Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Timetables.

Timetables.

Timetables.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
GuyParkRoyal

24 Apr 2014, 10:10 am #1
Nexus have at last removed the Stagecoach branded timetables for the Newcastle 33 service from their Travel Centres and Bus Stations. New Nexus Branded timetables for the 33 have now been introduced.

So far so good until you open the timetable and Nexus inform you that the service is operated by Go North East.

Strange that as Kingsleys are operating the 33.
Edited 24 Apr 2014, 10:11 am by GuyParkRoyal.
Attached Files
.jpg
img013.jpg
Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 67
GuyParkRoyal
24 Apr 2014, 10:10 am #1

Nexus have at last removed the Stagecoach branded timetables for the Newcastle 33 service from their Travel Centres and Bus Stations. New Nexus Branded timetables for the 33 have now been introduced.

So far so good until you open the timetable and Nexus inform you that the service is operated by Go North East.

Strange that as Kingsleys are operating the 33.

Attached Files
.jpg
img013.jpg
Size: 1.37 MB / Downloads: 67

Acky81

24 Apr 2014, 10:43 am #2
Yet another nexus cock up!!! They are getting worse
Acky81
24 Apr 2014, 10:43 am #2

Yet another nexus cock up!!! They are getting worse

24 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm #3
They should also apologise to any customers who may be awaiting the 1507 Monday to Friday trip from pilgrim street.

(There isn't one, despite what this publicity says).
JakeSavage
24 Apr 2014, 8:30 pm #3

They should also apologise to any customers who may be awaiting the 1507 Monday to Friday trip from pilgrim street.

(There isn't one, despite what this publicity says).

Jimmi

29 Oct 2014, 3:30 pm #4
Timetable on stand B in Park Lane says that the Arriva 22/23 both leave at 07, 37 mins past the hour.
Jimmi
29 Oct 2014, 3:30 pm #4

Timetable on stand B in Park Lane says that the Arriva 22/23 both leave at 07, 37 mins past the hour.

Michael

29 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm #5
Nexus are starting to update their online bus timetables for this weeks GNE changes...

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24247.pdf - Sunderland Royal Hospital

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24801.pdf - Hylton Retail Park (odd seen a bus to Beamish going from there). 
Edited 29 Oct 2014, 3:40 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm #5

Nexus are starting to update their online bus timetables for this weeks GNE changes...

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24247.pdf - Sunderland Royal Hospital

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/24801.pdf - Hylton Retail Park (odd seen a bus to Beamish going from there). 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

30 Oct 2014, 8:04 am #6
Nexus updated the Timetables at Lambton Village Centre ahead of the Scheduled Chsnges on Sunday, Must be a Sickness Bug going about as theyve done a few days early.
Malarkey
30 Oct 2014, 8:04 am #6

Nexus updated the Timetables at Lambton Village Centre ahead of the Scheduled Chsnges on Sunday, Must be a Sickness Bug going about as theyve done a few days early.

Tommy1581

19 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm #7
All the stops along Milburn Road (Ashington) still list the 34. Even though the 34 uses North Seaton Road now.
Tommy1581
19 Dec 2014, 6:27 pm #7

All the stops along Milburn Road (Ashington) still list the 34. Even though the 34 uses North Seaton Road now.

Adrian

18 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm #8
Out of interest, I wonder if Nexus continue to print the non-standard bus stop timetables for the Quaylink, once it goes commercial? Probably not practical across the whole route, but I cant see the issue in the traditional Quaylink area in the City Centre. It's great for tourists, as they can see the full route map.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
18 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm #8

Out of interest, I wonder if Nexus continue to print the non-standard bus stop timetables for the Quaylink, once it goes commercial? Probably not practical across the whole route, but I cant see the issue in the traditional Quaylink area in the City Centre. It's great for tourists, as they can see the full route map.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am #9
(18 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm)aureolin Out of interest, I wonder if Nexus continue to print the non-standard bus stop timetables for the Quaylink, once it goes commercial? Probably not practical across the whole route, but I cant see the issue in the traditional Quaylink area in the City Centre. It's great for tourists, as they can see the full route map.

The real question ought to have been "I wonder if Nexus will update the timetables at all"... Your answer would be "No" - we still have timetables dated 2012 on the Quayside.
Dan
26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am #9

(18 Jul 2015, 3:04 pm)aureolin Out of interest, I wonder if Nexus continue to print the non-standard bus stop timetables for the Quaylink, once it goes commercial? Probably not practical across the whole route, but I cant see the issue in the traditional Quaylink area in the City Centre. It's great for tourists, as they can see the full route map.

