Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat NEB Day Trips

NEB Day Trips

NEB Day Trips

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 3 47 Next
Poll: Would you be interested in taking part in a NEB Day Trip
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
47.83%
Votes 11
No
13.04%
Votes 3
Maybe
39.13%
Votes 9

Total 23 vote(s) 100%
Adrian

20 Jan 2014, 9:11 pm #41
(20 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm)gtomlinson Double that? Huh

Edi - Newcastle is generally priced at a £10 each way unless you book really late. I've never paid more than a £10 in single and £23 in First.

Nat Express is about £9 each way but times are no good

I average about £24 each way, but that being said, I tend to not book more than a week or two in advance.

I've sent an enquiry off to East Coast based on 10 people travelling to Edinburgh as a group. Gives us an option if there's not enough uptake for a coach.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Jan 2014, 9:11 pm #41

(20 Jan 2014, 5:48 pm)gtomlinson Double that? Huh

Edi - Newcastle is generally priced at a £10 each way unless you book really late. I've never paid more than a £10 in single and £23 in First.

Nat Express is about £9 each way but times are no good

I average about £24 each way, but that being said, I tend to not book more than a week or two in advance.

I've sent an enquiry off to East Coast based on 10 people travelling to Edinburgh as a group. Gives us an option if there's not enough uptake for a coach.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jan 2014, 11:36 am #42
Phoenix are offeing a 29-seater for 420. If we get 25/29, works out at £17/head.
Dan
21 Jan 2014, 11:36 am #42

Phoenix are offeing a 29-seater for 420. If we get 25/29, works out at £17/head.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

21 Jan 2014, 6:01 pm #43
(19 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm)Adam Malarkey Just add to this idea rather than have Monthly Trips, why have 4 Major Trips Per Year and then if there is further interest, then schedule a few minor Day Trips in Between. As there are Various elements that you have to take into account also for example.

Cost - Can everyone Afford to do these trips on a Monthly Basis - (I know I can't)

Work - People who are in paid Employment - Will they be able to get the time off work to go on a Day Trip.

Trips - Would have been in Reason and Doable in a Day

Here little Model I have came up with, Trips would occur Every 3 Months, for example

February - Day Trip to Carlisle
May - Day Trip to Berwick and the Scottish Borders
August - Day Trip to Edinburgh and Dunfermline (SVBM)
November - Day Trip to Preston (Tour of John Fishwick and Sons Depot) if Possible

Then for Minor Trips in Between we could go to:

Lothian Open Doors Event
Weardale Open Day
Bus and Coach Show (Birmingham NEC Arena)
Showbus (Duxford near Cambridge in September)
Exeter Bus & Coach Station 50th Anniversary Rally (July)

There is just a few examples, and obviously in the North East we have Seaburn/Durham and MetroCentre Bus Rallies where we can meet up also, So I would SAY there is quite a bit scope for Day Trips which could be done.

Exeter as a minor trip, noooooo, it would take the best part of the day just to get there,

(19 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm)Adam Malarkey Just had a thought for SVBM in August, if we hired a Coach from Kingsley's I think we should go up on Ex Lothian Dennis SPD 182 Y182 CFS, How great would that be.That's if it can make to Dunfermline and Back.

As for Cost, if it's as low as £5 for the Odd Trip then I'll Definitely go on the trips more often, I wouldn't mind going to Blackpool actually, haven't been since I was 8 Years Old or Something. Glasgow also as I have been up a few times with Family, Last Time I went to Glasgow was in 2007 and I did the Tour of Parkhead and bumped into a few Players on the way out which was Awesome.

The thought of going on an SPD gives me nightmares, but as you say, it would be interesting to take an ex-Lothian vehicle back home

(19 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm)andreos1 That Yorkshire trip could be done on the Coastliner service.
Some sort of round trip, with stop offs along the way in the towns and villages.
Opportunities for bus spotting or pint supping :p

Sounds good, lol
MrFozz
21 Jan 2014, 6:01 pm #43

(19 Jan 2014, 8:51 pm)Adam Malarkey Just add to this idea rather than have Monthly Trips, why have 4 Major Trips Per Year and then if there is further interest, then schedule a few minor Day Trips in Between. As there are Various elements that you have to take into account also for example.

