North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
(17 Nov 2015, 5:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Haha, i'll have to try and have a ride before it goes else where...

Think we're keeping as it's been here 4 months I think.
A vehicle shouldn't be purchased solely dependent on how well it goes up banks.
(17 Nov 2015, 5:58 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Think we're keeping as it's been here 4 months I think.

Would make sense if they buy StreetDecks... which tbh seems like they will be. 

Then what ever gets Streetdecks... that could be the spare for the route Tongue
(17 Nov 2015, 5:58 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Think we're keeping as it's been here 4 months I think.

If that was so, it would have been allocated a fleet number as part of the main fleet. Not to say that it won't be, but it's with the company as a demonstrator. It's an interesting trail of thought as to where it could go if it was to be kept with Go North East; as it would most likely see front-line service rather than just act as another spare bus.
(17 Nov 2015, 6:03 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]If that was so, it would have been allocated a fleet number as part of the main fleet. Not to say that it won't be, but it's with the company as a demonstrator. It's an interesting trail of thought as to where it could go if it was to be kept with Go North East; as it would most likely see front-line service rather than just act as another spare bus.

Not necessarily, it can always be re-registered and re-numbered.
(17 Nov 2015, 6:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not necessarily, it can always be re-registered and re-numbered.

That is possible, but my comment in response to DanPicken was to inform him that the vehicle would have been re-numbered to become part of the main service fleet, not that it will or won't...
Gne will open Stanley depot on Boxing Day this year, in addition to the 47 which has been chester operated for the past few years, this year the following services are planned:

6 full route hourly with additional late journeys for workers.
V7 Between Stanley & Metrocentre, additional late journeys for staff.
16A Hourly Between Durham & Stanley.
47 Newcastle to Consett via Rowlands Gill & Blackhall Mill, half hourly.
X30 Between Stanley and Newcastle, Hourly.
(17 Nov 2015, 7:47 pm)wise owl wrote [ -> ]Gne will open Stanley depot on Boxing Day this year, in addition to the 47 which has been chester operated for the past few years, this year the following services are planned:

6 full route hourly with additional late journeys for workers.
V7 Between Stanley & Metrocentre, additional late journeys for staff.
16A Hourly Between Durham & Stanley.
47 Newcastle to Consett via Rowlands Gill & Blackhall Mill, half hourly.
X30 Between Stanley and Newcastle, Hourly.

All depots, excluding Crook and Peterlee, will be open this year.

Service 47 is one of very few services which will be allocated a 'wrong brand' this year - Jimmi will be glad to hear he's not missing out on too many photo opportunities, given the lack of Arriva North East services being operated again! Other services which will be allocated a 'wrong brand' are those which will require a greater seating capacity.

I'd expect timetables to be uploaded to Go North East's website shortly, but an improved service is being operated with later journeys and more vehicles added into PVRs to increase reliability.
(17 Nov 2015, 7:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]All depots, excluding Crook and Peterlee, will be open this year.

Service 47 is one of very few services which will be allocated a 'wrong brand' this year - Jimmi will be glad to hear he's not missing out on too many photo opportunities, given the lack of Arriva North East services being operated again! Other services which will be allocated a 'wrong brand' are those which will require a greater seating capacity.

I'd expect timetables to be uploaded to Go North East's website shortly, but an improved service is being operated with later journeys and more vehicles added into PVRs to increase reliability.

Are nexus securing any services, gne operate commercially i believe.
(17 Nov 2015, 7:56 pm)wise owl wrote [ -> ]Are nexus securing any services, gne operate commercially i believe.

Yes; some services have been secured by Nexus, but I believe most are being provided on a commercial basis.
(17 Nov 2015, 7:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes; some services have been secured by Nexus, but I believe most are being provided on a commercial basis.

Will we see more services on boxing day with more depots opening?
(17 Nov 2015, 7:57 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes; some services have been secured by Nexus, but I believe most are being provided on a commercial basis.

It's refreshing to see that some operators are forward thinking, and realise that people don't want to spend their Boxing Day sat in the house. Not fancy operating a few X12s? Wink 

(17 Nov 2015, 8:03 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Will we see more services on boxing day with more depots opening?

I'd imagine so, as each depot opening, has more costs than just drivers/buses being on the road, associated with it.
(17 Nov 2015, 8:07 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's refreshing to see that some operators are forward thinking, and realise that people don't want to spend their Boxing Day sat in the house. Not fancy operating a few X12s? Wink 

I'd imagine so, as each depot opening, has more costs than just drivers/buses being on the road, associated with it.

Although it doesn't really benefit me as its Stagecoach around my area, would be good to see GNE operate more services.

Stagecoach in Sunderland seem to operate the main core services around Sunderland - 3,4,13,16 and 20 - most which go to most places people want... i don't think we'll ever see the 8,12 or 18/19 run on a boxing day. 

I wonder if the 35A will do its full route this year - Low Moorsley to Heworth - it would make sense, if it did.
What services are percy main going to operate and any unusual brandings?
(17 Nov 2015, 8:20 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]What services are percy main going to operate and any unusual brandings?

Dan has already answered this, only a handful of posts ago.
(17 Nov 2015, 7:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]All depots, excluding Crook and Peterlee, will be open this year.

Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were stuck in Newton Aycliffe? Nothing really wrong with the place, it's just a bit boring, there is only so much time you can kill in Tesco.
(17 Nov 2015, 8:51 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were stuck in Newton Aycliffe? Nothing really wrong with the place, it's just a bit boring, there is only so much time you can kill in Tesco.

No escape by bus for us, either. Big'un will just have to slum it in the car Big Grin
(17 Nov 2015, 9:08 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]No escape by bus for us, either. Big'un will just have to slum it in the car Big Grin

Fancy giving Jimmi a lift into GNE territory too? It'll save us reading his rant in the appropriate thread. Tongue
(17 Nov 2015, 5:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]A vehicle shouldn't be purchased solely dependent on how well it goes up banks.

Yeah, but it would be a silly issue to ignore in a vehicle that is highly likely to need to go up banks on pretty much any route in the region.
(17 Nov 2015, 9:11 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Fancy giving Jimmi a lift into GNE territory too? It'll save us reading his rant in the appropriate thread.

Been rather shy in my postings in the 'annoying' thread recently, might not be that day though. Think I'm currently 4th in the top poster's of that thread.

Anyway good on Go North East for progressing with services on Boxing Day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31