The real question ought to have been "I wonder if Nexus will update the timetables at all"... Your answer would be "No" - we still have timetables dated 2012 on the Quayside.

Michael

26 Jul 2015, 10:06 am #10
(26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am)Dan The real question ought to have been "I wonder if Nexus will update the timetables at all"... Your answer would be "No" - we still have timetables dated 2012 on the Quayside.

Some of the online ones have being updated on the NEXUS site.... it'll take them weeks to change some of the timetables on the streets...........

Really they should gone around yesterday to do them and early morning, shouldn't take long to change a bus timetable....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Jul 2015, 10:06 am #10

(26 Jul 2015, 10:02 am)Dan The real question ought to have been "I wonder if Nexus will update the timetables at all"... Your answer would be "No" - we still have timetables dated 2012 on the Quayside.

Some of the online ones have being updated on the NEXUS site.... it'll take them weeks to change some of the timetables on the streets...........

Really they should gone around yesterday to do them and early morning, shouldn't take long to change a bus timetable....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BJ10VUS

26 Jul 2015, 10:40 am #11
I've found a new Quaylink timetable and the updated map for Hillgate Quay.
I haven't been to the stop in person, but it's been updated online.
http://liners.nexus.org.uk/15Q15.pdf
BJ10VUS
26 Jul 2015, 10:40 am #11

I've found a new Quaylink timetable and the updated map for Hillgate Quay.

MurdnunoC

26 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm #12
(26 Jul 2015, 10:40 am)BJ10VUS I've found a new Quaylink timetable and the updated map for Hillgate Quay.

I was walking along Market Street earlier today and noticed the eastbound (towards Gateshead/St Peter's Basin) bus-stop has had its timetable updated to reflect the changes. 

The flag on the stop, however, still shows Q1/Q2.
MurdnunoC
26 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm #12

(26 Jul 2015, 10:40 am)BJ10VUS I've found a new Quaylink timetable and the updated map for Hillgate Quay.

I was walking along Market Street earlier today and noticed the eastbound (towards Gateshead/St Peter's Basin) bus-stop has had its timetable updated to reflect the changes. 

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm #13
(26 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm)MurdnunoC I was walking along Market Street earlier today and noticed the eastbound (towards Gateshead/St Peter's Basin) bus-stop has had its timetable updated to reflect the changes. 

The timetables in the Gateshead area have been updated, too. I didn't look at any of the timetables in the City Centre, but none of the timetables along the Quayside had been updated (these arguably being some of the most important, given that the Q2 will now go to Gateshead instead of St Peter's Basin).
Dan
26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm #13

(26 Jul 2015, 3:18 pm)MurdnunoC I was walking along Market Street earlier today and noticed the eastbound (towards Gateshead/St Peter's Basin) bus-stop has had its timetable updated to reflect the changes. 

The timetables in the Gateshead area have been updated, too. I didn't look at any of the timetables in the City Centre, but none of the timetables along the Quayside had been updated (these arguably being some of the most important, given that the Q2 will now go to Gateshead instead of St Peter's Basin).

MurdnunoC

26 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm #14
(26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm)Dan The timetables in the Gateshead area have been updated, too. I didn't look at any of the timetables in the City Centre, but none of the timetables along the Quayside had been updated (these arguably being some of the most important, given that the Q2 will now go to Gateshead instead of St Peter's Basin).

Were they different to the usual Nexus liners?

The one on Market Street appeared to look different, showing both routes and highlighting the locations of various tourist attractions. The timetable itself was in its usual Nexus format - with service Q2 terminating at Heworth Metro.
MurdnunoC
26 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm #14

(26 Jul 2015, 3:21 pm)Dan The timetables in the Gateshead area have been updated, too. I didn't look at any of the timetables in the City Centre, but none of the timetables along the Quayside had been updated (these arguably being some of the most important, given that the Q2 will now go to Gateshead instead of St Peter's Basin).

Were they different to the usual Nexus liners?

The one on Market Street appeared to look different, showing both routes and highlighting the locations of various tourist attractions. The timetable itself was in its usual Nexus format - with service Q2 terminating at Heworth Metro.

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm #15
(26 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm)MurdnunoC Were they different to the usual Nexus liners?

The stops on the old Orbit 51/52 routes (that I saw) had the normal Nexus liners. See Wrekenton High Street liners here.

I'll double check the one in Gateshead Interchange tomorrow as I think this one was yellow (although as the stop is shared with the Citylink, it was only small and had no map to my memory).
Dan
26 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm #15

(26 Jul 2015, 3:39 pm)MurdnunoC Were they different to the usual Nexus liners?

