Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat NEB Day Trips

NEB Day Trips

NEB Day Trips

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next
Poll: Would you be interested in taking part in a NEB Day Trip
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
47.83%
Votes 11
No
13.04%
Votes 3
Maybe
39.13%
Votes 9

Total 23 vote(s) 100%
tyresmoke

14 Apr 2014, 12:34 pm #81
I would have expected it to be priced 10p below the Day Ticket price but there you go, learn something new every day.
Mind I suppose a lot of our returns in Teesside are £4.20 which matches the day price.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
14 Apr 2014, 12:34 pm #81

I would have expected it to be priced 10p below the Day Ticket price but there you go, learn something new every day.
Mind I suppose a lot of our returns in Teesside are £4.20 which matches the day price.

Tom

14 Apr 2014, 12:53 pm #82
(14 Apr 2014, 11:27 am)Dan Correct!

Think I need to order myself a Teen Card and get the Arriva one both ways...

If your getting a Teen Card you'll either have to leave very early or late.
Tom
14 Apr 2014, 12:53 pm #82

(14 Apr 2014, 11:27 am)Dan Correct!

Think I need to order myself a Teen Card and get the Arriva one both ways...

If your getting a Teen Card you'll either have to leave very early or late.

14 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm #83
(14 Apr 2014, 12:53 pm)Tom If your getting a Teen Card you'll either have to leave very early or late.

Not on a Saturday; you can use them all day on weekends and bank holidays.
Only thing I would be careful with is that some drivers won't let you use it past Greenhead (it's not officially the Tyne Valley, which is the limitation on the Teen Card). 9 out of 10 drivers will let you use it to Carlisle though.

Sean

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
14 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm #83

(14 Apr 2014, 12:53 pm)Tom If your getting a Teen Card you'll either have to leave very early or late.

Not on a Saturday; you can use them all day on weekends and bank holidays.
Only thing I would be careful with is that some drivers won't let you use it past Greenhead (it's not officially the Tyne Valley, which is the limitation on the Teen Card). 9 out of 10 drivers will let you use it to Carlisle though.

Sean

Tom

14 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm #84
(14 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)northern156 Not on a Saturday; you can use them all day on weekends and bank holidays.

Sean

Yeah, because the 0845/0945 from Newcastle are Stagecoach operated.
Tom
14 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm #84

(14 Apr 2014, 1:11 pm)northern156 Not on a Saturday; you can use them all day on weekends and bank holidays.

Sean

Yeah, because the 0845/0945 from Newcastle are Stagecoach operated.

tyresmoke

14 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm #85

Sean

Teencards are valid on all services starting/finishing in the North East now and have been for a while. Only exceptions are the X93 and X24. I can't see why it wouldn't be valid on the 685 to Carlisle, obviously Stagecoach won't accept it.

tyresmoke
14 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm #85

Sean

Teencards are valid on all services starting/finishing in the North East now and have been for a while. Only exceptions are the X93 and X24. I can't see why it wouldn't be valid on the 685 to Carlisle, obviously Stagecoach won't accept it.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm #86
(14 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm)tyresmoke Teencards are valid on all services starting/finishing in the North East now and have been for a while. Only exceptions are the X93 and X24. I can't see why it wouldn't be valid on the 685 to Carlisle, obviously Stagecoach won't accept it.

It's the 'starting/finishing in the North East' line which makes me think it wouldn't be valid all the way to Carlisle, or from Carlisle to Newcastle - Carlisle obviously being the North West and not the North East!
Dan
14 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm #86

(14 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm)tyresmoke Teencards are valid on all services starting/finishing in the North East now and have been for a while. Only exceptions are the X93 and X24. I can't see why it wouldn't be valid on the 685 to Carlisle, obviously Stagecoach won't accept it.

It's the 'starting/finishing in the North East' line which makes me think it wouldn't be valid all the way to Carlisle, or from Carlisle to Newcastle - Carlisle obviously being the North West and not the North East!

tyresmoke

14 Apr 2014, 2:12 pm #87
(14 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm)Dan It's the 'starting/finishing in the North East' line which makes me think it wouldn't be valid all the way to Carlisle, or from Carlisle to Newcastle - Carlisle obviously being the North West and not the North East!

