North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(04 Dec 2015, 10:12 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]GNE should purchase 20 Enviro 200MMCs for the 33/33A/39/82 & 82A, but then again we all know that GNE will order more Streetlites.

Ye, they'll stick to Streetlites,

2 ways it could be done:

1.They'll replace the Cadets and some of the B10's in a straight swap.

2. Scania routes are replaced first that means the scania's will move on the less profitable routes replacing the Cadets/Merits and some of the B10's.
(05 Dec 2015, 10:44 am)Diamond One wrote [ -> ]Wonder if a Citylink branded Citaro is out today?

Yes, 5293 is out in service.
Go North East
9 mins ·
Service 10, x84, x85 Omitting Corbridge due to the Bridge being closed due to high winds
(05 Dec 2015, 11:03 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Yes, 5293 is out in service.

It's now on Flickr if you head over there now it's on my photostream
(04 Dec 2015, 5:44 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]This may make me unpopular with some people...

Think some enthusiasts have nothing better to do with their time than whinge on the Go North East Facebook page, I only tend to pass comments on the services I regularly use (Arriva 5/5A and 7) I don't even comment on service 8 which runs through my town as I almost never use it, I have nothing really to say about the Citylink 57 as it's highly unlikely I am ever going to use the service. The comments about the 57 are just pointless, the buses may be old but newer than the B10's and there will be some discount fares and yet that's not good enough for them. Pretty sure some enthusiasts think some normal passengers are as thick as pig muck, do we really think people are going to get that confused about the 57 now having the same brand name as the 58 but in a different colour.

GX03 SVC is correct in saying that I work for Arriva, (that's right, it's okay to say the name - it's not like 'He who shall not be named') but that doesn't influence my decisions on a company's operations.  I can see the way Stagecoach operate and they seem to do a fine job but as for Go North East - they don't seem to understand the concept of route branding.

No-one said that the Citylink would be confusing having two colours, but if the 57 is to be blue, why not change the circles to be blue rather than orange?  At least that way the branding wouldn't look so out of place - they've changed the 'Link' to blue, so why not the circles too?
Corbridge is still closed due to the river bursting its banks. Service 10 cannot serve Corbridge Station, X84 & X85 will divert via the A69.
Hadn't realised that GNE were providing PR4 for the Christmas Festival, today.
(05 Dec 2015, 4:46 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Hadn't realised that GNE were providing PR4 for the Christmas Festival, today.

Shuttle service between County Hall and City Centre, providing travel for those who came in coaches.
(04 Dec 2015, 5:18 pm)GX03 SVC wrote [ -> ]I have to laugh at half of the comments on that post. I got involved to express my opinions on the matter, and how Arriva have used the Sapphire brand in Durham.

The same goes for enthusiasts complaining and whinging about Wright StreetLites, never actually heard or seen anyone other than enthusiasts complaining about them...!

I've heard passengers twisting about them too, but mainly because of the lack of leg room. I don't think they're too bad in appearance, but I think they'll be lucky to last 5 years on the routes they're on. Time will tell.

(05 Dec 2015, 2:48 pm)palatine3833 wrote [ -> ]GX03 SVC is correct in saying that I work for Arriva, (that's right, it's okay to say the name - it's not like 'He who shall not be named') but that doesn't influence my decisions on a company's operations.  I can see the way Stagecoach operate and they seem to do a fine job but as for Go North East - they don't seem to understand the concept of route branding.

No-one said that the Citylink would be confusing having two colours, but if the 57 is to be blue, why not change the circles to be blue rather than orange?  At least that way the branding wouldn't look so out of place - they've changed the 'Link' to blue, so why not the circles too?

Why do you think that they don't understand the concept of route branding? From a marketing perspective, why does orange on blue look out of place? 

It's all good and well coming out with both statements, but at least elaborate on why you think it.
(05 Dec 2015, 4:52 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Shuttle service between County Hall and City Centre, providing travel for those who came in coaches.

It was definitely busy with people leaving around 4-ish - and that was before the lantern parade started.
Although Streetlites aren't the best, they do a decent job and although not a fan of lightweight deckers like the B5TL and Streetdeck, the Streetlite is fairly decent.

Even more so, due to the good fuel econony, the Streetlite can even be a game changer. Take a look at this:

- Stagecoach 22 has taken some passengers away from the Coaster.

- GNE then run it every 20 between Wrekenton and North Shields and every 20 between Gateshead and Whitley Bay using Streetlites creating a 10 minute frequency between Gateshead and Shields. The fuel savings then balance out some of the extra wage bills and cost of the extra vehicles required and even help recoup some of the passengers taken by Stagecoach.

P.S not saying Stagecoach has taken passengers away but if they did, then the above proves a point. Mind you though, the loads on the 22/22x are nothing compared to the Clippers and the X6.
Christmas Baubles Competition

http://www.simplygo.com/christmascomp

Edit:

Winner will receive an Angel model bus (worth £38.99).
- One entry per person; anyone found to be using multiple accounts will be ineligible.
- Competition closes at midday on Monday 7 December 2015.
- The winner will be contacted directly via e-mail. 
- Prize will be posted to UK addresses only.
- Losing entries will not receive any notification.
- No cash alternative is offered.
Just noticed on the GNE site, they have a section for maps now:

http://www.simplygo.com/networkmaps/
Another tale of GNE not known their services on a Sunday:

Any ideas why the 8 from Pelton is 14mins late and counting?

Go North East: Apologies for the delays Martin. Have you since been able to travel?

Waited half an hour and decided it was too cold for my son to be standing at bus stops waiting for your busses so went home.

Go North East Apologies for this Martin.
(06 Dec 2015, 3:07 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Another tale of GNE not known their services on a Sunday:

Any ideas why the 8 from Pelton is 14mins late and counting?

Go North East: Apologies for the delays Martin. Have you since been able to travel?

Waited half an hour and decided it was too cold for my son to be standing at bus stops waiting for your busses so went home.

Go North East Apologies for this Martin.

You'd expect the customer to know that the 8 doesn't run on a Sunday, if they can tell that the service in question is 14 minutes late... Not sure how this is an example of Go North East not knowing their services though?
(06 Dec 2015, 3:18 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]You'd expect the customer to know that the 8 doesn't run on a Sunday, if they can tell that the service in question is 14 minutes late... Not sure how this is an example of Go North East not knowing their services though?

Surely at the point of the first enquiry, you'd point out that the 8 doesn't run, and try and establish which service the customer is actually intending to use? 

Apologising for the delays, on a service that isn't even scheduled to operate, is pretty poor.
(06 Dec 2015, 3:23 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Surely at the point of the first enquiry, you'd point out that the 8 doesn't run, and try and establish which service the customer is actually intending to use? 

Apologising for the delays, on a service that isn't even scheduled to operate, is pretty poor.

Point taken.
(06 Dec 2015, 3:18 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]You'd expect the customer to know that the 8 doesn't run on a Sunday, if they can tell that the service in question is 14 minutes late... Not sure how this is an example of Go North East not knowing their services though?

Well because:

Apologies for the delays Martin. Have you since been able to travel?

Then:

Apologies for this Martin.

----

To me that says the person running the Facebook page today, doesnt know the 8 doesnt run on a Sunday.

Although the person asking should know it doesnt run on a Sunday.... it doesnt help that the person on GNE Facebook page doesn't know it either.
StreetDeck 9119 seems to have been on the TEN's for at least the last two days.
(06 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]StreetDeck 9119 seems to have been on the TEN's for at least the last two days.

I seen it yesterday morning at around 07:45am in Eldon Square blinded up for a 10 to Hexham.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28