North East Buses

Full Version: Scania announces "gas-powered" double decker!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very interesting article, following the success of their ADL E300 bodied K270UBs. The demonstrator vehicle is expected to have an E400 MMC body.

http://www.route-one.net/industry/scania...le-decker/
(10 Sep 2014, 5:00 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]Very interesting article, following the success of their ADL E300 bodied K270UBs. The demonstrator vehicle is expected to have an E400 MMC body.

http://www.route-one.net/industry/scania...le-decker/

Looking forward to seeing it, should be intresting to see how its designed
Hopefully see some in Sunderland for the services which often require double decked vehicles - such as services 16 and 20 - with the single decks being cascaded to other routes at Sunderland.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:03 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looking forward to seeing it, should be intresting to see how its designed

(10 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Hopefully see some in Sunderland for the services which often require double decked vehicles - such as services 16 and 20 - with the single decks being cascaded to other routes at Sunderland.

I wonder whether SNE's Walkergate and Slatyford Depots have enough room for a gas fuelling facility?
(10 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Hopefully see some in Sunderland for the services which often require double decked vehicles - such as services 16 and 20 - with the single decks being cascaded to other routes at Sunderland.

Wouldn't mind them on the 16.

Not sure for the space in the Newcastle depots but i do think they will get gas buses in Newcastle in the future, although i still think they want to make Sunderland fully gas operated.
Davey Bowyer will be happy Scania are providing a 9 Litre Diesel Variant which will be used on the Following Services, to provide various Cascades for other Services.

Go North East Services:
Cobalt Clipper - 309/310
Red Arrows - X1
Fab 56 - 56
Tyne Tees Xpress - X9/X10
Ten - 10

Arriva Services: X15/X18/X20/X21/X22 and X93
(10 Sep 2014, 5:30 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Davey Bowyer will be happy Scania are providing a 9 Litre Diesel Variant which will be used on the Following Services, to provide various Cascades for other Services.

Go North East Services:
Cobalt Clipper - 309/310
Red Arrows - X1
Fab 56 - 56
Ten - 10

Least they gonna use the same engines as the latest batch of 23 which were delivered to Sunderland.

I hope Sunderland get the demo, when its out.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:30 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Davey Bowyer will be happy Scania are providing a 9 Litre Diesel Variant which will be used on the Following Services, to provide various Cascades for other Services.

Go North East Services:
Cobalt Clipper - 309/310
Red Arrows - X1
Fab 56 - 56
Ten - 10

Where does it say that?, Sorry i can't see it.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Where does it say that?, Sorry i can't see it.

Last Paragraph

"Scania will also offer a diesel double-deck chassis at Euro 6, powered by a 250bhp nine-litre engine. This is the same unit which will be used in the Irizar i2 and i3 single-deck buses built on Scania chassis, with Mr Oliver stressing that despite earlier reports suggesting a Cummins unit was to be fitted, Scania’s own nine-litre engine is to be used in both."
(10 Sep 2014, 5:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Where does it say that?, Sorry i can't see it.

Second paragraph.

The gas ‘decker will be powered by the same Euro 6 nine-litre engine already in service in 23 single-deck K270UBs with Stagecoach in Sunderland.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Second paragraph.

No i mean for the 56 etc?
(10 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]No i mean for the 56 etc?

Adam meant 'which could be used'.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Adam meant 'which could be used'.

Oh right, he missed it out haha
(10 Sep 2014, 5:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]No i mean for the 56 etc?

I was taking the "Michael" Michael Wink, as Davey Bowyer always does one those posts mainly on the Cobalts/56's, where all the B9's will be Repainted, and Replaced by E400MMC's etc, and he also goes on about Buses with Big Engines also.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:44 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I was taking the "Michael" Michael Wink, as Davey Bowyer always does one those posts mainly on the Cobalts/56's, where all the B9's will be Repainted, and Replaced by E400MMC's etc, and he also goes on about Buses with Big Engines also.

Christ, how did i not notice... lmao
(10 Sep 2014, 5:50 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Christ, how did i not notice... lmao

You're not on the ball lately, like, Michael!

First you didn't notice all of the "most buses are Euro 4" posts, now this...
(10 Sep 2014, 5:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]You're not on the ball lately, like, Michael!

First you didn't notice all of the "most buses are Euro 4" posts, now this...

I know!, i blame being off uni to long, being off since June! haha

I go back on Monday so it might help XD

lets just delete all those posts above and forget that happened... Tongue
(10 Sep 2014, 5:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I know!, i blame being off uni to long, being off since June! haha

I go back on Monday so it might help XD

lets just delete all those posts above and forget that happened... Tongue

Can't be doing that, we should keep them for a Personal Amusement when looking over Posts as and when required.
(10 Sep 2014, 5:44 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I was taking the "Michael" Michael Wink, as Davey Bowyer always does one those posts mainly on the Cobalts/56's, where all the B9's will be Repainted, and Replaced by E400MMC's etc, and he also goes on about Buses with Big Engines also.
What? You mean the posts that swap every vehicle in the fleet around to increase the PVR on the 309/310 by 2?!

In all seriousness though Davey's posts lighten my day up.
(10 Sep 2014, 8:48 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]What? You mean the posts that swap every vehicle in the fleet around to increase the PVR on the 309/310 by 2?!

In all seriousness though Davey's posts lighten my day up.

I am them ones, but there have been other Variations of those that he does though.
Pages: 1 2