Cost - Can everyone Afford to do these trips on a Monthly Basis - (I know I can't)

Work - People who are in paid Employment - Will they be able to get the time off work to go on a Day Trip.

Trips - Would have been in Reason and Doable in a Day

Here little Model I have came up with, Trips would occur Every 3 Months, for example

February - Day Trip to Carlisle
May - Day Trip to Berwick and the Scottish Borders
August - Day Trip to Edinburgh and Dunfermline (SVBM)
November - Day Trip to Preston (Tour of John Fishwick and Sons Depot) if Possible

Then for Minor Trips in Between we could go to:

Lothian Open Doors Event
Weardale Open Day
Bus and Coach Show (Birmingham NEC Arena)
Showbus (Duxford near Cambridge in September)
Exeter Bus & Coach Station 50th Anniversary Rally (July)

There is just a few examples, and obviously in the North East we have Seaburn/Durham and MetroCentre Bus Rallies where we can meet up also, So I would SAY there is quite a bit scope for Day Trips which could be done.

Exeter as a minor trip, noooooo, it would take the best part of the day just to get there,

(19 Jan 2014, 9:33 pm)Adam Malarkey Just had a thought for SVBM in August, if we hired a Coach from Kingsley's I think we should go up on Ex Lothian Dennis SPD 182 Y182 CFS, How great would that be.That's if it can make to Dunfermline and Back.

As for Cost, if it's as low as £5 for the Odd Trip then I'll Definitely go on the trips more often, I wouldn't mind going to Blackpool actually, haven't been since I was 8 Years Old or Something. Glasgow also as I have been up a few times with Family, Last Time I went to Glasgow was in 2007 and I did the Tour of Parkhead and bumped into a few Players on the way out which was Awesome.

The thought of going on an SPD gives me nightmares, but as you say, it would be interesting to take an ex-Lothian vehicle back home

(19 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm)andreos1 That Yorkshire trip could be done on the Coastliner service.
Some sort of round trip, with stop offs along the way in the towns and villages.
Opportunities for bus spotting or pint supping :p

Sounds good, lol

Malarkey

28 Jan 2014, 5:14 pm #44
Just got an email back from G.L. Minibuses, it's only took them over a week, but here are there prices based on a 16 Seater.

Dunfermline - £320 - Per Person £20.00
Edinburgh - £300 - Per Person £18.75
Glasgow - £320 - Per Person £20.00
Blackpool - £300 - Per Person £18.75
Liverpool - £320 - Per Person £20.00
York - £260 - Per Person £16.25
Malarkey
28 Jan 2014, 5:14 pm #44

Just got an email back from G.L. Minibuses, it's only took them over a week, but here are there prices based on a 16 Seater.

Dunfermline - £320 - Per Person £20.00
Edinburgh - £300 - Per Person £18.75
Glasgow - £320 - Per Person £20.00
Blackpool - £300 - Per Person £18.75
Liverpool - £320 - Per Person £20.00
York - £260 - Per Person £16.25

Malarkey

29 Jan 2014, 6:25 pm #45
Conversation seems to have gone Dead on the Topic of an NEB Day Trip over the past week or so, So who fancies putting plans together for the Very First One, I was thinking one of those Voting Poll's with Various Locations would do the Trick. I would like to add Hull to the List of Places I would like to go to while i'm at it.
Malarkey
29 Jan 2014, 6:25 pm #45

Conversation seems to have gone Dead on the Topic of an NEB Day Trip over the past week or so, So who fancies putting plans together for the Very First One, I was thinking one of those Voting Poll's with Various Locations would do the Trick. I would like to add Hull to the List of Places I would like to go to while i'm at it.

Adrian

29 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm #46
(29 Jan 2014, 6:25 pm)Adam Malarkey Conversation seems to have gone Dead on the Topic of an NEB Day Trip over the past week or so, So who fancies putting plans together for the Very First One, I was thinking one of those Voting Poll's with Various Locations would do the Trick. I would like to add Hull to the List of Places I would like to go to while i'm at it.

I don't think there's much point in going to somewhere for the sake of going, at a time of year that you can't really predict the weather to be anything other than rain. Dunfermline and Showbus seemed to be the ones getting enough interest to actually look at booking, and they're ages away.

