Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What makes your Christmas?

What makes your Christmas?

What makes your Christmas?

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (2) 1 2 Next
Michael

11 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm #1
What makes or reminds you of Christmas?

I wasn't born when this was released but it defiantly makes my Christmas... even though iv'e watched it loads of times.. and i still gutted at the end

Edited 11 Dec 2013, 5:54 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm #1

What makes or reminds you of Christmas?

I wasn't born when this was released but it defiantly makes my Christmas... even though iv'e watched it loads of times.. and i still gutted at the end

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

11 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm #2
(11 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm)Michael What makes or reminds you of Christmas?

It actually used to be just that.
As a bairn, after all the presents had been opened and played with and all the food ate, the next highlight of the day was waiting for The Snowman to come on.
Used to love it and it is something I watch with my kids each Christmas.

However, the thing that makes my Christmas these days, is seeing their faces as they get their presents - images I hope to keep in my memory for many a year.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Dec 2013, 6:17 pm #2

(11 Dec 2013, 5:52 pm)Michael What makes or reminds you of Christmas?

It actually used to be just that.
As a bairn, after all the presents had been opened and played with and all the food ate, the next highlight of the day was waiting for The Snowman to come on.
Used to love it and it is something I watch with my kids each Christmas.

However, the thing that makes my Christmas these days, is seeing their faces as they get their presents - images I hope to keep in my memory for many a year.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

12 Dec 2013, 11:08 am #3
I used to hate Christmas, for every Christmas between 1996 and 2000 I lived away from in a Childrens Home somewhere, I would be at home for Christmas, but there was always an argument and a fight which saw me heading back to the Childrens Home, I even ended up getting arrested New Year 1999/2000 with the police exiling me from Murton all together for 3 months, so there was some hard times...

Till recently my christmas involved copious amounts of alcohol, but more recently, I have started to appreciate it, I used to do voluntary work for a youth group and was vice chairman of the organisations board(I liked to call myself Chair for Vice Big Grin), I used to be Santa for the Christmas party and loved to see the kids faces when I walked into a room dressed up and my sisters friend has a little lad, 9 now, I love seeing him on Xmas Day, so to see my family and friends happy does it for me...

Funny Christmas Story

At a Christmas Party a few years ago, I sloped off to put the Santa attire on, a kid seen me and wondered what I was doing with Santas clothes, I thought about it and said to the kid 'look we will talk about in a bit, but you can't tell anybody you have seen this, or you will get no toys for christmas, promise you wont tell your friends' he promised...Kid later comes up to me later, whispers in my ear 'I haven't told anybody' so I said 'Good, we will talk shortly, find me when I'm done', as he knew who I was out of the suit, that was no problem...The Conversation went something like this

Kid: Why do you have santas clothes
Me: Well, do you know what a franchise is, Santa is like a brand
Kid: Whats that
Me: Forget that(I couldnt be bothered explaining)...Santa is only one man, he can't goto every single christmas party at the same time, so he has people all over who he allows to use his name for children to get there message to him as he can't always personally be there
Kid: So it is like a job
Me: Yes, Santa phones me on the 1st of December every year to arrange to pick up my new suit which he makes specially for me
Kid: Wow
Me: Blows your mind doesn't it
Kid: Yes, could I get a job as Santa when I am older
Me: Play your cards right, be good, show your loyalty to him and keep believing, who knows, you just might, but you must never tell your friends about this
Kid: Can I tell my mam
Me: Tell your mam we talked, but not your brothers and sisters(I know the kids mother well)
Kid: Ok promise, I will keep a secret

Absolutely hilarious, no doubt the kid probably told all his little mates the secret of santa, his mother later told me 'I don't what you've told him, but it seems to have worked'

I just didnt have the heart to say 'it is a 12 quid suit from Yorkshire Trading'
MrFozz
12 Dec 2013, 11:08 am #3

I used to hate Christmas, for every Christmas between 1996 and 2000 I lived away from in a Childrens Home somewhere, I would be at home for Christmas, but there was always an argument and a fight which saw me heading back to the Childrens Home, I even ended up getting arrested New Year 1999/2000 with the police exiling me from Murton all together for 3 months, so there was some hard times...

Till recently my christmas involved copious amounts of alcohol, but more recently, I have started to appreciate it, I used to do voluntary work for a youth group and was vice chairman of the organisations board(I liked to call myself Chair for Vice Big Grin), I used to be Santa for the Christmas party and loved to see the kids faces when I walked into a room dressed up and my sisters friend has a little lad, 9 now, I love seeing him on Xmas Day, so to see my family and friends happy does it for me...

