North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

GEOFF LAIDLER

Spotted de-branded Crusader 4837 and 4838 R837/8PRG parked up at Winlaton yesterday.

tom.robinson206

I wonder if they'll ever get round to changing the interior advert/CCTV displays on the new 'Crusader' Citaro's?

The 'Crusader' Volvo's were still showing 'The Diamond', as well as an advert for the December 2011 production of "Legally Blonde" at the Sunderland Empire Big Grin
with reference to the DAFs been withdrawn does this include the ones on the Lambton Worm 34/34A and Waggonway 28/28A at Chester le Street. or will these be withdrawn at a later date with there not being enough Renowns off the 27 to replace them all.

Also what about the SPD's as I thought GNE would of withdrawn the rest of them before withdrawing other buses from the fleet.

And finally does anyone what GNE have bid for New Bus wise through the Green Bus Fund Round 4 as I haven't heard much in recent weeks.

I would surmise the 56/34-34A/28-28A would get new buses and then obviously a batch of new buses to replace the Olympians/SPD's/DAF's
Thanks Rob i couldnt renember how many they said, it will be sad to see the older buses go but they are starting to struggle, its likely they will all be replaced by 2015.

Rob do u know what GNE have bidded for and what buses they are.

Any details on this 80 bus order?
(19 Feb 2013, 1:42 am)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Just a summary of Monday 18th February 2013...

It is now rumoured that, having been with Gateshead for two days, these Citaros have moved back to Winlaton temporarily. The Renowns, however, remain with Winlaton.

If the Citaro's have gone back to Winlaton (which they have), Gateshead would need the B10's back as then they would not have enough buses to meet PVR.
(19 Feb 2013, 6:11 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]
(19 Feb 2013, 1:42 am)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Just a summary of Monday 18th February 2013...

It is now rumoured that, having been with Gateshead for two days, these Citaros have moved back to Winlaton temporarily. The Renowns, however, remain with Winlaton.

If the Citaro's have gone back to Winlaton (which they have), Gateshead would need the B10's back as then they would not have enough buses to meet PVR.

I was told that they're still with Winlaton, hence why, for that full statement, I said 'rumoured that'.
I'll be on the lookout today - if it takes two buses to be down to completely cock up Gateshead's allocations owing to PVR limits, then there are severe problems.
(19 Feb 2013, 9:22 am)Daniel wrote [ -> ]

I was told that they're still with Winlaton, hence why, for that full statement, I said 'rumoured that'.
I'll be on the lookout today - if it takes two buses to be down to completely cock up Gateshead's allocations owing to PVR limits, then there are severe problems.

4837 is back at Gateshead for I have just passed it on the 37 as the X10 I'm on arrived in Gateshead.
(19 Feb 2013, 9:30 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]
(19 Feb 2013, 9:22 am)Daniel wrote [ -> ]

4837 is back at Gateshead for I have just passed it on the 37 as the X10 I'm on arrived in Gateshead.

Okay, thanks. Looks like part of the information passed on to me was correct, and the other half, not so!
The reason for the re-swap of 5314-7 & 4837/8 is now known - the B9TLs have developed an electrical fault and have been pulled for retrification. As such the Citaros are required back at Winlaton and the B10BLEs at Gateshead.
(19 Feb 2013, 1:05 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]The reason for the re-swap of 5314-7 & 4837/8 is now known - the B9TLs have developed an electrical fault and have been pulled for retrification. As such the Citaros are required back at Winlaton and the B10BLEs at Gateshead.

The problem was always known, but I wasn't sure whether that information was allowed to be distributed to the group, for it came from a depot manager!
They performed quite badly yesterday - a few tweaks are required before they go back in service to improve performance and reliability. If anyone was in the areas where the 10/10A stay on the same path, they'd know that, at one point, like the 49s, they were running in threes.
Also, I believe they're going to work on getting the stop announcements fully implemented... Yesterday, a technician was out trying to get them working and he didn't seem to manage!
(19 Feb 2013, 1:05 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]The reason for the re-swap of 5314-7 & 4837/8 is now known - the B9TLs have developed an electrical fault and have been pulled for retrification. As such the Citaros are required back at Winlaton and the B10BLEs at Gateshead.

