North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - July 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(25 Jul 2014, 4:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yeah they are, while the Tridents and T-FGNS DAFs aren't - which explains why they're staying for this year... They will probably go next year depending on cascades from London or new orders.

Why don't they refurbish them?
(25 Jul 2014, 6:00 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Where can non-DDA vehicles continue to be used?

School contracts and City sightseeing tours?

When (if ever) will they be totally outlawed in Britain - and where will they be expected to go then?

Malta? Big Grin

Bloody farce.
(26 Jul 2014, 1:08 pm)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Why don't they refurbish them?

Why would they refurbish vehicles if they're due to go next year?
(25 Jul 2014, 6:00 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Where can non-DDA vehicles continue to be used?

School contracts and City sightseeing tours?

When (if ever) will they be totally outlawed in Britain - and where will they be expected to go then?

Malta? Big Grin

[SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES] p
(26 Jul 2014, 1:10 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Why would they refurbish vehicles if they're due to go next year?

Well it they refurbished them they obviously wouldn't need to get rid of them!
(26 Jul 2014, 1:33 pm)Roland Pratt wrote [ -> ]Well it they refurbished them they obviously wouldn't need to get rid of them!

Arriva would have planned when the vehicles were purchased to sell them by a certain year - enough time for the company to pay for the vehicles and make a profit from them, and then sell them on to obtain the maximum amount of revenue to pay towards new vehicles.

They'll be bringing the average fleet age down, and the vehicles, due to their age, may not be as reliable as they once were.
(26 Jul 2014, 1:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Arriva would have planned when the vehicles were purchased to sell them by a certain year - enough time for the company to pay for the vehicles and make a profit from them, and then sell them on to obtain the maximum amount of revenue to pay towards new vehicles.

They'll be bringing the average fleet age down, and the vehicles, due to their age, may not be as reliable as they once were.

Some of Durham's Lowlanders are terrible for reliability, everytime I see 7444 in Durham its being pulled off a service because there is something wrong with it and then you don't see it for ages at times. I once noticed 7441 upstairs interior lights flickering on and off then a few months later I saw it and the upstairs lights weren't on at all so it was pitch black at night upstairs. 7443 also recently broke down on the roundabout outside New College.
7437 was on a contract wedding service today
(26 Jul 2014, 2:12 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Some of Durham's Lowlanders are terrible for reliability, everytime I see 7444 in Durham its being pulled off a service because there is something wrong with it and then you don't see it for ages at times. I once noticed 7441 upstairs interior lights flickering on and off then a few months later I saw it and the upstairs lights weren't on at all so it was pitch black at night upstairs. 7443 also recently broke down on the roundabout outside New College.

See how they cope when they've got the full lot then...
4667 was on pulled into Eldon Square with 54 Whitley Bay on the destination boards
Does anyone know when ashingtons 3 streetlites are being delivered
Does anyone know if 7482 will be coming back into service or not
(27 Jul 2014, 11:39 am)Philly rf wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know if 7482 will be coming back into service or not
Probably not no, with the Sapphire E400's entering service this week there will be no need for it and it won't be worth repairing it
(27 Jul 2014, 12:14 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]Probably not no, with the Sapphire E400's entering service this week there will be no need for it and it won't be worth repairing it

Thanks for letting me know
(26 Jul 2014, 8:35 pm)Andy wrote [ -> ]4667 was on pulled into Eldon Square with 54 Whitley Bay on the destination boards

4667?!
Repainted Dart (1611 I think) on the 1/5A.
(28 Jul 2014, 9:20 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Repainted Dart (1611 I think) on the 1/5A.

Meanwhile, Durham has 1310 on the 6.
I woundering if ashington will get any solos with the cascades
1499 on 554
2845 on 553
7467 on 306
220 on 56/57/57a/86
221 on 64
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11