Funny Christmas Story

At a Christmas Party a few years ago, I sloped off to put the Santa attire on, a kid seen me and wondered what I was doing with Santas clothes, I thought about it and said to the kid 'look we will talk about in a bit, but you can't tell anybody you have seen this, or you will get no toys for christmas, promise you wont tell your friends' he promised...Kid later comes up to me later, whispers in my ear 'I haven't told anybody' so I said 'Good, we will talk shortly, find me when I'm done', as he knew who I was out of the suit, that was no problem...The Conversation went something like this

Kid: Why do you have santas clothes
Me: Well, do you know what a franchise is, Santa is like a brand
Kid: Whats that
Me: Forget that(I couldnt be bothered explaining)...Santa is only one man, he can't goto every single christmas party at the same time, so he has people all over who he allows to use his name for children to get there message to him as he can't always personally be there
Kid: So it is like a job
Me: Yes, Santa phones me on the 1st of December every year to arrange to pick up my new suit which he makes specially for me
Kid: Wow
Me: Blows your mind doesn't it
Kid: Yes, could I get a job as Santa when I am older
Me: Play your cards right, be good, show your loyalty to him and keep believing, who knows, you just might, but you must never tell your friends about this
Kid: Can I tell my mam
Me: Tell your mam we talked, but not your brothers and sisters(I know the kids mother well)
Kid: Ok promise, I will keep a secret

Absolutely hilarious, no doubt the kid probably told all his little mates the secret of santa, his mother later told me 'I don't what you've told him, but it seems to have worked'

I just didnt have the heart to say 'it is a 12 quid suit from Yorkshire Trading'

Michael

18 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm #4
that's shit =(, i would hate to be banned form where i lived.

haha, typical kids

-----

I found a new version of "Walking in the air" - It's pretty good - this was sung by Declan Galbraith

Seems to be a error on the video for some reason.. here is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0QpbAXHq8
Edited 18 Dec 2013, 8:35 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm #4

that's shit =(, i would hate to be banned form where i lived.

haha, typical kids

-----

I found a new version of "Walking in the air" - It's pretty good - this was sung by Declan Galbraith

Seems to be a error on the video for some reason.. here is the link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av0QpbAXHq8

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

18 Dec 2013, 11:40 pm #5
(18 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael that's shit =(, i would hate to be banned form where i lived.

haha, typical kids

-----

Not easy mate, not easy at all, but I was banished for a good reason and it was probably best to have been kept away for the time I was not allowed home, but it would ultimately change my relationship with my mam and dad for the better...I actually left the care system in 2001 and I have lived back at now for 12 years, which is the longest I have lived anywhere, as between 1992 and 2001 I moved 15 times between family and Looked After Placements(the longest placement was just short of 4 years), so to keep with the topic of the thread, christmas never filled me full of joy...If anyone wants to get in a conversation with me about what life has brought for me, I will be happy to tell people my testimony anytime Wink

As I have already said I am looking forward to christmas for the first time in years, life is good, I have some special people around me for the first time in a long time and just looking forward to the Festive Period...

TO ALL AT NEB, MODS AND MEMBERS...GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND ALL THE BEST
MrFozz
18 Dec 2013, 11:40 pm #5

(18 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael that's shit =(, i would hate to be banned form where i lived.

haha, typical kids

-----

Not easy mate, not easy at all, but I was banished for a good reason and it was probably best to have been kept away for the time I was not allowed home, but it would ultimately change my relationship with my mam and dad for the better...I actually left the care system in 2001 and I have lived back at now for 12 years, which is the longest I have lived anywhere, as between 1992 and 2001 I moved 15 times between family and Looked After Placements(the longest placement was just short of 4 years), so to keep with the topic of the thread, christmas never filled me full of joy...If anyone wants to get in a conversation with me about what life has brought for me, I will be happy to tell people my testimony anytime Wink

As I have already said I am looking forward to christmas for the first time in years, life is good, I have some special people around me for the first time in a long time and just looking forward to the Festive Period...

TO ALL AT NEB, MODS AND MEMBERS...GOD BLESS YOU ALL, AND ALL THE BEST

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm #6
As cheesy as it may be...
Nights in with family and friends on cold, dark winter nights, watching movies and stuffing my face.

The complete Fast & Furious box set has been my entertainment today!
Dan
22 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm #6

As cheesy as it may be...
Nights in with family and friends on cold, dark winter nights, watching movies and stuffing my face.

Michael

22 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm #7
(22 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm)Dan As cheesy as it may be...

Nothing wrong with that, iv'e being watching the TV lots with my Mam and Dad lately, stuffing my face of course haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm #7

(22 Dec 2013, 6:19 pm)Dan As cheesy as it may be...

Nothing wrong with that, iv'e being watching the TV lots with my Mam and Dad lately, stuffing my face of course haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm #8
(22 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm)Michael Nothing wrong with that, iv'e being watching the TV lots with my Mam and Dad lately, stuffing my face of course haha

Just don't shout at me when I have prioritised Fast & Furious over NEB's fleet lists..! Angel
Up to Fast5!
Dan
22 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm #8

(22 Dec 2013, 6:21 pm)Michael Nothing wrong with that, iv'e being watching the TV lots with my Mam and Dad lately, stuffing my face of course haha

Just don't shout at me when I have prioritised Fast & Furious over NEB's fleet lists..! Angel
Up to Fast5!

