North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Roadworks at Harrowgate Hill Roundabout must be bad today as three Sapphire Pulsars pulled into Durham Bus Station at once.
Personally I think arriva should try and get some more mini pointer because the 57 to whitley bay will be a little short off them due to the pointers going on to 35
(04 Aug 2014, 4:18 pm)Philly rf wrote [ -> ]Personally I think arriva should try and get some more mini pointer because the 57 to whitley bay will be a little short off them due to the pointers going on to 35

They shouldn't be on the 35 - 35s should be entirely decker-operated until the Streetlites enter service
B10BLE 4508 entered service at Stockton today on service 27.
What is Arriva child fare in durham county?
Was asked this question by a friend but i don't really know!
Is it under 5 free,5 to 16 half fare....
(05 Aug 2014, 5:05 pm)buznut wrote [ -> ]What is Arriva child fare in durham county?
Was asked this question by a friend but i don't really know!
Is it under 5 free,5 to 16 half fare....

5 to 14 are half fare. 15 and above, full fare.
I just received a teen card for my daughter who is aged 8, as half fare can cost a lot, with this teen card if the half fare is over £1 then if she shows the card then she only pays flat fare of a pound. but cant used the teen card on the X24 Durham-metrocentre but can be used on the X2 Durham to Newcastle.
Teen Card Application
Send these together with a £5 cheque or postal order payable to Arriva North East

What happens if I lose my card?
Unfortunately, you will have to pay a further £10 if you lose your card and need a replacement.

Seems excessive.

Then there's:-
And when can I use it?
You can use your Teen Card after 6pm on Monday to Friday, at any time on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. You will also be able to use your card after 9am during most school holidays.
(05 Aug 2014, 7:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]From:- http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/teencard/

Seems excessive.

But by the savings that the teencard will make from pound a journey to compare to roughly 2 or 3 quid pound per journey from half adult fare. as theres no child half fare return journeys.
(05 Aug 2014, 7:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]From:- http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/teencard/

Seems excessive.

Then there's:-

the children be in school during the day so their cant use it anway, it comes in useful during holiday time especially the 6 week holiday. In the long run its worth it.
(05 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]But by the savings that the teencard will make from pound a journey to compare to roughly 2 or 3 quid pound per journey from half adult fare. as theres no child half fare return journeys.

There is half returns available on all routes as far as I know? But I agree a teen card is well worth the money, as it's often well over a £1 for a half single on longer routes, especially in County Durham!
(05 Aug 2014, 7:48 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]There is half returns available on all routes as far as I know? But I agree a teen card is well worth the money, as it's often well over a £1 for a half single on longer routes, especially in County Durham!

Aye they are. It'll be handy in Northumberland too! Fares like £2.50 Morpeth to Regent Centre.
(05 Aug 2014, 7:48 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]There is half returns available on all routes as far as I know? But I agree a teen card is well worth the money, as it's often well over a £1 for a half single on longer routes, especially in County Durham!
Used mine from Newcastle to Berwick back when it was 90p, incredible value Big Grin
Saw the 52 today - was quite busy. Seems passenger numbers have increased all of a sudden!

The 46 was empty heading to the General Hospital.
My dad said he stood nearly an hour waiting for the 7 this afternoon - he got to the stop at 13:25 and a service 7 didn't show up until 14:05 and the driver drove straight past with about 3 people on board and the next one didn't emerge until 14:15 and he could only just could get on as there was almost no room to stand. I know the 7 is heavily delayed but you should still not be driving past people especially when the next bus is 10 minutes behind.

This happened to me once too and the bus behind started to have problems with the ticket machine which made me even later.
When that happens it's usually something to do with what the traffic controller says, if it's been rang in that he was xx mins late it usually happens to be that the first bus is not in service and dropping people off only then once he's empty it will go light to pick some of its time up
(06 Aug 2014, 10:10 am)Stuart Phin wrote [ -> ]When that happens it's usually something to do with what the traffic controller says, if it's been rang in that he was xx mins late it usually happens to be that the first bus is not in service and dropping people off only then once he's empty it will go light to pick some of its time up

I would have thought the Controller using the AVL system they have would have checked to see how the service 7 behind was operating before he regulated it?
7509 replaced 7519 on the X22 today (around 4pm) and I saw no other non-Sapphire E400's on the routes, (I saw 14 of the 15 allocated) so maybe Ashington are getting somewhere, hopefully...
(06 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]7509 replaced 7519 on the X22 today (around 4pm) and I saw no other non-Sapphire E400's on the routes, (I saw 13 of the 14 allocated) so maybe Ashington are getting somewhere, hopefully...

There should be 15 allocated to it, with one spare bus (total 16)
(06 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]There should be 15 allocated to it, with one spare bus (total 16)
Sorry miscounted my list Smile also didn't see any Spectras in Ashington yard earlier have these already been taken away?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33