All it was on some vehicles the remote card reader was not working. With regards to the next stop announcements - Hanover is working on it.
After a trip to Blaydon today to catch the new deckers in action, and after 50 minutes waiting not one turned up, so I asked the driver on the ex tyne tees express one if he'd see any and he told me they are being sent back to Wrightbus as they don't have the Next stop Voiceover System built in, So this could result in a delay to them all entering service and could also delay further fleet movements also, morely effecting the 27 which is getting citaros, which I also didnt see any of in the 30 mins at Heworth and Gateshead. There was another bus spotter at Blaydon also but I didn't speak to him but can back me up on the above about the Geminis.

There was also quite a few odd workings aswell today, I'll have a list of them put up in a bit.

Also regarding the 27 the allocation for the service was

4 unbranded crusader renown and 4 still branded
Norhern Cadet
Yellow Buses Olympian and a Northern Vyking

this is what I seen on the service today while at Heworth/Gateshead

Didn't see one Silver Citaro on the 27 today.

I got photos at blaydon of the Toonlink on the 69/69A and the Pulse on the 49's
(19 Feb 2013, 4:48 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]After a trip to Blaydon today to catch the new deckers in action, and after 50 minutes waiting not one turned up, so I asked the driver on the ex tyne tees express one if he'd see any and he told me they are being sent back to Wrightbus as they don't have the Next stop Voiceover System built in, So this could result in a delay to them all entering service and could also delay further fleet movements also, morely effecting the 27 which is getting citaros, which I also didnt see any of in the 30 mins at Heworth and Gateshead. There was another bus spotter at Blaydon also but I didn't speak to him but can back me up on the above about the Geminis.

There was also quite a few odd workings aswell today, I'll have a list of them put up in a bit.

Adam, they are not going back to Ireland but getting worked on here also the reason why the voice is not working is that it has not been recorded yet, the vehicles have everything fitted.
You didn't see the plain silver Citaros on the 27 because they've been moved back to Winlaton, Adam. I did inform everyone at 2am this morning that this was so ;-)
Its ok daniel I know about that, got pics of them at Blaydon

tom.robinson206

Bit off topic, but will the X40 really need Scania Bendies? I know that's what's happening, but considering the Arriva service is currently using Darts and Solos, will it really be necessary?
(19 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote [ -> ]Bit off topic, but will the X40 really need Scania Bendies? I know that's what's happening, but considering the Arriva service is currently using Darts and Solos, will it really be necessary?

I worked up at Great Park for a few weeks on secondment and the service was very unreliable but always packed. Rarely got a seat. Lot of people park in town and commute out and vice versa.
Toonlink Wright Solar on Pulse 69 to Wardley
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
Northern East Lancs Vyking on Wheyaye50 50 to Durham
WSS MPD on MetroLink M1 to Houghton
Silver Arrows on the X3 to Newcastle
Northern East Lancs Vyking on 58 to Hadrian Park
Soccerbus on Blaydon Racers 49
Pulse Renown on Blaydon Racers 49 to Gateshead

Other odd working I seen but didn't get photos of were

South Tyne Cadet on M1
Yellow MPD on 56
Lambton Worm on 50
Few late things on VOSA:

PB0003954/468 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hexham Highford Park and Newcastle Eldon Square Bus Station given service number 684 effective from 16-Feb-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0003954/521 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Prudhoe Castle Road and Ovington Village Green given service number 686 effective from 16-Feb-2013. To amend Route.
(19 Feb 2013, 5:58 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]
(19 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm)tom.robinson206 wrote [ -> ]Bit off topic, but will the X40 really need Scania Bendies? I know that's what's happening, but considering the Arriva service is currently using Darts and Solos, will it really be necessary?

I worked up at Great Park for a few weeks on secondment and the service was very unreliable but always packed. Rarely got a seat. Lot of people park in town and commute out and vice versa.

A lot of people get off at Regent Centre to get the Metro too, so the loads you see at Haymarket may not be entirely representative of the true loadings.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12