Adrian
29 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm #46

(29 Jan 2014, 6:25 pm)Adam Malarkey Conversation seems to have gone Dead on the Topic of an NEB Day Trip over the past week or so, So who fancies putting plans together for the Very First One, I was thinking one of those Voting Poll's with Various Locations would do the Trick. I would like to add Hull to the List of Places I would like to go to while i'm at it.

I don't think there's much point in going to somewhere for the sake of going, at a time of year that you can't really predict the weather to be anything other than rain. Dunfermline and Showbus seemed to be the ones getting enough interest to actually look at booking, and they're ages away.

Malarkey

09 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm #47
So we are at point of the Year where it's daylight for longer and it's getting warmer, let's organise a Day Trip
Malarkey
09 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm #47

So we are at point of the Year where it's daylight for longer and it's getting warmer, let's organise a Day Trip

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm #48
(09 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm)NEBCD Malarkey So we are at point of the Year where it's daylight for longer and it's getting warmer, let's organise a Day Trip

Definitely think we should wait a little longer. The weather is still quite temperamental and there are a number of preservation bus events being held already next month.
I'm short of money to put down a deposit on a coach too.
Dan
09 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm #48

(09 Mar 2014, 3:14 pm)NEBCD Malarkey So we are at point of the Year where it's daylight for longer and it's getting warmer, let's organise a Day Trip

Definitely think we should wait a little longer. The weather is still quite temperamental and there are a number of preservation bus events being held already next month.

Malarkey

09 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm #49
(09 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm)Dan Definitely think we should wait a little longer. The weather is still quite temperamental and there are a number of preservation bus events being held already next month.

What Preservation Events are on Next Month Dan?, As for Money, I get paid on the 25th March so that shouldn't be a Problem for me.
Malarkey
09 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm #49

(09 Mar 2014, 3:17 pm)Dan Definitely think we should wait a little longer. The weather is still quite temperamental and there are a number of preservation bus events being held already next month.

What Preservation Events are on Next Month Dan?, As for Money, I get paid on the 25th March so that shouldn't be a Problem for me.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm #50
(09 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm)NEBCD Malarkey What Preservation Events are on Next Month Dan?, As for Money, I get paid on the 25th March so that shouldn't be a Problem for me.

Another problem for me until June 17th is practice exams, coursework and revision for my actual exams. Such a busy time for me in school lately and they're really starting to put pressure on us all - receiving our exam timetables really put things into perspective and has kicked a lot of people back into reality.

You've all probably noticed me getting behind on the news, fleet lists etc. That's all linked to the aforementioned factors.

I will dig out the details for next month's events when I get home.
Dan
09 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm #50

(09 Mar 2014, 3:21 pm)NEBCD Malarkey What Preservation Events are on Next Month Dan?, As for Money, I get paid on the 25th March so that shouldn't be a Problem for me.

Another problem for me until June 17th is practice exams, coursework and revision for my actual exams. Such a busy time for me in school lately and they're really starting to put pressure on us all - receiving our exam timetables really put things into perspective and has kicked a lot of people back into reality.

You've all probably noticed me getting behind on the news, fleet lists etc. That's all linked to the aforementioned factors.

I will dig out the details for next month's events when I get home.

Kuyoyo

09 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm #51
(09 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm)Dan I will dig out the details for next month's events when I get home.

For easy reach ones, I can give you two dates and two events (one North East one and one from slightly more further afield).

20th April (Easter Sunday) - Kirkby Stephen Bus Rally (Cumbria)
27th April - 500 Group's Teesside Running Day (The Transporter, Middlesbrough)
Kuyoyo
09 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm #51

(09 Mar 2014, 3:28 pm)Dan I will dig out the details for next month's events when I get home.

For easy reach ones, I can give you two dates and two events (one North East one and one from slightly more further afield).

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm #52
(09 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm)Kuyoyo For easy reach ones, I can give you two dates and two events (one North East one and one from slightly more further afield).

Yes, for the Kirkby Stephen one...

