, 2:53 pm #10
(28 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm)cbma06 The Thornaby site would close completely in June 2014 but all staff are to be offered alternative employment elsewhere in the North East, with support with transport for three years.

All of thornaby to be transferred to rainton
JP6004
28 Nov 2013, 2:53 pm #10

(28 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm)cbma06 The Thornaby site would close completely in June 2014 but all staff are to be offered alternative employment elsewhere in the North East, with support with transport for three years.

All of thornaby to be transferred to rainton

cbma06

28 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm #11
(28 Nov 2013, 2:53 pm)JP6004 All of thornaby to be transferred to rainton

Not all from Thornaby to go to Rainton. please see below an extract from newspaper:

Under the proposals, customers would continue to be served by people based in UK call centres but back office functions such as checking meter readings against bills will be outsourced to India using Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and some of npower’s customer facing work would be transferred to Capita.

In total, across the North East, npower currently employs around 3950 people – but the latest announcement means 430 people in the region would be made redundant, with around 540 transferring to Capita.

The cuts will hit hardest at the firm’s regional headquarters in Sunderland, where 430 back office roles will be cut, and around 410 people will moving to Capita in Peterlee.

However, up to 1,130 people will move to Rainton from Peterlee and Thornaby.

In Peterlee the company says there will be no redundancies but around 110 employees will transfer to Capita and around 630 will move to Rainton.

Tyne House, which has around 500 employees, would be unaffected by this review, though Tees House would close, and it is proposed that the ownership of Wear House would transfer to Capita.

Affected employees will now begin a 60 day consultation process.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/news/north-e...th-6349744

loos like the 430 job losses at present will be from Npower Sunderland, I think its the Doxford Park site.

Maybe the government should give Npower 9 million pounds to keep the jobs in the Uk, government already given Nissan 9 million pound recently and you can add on millions of pounds since Nissan was opened in Washington, and after Nissan got the 9 million from the government then all of a sudden there was 400 job vancancies at Nissan
Edited 28 Nov 2013, 3:15 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
28 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm #11

(28 Nov 2013, 2:53 pm)JP6004 All of thornaby to be transferred to rainton

Not all from Thornaby to go to Rainton. please see below an extract from newspaper:

Under the proposals, customers would continue to be served by people based in UK call centres but back office functions such as checking meter readings against bills will be outsourced to India using Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), and some of npower’s customer facing work would be transferred to Capita.

In total, across the North East, npower currently employs around 3950 people – but the latest announcement means 430 people in the region would be made redundant, with around 540 transferring to Capita.

The cuts will hit hardest at the firm’s regional headquarters in Sunderland, where 430 back office roles will be cut, and around 410 people will moving to Capita in Peterlee.

In Peterlee the company says there will be no redundancies but around 110 employees will transfer to Capita and around 630 will move to Rainton.

Tyne House, which has around 500 employees, would be unaffected by this review, though Tees House would close, and it is proposed that the ownership of Wear House would transfer to Capita.

loos like the 430 job losses at present will be from Npower Sunderland, I think its the Doxford Park site.

Maybe the government should give Npower 9 million pounds to keep the jobs in the Uk, government already given Nissan 9 million pound recently and you can add on millions of pounds since Nissan was opened in Washington, and after Nissan got the 9 million from the government then all of a sudden there was 400 job vancancies at Nissan

JP6004

28 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm #12
(28 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm)cbma06 Not all from Thornaby to go to Rainton. please see below an extract from newspaper:

I work at rainton. 2 sites will remain at peterlee 1 npower 1 capita. Some people are moving to peterlee from rainton and thornaby. majority from thornaby moving to rainton to bring departments inline
JP6004
28 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm #12

(28 Nov 2013, 3:08 pm)cbma06 Not all from Thornaby to go to Rainton. please see below an extract from newspaper:

I work at rainton. 2 sites will remain at peterlee 1 npower 1 capita. Some people are moving to peterlee from rainton and thornaby. majority from thornaby moving to rainton to bring departments inline

cbma06

28 Nov 2013, 4:05 pm #13
(28 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm)JP6004 I work at rainton. 2 sites will remain at peterlee 1 npower 1 capita. Some people are moving to peterlee from rainton and thornaby. majority from thornaby moving to rainton to bring departments inline

my sister works at npower peterlee, but cant remember which site out of the three she works at, was it Thornaby when there did that tv show undercover boss?

cbma06
28 Nov 2013, 4:05 pm #13

(28 Nov 2013, 3:56 pm)JP6004 I work at rainton. 2 sites will remain at peterlee 1 npower 1 capita. Some people are moving to peterlee from rainton and thornaby. majority from thornaby moving to rainton to bring departments inline

my sister works at npower peterlee, but cant remember which site out of the three she works at, was it Thornaby when there did that tv show undercover boss?

JP6004

28 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm #14
(28 Nov 2013, 4:05 pm)cbma06 my sister works at npower peterlee, but cant remember which site out of the three she works at, was it Thornaby when there did that tv show undercover boss?

Yea they were at thornaby and rainton
JP6004
28 Nov 2013, 4:06 pm #14

(28 Nov 2013, 4:05 pm)cbma06 my sister works at npower peterlee, but cant remember which site out of the three she works at, was it Thornaby when there did that tv show undercover boss?

Yea they were at thornaby and rainton

28 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm #15
(28 Nov 2013, 10:15 am)tyresmoke A Red Arrows Gemini was at Rainton Bridge yesterday for some launch event...

That was to ferry managers to an event in sedgefield apparently.
gordondack
28 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm #15

(28 Nov 2013, 10:15 am)tyresmoke A Red Arrows Gemini was at Rainton Bridge yesterday for some launch event...

That was to ferry managers to an event in sedgefield apparently.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm #16
(28 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm)gordondack That was to ferry managers to an event in sedgefield apparently.

What not a SPD?! I'm sure the pleasure of an SPD would of been just lovely!
CatsFast101
28 Nov 2013, 9:50 pm #16

(28 Nov 2013, 8:51 pm)gordondack That was to ferry managers to an event in sedgefield apparently.

What not a SPD?! I'm sure the pleasure of an SPD would of been just lovely!

Adrian

28 Nov 2013, 9:59 pm #17

Yeah. Scary that I knew someone on that.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Nov 2013, 9:59 pm #17

Yeah. Scary that I knew someone on that.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average