You'd be starting your journey in the North East though, eg Newcastle-Carlisle. The same principle applies to the "County Durham" tickets that can be used to get to Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough to name a few

tyresmoke
14 Apr 2014, 2:12 pm #87

(14 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm)Dan It's the 'starting/finishing in the North East' line which makes me think it wouldn't be valid all the way to Carlisle, or from Carlisle to Newcastle - Carlisle obviously being the North West and not the North East!

You'd be starting your journey in the North East though, eg Newcastle-Carlisle. The same principle applies to the "County Durham" tickets that can be used to get to Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough to name a few

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Apr 2014, 2:13 pm #88
(14 Apr 2014, 2:12 pm)tyresmoke You'd be starting your journey in the North East though, eg Newcastle-Carlisle. The same principle applies to the "County Durham" tickets that can be used to get to Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough to name a few

I guess it does say 'or' and not 'and'! I have e-mailed for confirmation but nothing back as of yet. Wouldn't be too painful getting the one an hour earlier than the first SC one from NCL.
Dan
14 Apr 2014, 2:13 pm #88

(14 Apr 2014, 2:12 pm)tyresmoke You'd be starting your journey in the North East though, eg Newcastle-Carlisle. The same principle applies to the "County Durham" tickets that can be used to get to Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough to name a few

I guess it does say 'or' and not 'and'! I have e-mailed for confirmation but nothing back as of yet. Wouldn't be too painful getting the one an hour earlier than the first SC one from NCL.

14 Apr 2014, 3:23 pm #89
(14 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm)Tom Yeah, because the 0845/0945 from Newcastle are Stagecoach operated.

Quite right, my apologies!

Re starting and finishing points; I was just going on what's on the back of my teen card and experience of a couple of 685/85 drivers in the past.
I've done the full route on a teen card before so it's no problem - just carry the money to pay for a single anyway.

northern156
14 Apr 2014, 3:23 pm #89

(14 Apr 2014, 1:15 pm)Tom Yeah, because the 0845/0945 from Newcastle are Stagecoach operated.

Quite right, my apologies!

Re starting and finishing points; I was just going on what's on the back of my teen card and experience of a couple of 685/85 drivers in the past.
I've done the full route on a teen card before so it's no problem - just carry the money to pay for a single anyway.

MurdnunoC

14 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm #90
On the subject of day-trips, would anyone be interested in going somewhere further afield for an open day event such as Yorkshire, Manchester or even Glasgow/Scotish Lowlands?

I know the idea has been discussed as part of a forum-based coach trip, but I was thinking more along the lines of car-trip shared with three other people. Of course I'd be prepared to drive my car, but if more than three people wanted to go and if there are others on the forum prepared to drive their cars, then perhaps this could provide alternative solution to the coach-trip idea - if it's doubtful whether there'd be enough of us to fill a bus/coach.

It's just an idea floating around in my head at the minute, but I'd be interested to know what you all think?
MurdnunoC
14 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm #90

On the subject of day-trips, would anyone be interested in going somewhere further afield for an open day event such as Yorkshire, Manchester or even Glasgow/Scotish Lowlands?

I know the idea has been discussed as part of a forum-based coach trip, but I was thinking more along the lines of car-trip shared with three other people. Of course I'd be prepared to drive my car, but if more than three people wanted to go and if there are others on the forum prepared to drive their cars, then perhaps this could provide alternative solution to the coach-trip idea - if it's doubtful whether there'd be enough of us to fill a bus/coach.

It's just an idea floating around in my head at the minute, but I'd be interested to know what you all think?

Adrian

14 Apr 2014, 4:20 pm #91
(14 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm)AdamY On the subject of day-trips, would anyone be interested in going somewhere further afield for an open day event such as Yorkshire, Manchester or even Glasgow/Scotish Lowlands?

I'd be more than happy to do it by train. Even if we had 4 or 5, East Coast would give us 1/3 discount so I'm told.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Apr 2014, 4:20 pm #91

(14 Apr 2014, 3:41 pm)AdamY On the subject of day-trips, would anyone be interested in going somewhere further afield for an open day event such as Yorkshire, Manchester or even Glasgow/Scotish Lowlands?