Stu Gray
I am organising a trip to the Kirkby Stephen Bus Rally on April 20 this year. The transport will be a Leyland Leopard (SNC366X) owned by Stagecarriage of Middlesbrough. Pick up points provisionally will be Middlesbrough (BBC building), Thornaby Rail Station, Stockton High Street South, Darlington (Bondgate, opposite the Snooker Club), Bishop Auckland Market Place and Barnard Castle Galgate. Cost per head will be £12 adults, £10 children/concessions. I would strongly advise booking ahead! Further details will appear here as I need to liase with Stagecarriage as regards departure times etc.
Like · · Share · 21 February at 19:08

And for a slightly different one:
http://leylandolympians.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/dd.html
Dan
09 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm #52

(09 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm)Kuyoyo For easy reach ones, I can give you two dates and two events (one North East one and one from slightly more further afield).

Yes, for the Kirkby Stephen one...

Stu Gray
I am organising a trip to the Kirkby Stephen Bus Rally on April 20 this year. The transport will be a Leyland Leopard (SNC366X) owned by Stagecarriage of Middlesbrough. Pick up points provisionally will be Middlesbrough (BBC building), Thornaby Rail Station, Stockton High Street South, Darlington (Bondgate, opposite the Snooker Club), Bishop Auckland Market Place and Barnard Castle Galgate. Cost per head will be £12 adults, £10 children/concessions. I would strongly advise booking ahead! Further details will appear here as I need to liase with Stagecarriage as regards departure times etc.
Like · · Share · 21 February at 19:08

Kuyoyo

09 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm #53
(09 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm)Dan Yes, for the Kirkby Stephen one...

Indeed, for the Kirkby Stephen one, however there's no pick-up times yet.

The Leyland Olympian event has been partly organised by Jeff Tattersall (Jeff's Bus Lane) and it taking place the day before the 500 Group Running Day.

The 500 Group event (which this year, due to the timing of Easter, is a week later than normal) will help in celebrating the group's 25th anniversary. As in previous years, the group's 2 vehicles (Fleetline L544 and Loyne 99) will be joined by heritage vehicles from various parts of the country as well as modern vehicles to operate services from the Transporter base to Middlesbrough and Stockton via 3 different routes, plus the X19 express to Middlesbrough Stockton and Yarm.
Kuyoyo
09 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm #53

(09 Mar 2014, 4:02 pm)Dan Yes, for the Kirkby Stephen one...

Indeed, for the Kirkby Stephen one, however there's no pick-up times yet.

The Leyland Olympian event has been partly organised by Jeff Tattersall (Jeff's Bus Lane) and it taking place the day before the 500 Group Running Day.

The 500 Group event (which this year, due to the timing of Easter, is a week later than normal) will help in celebrating the group's 25th anniversary. As in previous years, the group's 2 vehicles (Fleetline L544 and Loyne 99) will be joined by heritage vehicles from various parts of the country as well as modern vehicles to operate services from the Transporter base to Middlesbrough and Stockton via 3 different routes, plus the X19 express to Middlesbrough Stockton and Yarm.

Tom

09 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm #54
I normally just go to the Durham/Seaburn/Metrocentre ones, and will probably be the same this year.
Tom
09 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm #54

I normally just go to the Durham/Seaburn/Metrocentre ones, and will probably be the same this year.

Adrian

09 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm #55
(09 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm)Tom I normally just go to the Durham/Seaburn/Metrocentre ones, and will probably be the same this year.

That's all I've normally done, but hoping to do a few more. You should head along to a few if you can.

I wouldn't have minded doing the Kirkby Stephen one, but I've already got something on Easter Sunday night, so best save myself for that.

Adrian
09 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm #55

(09 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm)Tom I normally just go to the Durham/Seaburn/Metrocentre ones, and will probably be the same this year.

That's all I've normally done, but hoping to do a few more. You should head along to a few if you can.

I wouldn't have minded doing the Kirkby Stephen one, but I've already got something on Easter Sunday night, so best save myself for that.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Mar 2014, 9:36 am #56
(09 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm)Kuyoyo Indeed, for the Kirkby Stephen one, however there's no pick-up times yet.

There is now - please see post below:

Stu Gray
Trip to Kirkby Stephen on 20 April - Pick up times and points as listed below...

Middlesbrough, BBC 0830
Stockton High Street Stagecoach Office 0840
Darlington Parkgate for Rail Station 0900
Darlington Bondgate 0905
Shildon Hippodrome 0920
Bishop Auckland Market Place 0930
Barnard Castle Galgate 1000

Departing Kirkby at 1600

Fare is £12 per person. Please inbox me to reserve a seat or for more information - pay on the day!

