North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Fleet Allocation from 1st September:
- 0220: Durham > Returned to Yorkshire
- 1209: Ashington > Sold (Sold to Listers PSV, Bolton)
- 1213: Ashington > Sold (Sold to Listers PSV, Bolton)
- 1712: Reserve > Blyth (Not Shown on Movements)
- 1753: Awaiting Disposal > Stockton (Not Shown on Movements)
- 4001: Awaiting Disposal > Stockton (Not Shown on Movements)
- 4062: Awaiting Disposal > Stockton (Not Shown on Movements)
- 4501: Ashington > Ashington (NOT MOVED TO STOCKTON)
- 4513: Ashington > Ashington (NOT MOVED TO STOCKTON)
- 4515: Jesmond > Ashington (PVR Increase)
- 4714: Awaiting Disposal > Sold for Scrap (Not Shown on Movements)
- 7480: Durham > Jesmond (PVR Transfer)
- 7483: Awaiting Disposal > Ashington (Not Shown on Movements)
- 7491: Ashington > Reserve (Not Shown on Movements)
- 7615: Bus & Coach World > Blyth (MAX Refurbish - Completed)
- 7616: Bus & Coach World > Blyth (MAX Refurbish - Completed)
- 7617: Blyth > Bus & Coach World (Max Livery/Refurbishment)
- 7621: Blyth > Bus & Coach World (Max Livery/Refurbishment)

With thanks to Richard Smiles for the information.

Scott will update NEB's fleet list as/when movements occur.
(21 Aug 2014, 7:08 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Fleet Allocation from 1st September:
- 0220: Durham > Returned to Yorkshire
- 1209: Ashington > Sold (Sold to Listers PSV, Bolton)
- 1213: Ashington > Sold (Sold to Listers PSV, Bolton)

- 1712: Reserve > Blyth (Not Shown on Movements)
- 1753: Awaiting Disposal > Stockton (Not Shown on Movements)
- 4001: Awaiting Disposal > Stockton (Not Shown on Movements)
- 4062: Awaiting Disposal > Stockton (Not Shown on Movements)
- 4501: Ashington > Ashington (NOT MOVED TO STOCKTON)
- 4513: Ashington > Ashington (NOT MOVED TO STOCKTON)
- 4515: Jesmond > Ashington (PVR Increase)
- 4714: Awaiting Disposal > Sold for Scrap (Not Shown on Movements)
- 7480: Durham > Jesmond (PVR Transfer)
- 7483: Awaiting Disposal > Ashington (Not Shown on Movements)
- 7491: Ashington > Reserve (Not Shown on Movements)
- 7615: Bus & Coach World > Blyth (MAX Refurbish - Completed)
- 7616: Bus & Coach World > Blyth (MAX Refurbish - Completed)
- 7617: Blyth > Bus & Coach World (Max Livery/Refurbishment)

With thanks to Richard Smiles for the information.

Scott will update NEB's fleet list as/when movements occur.

The photos below show these vehicles with Jim Hughes, Birtley:
https://flic.kr/p/oydJsR
https://flic.kr/p/oQGNyH
(21 Aug 2014, 7:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The photos below show these vehicles with Jim Hughes, Birtley:
https://flic.kr/p/oydJsR
https://flic.kr/p/oQGNyH
Does this make 1207 and 1214 the only coaches left now? If so any idea what's happening with them?
Does Stockton's "Not in Service" display read "Not In Service www.arrivabus.co.uk" just because 4513 was at Ashington depot with that display.[Image: 14810533449]
Which depot does service 44 to Morpeth
(22 Aug 2014, 9:58 am)jaimz13 wrote [ -> ]Which depot does service 44 to Morpeth

Jesmond.
(22 Aug 2014, 10:07 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Jesmond.

Ah thank you when did Ashington stop doing it
(22 Aug 2014, 10:38 am)jaimz13 wrote [ -> ]Ah thank you when did Ashington stop doing it

Quite a while a go.
Sat behind 7620 (Not In Service) on the A1 going south, this had been on since at least the Seaton Burn roundabout junction, thought this was allocated to Durham, any idea where it's been?
Edit: A Pulsar, can't see which one, is in front of it also
(22 Aug 2014, 10:39 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Quite a while a go.

