North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(30 Dec 2015, 10:12 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well i wasn't aware that the NX services had their numbers updated to Arial too! - https://www.flickr.com/photos/128789124@...datetaken/

Looks like a bit has been cut off though.

Possibly the wrong file uploaded into the vehicle?
(30 Dec 2015, 10:12 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Well i wasn't aware that the NX services had their numbers updated to Arial too! - https://www.flickr.com/photos/128789124@...datetaken/

Looks like a bit has been cut off though.

All of the coaches are currently being updated to include new displays for the 435/436 etc, but I've updated every other destination so that via points coincide with the calling points on the National Express website.

Only the tri-axle Scania coaches should have the route numbers in Arial font as these have the same size display (144x19) as a normal bus. The Volvo coaches all have smaller displays (128x15), which is why these just use the standard font.

The depot appears to have used the wrong profile on that coach - it has been set up as a Scania (Profile 1) instead of a Volvo (Profile 2). This is why nothing fits, as the displays on the Volvos are considerably smaller.
8273's rear blind isn't working
Go North East
1 hr ·
Services 82 & 82A are unable to serve the bus stop at the In-Shops in Washington Galleries, because of a Police road closure.
So with work on Billy Mill and Norham Road starting soon the traffic and delays are going to build up.
How about if there are major delays on the 80 seperate them from the interworkings to minimise delays to 40/41?
What will the 310 and W3 do since the bridge is closing to be demolished?
Seen today nat ex coach with the front display not fitting to the screen and the side display scrolling the via points and the rear display not fitting to the display as well
(30 Dec 2015, 7:32 pm)Transbus574 wrote [ -> ]Seen today nat ex coach with the front display not fitting to the screen and the side display scrolling the via points and the rear display not fitting to the display as well

If you scroll further up this page, you will see Dan has explained why.
I wonder due to GNE only trialing 9109 on the X21 whether or not they merely used that bus to evaluate a similar layout (with tables) to what the Streetdecks down in Brighton have.

On another note referring to the Rare and Odd workings thread, I think the Streetdeck will more than likely be kept and become a spare for the X21 but on the otherhand, the X21 (full route) doesn't operate on evenings and Sundays either. Therefore, I don't know if GNE are due anymore Omnidekkas ut if they are, one could perhaps become a spare with 9119 seing use elsewhere or returned to Wrightbus.
Have just seen an 8 crossing Wearmouth Bridge in Sunderland - was a bit of a surprise to say the least!

Go North East has stated on its Facebook page that the Queen Alex Bridge is closed due to a police incident, so all services are diverting via Wearmouth Bridge.
(31 Dec 2015, 1:12 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Have just seen an 8 crossing Wearmouth Bridge in Sunderland - was a bit of a surprise to say the least!

Go North East has stated on its Facebook page that the Queen Alex Bridge is closed due to a police incident, so all services are diverting via Wearmouth Bridge.

I hope its nothing serious =(
(31 Dec 2015, 12:48 pm)DaveyBowyer wrote [ -> ]I wonder due to GNE only trialing 9109 on the X21 whether or not they merely used that bus to evaluate a similar layout (with tables) to what the Streetdecks down in Brighton have.

On another note referring to the Rare and Odd workings thread, I think the Streetdeck will more than likely be kept and become a spare for the X21 but on the otherhand, the X21 (full route) doesn't operate on evenings and Sundays either. Therefore, I don't know if GNE are due anymore Omnidekkas  ut if they are, one could perhaps become a spare with 9119 seing use elsewhere or returned to Wrightbus.

A spare OmniDekka for the X21, should more arrive, would be a good idea in my opinion. While it's not to the same vehicle specification as the Streetdecks will be; an OmniDekka shouldn't have any issues with the route, as they've proved themselves to be workhorses that rarely seem to have any issues, which has led to a popularity amongst enthusiasts. This could allow 6038 to be transferred elsewhere, as 6024/34/35/37/40/41 probably will when the Streetdecks arrive.
Earlier this year Go North East had a customer survey on their website seeking feedback on the demonstrator vehicle used on the Pronto X21.
Does anyone know if the results of the survey were ever shared with the customers?
(31 Dec 2015, 1:19 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]A spare OmniDekka for the X21, should more arrive, would be a good idea in my opinion. While it's not to the same vehicle specification as the Streetdecks will be; an OmniDekka shouldn't have any issues with the route, as they've proved themselves to be workhorses that rarely seem to have any issues, which has led to a popularity amongst enthusiasts. This could allow 6038 to be transferred elsewhere, as 6024/34/35/37/40/41 probably will when the Streetdecks arrive.