***Could people who have previously stated an interest in coming please get back in touch as I appear to have lost my list (d'oh!)***
Like · · Share · 11 hours ago · Edited

If anyone is interested in the trip on NEB, drop me a message and I'll pass it on to Stu.

I have also inquired as to whether it is possible for the pick up time to be delayed by a minute or two from Bishop Auckland as the first full X21 of the morning arrives at 0932.

EDIT: Stu says that the 0932 arrival at Bishop Auckland is fine to be used as a connection service, and timings will be altered accordingly on the day if the service is running late.
Dan
16 Mar 2014, 9:36 am #56

(09 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm)Kuyoyo Indeed, for the Kirkby Stephen one, however there's no pick-up times yet.

There is now - please see post below:

Stu Gray
Trip to Kirkby Stephen on 20 April - Pick up times and points as listed below...

Middlesbrough, BBC 0830
Stockton High Street Stagecoach Office 0840
Darlington Parkgate for Rail Station 0900
Darlington Bondgate 0905
Shildon Hippodrome 0920
Bishop Auckland Market Place 0930
Barnard Castle Galgate 1000

Departing Kirkby at 1600

Fare is £12 per person. Please inbox me to reserve a seat or for more information - pay on the day!

***Could people who have previously stated an interest in coming please get back in touch as I appear to have lost my list (d'oh!)***
Like · · Share · 11 hours ago · Edited

If anyone is interested in the trip on NEB, drop me a message and I'll pass it on to Stu.

I have also inquired as to whether it is possible for the pick up time to be delayed by a minute or two from Bishop Auckland as the first full X21 of the morning arrives at 0932.

EDIT: Stu says that the 0932 arrival at Bishop Auckland is fine to be used as a connection service, and timings will be altered accordingly on the day if the service is running late.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Apr 2014, 8:06 am #57
No NEB specific day trips as of yet, but our calendar is starting to get quite full with events over the next few weeks...
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/calend...calendar=1

Check out April and May for some events which may be of interest.
Dan
13 Apr 2014, 8:06 am #57

No NEB specific day trips as of yet, but our calendar is starting to get quite full with events over the next few weeks...

Tom

13 Apr 2014, 8:37 am #58
(13 Apr 2014, 8:06 am)Dan No NEB specific day trips as of yet, but our calendar is starting to get quite full with events over the next few weeks...

Defiantly going to the Metrocentre one, and might go to the Carlisle Depot Open Day.
Tom
13 Apr 2014, 8:37 am #58

(13 Apr 2014, 8:06 am)Dan No NEB specific day trips as of yet, but our calendar is starting to get quite full with events over the next few weeks...

Defiantly going to the Metrocentre one, and might go to the Carlisle Depot Open Day.

Adrian

13 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm #59
(13 Apr 2014, 8:37 am)Tom Defiantly going to the Metrocentre one, and might go to the Carlisle Depot Open Day.

I think I'll do the Carlisle Depot open day too if I've got nowt else on. It'll be an early start for the 85/685 though.

Adrian
13 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm #59

(13 Apr 2014, 8:37 am)Tom Defiantly going to the Metrocentre one, and might go to the Carlisle Depot Open Day.

I think I'll do the Carlisle Depot open day too if I've got nowt else on. It'll be an early start for the 85/685 though.

Dan

Site Administrator

13 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm #60
(13 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm)aureolin I think I'll do the Carlisle Depot open day too if I've got nowt else on. It'll be an early start for the 85/685 though.

I've just sent them an e-mail asking how much a return costs on the 685.
Might be worth me trying to get my hands on a Teen Card instead. Reluctant to mind, as I'll use it so infrequently yet I'll still be paying the £5 fee.
Dan
13 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm #60

(13 Apr 2014, 12:47 pm)aureolin I think I'll do the Carlisle Depot open day too if I've got nowt else on. It'll be an early start for the 85/685 though.

I've just sent them an e-mail asking how much a return costs on the 685.
Might be worth me trying to get my hands on a Teen Card instead. Reluctant to mind, as I'll use it so infrequently yet I'll still be paying the £5 fee.

Pages (7) Previous 1 2 3 47 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average