The stops on the old Orbit 51/52 routes (that I saw) had the normal Nexus liners. See Wrekenton High Street liners here.

I'll double check the one in Gateshead Interchange tomorrow as I think this one was yellow (although as the stop is shared with the Citylink, it was only small and had no map to my memory).

01 Aug 2015, 8:23 am #16
Liners at Regent Centre stand C showing Q3... and service X16!!!
omnicity4659
01 Aug 2015, 8:23 am #16

Liners at Regent Centre stand C showing Q3... and service X16!!!

Jimmi

01 Aug 2015, 12:32 pm #17
Brilliantly informative timetable at Thompson Street Post Office in Darlington.
[Image: 9ad72392eb66cc2fdac23bd1a7a711bd.jpg]

It's only missing the times for the 7, 8, 16, 21 and X66! I'll be honest I am amazed that the Dalesbus and Moorsbus services are on it.
Jimmi
01 Aug 2015, 12:32 pm #17

Brilliantly informative timetable at Thompson Street Post Office in Darlington.
[Image: 9ad72392eb66cc2fdac23bd1a7a711bd.jpg]

It's only missing the times for the 7, 8, 16, 21 and X66! I'll be honest I am amazed that the Dalesbus and Moorsbus services are on it.

James101

30 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm #18
.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 22.50.37.png
Size: 701.94 KB / Downloads: 45

This monstrosity disappeared off the Connect Tees Valley website for a while, but it appears it's made a comeback!

Aside from the fact it looks like it's been cobbled together in MS Paint, it doesn't actually tell the user much at all.

Bearing in mind the point of a transit map should be that it can be given to a person with no knowledge of the area and they can fathom out what goes where and where they can catch it. 

The town centre is a mess, there's no way a person could reasonably work out what services are included in the technicolour loop. Then there's the colours themselves, I'm not sure of the reasoning the way services have been grouped. Some services which have widely varying destinations are shown as the same colour (X10, X17), yet some services which have similar routes & destinations are given unique colours (12, 13, 14). 

The white circles are the most peculiar feature. I presume they represent bus stops, but only some are shown. Out of the ones that are shown, most are without labels, meaning they just sit around rather anonymously. There's no way a person could use the map to work out the departure location of their service. On saying that, maybe they're not actually bus stops, as the Newport Roundabout is reprinted as a single point, which suggests every service passing through calls at a single interchange point, including the ones whizzing overhead on the A66. 

The rest of the resources provided by Connect Tees Valley are quite good, hopefully someone there can have a look at this one.
James101
30 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm #18

.png
Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 22.50.37.png
Size: 701.94 KB / Downloads: 45

This monstrosity disappeared off the Connect Tees Valley website for a while, but it appears it's made a comeback!

Aside from the fact it looks like it's been cobbled together in MS Paint, it doesn't actually tell the user much at all.

Bearing in mind the point of a transit map should be that it can be given to a person with no knowledge of the area and they can fathom out what goes where and where they can catch it. 

The town centre is a mess, there's no way a person could reasonably work out what services are included in the technicolour loop. Then there's the colours themselves, I'm not sure of the reasoning the way services have been grouped. Some services which have widely varying destinations are shown as the same colour (X10, X17), yet some services which have similar routes & destinations are given unique colours (12, 13, 14). 

The white circles are the most peculiar feature. I presume they represent bus stops, but only some are shown. Out of the ones that are shown, most are without labels, meaning they just sit around rather anonymously. There's no way a person could use the map to work out the departure location of their service. On saying that, maybe they're not actually bus stops, as the Newport Roundabout is reprinted as a single point, which suggests every service passing through calls at a single interchange point, including the ones whizzing overhead on the A66. 

The rest of the resources provided by Connect Tees Valley are quite good, hopefully someone there can have a look at this one.

Andreos1

30 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm #19
(30 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm)James101 This monstrosity disappeared off the Connect Tees Valley website for a while, but it appears it's made a comeback!

Incorrect data on the legend too. One that jumps out, are the services along the A66.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Mar 2017, 1:01 pm #19

(30 Mar 2017, 12:14 pm)James101 This monstrosity disappeared off the Connect Tees Valley website for a while, but it appears it's made a comeback!

Incorrect data on the legend too. One that jumps out, are the services along the A66.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

dannygee

12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm #20
Think nexus have made another mistake online.
dannygee
12 Apr 2017, 2:08 pm #20

Think nexus have made another mistake online.

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average