North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Wonder if the 26 would ever move to the Washington galleries, i think that would be a good link.

Ive heard rumours to but i wont say, i emailed GNE to see if they could send me a leaflet out.
Unlikely that it will go to B&H. I'm on very close terms with a well-established enthusiast who lives down there and 9133's transfer to B&H once finished at GNE has been a topic of conversation now ever since the first week of it being with GNE.
Although he would love for it to happen, he doesn't think that it will happen.

When on my computer again tomorrow (most likely will be during the day if I'm off school again), I'll go through the chatlog on Facebook and find the relevant comments on the Versa. As we don't always discuss bus matters, it may take a while...

Until then, I shall continue being ill in bed.

I did the same Michael - I e-mailed when I mentioned it in reply to Rob whenever that was. No reply yet, but hopefully soon!
I did the same Michael - I e-mailed when I mentioned it in reply to Rob whenever that was. No reply yet, but hopefully soon!

Im also waiting for a email back, looking forward to seen the changes.
(05 Mar 2013, 9:27 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]'Northern' 5165

Looks really smart, wonder when the interior will be refurbished... It's horrid.
(05 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm)W179SCU wrote [ -> ]

Looks really smart, wonder when the interior will be refurbished... It's horrid.

They've been here 2 years and not yet been done, I doubt they'll be done now after this amount of time.
(05 Mar 2013, 9:48 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]
(05 Mar 2013, 9:44 pm)W179SCU wrote [ -> ]

They've been here 2 years and not yet been done, I doubt they'll be done now after this amount of time.

I thought the same... I hate these particular B10BLE's anyway, much prefer the native ones...
Just been on Open Line with Stephen King asking about the plans for 100 years Northern and the New Buses for the Metrolink M1.

Regarding the 100 years of Northern I was told there are various events and celebrations throughout the next few months for the 100 years of "Northern" - events will be posted on the website, and flagged up on Facebook and Twitter. Obviously they don't to give anything away just yet, which is good thing as it builds more excitement for us enthusiasts who are keen to what GNE have planned.

As for the MetroLink M1 there are plans afoot to have newer vehicles, but I must admit plans are not yet set in stone. In my point of view I'd expect there to be various demo buses on the M1 like GNE had on services in Sunderland last year before any new buses are purchased, which I would expect if that is the case been the end of 2013, start of 2014. or a similar timeframe to the arrival of the Geminis for the Angel/TTX/Red Arrows, Looking at from a Logical stand point.
Laser Citaro on 60, just left Parl Lane
For the second day in a row Northern Dennis Dart SLF and Wright Solar were seen on the 50.

8289 on the 50
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
4944 on the 50

5326 Silver Arrows Citaro on the 2C with a new front end in a quite picturesque sort of photo.

(06 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Laser Citaro on 60, just left Parl Lane

I think there will be citaros on the Drifter replacing the Versas in the future, as it seems like an often occurrence that a citaro would be on that service, note it would of been on the 38 also today as it interworks
(06 Mar 2013, 4:28 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]For the second day in a row Northern Dennis Dart SLF and Wright Solar were seen on the 50.

8289 on the 50
4944 on the 50

5326 Silver Arrows Citaro on the 2C with a new front end in a quite picturesque sort of photo.

(06 Mar 2013, 4:08 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Laser Citaro on 60, just left Parl Lane

I think there will be citaros on the Drifter replacing the Versas in the future, as it seems like an often occurrence that a citaro would be on that service, note it would of been on the 38 also today as it interworks

The 38 and 61 interwork, not the 38 and 60.

It's not that often an occurrence either. The last time it happened regularly was to cover for Versas that were receiving maintenance work. At the time also, Citaros were being drifted over from other depots too if I remember rightly, and they were slowly being rebranded as "Silver Arrows". That's why most of the photos on Flickr (if not all) are of Silver Arrows Citaros rather than Laser.

I also see no reason why the Drifter Versas would need to be replaced by Citaros. They cope well on the service and there aren't any major reliability issues that need to be addressed.
I couldn't remember whether it was the 60 or the 61 that interworked with the 38, did you get a photo of it Daniel and I apologize about Tom, feel free to comment back on the photo.
(06 Mar 2013, 5:31 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I couldn't remember whether it was the 60 or the 61 that interworked with the 38, did you get a photo of it Daniel and I apologize about Tom, feel free to comment back on the photo.

I didn't - didn't have my camera with me and even if I had, I was with friends at the time of spotting it.
I haven't gone out to get it (despite it being an ultra rare working) because I'm that ill. Managed my first full day in school today and feel worse because of that!
ohhh well someone would of got a photo today more than likely.

Note regarding previous post regarding new buses, according to Adrian Hedley - Not sure how reliable this information is but according to him the Washington Street Shuttle is to get new buses along the Metrolink M1 before the end of the year.

Now personally as much as i'd like this to happen with the WSS on the M2/M3 which one of my local services through Lambton. I certainly don't see it happening before the end of 2013, I think 2014 would be more realistic. Plus the WSS Mpd's are working perfectly and have done since 2002/3 when first bought by GNE.
(06 Mar 2013, 6:05 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]ohhh well someone would of got a photo today more than likely.