December 2013.
(22 Aug 2014, 12:01 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Sat behind 7620 (Not In Service) on the A1 going south, this had been on since at least the Seaton Burn roundabout junction, thought this was allocated to Durham, any idea where it's been?
Edit: A Pulsar, can't see which one, is in front of it also

Thorntons, possibly.
Edit: Talking of Thorntons, 1512 is up there for it's refurbishment, 1456 and 1440 have also visited but unsure what is still there and what has come back. Will try and firm up details soon! Streetlites should all be branded in time for their launch dates in September.
I've noticed that the passenger numbers on Sapphire 7 are busy, especially at peak times and is often at almost full capacity to/from Darlington and Durham at college times and even in the middle of the afternoon it can be carrying standees' does the X21/X22 ever get busy because everytime I've seen it its had a few on downstairs and about 4 people upstairs yet on the 7 we are having to stand at various points in the day on a single decker yet the X21/X22 gets double deckers and carries fresh air.
(22 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I've noticed that the passenger numbers on Sapphire 7 are busy, especially at peak times and is often at almost full capacity to/from Darlington and Durham at college times and even in the middle of the afternoon it can be carrying standees' does the X21/X22 ever get busy because everytime I've seen it its had a few on downstairs and about 4 people upstairs yet on the 7 we are having to stand at various points in the day on a single decker yet the X21/X22 gets double deckers and carries fresh air.

Yes watch the peak time ones leave Newcastle, full seated load down and upstairs. The 7 I am told is on the list for improvements. I wondered if we could have had the two E400s that came spare from Shires but it appears they've gone to Gillingham for their Sapphire run.
(22 Aug 2014, 8:24 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I've noticed that the passenger numbers on Sapphire 7 are busy, especially at peak times and is often at almost full capacity to/from Darlington and Durham at college times and even in the middle of the afternoon it can be carrying standees' does the X21/X22 ever get busy because everytime I've seen it its had a few on downstairs and about 4 people upstairs yet on the 7 we are having to stand at various points in the day on a single decker yet the X21/X22 gets double deckers and carries fresh air.
You've kind of gotta bear in mind with X21/22 that half the day people will only be going, mainly, one way and the other half people will be returning back from Newcastle so in the morning buses from Newcastle will be virtually empty however buses there will be packed
(22 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yes watch the peak time ones leave Newcastle, full seated load down and upstairs. The 7 I am told is on the list for improvements. I wondered if we could have had the two E400s that came spare from Shires but it appears they've gone to Gillingham for their Sapphire run.

I agree - the X21/X22 is busy off-peak too.
(22 Aug 2014, 8:27 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yes watch the peak time ones leave Newcastle, full seated load down and upstairs. The 7 I am told is on the list for improvements. I wondered if we could have had the two E400s that came spare from Shires but it appears they've gone to Gillingham for their Sapphire run.

It would be brilliant if the 7 had double deckers at peak times one could go to Framwellgate Moor for New College students and the other could go to Darlington and possibly extend to Darlington College.

I think possibly upgrading the frequency to every 12 minutes would work only issue being more buses would be required and the 5/5A, 8 and 21 timetables would have to be altered too.

I also wish the 7 ran every 30 minutes on Sundays again.
(22 Aug 2014, 8:37 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I agree - the X21/X22 is busy off-peak too.

Hard to tell when they're running around in pairs.

(22 Aug 2014, 8:38 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]It would be brilliant if the 7 had double deckers at peak times one could go to Framwellgate Moor for New College students and the other could go to Darlington and possibly extend to Darlington College.

I think possibly upgrading the frequency to every 12 minutes would work only issue being more buses would be required and the 5/5A, 8 and 21 timetables would have to be altered too.

I also wish the 7 ran every 30 minutes on Sundays again.

Certainly would be interesting to see double decks operating on service 7...
(22 Aug 2014, 8:50 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Certainly would be interesting to see double decks operating on service 7...

