Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 143 44 45203 Next
Adam

09 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm #861
Must apologise in advance for the length of the post....

(09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)Dan First Class on a weekend isn't worth it - you definitely ought to find the time to do it on a weekday!

Of course, I dare say, the trains are busier on a weekend compared to weekdays (obviously excluding peak times). Like I said earlier, I'll have to look into the T&Cs to see when the expiry date is and if it's after the Easter holidays.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)MarcTheA4 When I went down to London with East Coast in October, I had a Class 43 HST on the 08:38 from Durham, so that would be the 08:20ish from Newcastle. From what I've seen, it's always a HST. Smile

One thing I would definitely look into, Adam, is using the Flying Scotsman service. You know the one that starts at Edinburgh at like 05:40, gets to Newcastle for bang on 07:00 and arrives into King's Cross for about 10:00? Get on that.

I imagine it'll be a worthwhile experience. I'd absolutely love to do that! (Hintedy hint hint!) Tongue

You're not going to give up with the hints are you haha Tongue (Something completely unrelated but I know it'll make you happy.... My driver on the X25 this morning may have been the one and only Pat Armstrong. What does she look like again?)

Anyway, yeah, I know the Flying Scotsman. 05:40 from EDB, non-stop to NCL leaving at 07:04 and then non-stop to KGX arriving at 09:40ish I think. Never used that particular service before but there's a first for everything. Suppose it gives me more time in the Capital I do get it. Only problem though is that it won't allow me to follow Andreos' suggestion of timing the trains so that I get a breakfast and a brunch/lunch out of it.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm)aureolin I love the Flying Scotsman service. I'll always aim to get that one, as it makes a massive amount of difference when it's non-stop.

I suppose a non-stop service will make the journey seem a heck of a lot quicker. 2 and a half hours is still a large amount of time to keep yourself occupied for.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed. Never been on it, but it's just one of those things I aim to do, maybe when I've got some spare cash at Uni!

Just checked a few things, and a whole set can carry about 500 people, and I remember in All Aboard: East Coast Trains hearing the narrator say about 100 get on at Edinburgh and the same at Newcastle, before going non-stop to King's Cross. Should make a pretty nice journey. Smile

@Adam, I imagine the Flying Scotsman service won't be a HST. What with a Class 91 + Mk4 Set being in a special livery for it, and apparently being allocated to it!

Spare cash whilst at uni?! What planet are you on Tongue It all goes on other stuff *cough* PARTYING *cough*.

Yeah, I've saw the 07:04 before when I went down to York for a uni open day and it was a Class 91. Shame really but never mind.
Adam
09 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm #861

Must apologise in advance for the length of the post....

(09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)Dan First Class on a weekend isn't worth it - you definitely ought to find the time to do it on a weekday!

Of course, I dare say, the trains are busier on a weekend compared to weekdays (obviously excluding peak times). Like I said earlier, I'll have to look into the T&Cs to see when the expiry date is and if it's after the Easter holidays.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)MarcTheA4 When I went down to London with East Coast in October, I had a Class 43 HST on the 08:38 from Durham, so that would be the 08:20ish from Newcastle. From what I've seen, it's always a HST. Smile

One thing I would definitely look into, Adam, is using the Flying Scotsman service. You know the one that starts at Edinburgh at like 05:40, gets to Newcastle for bang on 07:00 and arrives into King's Cross for about 10:00? Get on that.

I imagine it'll be a worthwhile experience. I'd absolutely love to do that! (Hintedy hint hint!) Tongue

You're not going to give up with the hints are you haha Tongue (Something completely unrelated but I know it'll make you happy.... My driver on the X25 this morning may have been the one and only Pat Armstrong. What does she look like again?)

Anyway, yeah, I know the Flying Scotsman. 05:40 from EDB, non-stop to NCL leaving at 07:04 and then non-stop to KGX arriving at 09:40ish I think. Never used that particular service before but there's a first for everything. Suppose it gives me more time in the Capital I do get it. Only problem though is that it won't allow me to follow Andreos' suggestion of timing the trains so that I get a breakfast and a brunch/lunch out of it.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm)aureolin I love the Flying Scotsman service. I'll always aim to get that one, as it makes a massive amount of difference when it's non-stop.

I suppose a non-stop service will make the journey seem a heck of a lot quicker. 2 and a half hours is still a large amount of time to keep yourself occupied for.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed. Never been on it, but it's just one of those things I aim to do, maybe when I've got some spare cash at Uni!

