Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (61) Previous 157 58 5961 Next
gtom

Banned

27 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm #1,141
(27 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm)GMitchelhill It's a private contract seperate to the Nexus Scholar services. They've got it until at least the summer. Also it be the only service operating on New Years Day as the Jewish School is open that day.

Shock horror. A driver working New Year's Day
gtom
27 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm #1,141

(27 Nov 2013, 10:59 pm)GMitchelhill It's a private contract seperate to the Nexus Scholar services. They've got it until at least the summer. Also it be the only service operating on New Years Day as the Jewish School is open that day.

Shock horror. A driver working New Year's Day

CatsFast101

Unregistered

27 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm #1,142
(27 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm)Dan Still reluctant to believe that Gateshead will retain two Olympians for this contract.
Would it not be more appropriate to remove advertisements from the Presidents, which are to take a back seat role (scholars/spares only) rather than retain Olympians which were actually due to be withdrawn this year (assuming 15 year age limit)? A fresh lick of paint when they come off Pronto duties and you're sorted.

Well they might retain two Olympians for that purposes at Gateshead if they can't have ads. If the presidents don't replace Olympians at Gateshead it'll just mean they'll go to Stanley allowing more Olympians to be withdrawn from Stanley which sounds okay to me considering Stanley a few more than Gateshead and they quite often end up on frontline service.
CatsFast101
27 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm #1,142

(27 Nov 2013, 11:02 pm)Dan Still reluctant to believe that Gateshead will retain two Olympians for this contract.
Would it not be more appropriate to remove advertisements from the Presidents, which are to take a back seat role (scholars/spares only) rather than retain Olympians which were actually due to be withdrawn this year (assuming 15 year age limit)? A fresh lick of paint when they come off Pronto duties and you're sorted.

Well they might retain two Olympians for that purposes at Gateshead if they can't have ads. If the presidents don't replace Olympians at Gateshead it'll just mean they'll go to Stanley allowing more Olympians to be withdrawn from Stanley which sounds okay to me considering Stanley a few more than Gateshead and they quite often end up on frontline service.

nk55

28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am #1,143
(27 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm)gtomlinson Shock horror. A driver working New Year's Day

Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!
nk55
28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am #1,143

(27 Nov 2013, 11:10 pm)gtomlinson Shock horror. A driver working New Year's Day

Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am #1,144
(27 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm)CatsFast101 Well they might retain two Olympians for that purposes at Gateshead if they can't have ads. If the presidents don't replace Olympians at Gateshead it'll just mean they'll go to Stanley allowing more Olympians to be withdrawn from Stanley which sounds okay to me considering Stanley a few more than Gateshead and they quite often end up on frontline service.

You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.
Dan
28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am #1,144

(27 Nov 2013, 11:15 pm)CatsFast101 Well they might retain two Olympians for that purposes at Gateshead if they can't have ads. If the presidents don't replace Olympians at Gateshead it'll just mean they'll go to Stanley allowing more Olympians to be withdrawn from Stanley which sounds okay to me considering Stanley a few more than Gateshead and they quite often end up on frontline service.

You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Nov 2013, 7:52 am #1,145
(28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am)Dan You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.

I think if they didn't want Gateshead to have any they could of done that before now, what with Gateshead, Percy Main & Stanley the only depots with Olympians. I mean they might but they might not, we'll just have to wait and see.
CatsFast101
28 Nov 2013, 7:52 am #1,145

(28 Nov 2013, 7:25 am)Dan You'd think a main objective would be to have Riverside as low floor depot, no? Deptford has had that status for quite some time now. The biggest depot should receive the same status, don't you think? Especially if all it takes is having two Presidents repainted and not given ads.

I think if they didn't want Gateshead to have any they could of done that before now, what with Gateshead, Percy Main & Stanley the only depots with Olympians. I mean they might but they might not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am #1,146
(28 Nov 2013, 7:52 am)CatsFast101 I think if they didn't want Gateshead to have any they could of done that before now, what with Gateshead, Percy Main & Stanley the only depots with Olympians. I mean they might but they might not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Plenty of time for things to change, but I do think Gateshead will receive most of the ex-Pronto Presidents. As was said a few days ago, DCC are a lot more lenient on high/low floor vehicle specifications than Nexus.
Dan
28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am #1,146

(28 Nov 2013, 7:52 am)CatsFast101 I think if they didn't want Gateshead to have any they could of done that before now, what with Gateshead, Percy Main & Stanley the only depots with Olympians. I mean they might but they might not, we'll just have to wait and see.

Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Plenty of time for things to change, but I do think Gateshead will receive most of the ex-Pronto Presidents. As was said a few days ago, DCC are a lot more lenient on high/low floor vehicle specifications than Nexus.

upt50k

28 Nov 2013, 10:01 am #1,147
Gold debranded Merc artic seen on lowloader heading south on A!M yesterday at 1210
upt50k
28 Nov 2013, 10:01 am #1,147

Gold debranded Merc artic seen on lowloader heading south on A!M yesterday at 1210

gtom

Banned

28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am #1,148
(28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am)nk55 Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921
gtom
28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am #1,148

(28 Nov 2013, 5:33 am)nk55 Would you be a willing volunteer to work a bank holiday, boxing day or new years day?, you seem very vocal on drivers having these days off!!

If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921

Michael

28 Nov 2013, 10:29 am #1,149

I can see it being all lo-floor, How many spares would they require for the depot?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Nov 2013, 10:29 am #1,149

I can see it being all lo-floor, How many spares would they require for the depot?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm #1,150
(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

(28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am)Dan Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.
CatsFast101
28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm #1,150

(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson If I worked in a service industry yes I would.

I work in retail and also have another casual job which means I have to work most public holidays, way it goes. I thought it was just Npower at Thornaby & Peterlee to be closed?

(28 Nov 2013, 7:55 am)Dan Riverside is Gateshead and Winlaton depots combined. Funny how Winlaton has had both of its Olympians removed from the fleet, isn't it (albeit one to Gateshead to cover for 3826 which died)?

Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.

Adrian

28 Nov 2013, 2:02 pm #1,151

Whats so different about those days to any other day? I worked a continental pattern once, meaning I worked Xmas eve, day, boxing day, and the 27th. Got the next 4 days off tho so couldn't care less. Worked out that I was off for 6 months of the year in total.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Nov 2013, 2:02 pm #1,151

Whats so different about those days to any other day? I worked a continental pattern once, meaning I worked Xmas eve, day, boxing day, and the 27th. Got the next 4 days off tho so couldn't care less. Worked out that I was off for 6 months of the year in total.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

cbma06

28 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm #1,152
Back on topic now:

Does anybody know if all the Venture Solo's arrived yet?

Also when the first orange double decker will be arriving?
Edited 28 Nov 2013, 2:40 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
28 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm #1,152

Back on topic now:

CatsFast101

Unregistered

28 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm #1,153
(28 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm)cbma06 Back on topic now:

I believe all Solos are now here and are expected in service soon and by Sunday 8th latest, Busman101 mentioned it a few pages back. I think the first Gemini's are due soon not sure exactly when I think it's any day.
CatsFast101
28 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm #1,153

(28 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm)cbma06 Back on topic now:

I believe all Solos are now here and are expected in service soon and by Sunday 8th latest, Busman101 mentioned it a few pages back. I think the first Gemini's are due soon not sure exactly when I think it's any day.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Nov 2013, 5:07 pm #1,154
(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921

Following a number of requests, discussion on the Npower Rainton Bridge Job Losses has been moved to the off-topic section of the forum. Further comments can be found here.

(28 Nov 2013, 10:29 am)Michael I can see it being all lo-floor, How many spares would they require for the depot?

Yes, as can I - it would certainly make sense, wouldn't it?
Each depot usually carries an approximate 20% spare vehicle allocation.

(28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm)CatsFast101 Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.

I think you're missing the point...
Winlaton and Gateshead are to combine in the new "Riverside" depot. Work has already started on Winlaton being a low floor depot (and indeed has been successful), with Gateshead to follow in January. After 3826 took a turn for the worst prior to withdrawal, 3811 had to be sent from Winlaton to cover for Gateshead's loss. It is not yet an appropriate time to take away the Olympians from the fleet, for there are several contracts which still do require them (the recently discussed Jewish scholar contract being just one). When the "Pronto" branded Presidents are relieved of their X21 duties and are repainted red, who is to say that adverts will need to be applied to them?
As Go North East's biggest depot, surely it is the wisest decision for Go North East to ensure that this depot is low-floor? This was first achieved by Deptford - as Go North East's previous largest depot - back in October 2012 (at a rough guess), wouldn't it be sensible to follow suit at the new depot?
Dan
28 Nov 2013, 5:07 pm #1,154

(28 Nov 2013, 10:10 am)gtomlinson Slight side note 430 jobs going at Npower Rainton Bridge and cost cutting reviews continuing. Potential effect on the 921

Following a number of requests, discussion on the Npower Rainton Bridge Job Losses has been moved to the off-topic section of the forum. Further comments can be found here.