I'd be more than happy to do it by train. Even if we had 4 or 5, East Coast would give us 1/3 discount so I'm told.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Kuyoyo

15 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm #92
(16 Mar 2014, 9:36 am)Dan There is now - please see post below:

Stu Gray
Trip to Kirkby Stephen on 20 April - Pick up times and points as listed below...

Middlesbrough, BBC 0830
Stockton High Street Stagecoach Office 0840
Darlington Parkgate for Rail Station 0900
Darlington Bondgate 0905
Shildon Hippodrome 0920
Bishop Auckland Market Place 0930
Barnard Castle Galgate 1000

Departing Kirkby at 1600

Fare is £12 per person. Please inbox me to reserve a seat or for more information - pay on the day!

***Could people who have previously stated an interest in coming please get back in touch as I appear to have lost my list (d'oh!)***
Like · · Share · 11 hours ago · Edited

If anyone is interested in the trip on NEB, drop me a message and I'll pass it on to Stu.

I have also inquired as to whether it is possible for the pick up time to be delayed by a minute or two from Bishop Auckland as the first full X21 of the morning arrives at 0932.

EDIT: Stu says that the 0932 arrival at Bishop Auckland is fine to be used as a connection service, and timings will be altered accordingly on the day if the service is running late.

A change to the Kirby Stephen trip details as of today:

Stu Grey
Due to unforseen circumstances, the trip to Kirkby Stephen I have organised for this weekend will now be operated by Stagecarriage's Dennis Condor. I will also take this opportunity to confirm the pick up points and times as follows;

Middlesbrough BBC 0830
Stockton High Street South (Stagecoach Office) 0840
Darlington Tubwell Row/Stonegate 0900 (note new pick up point due to height restriction on Parkgate)
Darlington Bondgate 0905
Shildon Byerley Road (Hippodrome) 0925
Bishop Auckland Market Place 0940 (will wait for X21)
West Auckland 0950
Barnard Castle 1010

Will leave at approx 1630 from Kirkby Stephen for return. All fares are £10 per person. Myself and Stagecarriage can only apologise for the late substitution of the Leopard. Please inbox me for any more information.
Edited 15 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm by Kuyoyo.
Kuyoyo
15 Apr 2014, 2:45 pm #92

(16 Mar 2014, 9:36 am)Dan There is now - please see post below:

Stu Gray
Trip to Kirkby Stephen on 20 April - Pick up times and points as listed below...

Middlesbrough, BBC 0830
Stockton High Street Stagecoach Office 0840
Darlington Parkgate for Rail Station 0900
Darlington Bondgate 0905
Shildon Hippodrome 0920
Bishop Auckland Market Place 0930
Barnard Castle Galgate 1000

Departing Kirkby at 1600

Fare is £12 per person. Please inbox me to reserve a seat or for more information - pay on the day!

***Could people who have previously stated an interest in coming please get back in touch as I appear to have lost my list (d'oh!)***
Like · · Share · 11 hours ago · Edited

If anyone is interested in the trip on NEB, drop me a message and I'll pass it on to Stu.

I have also inquired as to whether it is possible for the pick up time to be delayed by a minute or two from Bishop Auckland as the first full X21 of the morning arrives at 0932.

EDIT: Stu says that the 0932 arrival at Bishop Auckland is fine to be used as a connection service, and timings will be altered accordingly on the day if the service is running late.

A change to the Kirby Stephen trip details as of today:

Stu Grey
Due to unforseen circumstances, the trip to Kirkby Stephen I have organised for this weekend will now be operated by Stagecarriage's Dennis Condor. I will also take this opportunity to confirm the pick up points and times as follows;

Middlesbrough BBC 0830
Stockton High Street South (Stagecoach Office) 0840
Darlington Tubwell Row/Stonegate 0900 (note new pick up point due to height restriction on Parkgate)
Darlington Bondgate 0905
Shildon Byerley Road (Hippodrome) 0925
Bishop Auckland Market Place 0940 (will wait for X21)
West Auckland 0950
Barnard Castle 1010

Will leave at approx 1630 from Kirkby Stephen for return. All fares are £10 per person. Myself and Stagecarriage can only apologise for the late substitution of the Leopard. Please inbox me for any more information.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm #93
(13 Apr 2014, 8:06 am)Dan No NEB specific day trips as of yet, but our calendar is starting to get quite full with events over the next few weeks...
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/calend...calendar=1

Check out April and May for some events which may be of interest.