Just checked a few things, and a whole set can carry about 500 people, and I remember in All Aboard: East Coast Trains hearing the narrator say about 100 get on at Edinburgh and the same at Newcastle, before going non-stop to King's Cross. Should make a pretty nice journey. Smile

@Adam, I imagine the Flying Scotsman service won't be a HST. What with a Class 91 + Mk4 Set being in a special livery for it, and apparently being allocated to it!

Spare cash whilst at uni?! What planet are you on Tongue It all goes on other stuff *cough* PARTYING *cough*.

Yeah, I've saw the 07:04 before when I went down to York for a uni open day and it was a Class 91. Shame really but never mind.

09 Dec 2014, 7:50 pm #862
Patsy? Very cheery; always friendly. Has blonde/gold hair, always nice and short, (for a lady!) and normally says 'hiya!' when someone boards! Smile
R852 PRG
09 Dec 2014, 7:50 pm #862

Patsy? Very cheery; always friendly. Has blonde/gold hair, always nice and short, (for a lady!) and normally says 'hiya!' when someone boards! Smile

Adam

09 Dec 2014, 7:55 pm #863
(09 Dec 2014, 7:50 pm)MarcTheA4 Patsy? Very cheery; always friendly. Has blonde/gold hair, always nice and short, (for a lady!) and normally says 'hiya!' when someone boards! Smile

Might have been. She fits your description apart from saying hello. Saying that though, she might have done, but I had my earphones in so wouldn't have heard. What she did do though was wait for me to board after she saw is running for the bus. Very nice gesture Smile

I recall someone having a pic of her when driving. If I saw that then I should be able to decipher whether it was her or not.
Adam
09 Dec 2014, 7:55 pm #863

(09 Dec 2014, 7:50 pm)MarcTheA4 Patsy? Very cheery; always friendly. Has blonde/gold hair, always nice and short, (for a lady!) and normally says 'hiya!' when someone boards! Smile

Might have been. She fits your description apart from saying hello. Saying that though, she might have done, but I had my earphones in so wouldn't have heard. What she did do though was wait for me to board after she saw is running for the bus. Very nice gesture Smile

I recall someone having a pic of her when driving. If I saw that then I should be able to decipher whether it was her or not.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm #864
(09 Dec 2014, 7:55 pm)Adam Might have been. She fits your description apart from saying hello. Saying that though, she might have done, but I had my earphones in so wouldn't have heard. What she did do though was wait for me to board after she saw is running for the bus. Very nice gesture Smile

Not the best photo of her, it must be said, but...
https://flic.kr/p/ny8D1U
Dan
09 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm #864

(09 Dec 2014, 7:55 pm)Adam Might have been. She fits your description apart from saying hello. Saying that though, she might have done, but I had my earphones in so wouldn't have heard. What she did do though was wait for me to board after she saw is running for the bus. Very nice gesture Smile

Not the best photo of her, it must be said, but...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm #865
(09 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm)Adam Must apologise in advance for the length of the post....

The wet stuff that has a percentage on it' bottle Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm #865

(09 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm)Adam Must apologise in advance for the length of the post....

The wet stuff that has a percentage on it' bottle Big Grin

Adam

09 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm #866
(09 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm)Dan Not the best photo of her, it must be said, but...

Oh dear. I seemingly have the wrong person as my driver this morning wasn't her in the photo. I'll just go and put myself back in my box Undecided

(09 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm)marxistafozzski The wet stuff that has a percentage on it' bottle Big Grin

Aye, mainly that
Adam
09 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm #866

(09 Dec 2014, 8:02 pm)Dan Not the best photo of her, it must be said, but...

Oh dear. I seemingly have the wrong person as my driver this morning wasn't her in the photo. I'll just go and put myself back in my box Undecided

(09 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm)marxistafozzski The wet stuff that has a percentage on it' bottle Big Grin

Aye, mainly that

Andreos1

09 Dec 2014, 9:41 pm #867
@Adam
Weekends, think the 1st Class offer is tea, coffee, juice and sandwiches/cake.

The weekday is a little bit more (inc hot food) and alcohol too.

You could always go North.
The one to Aberdeen from Leeds (8.25 Durham, 8.40is Newcastle) is a HST and you get breakfast on leaving Newcastle. Sandwiches crossing the Forth.
Inverness is always a HST too.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Dec 2014, 9:41 pm #867

@Adam

The one to Aberdeen from Leeds (8.25 Durham, 8.40is Newcastle) is a HST and you get breakfast on leaving Newcastle. Sandwiches crossing the Forth.

Adam

09 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm #868
(09 Dec 2014, 9:41 pm)Andreos1 @Adam

I didn't realise the offering in First Class was different on a weekend compared to weekdays. Very tempted to go during the week now.

I've been to Aberdeen before for a family wedding, albeit 14 years ago. Never been to Inverness though but it does seem a nice place.