Note regarding previous post regarding new buses, according to Adrian Hedley - Not sure how reliable this information is but according to him the Washington Street Shuttle is to get new buses along the Metrolink M1 before the end of the year.

Now personally as much as i'd like this to happen with the WSS on the M2/M3 which one of my local services through Lambton. I certainly don't see it happening before the end of 2013, I think 2014 would be more realistic. Plus the WSS Mpd's are working perfectly and have done since 2002/3 when first bought by GNE.

I liked the quote about the M1 getting 'newer' vehicles. In days gone by, the 194/M1 always got the newest vehicles in the fleet. Until the Leyland Lynx's were dispatched and replaced with a load of re-engined nationals...
It will be interesting to see if 'newer' means cascaded from somewhere else or brand new. It is obviously safe, but one of the branded M1 vehicles sounds as though a rear wheel or axle is going to come crashing to the ground when you ride on it. It has been like that for years.

The street shuttles are a similar age to the M1 vehicles, so it would make sense for those to be sent to a low cost unit like Consett or Peterlee to replace the older vehicles there.
(06 Mar 2013, 2:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Just been on Open Line with Stephen King asking about the plans for 100 years Northern and the New Buses for the Metrolink M1.

Regarding the 100 years of Northern I was told there are various events and celebrations throughout the next few months for the 100 years of "Northern" - events will be posted on the website, and flagged up on Facebook and Twitter. Obviously they don't to give anything away just yet, which is good thing as it builds more excitement for us enthusiasts who are keen to what GNE have planned.

As for the MetroLink M1 there are plans afoot to have newer vehicles, but I must admit plans are not yet set in stone. In my point of view I'd expect there to be various demo buses on the M1 like GNE had on services in Sunderland last year before any new buses are purchased, which I would expect if that is the case been the end of 2013, start of 2014. or a similar timeframe to the arrival of the Geminis for the Angel/TTX/Red Arrows, Looking at from a Logical stand point.

I understand it's currently planned that the M1 will receive NEW buses later in 2013 - I believe a decision has already been taken on the type of vehicle to be ordered.

NEB Admin Team

(05 Mar 2013, 9:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I did the same Michael - I e-mailed when I mentioned it in reply to Rob whenever that was. No reply yet, but hopefully soon!

Im also waiting for a email back, looking forward to seen the changes.

Just seen a couple of posts on Facebook today - GNE have said that leaflet drops are starting tomorrow (Thursday), and if you haven't recieved one by the weekend then get in touch. Fingers crossed I'll have one to scan in to this page tomorrow evening when I get back home Wink

I'd hazard a guess at service changes being end of May, which would put it right for 8 weeks VOSA notification by the end of this month. I'm sure it was mentioned before that a review of X3 was to be held for any planned changes in May. Still, I should have a few months use out of any proposed changes before I move away Smile

Lynn Maddison
Can you tell me where I can access the survey for proposed consultaions on the sunderland north buses 26, 26a,99 - Ive seen a poster on one of the buses but can't find the info anywhere ...thanks
Like · · 6 hours ago
Lee Richardson likes this.

Go North East Hi Lynn - my understanding is that door to door drops will be starting tomorrow for those in the affected area. If you don't receive anything by the weekend I would advise contacting us at customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
6 hours ago · Like

Lynn Maddison Its more for the businesses on the enterprise park as these are the only buses servicing the whole of the enterprise park and obviously these people like myself dont live in the area
6 hours ago · Like

--

Wendy Skinner
Just seen a notice on the bus about consultation I use the 26 36 and the 99 so I wild like to put forward my views but unlike the notice says even tho I live in the areas served I haven't had a survey delivered and there were not any on the buses today, I wild like to know what u are proposing to change.
Like · · Yesterday at 15:52
2 people like this.

Go North East Hi Wendy - it's my understanding that they'll be delivered on Thursday. If you haven't received anything by the weekend please e-mail us at customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk and we should be able to assist you further.
Yesterday at 16:04 · Like

Samantha Childs Hi gne bod, do you know what areas will be getting the consultation forms just no one in our area wer consulted when the 36 was re routed last time and we would also like a say on the 36 + 99
Yesterday at 16:11 via mobile · Like · 1

Ian Hignett e-mail as above.
Yesterday at 17:22 · Like
Go North East Replied to me today and said they sent me a leaflet out for the consultation.
I've been thinking about Problematic GNE Services, well mainly bus problems notably on the Waggonway/WheyAye50 and 54reg Citylink Bendies. Now we know GNE are getting 80 new buses at somepoint this year. Currently GNE have a major shortage of buses so i've came up with a temporary solution until GNE get the New Buses, and that is to get some buses on hire from somewhere like what they did before they got the QUAYLINK Versas in 2010. Obviously there would be a cost. But I think it would be worth it for the short term.
Gne aren't going to run out of buses, the problem,are only small temporary problems and easily dealt with, there's not really a need for them to loan any vehicles and if they were desperate to loan they would loan from another go ahead company but that would only be in extreme consequences!! To sum up gne is fine and is coping alright!!!

Plus there's still bendys waiting to,come up,here so if any of the 58 ones are properly knackered then they will just exchange them because they can't have them till the new depot is made to create space for them
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23