Added a few more trips to the calendar for those interested.
Dan
21 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm #93

(13 Apr 2014, 8:06 am)Dan No NEB specific day trips as of yet, but our calendar is starting to get quite full with events over the next few weeks...
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/calend...calendar=1

Check out April and May for some events which may be of interest.

Added a few more trips to the calendar for those interested.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Apr 2014, 6:43 pm #94
Craig Smith
25 April at 16:18 · Edited
We are going to have A moment of remembrance at The Metrocenter NEBPT for Ian. This will take place at 13.00 next to FTN 710W. Chris Redpath will be doing the announcement. I would be most obliged if people could spread the word as I know that many of Ian's friends are not on the internet. Thanks very much.

Edited the Metrocentre Rally event on the calendar to include the details above.
Dan
27 Apr 2014, 6:43 pm #94

Craig Smith
25 April at 16:18 · Edited
We are going to have A moment of remembrance at The Metrocenter NEBPT for Ian. This will take place at 13.00 next to FTN 710W. Chris Redpath will be doing the announcement. I would be most obliged if people could spread the word as I know that many of Ian's friends are not on the internet. Thanks very much.

Edited the Metrocentre Rally event on the calendar to include the details above.

Malarkey

28 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm #95
Bumped into a Stagecoach in Sunderland Driver at Peterlee this Afternoon after he came to talk to me, as he noticed I was taking photos, and he informed that me that he maybe taking one of the Gas E300's to the MetroCentre Rally this upcoming Sunday.
Malarkey
28 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm #95

Bumped into a Stagecoach in Sunderland Driver at Peterlee this Afternoon after he came to talk to me, as he noticed I was taking photos, and he informed that me that he maybe taking one of the Gas E300's to the MetroCentre Rally this upcoming Sunday.

Michael

28 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm #96
(28 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Bumped into a Stagecoach in Sunderland Driver at Peterlee this Afternoon after he came to talk to me, as he noticed I was taking photos, and he informed that me that he maybe taking one of the Gas E300's to the MetroCentre Rally this upcoming Sunday.

That's good, hopefully they do

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
28 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm #96

(28 Apr 2014, 4:04 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Bumped into a Stagecoach in Sunderland Driver at Peterlee this Afternoon after he came to talk to me, as he noticed I was taking photos, and he informed that me that he maybe taking one of the Gas E300's to the MetroCentre Rally this upcoming Sunday.

That's good, hopefully they do

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

28 Apr 2014, 4:36 pm #97
(28 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm)Michael That's good, hopefully they do

Unconfirmed I would say, but as there was one at the Teeside 500 Group Event Yesterday, then I would say the likelihood of one being at The MetroCentre Rally on Sunday is Pretty High, Plus the fact Stagecoach attended both MetroCentre and Seaburn Rallies Last Year also, Hopefully we'll see all Major Operators Participating again This Year.
Malarkey
28 Apr 2014, 4:36 pm #97

(28 Apr 2014, 4:12 pm)Michael That's good, hopefully they do

Unconfirmed I would say, but as there was one at the Teeside 500 Group Event Yesterday, then I would say the likelihood of one being at The MetroCentre Rally on Sunday is Pretty High, Plus the fact Stagecoach attended both MetroCentre and Seaburn Rallies Last Year also, Hopefully we'll see all Major Operators Participating again This Year.

