North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - December 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(27 Dec 2015, 10:02 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]True to form, 1475 on the 22.

Still has the captain's tale plaque inside.

1474 was going around still showing the destinations the 6 served on the exterior branding for a month or so after the 6 went Sapphire.

The one time I did the 22 on a Sunday since the Sapphire upgrade it was a Sapphire StreetLite, seems like that was a odd working. I think if I do get a 22 on a Sunday and I was to get a non Sapphire bus, I'd be tempted to complain to Arriva as I can't see why non Sapphire buses have to be allocated, they certainly aren't short of Sapphire buses on a Sunday!
(27 Dec 2015, 10:47 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Almost. The other vehicles on are 1474 and 1595.

Wondering if it's because they overlookd a Sunday NSA program, including easington colliery.

We've got through easington village, now and the bus is quite full, so an extra couple of seats might also be a factor. I suspect a lot of these people are heading for Dalton park, mind.

The Sapphire StreetLite's on the 22 have the same seating capacity as the Pulsars I think (44 seats) although the StreetLite's have a lower standing capacity, think StreetLite's can carry around 5 less standees.

There should be a evening/Sunday variation for next stop announcements on the 22 although the correct screen would need to be selected and last time I did the 22 on a Sunday, the normal daytime route announcements were being announced meaning it was stuck on Easington or something like that until we got to Peterlee, Essington Way.
(27 Dec 2015, 10:49 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]1474 was going around still showing the destinations the 6 served on the exterior branding for a month or so after the 6 went Sapphire.

The one time I did the 22 on a Sunday since the Sapphire upgrade it was a Sapphire StreetLite, seems like that was a odd working. I think if I do get a 22 on a Sunday and I was to get a non Sapphire bus, I'd be tempted to complain to Arriva as I can't see why non Sapphire buses have to be allocated, they certainly aren't short of Sapphire buses on a Sunday!

Perhaps they want to spend more time with their families Angel

I've asked on twitter. Not expecting a sensible reply.
Frequenta 9/10 branded Solo on service 2.
(27 Dec 2015, 1:09 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Frequenta 9/10 branded Solo on service 2.
it was 2866.
Frequenta 4 branded Solo was on service 3.
Is service 10 still allocated a EcoCity on Sundays as it was a 9/10 branded Solo today.
(27 Dec 2015, 7:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]it was 2866.
Frequenta 4 branded Solo was on service 3.
Is service 10 still allocated a EcoCity on Sundays as it was a 9/10 branded Solo today.

3s and 4s interwork in Darlington on a Sunday now

10 now interworks with a 13a/13B on a Sunday night, so it's now a solo working
(27 Dec 2015, 8:24 pm)Stuartphin1639 wrote [ -> ]3s and 4s interwork in Darlington on a Sunday now

10 now interworks with a 13a/13B on a Sunday night, so it's now a solo working

Buses on a Sunday night?! <thud>
(27 Dec 2015, 9:08 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Buses on a Sunday night?! <thud>
Do you not have the 58? I've still got that, although Arriva no longer bother.
(27 Dec 2015, 11:42 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Do you not have the 58? I've still got that, although Arriva no longer bother.

Not on a Sunday. We have the GNE 59, instead. 4 times. PVR of 1 with a break for lunch. Stops at teatime, just before the 22.
http://www.scarletbandbuses.co.uk/timeta...054539.pdf
http://www.simplygo.com/download/publication/47706.36
(27 Dec 2015, 11:45 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Not on a Sunday. We have the GNE 59, instead. 4 times. PVR of 1 with a break for lunch. Stops at teatime, just before the 22.
I had no idea the 58 didn't run on a Sunday. Having said that, I've never really bothered for a long time, as it takes an age to get anywhere.
(27 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I had no idea the 58 didn't run on a Sunday. Having said that, I've never really bothered for a long time, as it takes an age to get anywhere.

It's flipping uncomfortable, too, though quite a bit cheaper than Arriva for a trip to Durham or Hartlepool - and actually a lot quicker to Hartlepool.  I would hark back to the days when we had the 21, 21a and 57a, but I don't think there was a lot of overlap there and the 22 was only hourly, back then, which was pretty useless, and hadn't even been given the nice NK61 Pulsars, so all sorts of crap would turn up. Eventually.
(27 Dec 2015, 11:52 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I had no idea the 58 didn't run on a Sunday. Having said that, I've never really bothered for a long time, as it takes an age to get anywhere.
Think that's the reason that the 59 exists on Sunday's. Not sure why the areas that the 59 serves get a service on Sunday that is supported by Durham County Council but other places don't, especially after Durham County Council withdrew the subsidys for all Sunday bus services in 2011.