I used the 08:41 when I went to Edinburgh with my Business Class last year. Happily, I was put in charge of the transport for the trip, so deliberately chose the 08:41 as I knew it was an HST with it continuing to Aberdeen Tongue
Adam
09 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm #868

(09 Dec 2014, 9:41 pm)Andreos1 @Adam

I didn't realise the offering in First Class was different on a weekend compared to weekdays. Very tempted to go during the week now.

I've been to Aberdeen before for a family wedding, albeit 14 years ago. Never been to Inverness though but it does seem a nice place.

I used the 08:41 when I went to Edinburgh with my Business Class last year. Happily, I was put in charge of the transport for the trip, so deliberately chose the 08:41 as I knew it was an HST with it continuing to Aberdeen Tongue

citaro5284

09 Dec 2014, 11:01 pm #869
(09 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm)Adam I didn't realise the offering in First Class was different on a weekend compared to weekdays. Very tempted to go during the week now.

Yeah, it is very poor on a weekend compared to weekday, that is for sure.
citaro5284
09 Dec 2014, 11:01 pm #869

(09 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm)Adam I didn't realise the offering in First Class was different on a weekend compared to weekdays. Very tempted to go during the week now.

Yeah, it is very poor on a weekend compared to weekday, that is for sure.

Andreos1

10 Dec 2014, 7:58 am #870
As Citaro5284 mentioned, it is poor on a weekend. It would be a waste of a prize travelling on a weekend in my opinion.

Obviously if you can only go on a weekend, then it can't be helped.

Andreos1
10 Dec 2014, 7:58 am #870

As Citaro5284 mentioned, it is poor on a weekend. It would be a waste of a prize travelling on a weekend in my opinion.

Obviously if you can only go on a weekend, then it can't be helped.

Diamond One

Banned

10 Dec 2014, 11:19 am #871
Although my phone went off this morning before its scheduled alarm playing Caravan Of Love by The Housemartains when I got the phone call saying The Angel Hybrid (6067) is now in stock I was happy canny ride the real angel 6067 one of my favourite drivers (also one of my friends) had driven it when I once popped down to Chester-le-Street to see one of our friends who had just got a new job but am happy 6067 is now in stock woo hoo
Diamond One
10 Dec 2014, 11:19 am #871

Although my phone went off this morning before its scheduled alarm playing Caravan Of Love by The Housemartains when I got the phone call saying The Angel Hybrid (6067) is now in stock I was happy canny ride the real angel 6067 one of my favourite drivers (also one of my friends) had driven it when I once popped down to Chester-le-Street to see one of our friends who had just got a new job but am happy 6067 is now in stock woo hoo

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm #872
More what made me laugh than made me happy...

In McDonalds at Dalton Park a woman comes in to complain about her McChicken she just got in the drive thru, she asked for the McChicken plain with cheese, she was literally handed a piece of chicken in a box with a cheese slice on it...The person at the order point got confused with the order, thinking plain with a bit cheese meant just that with no Bun...

I had to leave rather as I would have pissed myself and cried laughing, I wish I had the cheek to whip my phone out and ask if I could take a photo...

I never thought anyone would be thick enough to sell a McChicken Sandwich without a bun...

Made me day, it did Big Grin
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 10:26 pm #872

More what made me laugh than made me happy...

In McDonalds at Dalton Park a woman comes in to complain about her McChicken she just got in the drive thru, she asked for the McChicken plain with cheese, she was literally handed a piece of chicken in a box with a cheese slice on it...The person at the order point got confused with the order, thinking plain with a bit cheese meant just that with no Bun...

I had to leave rather as I would have pissed myself and cried laughing, I wish I had the cheek to whip my phone out and ask if I could take a photo...

I never thought anyone would be thick enough to sell a McChicken Sandwich without a bun...

Made me day, it did Big Grin

Jimmi

10 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm #873
Wow, I've had wrong orders in McDonalds but they haven't been that bad.

The Arnison Centre one was the worst I've been in for mistakes.

Also went into one on Blackpool Seafront and was served by a lass called Ocean.
Jimmi
10 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm #873

Wow, I've had wrong orders in McDonalds but they haven't been that bad.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm #874
(10 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm)Jimmi Wow, I've had wrong orders in McDonalds but they haven't been that bad.

Great Name, considering where she is based Big Grin

next time I am in McDonalds am gonna ask for the same and see if they fuck it up lmao
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm #874

(10 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm)Jimmi Wow, I've had wrong orders in McDonalds but they haven't been that bad.

