Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203) Previous 142 43 44203 Next
MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm #841
(08 Dec 2014, 7:14 pm)Andreos1 How do the FPF respond to that?!
Good question, how do they respond mate Big Grin
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 7:52 pm #841

(08 Dec 2014, 7:14 pm)Andreos1 How do the FPF respond to that?!
Good question, how do they respond mate Big Grin

Adam

08 Dec 2014, 8:29 pm #842
After this morning's dreadful start (see What's Annoying You thread), my day got much better when I found out I got a 1st on my first uni assignment Big Grin
Adam
08 Dec 2014, 8:29 pm #842

After this morning's dreadful start (see What's Annoying You thread), my day got much better when I found out I got a 1st on my first uni assignment Big Grin

Andreos1

08 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #843
@Fozz

Haven't had that many expletives thrown against my name, since the last time the GNE management team went on the lash!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #843

@Fozz

Haven't had that many expletives thrown against my name, since the last time the GNE management team went on the lash!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #844
(08 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm)Andreos1 @Fozz

Big Grin lol Andreos...
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm #844

(08 Dec 2014, 8:32 pm)Andreos1 @Fozz

Big Grin lol Andreos...

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

08 Dec 2014, 10:01 pm #845
@Andreos

Hope you dont mind taking the piss mate...

Always wanted to do my own downfall parody, and could not think of anything else lol...

I was never good at comedy when I was a drama student Big Grin
MrFozz
08 Dec 2014, 10:01 pm #845

@Andreos

Hope you dont mind taking the piss mate...

Always wanted to do my own downfall parody, and could not think of anything else lol...

I was never good at comedy when I was a drama student Big Grin

Andreos1

09 Dec 2014, 10:05 am #846
Just replied to your PM.

No, don't mind at all. Found it quite funny.
The more militant members of the FPF are currently burning effigies and planning on an invasion of Murton though Wink

Andreos1
09 Dec 2014, 10:05 am #846

Just replied to your PM.

The more militant members of the FPF are currently burning effigies and planning on an invasion of Murton though Wink

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Dec 2014, 10:15 am #847
(09 Dec 2014, 10:05 am)Andreos1 Just replied to your PM.

The more militant members of the FPF are currently burning effigies and planning on an invasion of Murton though Wink.
Damn...I am fucked then...the reign of terror will childish in it's tactics, I better go and see the vicar to ring the church bells, to warn of the impending invasion Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Dec 2014, 10:15 am #847

(09 Dec 2014, 10:05 am)Andreos1 Just replied to your PM.

The more militant members of the FPF are currently burning effigies and planning on an invasion of Murton though Wink.
Damn...I am fucked then...the reign of terror will childish in it's tactics, I better go and see the vicar to ring the church bells, to warn of the impending invasion Big Grin

Andreos1

09 Dec 2014, 11:05 am #848
Gonna have snipers climb the wind turbines - got long range spud guns trained on the ar$es of those who dare badmouth the FPF.

The FPF have also trained/recruited members of the South Hetton Wildboys and Easington Lane Wildgirls, to sneak up the old railway line and push people off bikes into nettle bushes too.

Andreos1
09 Dec 2014, 11:05 am #848

Gonna have snipers climb the wind turbines - got long range spud guns trained on the ar$es of those who dare badmouth the FPF.

The FPF have also trained/recruited members of the South Hetton Wildboys and Easington Lane Wildgirls, to sneak up the old railway line and push people off bikes into nettle bushes too.

MurdnunoC

09 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm #849
(09 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)Andreos1 Gonna have snipers climb the wind turbines - got long range spud guns trained on the ar$es of those who dare badmouth the FPF.

Something similar has actually happened to me in the past. I wasn't riding a bike, but I was lured and pushed into a bush of nettles by an older boy when I was about five years old. I was living in Blaydon at the time. 
Edited 09 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
09 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm #849

(09 Dec 2014, 11:05 am)Andreos1 Gonna have snipers climb the wind turbines - got long range spud guns trained on the ar$es of those who dare badmouth the FPF.