DanPicken

Banned

28 Apr 2014, 4:39 pm #98
(27 Apr 2014, 6:43 pm)Dan Edited the Metrocentre Rally event on the calendar to include the details above.

i will be at the rally anyway and will go to the memorial
DanPicken
28 Apr 2014, 4:39 pm #98

(27 Apr 2014, 6:43 pm)Dan Edited the Metrocentre Rally event on the calendar to include the details above.

i will be at the rally anyway and will go to the memorial

Malarkey

30 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm #99
http://www.nebpt.co.uk/news_/pg3ev483.html

This event which will feature a selection of classic buses on display, trade stands and a free bus & coach service around the local area and to the Tanfield railway

This year there are three free bus services

Service 1 MetroCentre - Newcastle - MetroCentre

MetroCentre Coach Park - Departs 20 Minutes Past Each Hour
Newcastle Business Park
opp Dunston Staithes
MetroCentre Coach Park - Arrives Back 40 Minutes Past Each Hour

Service 2 MetroCentre - Market Lane - Go North East Riverside Garage - MetroCentre

MetroCentre Coach Park - Departs at 10/40 Minutes Past Each Hour
Market Lane
Go North East Riverside Garage
MetroCentre Coach Park - Arrives back at 00/30 Past Each Hour

Service 3 Metrocentre - Tanfield Railway - MetroCentre

MetroCentre Coach Park - Departs on the Hour (First Journey 11pm/Last Journey 5pm
Tanfield Railway Terminus arrive - 20 Minutes Past Each Hour
Tanfield Railway Terminus leave - 30 Minutes Past Each Hour
MetroCentre Coach Park - Arrives back at 50 Minutes Past Each Hour

Think i'll end up on Service 3 as it looks like a Great Journey to do, probs skip Service 2 and walk to Riverside Depot, unless of course it is stopping inside the Depot, which I doubt, Service 1 I might do also to stretch the Day out a Bit, Shaping to be a Great Day on Sunday.
Malarkey
30 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm #99

http://www.nebpt.co.uk/news_/pg3ev483.html

This event which will feature a selection of classic buses on display, trade stands and a free bus & coach service around the local area and to the Tanfield railway

Newcastle Business Park
opp Dunston Staithes

Service 2 MetroCentre - Market Lane - Go North East Riverside Garage - MetroCentre

Market Lane

MetroCentre Coach Park - Departs on the Hour (First Journey 11pm/Last Journey 5pm

Think i'll end up on Service 3 as it looks like a Great Journey to do, probs skip Service 2 and walk to Riverside Depot, unless of course it is stopping inside the Depot, which I doubt, Service 1 I might do also to stretch the Day out a Bit, Shaping to be a Great Day on Sunday.

Kuyoyo

30 Apr 2014, 10:23 pm #100
(30 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey http://www.nebpt.co.uk/news_/pg3ev483.html

Newcastle Business Park
opp Dunston Staithes

Market Lane

Service 2 will likely be the least used route - given it is being said that it will only be operated by the vehicles from Go North East that attend (various figures this week range from 15 up to 25). By contrast, at present, Arriva's presence this year is likely only to be one of Durham's Geminis (there is a chance there will be more later in the year).

3 vehicles that certainly won't be at the event this year are Yesterbus' Nationals (MK2 CKB166X and Mk1 YFY4M) and The Eden's new restored Leopard PPT446P. Stagecarriage's Leopard VJI8684 is also a doubt as the problem that cancelled its trip to Kirkby Stephen on Easter Sunday and prevented it joining G303FWC at the 500 Group Running Day on Sunday are not an easy fix. So, G303FWC may once again be standing in for the vehicle.
Kuyoyo
30 Apr 2014, 10:23 pm #100

(30 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm)NEBCD Malarkey http://www.nebpt.co.uk/news_/pg3ev483.html

Newcastle Business Park
opp Dunston Staithes

Market Lane

Service 2 will likely be the least used route - given it is being said that it will only be operated by the vehicles from Go North East that attend (various figures this week range from 15 up to 25). By contrast, at present, Arriva's presence this year is likely only to be one of Durham's Geminis (there is a chance there will be more later in the year).

3 vehicles that certainly won't be at the event this year are Yesterbus' Nationals (MK2 CKB166X and Mk1 YFY4M) and The Eden's new restored Leopard PPT446P. Stagecarriage's Leopard VJI8684 is also a doubt as the problem that cancelled its trip to Kirkby Stephen on Easter Sunday and prevented it joining G303FWC at the 500 Group Running Day on Sunday are not an easy fix. So, G303FWC may once again be standing in for the vehicle.

Pages (7) Previous 14 5 6 7 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average