North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
There's some rumours flying about that x34 in South Shields could be first in North East to move to gold standard with second hand e400s from Oxfordshire. Is there any substance to this?

Kind regards

Chris
Next time we should be getting second hand Enviro 400s at stagecoach on Teesside inside of Dennis trident want we got in the first place it should have been Enviro 400 that we gotin first place that I think not Dennis trident.
I think there's potential for it being a gold service though my suggestion is get scania E400s in gold spec, Make it run later than the last departure from pilgrim street which I think is around 9pm, maybe last service 11:30 pm to Horsley hill ...... maybe run it into Eldon square instead of pilgrim street but yeah, it would be good if it happened
Believe it's 6 in total, so maybe a pvr increase with an increased service. All speculation at the moment of course but we will have to wait and see

Kind regards
(05 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I think there's potential for it being a gold service though my suggestion is get scania E400s in gold spec, Make it run later than the last departure from pilgrim street which I think is around 9pm, maybe last service 11:30 pm to Horsley hill ...... maybe run it into Eldon square instead of pilgrim street but yeah, it would be good if it happened

That's what's supposedly transferring Scania e400s in gold spec from Oxford 15xxx
(05 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]I think there's potential for it being a gold service though my suggestion is get scania E400s in gold spec, Make it run later than the last departure from pilgrim street which I think is around 9pm, maybe last service 11:30 pm to Horsley hill ...... maybe run it into Eldon square instead of pilgrim street but yeah, it would be good if it happened

As much as I would love to see this happen I don't know if the demand is there as it stands, however it's not been done before so it's hard to say...what would the passenger numbers need to be like to make a profit? 
I cant seen stagecoach on teesside getting enviro 400 but it like there will get more Dennis tridant I think.
Green Week
Take a look at @StagecoachNE's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...48865?s=09

Scania 28008 has an image of a kettle behind the driver's cab.
Oh dear!
[attachment=6783]

After this photo was taken it was taken out of service although with a dent that looks as bad as this, I think it should have been taken out of service before this.
(05 Jun 2015, 10:47 pm)Busman69 wrote [ -> ]As much as I would love to see this happen I don't know if the demand is there as it stands, however it's not been done before so it's hard to say...what would the passenger numbers need to be like to make a profit? 

Im not so sure but im sure the x34 makes a profit, more than half of the bus coming or going from Newcastle pays something then the rest is pensioners

the late evening journeys would make a profit because people are coming from nights out, work and late night shopping, so each service should make a bit of a profit.

(06 Jun 2015, 9:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Oh dear!

After this photo was taken it was taken out of service although with a dent that looks as bad as this, I think it should have been taken out of service before this.

May well have just happened though. Not sure I would have driven it with that damage mind
(06 Jun 2015, 9:24 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]May well have just happened though. Not sure I would have driven it with that damage mind

Especially turning left here where people are often at least part in the road so this could have resulted in serious injuries to pedestrians.

No idea when this happened but I think the first opportunity he could have stopped that's what should have been done.
Has anyone noticed when theve been to south shields that MAN 14.240 39704 changes gear really early compared to other examples? does anyone know why?
its been like this for ages now.
(06 Jun 2015, 9:59 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Has anyone noticed when theve been to south shields that MAN 14.240 39704 changes gear really early compared to other examples? does anyone know why?
its been like this for ages now.
might be because its a lightweight vehicle but its probs one of the odd batch are like that
(06 Jun 2015, 9:23 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Im not so sure but im sure the x34 makes a profit, more than half of the bus coming or going from Newcastle pays something then the rest is pensioners

the late evening journeys would make a profit because people are coming from nights out, work and late night shopping, so each service should make a bit of a profit.

Hmm, you make a good point. But what about the 8:30 journey? As much as that seems like a good service it's not exactly crowded, so unless they used a smaller bus it's a risk nonetheless, then again this service would take customers away from the metro 
(07 Jun 2015, 12:10 am)Busman69 wrote [ -> ]Hmm, you make a good point. But what about the 8:30 journey? As much as that seems like a good service it's not exactly crowded, so unless they used a smaller bus it's a risk nonetheless, then again this service would take customers away from the metro 
The whole idea of this service is to Enable those a passengers of south shields and boldon who do not have easy access to a metro station To Enable an easier passage direct to Gateshead and newcastle.  I work late evenings and Sundays and would give my right arm to have the x34 operate later at night and Sundays and bank holidays. The way it is at the moment I have to endure a 20 mins walk off the metro through the so called 'nature reserve' to get home. Which isn't always a safe route.
(06 Jun 2015, 8:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Green Week
Take a look at @StagecoachNE's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StagecoachNE/status/...48865?s=09

Scania 28008 has an image of a kettle behind the driver's cab.

Shields ADL Enviro300 27738 also has a kettle - in the pushchair bay.
(07 Jun 2015, 9:39 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Shields ADL Enviro300 27738 also has a kettle - in the pushchair bay.
19197 has a kettle.
(07 Jun 2015, 9:59 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]19197 has a kettle.

Least we can all make a cuppa on the way to our destinations! Tongue 
(07 Jun 2015, 10:00 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Least we can all make a cuppa on the way to our destinations!  
For me it was to the Tyne Tees Run.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8