Used to love it when double deckers would appear on the peak time runs to New College on a morning usually 7363/7365 with the 7A running 8 minutes behind it, then they had to ruin it by extending the 7A to Brasside and Darlington banned double deckers for fear drivers would confuse the 7 with the 7A and we were left with nasty old Darts and Prestiges which would often not turn up and one term it never turned up every Tuesday for a whole term, then we were left with only two journeys in each direction to Framwellgate Moor and everyone would pile on the same bus and the X reg Darts became a liability with there poor reliability and after a month that turn ended up being operated by a Pulsar possibly due to reliability and passenger numbers.
I went out the other week with the family, got a family day ticket, got on the 21 from Peterlee to Darlington, I was so bored sitting on the Solo for an hour and a half, im sure the 21 is longer from Peterlee to Darlington than the old 213?, it was a good job that when the 21 reached the 7 route to Darlington it was behind the 7 otherwise the solo would of been packed. The 7's that I saw were pretty packed with standees, I always thought that the 7 was double deckers, did their change them when the service went to every 15 minutes?. Their could do with the 7 as double deckers again, their could of extended 2 of the 7's from Durham to Sunderland and give GNE run of their money via Rainton Bridge and Doxford International to Sunderland.

While I eventually arrived into Darlington, their changed the layout in Darlington (Is their any places in Darlington or Bishop Auckland to get timetables from?). After Darlington I decided to go to Bishop Auckland, I jumped on the X1 and throughout the trip to Bishop, their was only about 8 passengers in total and this was just after dinnertime, is the X1 still profitable since OK1 left the scene?, From Bishop jumped on the 6 to Durham then onto 24 then 22. So I was on one solo and the rest of the day was pulsars.

When the streetlites arrive for service 23 will their be branded for the service, as I can see these streetlites being on other services in durham after a few weeks after been arrived, their should brand some of the pulsars and the streetlites in a dedicated brand ie (East Durham Links) or some other similar brand.

Im surprised that Arriva hasn't sorted out the issue of driver changovers for service 23 at Sunderland Interchange, having seen plenty of times that service 23 and service 24 leaving the interchange the same time as the relief driver turned up late coming from Durham in a van etc... Their could of extended a hourly service 23 from Sunderland to Durham via Doxford International and Rainton Bridge, this would probably save passengers money having to buy a Arriva weekly or monthly ticket and then having to purchase the GNE tickets for onward travel to Rainton and Doxford. and also save fuel driving the vans etc... to Sunderland for the changeover.
(23 Aug 2014, 8:24 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I went out the other week with the family, got a family day ticket, got on the 21 from Peterlee to Darlington, I was so bored sitting on the Solo for an hour and a half, im sure the 21 is longer from Peterlee to Darlington than the old 213?, it was a good job that when the 21 reached the 7 route to Darlington it was behind the 7 otherwise the solo would of been packed. The 7's that I saw were pretty packed with standees, I always thought that the 7 was double deckers, did their change them when the service went to every 15 minutes?. Their could do with the 7 as double deckers again, their could of extended 2 of the 7's from Durham to Sunderland and give GNE run of their money via Rainton Bridge and Doxford International to Sunderland.

While I eventually arrived into Darlington, their changed the layout in Darlington (Is their any places in Darlington or Bishop Auckland to get timetables from?). After Darlington I decided to go to Bishop Auckland, I jumped on the X1 and throughout the trip to Bishop, their was only about 8 passengers in total and this was just after dinnertime, is the X1 still profitable since OK1 left the scene?, From Bishop jumped on the 6 to Durham then onto 24 then 22. So I was on one solo and the rest of the day was pulsars.

When the streetlites arrive for service 23 will their be branded for the service, as I can see these streetlites being on other services in durham after a few weeks after been arrived, their should brand some of the pulsars and the streetlites in a dedicated brand ie (East Durham Links) or some other similar brand.

Im surprised that Arriva hasn't sorted out the issue of driver changovers for service 23 at Sunderland Interchange, having seen plenty of times that service 23 and service 24 leaving the interchange the same time as the relief driver turned up late coming from Durham in a van etc... Their could of extended a hourly service 23 from Sunderland to Durham via Doxford International and Rainton Bridge, this would probably save passengers money having to buy a Arriva weekly or monthly ticket and then having to purchase the GNE tickets for onward travel to Rainton and Doxford. and also save fuel driving the vans etc... to Sunderland for the changeover.

The 7 became single decker operated when it ran every 15 minutes as the 713/723 although double deckers still appeared until August 2011 when double deckers were banned from the 7/7A when the 7A was extended to Brasside.

The X1 is very busy especially as the 1 no longer runs to Crook anymore.

You get timetables from the Dolphin Centre in Darlington and I think the library has some too.

Can't remember how long the 213 used to take but I remember it used to go via Woodham.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33