North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(12 Jun 2015, 9:03 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]the 19 Euro 5 Enviro 200 MK1s due next month for South Sheilds will replace older 61 Reg Enviro 200 36461-79 which will transfer to Hartlepool to replace the 19 Transbus Darts
33401, 34561-69 and 34605-08 to Disposal or Reserve

The 19 new E200s for shields will not replace the MAN 14.240 Enviro 200s 39701-14 as there is only 14 of them, These will stay at Sheilds
Also 14 Reg 37143/44 will stay at Sheilds with one replacing 22734s role with 22734 going to disposal

MAN 18.220 ALX300s 22050/67/70 will stay aswell as Darts 35190/91/92/93/94/95

So anyone wanting one final ride/photo of 22734 you have just under 1 month left.

This was just pure guessing but all of it adds up so id say its 90% likely to happen.

I would say that there were a number of flaws in the Logic above.

First of all, you have missed off Fleet No.s 34550 & 34615 from the list of Transbus Darts @ Hartlepool
and even with these, there is a total of 16 Transbus Darts @ Hartlepool, and not 19, as you have clearly suggested above, with 34401 already being the Reserve/Spare vehicle.

Each Depot, is responsible for its own Maintenance budget, so why ?, would Hartlepool Depot, go to the expense, of refurbishing & repainting its Transbus Darts, only to withdraw them for disposal a month or two later. This would be a complete waste of money. For example, 34xxx, is repainted & moves to another depot (possibly out of the region), so Hartlepool have paid for that vehicle to be painted, only for some other depot, to then receive a freshly painted vehicle & it hasn't cost them a penny to repaint, out of their maintenance budget.

Hartlepool Depot, then get a replacement vehicle from another Depot, which needs a repaint, so they have to pay for that vehicle to be repainted as well, whereas, the money that was spent repainting the vehicle it lost, could have been used to have repainted another of its own vehicles.

The Teesside Depot, appears to have ceased repainting its T/V registered MANs, knowing full well, that in just a few months, they will be getting replaced with Brand New vehicles, so why waste, two or three grand on repainting a bus, so that it looks nice when it gets scrapped. It makes no sense.

I also do not understand, why South Shields (not sheilds), would wish to transfer out its 61' plate Enviro 200s, when it has older vehicles, such as the 09' plated MAN/E200s.

I would have to say too, that the MAN 14.240/E200, have not been the best of purchases made by the Stagecoach UK Bus Group, as they have proved to be rather unpopular.

It is probably best therefore not to speculate what could happen & wait until it actually does.

Someone, had previously suggested that 39701 - 39714 were to transfer to Hartlepool last December, and this never happened, so, I would again, wait to see what actually does happen in reality. 
(13 Jun 2015, 6:08 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]As there's all this speculation, I'd like to confirm the following.

37301-19 will not be replacing 22049/50/70. Those 3 are required for the X20 I understand due to the daytime loadings. I'm also lead to understand that 35190-5 will be transferring, rumours are to Hartlepool to replace older sisters on the 1.
Think I originally said when we first found out South Shields were getting new buses I said they would replace MANviros and darts but as this added to 20 1 more than was due people thought it wouldn't happen.
(12 Jun 2015, 7:23 am)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]It's been back in service for months after last year's accident in Middlesbrough. 
thanks for the help just i have not see for a while
(13 Jun 2015, 6:11 am)Martin Rogers wrote [ -> ]I would say that there were a number of flaws in the Logic above.

First of all, you have missed off Fleet No.s 34550 & 34615 from the list of Transbus Darts @ Hartlepool
and even with these, there is a total of 16 Transbus Darts @ Hartlepool, and not 19, as you have clearly suggested above, with 34401 already being the Reserve/Spare vehicle.

Each Depot, is responsible for its own Maintenance budget, so why ?, would Hartlepool Depot, go to the expense, of refurbishing & repainting its Transbus Darts, only to withdraw them for disposal a month or two later. This would be a complete waste of money. For example, 34xxx, is repainted & moves to another depot (possibly out of the region), so Hartlepool have paid for that vehicle to be painted, only for some other depot, to then receive a freshly painted vehicle & it hasn't cost them a penny to repaint, out of their maintenance budget.

Hartlepool Depot, then get a replacement vehicle from another Depot, which needs a repaint, so they have to pay for that vehicle to be repainted as well, whereas, the money that was spent repainting the vehicle it lost, could have been used to have repainted another of its own vehicles.

The Teesside Depot, appears to have ceased repainting its T/V registered MANs, knowing full well, that in just a few months, they will be getting replaced with Brand New vehicles, so why waste, two or three grand on repainting a bus, so that it looks nice when it gets scrapped. It makes no sense.

I also do not understand, why South Shields (not sheilds), would wish to transfer out its 61' plate Enviro 200s, when it has older vehicles, such as the 09' plated MAN/E200s.

I would have to say too, that the MAN 14.240/E200, have not been the best of purchases made by the Stagecoach UK Bus Group, as they have proved to be rather unpopular.

It is probably best therefore not to speculate what could happen & wait until it actually does.