Also when Durham County Council withdrew the supported on Sunday's in 2011 a fair few places lost their Sunday evening services, I lost the 5A on Sunday nights.
(28 Dec 2015, 12:03 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Think that's the reason that the 59 exists on Sunday's. Not sure why the areas that the 59 serves get a service on Sunday that is supported by Durham County Council but other places don't, especially after Durham County Council withdrew the subsidys for all Sunday bus services in 2011.

Also when Durham County Council withdrew the supported on Sunday's in 2011 a fair few places lost their Sunday evening services, I lost the 5A on Sunday nights.

When the contracts came up for renewal, the 57a was replaced by the 58 out this way and the 57 by the 59, which extends all the way to the Arnison centre. We got the 22 back, without subsidy after a lot of lobbying, as a lot of locals ended up cut off from the bit of Durham where they actually worked, on a Sunday. Extending to Sunderland definitely makes it viable, as it ends up doing much of the work of 5 buses an hour (plus a GNE one)!

We actually lost evening services entirely, for a short while, when big'un was a baby, thanks to some thugs who enjoyed pelting buses with rocks on a regular basis. Drivers refused to come through.
(28 Dec 2015, 12:29 am)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]When the contracts came up for renewal, the 57a was replaced by the 58 out this way and the 57 by the 59, which extends all the way to the Arnison centre. We got the 22 back, without subsidy after a lot of lobbying, as a lot of locals ended up cut off from the bit of Durham where they actually worked, on a Sunday. Extending to Sunderland definitely makes it viable, as it ends up doing much of the work of 5 buses an hour (plus a GNE one)!

We actually lost evening services entirely, for a short while, when big'un was a baby, thanks to some thugs who enjoyed pelting buses with rocks on a regular basis. Drivers refused to come through.

In turn, the current 57A partially replaced the previous 33 route which ran Ferryhill - Hartlepool as the 33 route was cut to run Ferryhill - Sedgefield only, still supported by Durham County Council and operated by Scarlet Band, with the 57A replacing the Trimdon Village - Hartlepool section of the 33 running commercially I believe with the 21/21A covering the Sedgefield - Trimdon Village section.

I have heard that rocks and such being pelted off buses was a big problem over that way back then.
(28 Dec 2015, 12:43 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]In turn, the current 57A partially replaced the previous 33 route which ran Ferryhill - Hartlepool as the 33 route was cut to run Ferryhill - Sedgefield only, still supported by Durham County Council and operated by Scarlet Band, with the 57A replacing the Trimdon Village - Hartlepool section of the 33 running commercially I believe with the 21/21A covering the Sedgefield - Trimdon Village section.

I have heard that rocks and such being pelted off buses was a big problem over that way back then.

First time I ever traveled through Wheatley hill, some delightful little kids threw a stink bomb into the bus. I was heavily pregnant with a sense of smell like a bloodhound (it does that to you) and it was all I could do not to hurl.

Back on topic, I'm on a 22 on the 22<thud>
1479 on the 43

And typically, that 22 arrived in Durham dead early at 9:53, then had to queue to even get into the station for 3 minutes. We only just caught it and I suspect a few people missed it.
1515 on X66/7, 4650 on X75/6, 1461 on X26
(27 Dec 2015, 11:59 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]It's flipping uncomfortable, too, though quite a bit cheaper than Arriva for a trip to Durham or Hartlepool - and actually a lot quicker to Hartlepool.  I would hark back to the days when we had the 21, 21a and 57a, but I don't think there was a lot of overlap there and the 22 was only hourly, back then, which was pretty useless, and hadn't even been given the nice NK61 Pulsars, so all sorts of crap would turn up. Eventually.

The 57A was the replacement for the 21A which was diverted to go via Wingate to try and save time on the route.
The 57A was made up from 2 DCC contracts Durham -  Cassop and Thornley - Peterlee ( Replacement for 21A )
Frequenta branding all over the place today

2859 (4) on 9/10
2862 (4) on 3B
2868 (9/10) on 4
4812 (X21) on 12/12A
2861 (4) on 9/10
I've just seen a photo on Facebook of 1515 on the X67.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12