(28 Nov 2013, 10:29 am)Michael I can see it being all lo-floor, How many spares would they require for the depot?

Yes, as can I - it would certainly make sense, wouldn't it?
Each depot usually carries an approximate 20% spare vehicle allocation.

(28 Nov 2013, 12:49 pm)CatsFast101 Exactly the point. Winlaton got rid of there's and Gateshead have kept there and even replaced one recently. Which could suggest they may keep theirs. The contract isn't by nexus and requires no advert vehicles which may mean Gateshead keep theirs for this contract. GNE are also receiving a lot of complaints about some of the Stanley depot run service about the use of high floor vehicles, as the Olympians often end up on front line service something which I seen less at Percy Main & Gateshead.

I think you're missing the point...
Winlaton and Gateshead are to combine in the new "Riverside" depot. Work has already started on Winlaton being a low floor depot (and indeed has been successful), with Gateshead to follow in January. After 3826 took a turn for the worst prior to withdrawal, 3811 had to be sent from Winlaton to cover for Gateshead's loss. It is not yet an appropriate time to take away the Olympians from the fleet, for there are several contracts which still do require them (the recently discussed Jewish scholar contract being just one). When the "Pronto" branded Presidents are relieved of their X21 duties and are repainted red, who is to say that adverts will need to be applied to them?
As Go North East's biggest depot, surely it is the wisest decision for Go North East to ensure that this depot is low-floor? This was first achieved by Deptford - as Go North East's previous largest depot - back in October 2012 (at a rough guess), wouldn't it be sensible to follow suit at the new depot?

gtom

Banned

28 Nov 2013, 5:46 pm #1,155
Seems crazy that in 2013, some nigh on 15 years (probably more) since low floor became an accepted industry build norm that we're talking about the potential of non low floor ops by one of the UK's big transport groups
gtom
28 Nov 2013, 5:46 pm #1,155

Seems crazy that in 2013, some nigh on 15 years (probably more) since low floor became an accepted industry build norm that we're talking about the potential of non low floor ops by one of the UK's big transport groups

peter

28 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm #1,156
Could somebody provide a link to the post containing pictures/copy of the last North Sunderland Consulatation please, would be much appreciated.
peter
28 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm #1,156

Could somebody provide a link to the post containing pictures/copy of the last North Sunderland Consulatation please, would be much appreciated.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Nov 2013, 6:27 pm #1,157
(28 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm)peter Could somebody provide a link to the post containing pictures/copy of the last North Sunderland Consulatation please, would be much appreciated.

Sunderland North - Part 1
Sunderland North - Part 2
Sunderland North - Part 3
Sunderland North - Part 4
Dan
28 Nov 2013, 6:27 pm #1,157

(28 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm)peter Could somebody provide a link to the post containing pictures/copy of the last North Sunderland Consulatation please, would be much appreciated.

Sunderland North - Part 1
Sunderland North - Part 2
Sunderland North - Part 3
Sunderland North - Part 4

peter

28 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm #1,158
Thanks Dan Smile
peter
28 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm #1,158

Thanks Dan Smile

28 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm #1,159
Winlaton are still using Olympian 3812. Passed it as I left Rowlands Gill earlier on. It was on a school service.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
28 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm #1,159

Winlaton are still using Olympian 3812. Passed it as I left Rowlands Gill earlier on. It was on a school service.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

pdiddy

28 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm #1,160
(27 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm)nk55 6021, 6024, 6035 & 6037 are the best of the 7 crook have so will probably end up at gateshead. Not forgetting crook also have 6038 for use on the spennymoor to fram college duplicate, which i'm led to believe will remain at crook.

Crook will probably get a scania from deptford as a spare single deck.

6021 and 6041 are the worst.... crook are keeping 6038, and will have 7 Mercs and 2 MPDs nothimg else
pdiddy
28 Nov 2013, 9:18 pm #1,160

(27 Nov 2013, 7:26 pm)nk55 6021, 6024, 6035 & 6037 are the best of the 7 crook have so will probably end up at gateshead. Not forgetting crook also have 6038 for use on the spennymoor to fram college duplicate, which i'm led to believe will remain at crook.

Crook will probably get a scania from deptford as a spare single deck.

6021 and 6041 are the worst.... crook are keeping 6038, and will have 7 Mercs and 2 MPDs nothimg else

Pages (61) Previous 157 58 5961 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average