Something similar has actually happened to me in the past. I wasn't riding a bike, but I was lured and pushed into a bush of nettles by an older boy when I was about five years old. I was living in Blaydon at the time. 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm #850
(09 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm)AdamY Something similar has actually happened to me in the past. I wasn't riding a bike, but I was lured and pushed into a bush of nettles by an older boy when I was about five years old. I was living in Blaydon at the time. 
I know a lass who once nettled her flaps when she was having a wee in a bush Big Grin
MrFozz
09 Dec 2014, 1:38 pm #850

(09 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm)AdamY Something similar has actually happened to me in the past. I wasn't riding a bike, but I was lured and pushed into a bush of nettles by an older boy when I was about five years old. I was living in Blaydon at the time. 
I know a lass who once nettled her flaps when she was having a wee in a bush Big Grin

Adam

09 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm #851
Got an email from East Coast saying that I won last week's Bid for a Seat Facebook Competition, so I've now got two free First Class tickets to London and back Big Grin
Adam
09 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm #851

Got an email from East Coast saying that I won last week's Bid for a Seat Facebook Competition, so I've now got two free First Class tickets to London and back Big Grin

09 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm #852
(09 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm)Adam Got an email from East Coast saying that I won last week's Bid for a Seat Facebook Competition, so I've now got two free First Class tickets to London and back Big Grin

Jesus that's brilliant!

Ya know how me n'you have grown quite close over the past 6 months, what with meh giving you advise about your Arkansassy woman! Wink

Nah take whoever you want! Smile - enjoy it!
R852 PRG
09 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm #852

(09 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm)Adam Got an email from East Coast saying that I won last week's Bid for a Seat Facebook Competition, so I've now got two free First Class tickets to London and back Big Grin

Jesus that's brilliant!

Ya know how me n'you have grown quite close over the past 6 months, what with meh giving you advise about your Arkansassy woman! Wink

Andreos1

09 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm #853
Go during the week, whatever you do. On the slowest train possible.

If you time it right, you should get a breakfast and daytime meal out of it going down.
Never worked out the best time to come back.

Hope for delays or overhead wire problems and milk 1st class for all it is worth.

You should get at least two servings and sit as close to the kitchen as possible - you will be served first and get first choice on the menu!
Edited 09 Dec 2014, 7:06 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
09 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm #853

Go during the week, whatever you do. On the slowest train possible.

If you time it right, you should get a breakfast and daytime meal out of it going down.

Hope for delays or overhead wire problems and milk 1st class for all it is worth.

You should get at least two servings and sit as close to the kitchen as possible - you will be served first and get first choice on the menu!

Adam

09 Dec 2014, 7:18 pm #854
(09 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm)MarcTheA4 Jesus that's brilliant!

Thanks. I'm sure I will. I'm still undecided as to when to go, but I do love the HST train, so if I can get say the 7:57 down from NCL to KGX and the 20:00 back up, then that would be great Big Grin

I still haven't seen a Borismaster in the flesh yet, so it would also be great if I could twok a ride on one of them. Certainly a lot of planning to do haha.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm)Andreos1 Go during the week, whatever you do. On the slowest train possible.

Certainly a lot to think about.

I don't know if I can go during the week with uni and that. I get most Wednesday's off but I usually find myself either doing assignments or other work, so it will have to be on a weekend. Also, I don't get a February half-term holiday, instead having an extra week at Easter, but I'm not sure if the tickets are still valid for then. They should be. I'll have to read the T&Cs.
Adam
09 Dec 2014, 7:18 pm #854

(09 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm)MarcTheA4 Jesus that's brilliant!

Thanks. I'm sure I will. I'm still undecided as to when to go, but I do love the HST train, so if I can get say the 7:57 down from NCL to KGX and the 20:00 back up, then that would be great Big Grin

I still haven't seen a Borismaster in the flesh yet, so it would also be great if I could twok a ride on one of them. Certainly a lot of planning to do haha.

(09 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm)Andreos1 Go during the week, whatever you do. On the slowest train possible.

Certainly a lot to think about.

I don't know if I can go during the week with uni and that. I get most Wednesday's off but I usually find myself either doing assignments or other work, so it will have to be on a weekend. Also, I don't get a February half-term holiday, instead having an extra week at Easter, but I'm not sure if the tickets are still valid for then. They should be. I'll have to read the T&Cs.

Adrian

09 Dec 2014, 7:20 pm #855
Found a £60 expenses cheque that I hadn't paid in. Dated 24th June, so I'm just within the 6 month limit!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Dec 2014, 7:20 pm #855

Found a £60 expenses cheque that I hadn't paid in. Dated 24th June, so I'm just within the 6 month limit!