Bad idea imo. Compared to an Arriva Sapphire or MAX route, then they'd have to give people their money back, if they complained about the advertised features not being available.
(31 Dec 2015, 1:43 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Earlier this year Go North East had a customer survey on their website seeking feedback on the demonstrator vehicle used on the Pronto X21.
Does anyone know if the results of the survey were ever shared with the customers?

I believe I filled in the survey, praising the E400MMC, but I never found out the results. We know now anyway that the Streetdeck has seemingly come out on top.
(31 Dec 2015, 1:43 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Earlier this year Go North East had a customer survey on their website seeking feedback on the demonstrator vehicle used on the Pronto X21.

Go North East has not published results of its customer consultations since the beginning of 2014. I think it would be nice to see the results return, especially now that the company are using Survey Monkey online questionnaires, but I cannot really see the benefit to 'normal' customers in providing the results to this questionnaire?

You can find all previous customer consultation results on the link below:
http://web.archive.org/web/2014031902334...sultation/

(31 Dec 2015, 1:49 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Bad idea imo. Compared to an Arriva Sapphire or MAX route, then they'd have to give people their money back, if they complained about the advertised features not being available.

They'll have lower specification vehicles operating the service at peak-times anyway, as the extra Newcastle - Durham peak time services are currently operated by Scania L94 vehicles.

Go North East's now-redundant equivalent scheme - Gold Standard - didn't offer money-back guarantees when the advertised features (full CCTV coverage and recording as well as information screens) were not made available.
(31 Dec 2015, 1:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Go North East has not published results of its customer consultations since the beginning of 2014. I think it would be nice to see the results return, especially now that the company are using Survey Monkey online questionnaires, but I cannot really see the benefit to 'normal' customers in providing the results to this questionnaire?

You can find all previous customer consultation results on the link below:
http://web.archive.org/web/2014031902334...sultation/

They'll have lower specification vehicles operating the service at peak-times anyway, as the extra Newcastle - Durham peak time services are currently operated by Scania L94 vehicles.

Go North East's now-redundant equivalent scheme - Gold Standard - didn't offer money-back guarantees when the advertised features (full CCTV coverage and recording as well as information screens) were not made available.

I just see them keeping 9119 and using that as a spare - along with what ever for the extra peak time buses.... although its euro 6........... is the rest of the order Euro 6 or are they sticking to Euro 5 for the time-being.
(31 Dec 2015, 2:01 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I just see them keeping 9119 and using that as a spare - along with what ever for the extra peak time buses.... although its euro 6........... is the rest of the order Euro 6 or are they sticking to Euro 5 for the time-being.

The only option for the Streetdeck is euro 6?
(31 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The only option for the Streetdeck is euro 6?

Streetlites are still available as Euro 5, however.
(31 Dec 2015, 2:04 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]The only option for the Streetdeck is euro 6?

Not sure, you could be right though... but what about the Streetlites and Solo's?
(31 Dec 2015, 1:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]They'll have lower specification vehicles operating the service at peak-times anyway, as the extra Newcastle - Durham peak time services are currently operated by Scania L94 vehicles.

You'd expect the extra features available on the Streetdecks, to be more attractive to those that don't use the service at present. Perhaps having free WiFi, comfortable seating and power sockets, will win commuters over from the train? It's not exactly great when those peak time extras, put in there to help with the commuter loadings, will be ran by 10 year old buses without any of that. If I was commuting that route, I'd deliberately avoid the extras.

I'm actually surprised a couple of spares weren't ordered for Chester, as they could have been used on the 21 too.

I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but I think that Gold Standard refunds only applied if your journey was delayed by 30 minutes or more? Whereas Arriva's is just for the sake of contacting them about it. Although you never actually got a refund in either case. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28