Great Name, considering where she is based Big Grin

next time I am in McDonalds am gonna ask for the same and see if they fuck it up lmao

Jimmi

10 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm #875
The last complaint I saw someone make in McDonalds was someone came up and said they wanted a cup of hot water (I imagine that they were putting one teabag in two cups to save money).
Jimmi
10 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm #875

The last complaint I saw someone make in McDonalds was someone came up and said they wanted a cup of hot water (I imagine that they were putting one teabag in two cups to save money).

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 10:49 pm #876
(10 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm)Jimmi The last complaint I saw someone make in McDonalds was someone came up and said they wanted a cup of hot water (I imagine that they were putting one teabag in two cups to save money).
That is just cheeky Big Grin

My mam made me laugh a few years ago, we went to InShanghai All You Can Eat Chinese Restaurant in Durham, her and my sisters friend stashed a couple of plastic tupperware dish things in there bags, they ended up filling the bowls up to bring home...

My mother justified it by saying 'I am getting my moneys worth, she paid for all she could eat and there was nothing to state that it had be consumed in the restaurant'
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 10:49 pm #876

(10 Dec 2014, 10:43 pm)Jimmi The last complaint I saw someone make in McDonalds was someone came up and said they wanted a cup of hot water (I imagine that they were putting one teabag in two cups to save money).
That is just cheeky Big Grin

My mam made me laugh a few years ago, we went to InShanghai All You Can Eat Chinese Restaurant in Durham, her and my sisters friend stashed a couple of plastic tupperware dish things in there bags, they ended up filling the bowls up to bring home...

My mother justified it by saying 'I am getting my moneys worth, she paid for all she could eat and there was nothing to state that it had be consumed in the restaurant'

Jimmi

10 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm #877
Something that amuses me in places like McDonalds is when people ask for really unhealthy selections and then ask for Diet Coke... Like that's going to make all the difference.
Jimmi
10 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm #877

Something that amuses me in places like McDonalds is when people ask for really unhealthy selections and then ask for Diet Coke... Like that's going to make all the difference.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

10 Dec 2014, 11:00 pm #878
(10 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm)Jimmi Something that amuses me in places like McDonalds is when people ask for really unhealthy selections and then ask for Diet Coke... Like that's going to make all the difference.
Like me today...Large Big Mac...with Sprite Zero...

But I didn't know it was Zero though lol...

Not quite how this is connected,

Hospital Visits, seems to be unwritten rule to take a bunch of grapes and a big bottle of Lucozade Big Grin
MrFozz
10 Dec 2014, 11:00 pm #878

(10 Dec 2014, 10:56 pm)Jimmi Something that amuses me in places like McDonalds is when people ask for really unhealthy selections and then ask for Diet Coke... Like that's going to make all the difference.
Like me today...Large Big Mac...with Sprite Zero...

But I didn't know it was Zero though lol...

Not quite how this is connected,

Hospital Visits, seems to be unwritten rule to take a bunch of grapes and a big bottle of Lucozade Big Grin

Jimmi

10 Dec 2014, 11:09 pm #879
Another thing I once saw in McDonalds was there was a load of chavs and they were shouting and throwing food around and this woman just got up and started shouting at them telling them to grow up and they were scum, at this point I decided to get some straws so they couldn't see me pissing myself laughing Big Grin
Jimmi
10 Dec 2014, 11:09 pm #879

Another thing I once saw in McDonalds was there was a load of chavs and they were shouting and throwing food around and this woman just got up and started shouting at them telling them to grow up and they were scum, at this point I decided to get some straws so they couldn't see me pissing myself laughing Big Grin

10 Dec 2014, 11:19 pm #880
One time at the McDonalds at the Arnison Centre, I remember I'd just sat down with my food (was relatively quiet for once!) and I noticed a kid similar to my age group with a Happy Meal (), and some chavs shouted over and asked him if he was planning on playing with the toy. Tongue

All of a sudden, a man who had just collected his food walked past them. However, he stopped to 'get some condiments', when he was actually unscrewing the lid of the Diet Coke.

To make a long story short, he sprayed the lot of them with Diet Coke before walking out with his Chicken Selects!
Edited 10 Dec 2014, 11:19 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
10 Dec 2014, 11:19 pm #880

One time at the McDonalds at the Arnison Centre, I remember I'd just sat down with my food (was relatively quiet for once!) and I noticed a kid similar to my age group with a Happy Meal (), and some chavs shouted over and asked him if he was planning on playing with the toy. Tongue

All of a sudden, a man who had just collected his food walked past them. However, he stopped to 'get some condiments', when he was actually unscrewing the lid of the Diet Coke.

To make a long story short, he sprayed the lot of them with Diet Coke before walking out with his Chicken Selects!

Pages (203) Previous 143 44 45203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average