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm #856
First Class on a weekend isn't worth it - you definitely ought to find the time to do it on a weekday!
Dan
09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm #856

First Class on a weekend isn't worth it - you definitely ought to find the time to do it on a weekday!

09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm #857
When I went down to London with East Coast in October, I had a Class 43 HST on the 08:38 from Durham, so that would be the 08:20ish from Newcastle. From what I've seen, it's always a HST. Smile

One thing I would definitely look into, Adam, is using the Flying Scotsman service. You know the one that starts at Edinburgh at like 05:40, gets to Newcastle for bang on 07:00 and arrives into King's Cross for about 10:00? Get on that.

I imagine it'll be a worthwhile experience. I'd absolutely love to do that! (Hintedy hint hint!) Tongue
R852 PRG
09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm #857

When I went down to London with East Coast in October, I had a Class 43 HST on the 08:38 from Durham, so that would be the 08:20ish from Newcastle. From what I've seen, it's always a HST. Smile

One thing I would definitely look into, Adam, is using the Flying Scotsman service. You know the one that starts at Edinburgh at like 05:40, gets to Newcastle for bang on 07:00 and arrives into King's Cross for about 10:00? Get on that.

I imagine it'll be a worthwhile experience. I'd absolutely love to do that! (Hintedy hint hint!) Tongue

Adrian

09 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm #858
(09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)MarcTheA4 When I went down to London with East Coast in October, I had a Class 43 HST on the 08:38 from Durham, so that would be the 08:20ish from Newcastle. From what I've seen, it's always a HST. Smile

I love the Flying Scotsman service. I'll always aim to get that one, as it makes a massive amount of difference when it's non-stop. 

Adrian
09 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm #858

(09 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm)MarcTheA4 When I went down to London with East Coast in October, I had a Class 43 HST on the 08:38 from Durham, so that would be the 08:20ish from Newcastle. From what I've seen, it's always a HST. Smile

I love the Flying Scotsman service. I'll always aim to get that one, as it makes a massive amount of difference when it's non-stop. 

09 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm #859
(09 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm)aureolin I love the Flying Scotsman service. I'll always aim to get that one, as it makes a massive amount of difference when it's non-stop. 

Indeed. Never been on it, but it's just one of those things I aim to do, maybe when I've got some spare cash at Uni!

Just checked a few things, and a whole set can carry about 500 people, and I remember in All Aboard: East Coast Trains hearing the narrator say about 100 get on at Edinburgh and the same at Newcastle, before going non-stop to King's Cross. Should make a pretty nice journey. Smile

@Adam, I imagine the Flying Scotsman service won't be a HST. What with a Class 91 + Mk4 Set being in a special livery for it, and apparently being allocated to it!
R852 PRG
09 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm #859

(09 Dec 2014, 7:26 pm)aureolin I love the Flying Scotsman service. I'll always aim to get that one, as it makes a massive amount of difference when it's non-stop. 

Indeed. Never been on it, but it's just one of those things I aim to do, maybe when I've got some spare cash at Uni!

Just checked a few things, and a whole set can carry about 500 people, and I remember in All Aboard: East Coast Trains hearing the narrator say about 100 get on at Edinburgh and the same at Newcastle, before going non-stop to King's Cross. Should make a pretty nice journey. Smile

@Adam, I imagine the Flying Scotsman service won't be a HST. What with a Class 91 + Mk4 Set being in a special livery for it, and apparently being allocated to it!

Adrian

09 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm #860
(09 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed. Never been on it, but it's just one of those things I aim to do, maybe when I've got some spare cash at Uni!

Aye, it's never massively busy, as most at Newcastle pile on to the 0655 instead. Whenever I book in advance it's about £83.00 for the 0655, and £118 for the 0703. So I guess most business travellers will be told to use the 0655.

Adrian
09 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm #860

(09 Dec 2014, 7:30 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed. Never been on it, but it's just one of those things I aim to do, maybe when I've got some spare cash at Uni!

Aye, it's never massively busy, as most at Newcastle pile on to the 0655 instead. Whenever I book in advance it's about £83.00 for the 0655, and £118 for the 0703. So I guess most business travellers will be told to use the 0655.

Pages (203) Previous 142 43 44203 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average