Someone, had previously suggested that 39701 - 39714 were to transfer to Hartlepool last December, and this never happened, so, I would again, wait to see what actually does happen in reality. 

Ok, my bad I missed out 2 Darts. And ok I miscounted the Darts but never mind.

There has been a few cases of buses getting repainted and refurbished and then getting listed as disposal such as Olympian 16839 which was repainted and seats retrimmed and strait away listed as disposal, This has since been placed as Reserve at Walkergate running only 2 services a day at most......So why did Sunderland waste there money on it then?

What T/V Reg MANs? Im no expert for Hartlepools Fleet but the only MAN 18.220 Based at Hartlepool is Reserve S Reg MAN 22455, according to the Fleet list.

It does not always count on the age of a vehicle that determines what is moved out, it mostly depends on the quality, cost to maintain, break downs or new laws such as DDA

Shields is just a word us Shielders use, no one in South Sheilds says "South Sheilds" we just say Sheilds.

The 61 Reg Enviros have been a lot worse in reliability the MAN Enviros recently, the 61 Reg Enviros have worse build quality, Frequent Engine Troubles and loads more.
The MAN Enviros have had their past troubles but the ones at Shields have improved significantly with only 39710 being off the road recently , whilst some 61 Reg ones I think have had to get major work done on them ( engine rebuilds etc )

Based on a customer opinion, they would 100% prefer a MAN Enviro over a Normal one there ride quality is better, you don't feel every bump in the road and there more powerful 
Based on a maintenance opinion there both neck and neck they both have there problems.

If everyone waited until it really happened this forum would be boring, after all this page is called latest news and DISSCUSSION 

Anyone's allowed to suggest or talk about anything they want from orders to suggesting transfers,theres nothing wrong with that,and if they get it wrong so what.....
we all like buses, we all talk about buses but no ones perfect
(13 Jun 2015, 6:11 am)Martin Rogers wrote [ -> ]I would say that there were a number of flaws in the Logic above.

Seeing as this has been corrected... There appears to be a lot of unnecessary commas in the above... If South Tyne Lad wishes to speculate, he can by all means speculate. I honestly cannot believe somebody is asking another person to not make up their own version of events to share, and just wait for stuff to happen. In another post, you were mentioning how people on this forum just slap each other down... The irony!
(13 Jun 2015, 7:24 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]The 61 Reg Enviros have been a lot worse in reliability the MAN Enviros recently, the 61 Reg Enviros have worse build quality, Frequent Engine Troubles and loads more.
The MAN Enviros have had their past troubles but the ones at Shields have improved significantly with only 39710 being off the road recently , whilst some 61 Reg ones I think have had to get major work done on them ( engine rebuilds etc )

Based on a customer opinion, they would 100% prefer a MAN Enviro over a Normal one there ride quality is better, you don't feel every bump in the road and there more powerful 
Based on a maintenance opinion there both neck and neck they both have there problems.

There are several videos on this YouTube channel showing how bad ADL E200s can be - especially in hilly areas. The common "squealing/screaming" turbo fault is also a really bad disadvantage of an ADL E200 - as demonstrated in this and this video - faults of which some of the South Shields ADL E200s have had/still have.

Furthermore, the MAN E200s have less idle vibrations than the ADL E200s and Pointer Darts, which makes the ride much more comfortable - which I assume is a reason why the ride quality is better in the MAN E200s.
(13 Jun 2015, 7:46 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]There are several videos on this YouTube channel showing how bad ADL E200s can be - especially in hilly areas. The common "squealing/screaming" turbo fault is also a really bad disadvantage of an ADL E200 - as demonstrated in this and this video - faults of which some of the South Shields ADL E200s have had/still have.

Furthermore, the MAN E200s have less idle vibrations than the ADL E200s and Pointer Darts, which makes the ride much more comfortable - which I assume is a reason why the ride quality is better in the MAN E200s.

If as you suggest the MAN/ALX200s are better than the ADL E200s, why has Stagecoach North East invested in a further 19 ADL 200s & not 19 MAN/ADL 200s. ?

With regard to 16839, this vehicle was withdrawn owing to Chassis Corrosion, but the engineers at Sunderland were subsequently able to repair it. As for it being in reserve at Walkergate, the fleet allocation card on the mbonwick site, shows it as being reserve/spare at Sunderland, or are you suggesting the Official Stagecoach Documents are also incorrect.
(13 Jun 2015, 8:00 pm)Martin Rogers wrote [ -> ]If as you suggest the MAN/ALX200s are better than the ADL E200s, why has Stagecoach North East invested in a further 19 ADL 200s & not 19 MAN/ADL 200s. ?

With regard to 16839, this vehicle was withdrawn owing to Chassis Corrosion, but the engineers at Sunderland were subsequently able to repair it. As for it being in reserve at Walkergate, the fleet allocation card on the mbonwick site, shows it as being reserve/spare at Sunderland, or are you suggesting the Official Stagecoach Documents are also incorrect.

