North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: 2015/16 Financial Year Order Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(04 Jul 2015, 6:48 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Don't suppose you know the allocated fleet numbers, do you? Tongue

The Streetdeck is 9119, it was allocated that number months ago when it first came across from Wrights, the Enviro if I remember is 9109.
(04 Jul 2015, 6:50 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The Streetdeck is 9119, it was allocated that number months ago when it first came across from Wrights, the Enviro if I remember is 9109.

And while we are at it, probably worth mentioning that the ADL Enviro400MMC is registered as YY64GWX:

https://flic.kr/p/rdNxe4
(04 Jul 2015, 6:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]And while we are at it, probably worth mentioning that the ADL Enviro400MMC is registered as YY64GWX:

https://flic.kr/p/rdNxe4

Looks very smart, looking forward to seeing it in action.
(04 Jul 2015, 6:59 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]Looks very smart, looking forward to seeing it in action.

I believe it's the same vehicle which visited Riverside briefly last year on a UK tour (on trade plates - later registered, hence '64 plate).

[Image: 14211428687_7bbc3eefed.jpg]Go North East: "The all-new Enviro 400 visits Riverside!" by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 14375896386_eba90d3aa8.jpg]Go North East: "The all-new Enviro 400 visits Riverside!" by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

[Image: 14212368109_88f45f06f5.jpg]Go North East: "The all-new Enviro 400 visits Riverside!" by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
I think it is too Dan. First thing i thought of when i first saw it whwn it was with its first operator for demonstration.
(04 Jul 2015, 6:45 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]Streetdeck is here for 2 months (probably will end up at Percy Main for the second month to compare it to 6104), while the E400 is here for 2 weeks.

Or even Riverside / Hexham to compare it to the B9TLs on the TEN and the challenging Tyne Valley roads.
The Wright Streetdeck will not be bought for the X21 for 2 things, Hills and speed. Its engine is the same in new Solos and heavenly underpowered as demonstrated in this video of Brighton's new Streetdecks, fast forward to around 2:45 to see the hill climbing....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2I9enq7q6A
In my opinion I don't think the Volvo B5TL had a fair trial because it was set up for city streets not the X21 and Toon links and very rural very hilly nature of the north easts roads. My trust would be in Volvo with its heavy duty, lightweight B5TL. I would bet that if GNE got a B5 set up for rural routes, it would definitely impress.
It doesn't have to be on a Wright body but is available on the E400MMC body and MCVs new EvoSeti body which is entering service with EYMS.
(04 Jul 2015, 8:16 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]The Wright Streetdeck will not be bought for the X21 for 2 things, Hills and speed. Its engine is the same in new Solos and heavenly underpowered as demonstrated in this video of Brighton's new Streetdecks, fast forward to around 2:45 to see the hill climbing....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2I9enq7q6A
In my opinion I don't think the Volvo B5TL had a fair trial because it was set up for city streets not the X21 and Toon links and very rural very hilly nature of the north easts roads.  My trust would be in Volvo with its heavy duty, lightweight B5TL. I would bet that if GNE got a B5 set up for rural routes, it would definitely impress.
It doesn't have to be on a Wright body but is available on the E400MMC body and MCVs new EvoSeti body which is entering service with EYMS.

I'd imagine they're keeping their options open with that one, otherwise they wouldn't be bothering allocating it to Crook for a period of time. It's been mentioned on here time and time again about the way buses are configured for the work they're doing, and I'm sure the same principals will be applied for an X21 demonstration.
Wonder whether or not with the Stretdeck being silver and being in Go North East moquette, GNE are going to keep it or buy it.

Just on the off chance, is the E400MMC due to be trialed at any other depots?
(05 Jul 2015, 9:22 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Wonder whether or not with the Stretdeck being silver and being in Go North East moquette, GNE are going to keep it or buy it.

If it's only there for two weeks I very much doubt it
(05 Jul 2015, 9:22 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Wonder whether or not with the Stretdeck being silver and being in Go North East moquette, GNE are going to keep it or buy it.

Would of liked to see the E400MMC trialed at Deptford depot for service 20.
(05 Jul 2015, 9:33 am)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]If it's only there for two weeks I very much doubt it

The Enviro400MMC will only be with Go Northeast for 2 weeks.... 

It will be only at Crook for the X21.... no plans to trial it elsewhere.

The StreetDecker will be at Crook for a month then move to another depot for a month
(05 Jul 2015, 4:31 pm)pdiddy wrote [ -> ]The Enviro400MMC will only be with Go Northeast for 2 weeks.... 

It will be only at Crook for the X21.... no plans to trial it elsewhere.

The StreetDecker will be at Crook for a month then move to another depot for a month

citaro5284 stated this here.
(04 Jul 2015, 6:38 pm)RGR756V wrote [ -> ]I'll bet they got those B9s at a good price...

Anyway, the Streetdeck arrives at Crook on Tuesday and we'll be looking to get that out on service as soon as possible. On paper, the E400 sounds the better option as it has the bigger engine but the proof is in the pudding, and that is scheduled to arrive on the 14th of this month

The Streetdeck did not arrive at GNE today as intended, so it will not be at Crook tomorrow.
(06 Jul 2015, 6:55 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]The Streetdeck did not arrive at GNE today as intended, so it will not be at Crook tomorrow.

A fellow bus enthusiast (who will remain nameless) told me it arrived yesterday.
(06 Jul 2015, 6:57 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]A fellow bus enthusiast (who will remain nameless) told me it arrived yesterday.

He was clearly wrong then, wasn't he..?!
(06 Jul 2015, 6:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]He was clearly wrong then, wasn't he..?!

Yep!
(06 Jul 2015, 6:57 pm)Davie wrote [ -> ]A fellow bus enthusiast (who will remain nameless) told me it arrived yesterday.

Can't help but question said source's information.
Just been reading the R&O working thread and I can pretty much say that any new deckers which come will be Washington's. It would make far more sense for many reasons and many changes have been introduced not only on the X1, but also around the whole GNE Network (Angel PVR 17, TEN PVR 14, introduction of deckers on the 47). Absolutely nout wrong with the B9s but would make far more sense to deliver many benefits across the network, rather than just the Pronto alone whilst offering a more up to date level of service on the Red Arrows (e-leather, plug sockets, updated NSA's, 2x spare vehicles). The same happened with the Drifter and Saltwell Park service(s).
(12 Jul 2015, 12:14 am)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]Just been reading the R&O working thread and I can pretty much say that any new deckers which come will be Washington's. It would make far more sense for many reasons and many changes have been introduced not only on the X1, but also around the whole GNE Network (Angel PVR 17, TEN PVR 14, introduction of deckers on the 47). Absolutely nout wrong with the B9s but would make far more sense to deliver many benefits across the network, rather than just the Pronto alone whilst offering a more up to date level of service on the Red Arrows (e-leather, plug sockets, updated NSA's, 2x spare vehicles). The same happened with the Drifter and Saltwell Park service(s).

Do you fancy a £10 bet that you are incorrect?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36