Michael

22 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm #9
(22 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm)Dan Just don't shout at me when I have prioritised Fast & Furious over NEB's fleet lists..! Angel

=0, can't have that now! Tongue
Edited 22 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm #9

(22 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm)Dan Just don't shout at me when I have prioritised Fast & Furious over NEB's fleet lists..! Angel

=0, can't have that now! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm #10
(22 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm)Michael =0, can't have that now! Tongue

Should be done by 10 so if I'm not too tired, I'll get most updates done. Know what I'm doing. Tongue
Dan
22 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm #10

(22 Dec 2013, 6:24 pm)Michael =0, can't have that now! Tongue

Should be done by 10 so if I'm not too tired, I'll get most updates done. Know what I'm doing. Tongue

Michael

22 Dec 2013, 6:31 pm #11
(22 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm)Dan Should be done by 10 so if I'm not too tired, I'll get most updates done. Know what I'm doing. Tongue

I would just wait untill tomorrow, hopefully GNE updates theirs for the last time this year..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Dec 2013, 6:31 pm #11

(22 Dec 2013, 6:26 pm)Dan Should be done by 10 so if I'm not too tired, I'll get most updates done. Know what I'm doing. Tongue

I would just wait untill tomorrow, hopefully GNE updates theirs for the last time this year..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm #12
(22 Dec 2013, 6:31 pm)Michael I would just wait untill tomorrow, hopefully GNE updates theirs for the last time this year..

Ah, good idea. Means I don't have to do it twice if there have been any fleet updates this week! Wink
Dan
22 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm #12

(22 Dec 2013, 6:31 pm)Michael I would just wait untill tomorrow, hopefully GNE updates theirs for the last time this year..

Ah, good idea. Means I don't have to do it twice if there have been any fleet updates this week! Wink

Michael

22 Dec 2013, 6:39 pm #13
(22 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Dan Ah, good idea. Means I don't have to do it twice if there have been any fleet updates this week! Wink

I can't see them updating it on Christmas eve

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Dec 2013, 6:39 pm #13

(22 Dec 2013, 6:34 pm)Dan Ah, good idea. Means I don't have to do it twice if there have been any fleet updates this week! Wink

I can't see them updating it on Christmas eve

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Dec 2013, 1:57 am #14
Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas anymore to me. Mainly because I am working the entire holiday season. Only got 2 days off with and that being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm working Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

To be honest I'm more looking forward to my holiday in Belgium in March.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
23 Dec 2013, 1:57 am #14

Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas anymore to me. Mainly because I am working the entire holiday season. Only got 2 days off with and that being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm working Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm #15
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was snow!
I'm still not in much of a Christmassy mood yet, and I think it's because we've not had any snow.
Dan
23 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm #15

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was snow!
I'm still not in much of a Christmassy mood yet, and I think it's because we've not had any snow.

Michael

23 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm #16
(23 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm)Dan One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was snow!

How the hell did we forgot the snow?

It's currently raining in Sunderland atm =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Dec 2013, 12:27 pm #16

(23 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm)Dan One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was snow!

How the hell did we forgot the snow?

It's currently raining in Sunderland atm =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

23 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm #17
(23 Dec 2013, 1:57 am)GMitchelhill Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas anymore to me. Mainly because I am working the entire holiday season. Only got 2 days off with and that being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm working Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

You going anywhere nice mate...I have only ever been to Adinkerke in the middle of the night on a fag and booze run), I have heard Antwerp, Ostend, Liege and Brussels are nice
MrFozz
23 Dec 2013, 11:34 pm #17

(23 Dec 2013, 1:57 am)GMitchelhill Christmas doesn't feel like Christmas anymore to me. Mainly because I am working the entire holiday season. Only got 2 days off with and that being Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm working Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day.

You going anywhere nice mate...I have only ever been to Adinkerke in the middle of the night on a fag and booze run), I have heard Antwerp, Ostend, Liege and Brussels are nice

Andreos1

24 Dec 2013, 10:45 am #18
Will be gid busy today, so incase I forget or don't get a chance - Merry Christmas to you all (even eezypeazy)!

Hopefully Santa is good and brings all you asked for.

Andreos1
24 Dec 2013, 10:45 am #18

Will be gid busy today, so incase I forget or don't get a chance - Merry Christmas to you all (even eezypeazy)!

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Dec 2013, 11:04 am #19
(24 Dec 2013, 10:45 am)andreos1 Will be gid busy today, so incase I forget or don't get a chance - Merry Christmas to you all (even eezypeazy)!

Merry Christmas! Smile
Dan
24 Dec 2013, 11:04 am #19

(24 Dec 2013, 10:45 am)andreos1 Will be gid busy today, so incase I forget or don't get a chance - Merry Christmas to you all (even eezypeazy)!

Merry Christmas! Smile

24 Dec 2013, 11:21 am #20
Going to my mums to see my Brothers and Sister, i even get the chance to ride Free Buses home Tongue
Terence Price
24 Dec 2013, 11:21 am #20

Going to my mums to see my Brothers and Sister, i even get the chance to ride Free Buses home Tongue

Pages (2) 1 2 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average