I recall recently two Olympians (16833 and 16839 I think) were transferred to assist services in Newcastle with late running. I'm unsure if they've transferred back or not, but I don't think their return from Walkergate was noted; if it was, I didn't see it. I don't think it's really fair to accuse South Tyne Lad of suggesting the official documentation is incorrect.
(13 Jun 2015, 8:00 pm)Martin Rogers wrote [ -> ]If as you suggest the MAN/ALX200s are better than the ADL E200s, why has Stagecoach North East invested in a further 19 ADL 200s & not 19 MAN/ADL 200s.

Because MAN stopped offering the 14.240 Chassis for the UK market at the end of 2013 for all body's ADL,MCV etc

So currently ADL don't offer any MAN chassis in there body range E200/300
(13 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I recall recently two Olympians (16833 and 16839 I think) were transferred to assist services in Newcastle with late running. I'm unsure if they've transferred back or not, but I don't think their return from Walkergate was noted; if it was, I didn't see it. I don't think it's really fair to accuse South Tyne Lad of suggesting the official documentation is incorrect.

I think there still at Walkergate but just see very limited service like what I posted in my post earlier. Smile
(13 Jun 2015, 8:00 pm)Martin Rogers wrote [ -> ]If as you suggest the MAN/ALX200s are better than the ADL E200s, why has Stagecoach North East invested in a further 19 ADL 200s & not 19 MAN/ADL 200s. ?

I heard somewhere that Stagecoach fell out with M.A.N Bus and Coach, and the owner of Stagecoach also owns Alexander Dennis Ltd.
(13 Jun 2015, 8:21 pm)AIG20 wrote [ -> ]I heard somewhere that Stagecoach fell out with M.A.N Bus and Coach, and the owner of Stagecoach also owns Alexander Dennis Ltd.

Im sure I heard that aswell.   That was also the time when MAN ditched ADL and offered a all Ceatano body range instead like Arrivas Ecocites in Darlington.
Each individual depot are responsible for their own maintenance budgets? I'm not doubting for a minute that that's true, but I really can't see the logic in this one. Choosing not to spend money on a bus because it might get transferred for service at another depot is a ludicrous way to run a business.

You wouldn't get the commercial team refusing to market a service, for fear that those boards are transferred to a different depot... why shouldn't it be the same for engineering...?

(13 Jun 2015, 8:04 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]I recall recently two Olympians (16833 and 16839 I think) were transferred to assist services in Newcastle with late running. I'm unsure if they've transferred back or not, but I don't think their return from Walkergate was noted; if it was, I didn't see it. I don't think it's really fair to accuse South Tyne Lad of suggesting the official documentation is incorrect.

The loan of the two Volvo Olympians to Walkergate was not noted on Stagecoach North East's official Fleet Allocation documents either, though photos on Flickr and sightings noted on this forum certainly suggest it did happen last month, unless we are suggesting that all of the photos were digitally edited on Photoshop and those who sighted the Volvo Olympians in Newcastle are deluded?

[Image: 17645137981_666afeca90.jpg]Stagecoach Newcastle R833OVN by Sean  Blair, on Flickr

As the temporary loan was not noted within the Fleet Cards, the return was not noted either. However, as I live near the Stagecoach Sunderland depot, I am able to confirm that at least one Volvo Olympian is back at Sunderland, as I saw it last Sunday when heading to the rally at South Shields...
Just short of 2 years after its last repaint, Stockton's 22015 is the latest example to be repainted. This means that 22011/2/5/7/20 have all been repainted in the last 6-7 months and leaves just 22064 of the DDA examples not to have been repainted in the last 2 years (its last repaint was back in 2009 when the 37 branding was updated).
(13 Jun 2015, 6:16 am)danpick wrote [ -> ]Think I originally said when we first found out South Shields were getting new buses I said they would replace MANviros and darts but as this added to 20 1 more than was due people thought it wouldn't happen.

To further the rumour - 35190-5 are mentioned as definitely leaving South Shields, but I believe not all of the MANviros will be (but at the same time - 22049/50/70/734 won't be either) Wink 
this is not a complaint. it is a compliment about R836 OVN bus that is based at stockton. i had a ride on it earlier and i must say it was quite exceptional to ride would love to be able to stay on it all day. it really cheered me up after a bad day at work.
The Stagecoach Sunderland buses have a new guide for the buses in Sunderland (including the E's), its the size of the separate timetables to.
(17 Jun 2015, 3:22 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The Stagecoach Sunderland buses have a new guide for the buses in Sunderland (including the E's), its the size of the separate timetables to.

does the guide still say that you can visit crowtree leisure centre Tongue .

I would of thought stagecoach would of done a complete overhaul of the timetables by now, the 3,13,16 and 20 timetable in a blue colour matching the gas services etc...
(17 Jun 2015, 3:29 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]does the guide still say that you can visit crowtree leisure centre Tongue .

I would of thought stagecoach would of done a complete overhaul of the timetables by now, the 3,13,16 and 20 timetable in a blue colour matching the gas services etc...

In a way it does, as its on the map of the city centre haha  Tongue

Me too, would be good to see a picture of the gas bus on the timetables although the bus guide does have a gas bus on it.

It also has places you can get deals if you show your stagecoach ticket. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8