North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
(18 Sep 2016, 6:16 pm)James101 wrote [ -> ]Following on from the brief mention of heritage liveries the other day, First Potteries unveiled this excellent effort today.

The angles of the livery remind me of the Expresslink livery, a heritage TTX B9TL would look awesome.

What a superb livery that it is, Credit to First for replicating it on there B7 too.

Would be nice to see a heritage liveried bus around the North East.
(18 Sep 2016, 6:23 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]What a superb livery that it is, Credit to First for replicating it on there B7 too.

7445/6 carried one's in 2013, on in Untied with the other being Arriva/United Zippy.

(18 Sep 2016, 6:23 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]What a superb livery that it is, Credit to First for replicating it on there B7 too.

7445/6 carried one's in 2013, one in Untied with the other being Arriva/United Zippy.
Sorry to go slightly off-topic here but as I've had seemingly endless grief for the last hour or so, I would like to point out that I in no way condone driving a moving vehicle with no hands on the steering wheel, I have had calls to remove the offending photo from a Facebook group which I followed, however I shall (hopefully) not be removing from my Flickr account as I didn't stand outside Nisa in Birtley like a melon for around 20 minutes tonight to never upload the photo. Just felt I had to put this out there.
(22 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Sorry to go slightly off-topic here but as I've had seemingly endless grief for the last hour or so, I would like to point out that I in no way condone driving a moving vehicle with no hands on the steering wheel, I have had calls to remove the offending photo from a Facebook group which I followed, however I shall (hopefully) not be removing from my Flickr account as I didn't stand outside Nisa in Birtley like a melon for around 20 minutes tonight to never upload the photo. Just felt I had to put this out there.

You have done nothing wrong, and to be honest I would not remove it from flickr or anywhere else. Driving a vehicle of that size with no hands on the steering wheel in my mind is disgraceful, but not your problem that is for sure.
(22 Sep 2016, 9:18 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Sorry to go slightly off-topic here but as I've had seemingly endless grief for the last hour or so, I would like to point out that I in no way condone driving a moving vehicle with no hands on the steering wheel, I have had calls to remove the offending photo from a Facebook group which I followed, however I shall (hopefully) not be removing from my Flickr account as I didn't stand outside Nisa in Birtley like a melon for around 20 minutes tonight to never upload the photo. Just felt I had to put this out there.

Hopefully the company see the photo and take the appropriate action. Not safe at all.

You've done nothing wrong, you took a photo in a public place of an interesting vehicle, as you often do.

It's a shame people have requested you to remove it. You don't owe the driver any favours; he's behaved dangerously, it's his problem.

Stick it back on Facebook. It's up to you what you post on there, as long as the content is legal. 

If someone wants to bring their own driving standards into question, then that's up to them. Posting the photo does not mean you're giving your opinion on that.
I'm not sure I see the fuss. If a few keyboard warriors want to get at you Jimmi, remind yourself,they are just that.

I've had worse driving experiences from many companies with drivers having two hands on the wheels!
Guess the driver thought he was on the busway Big Grin
(22 Sep 2016, 10:19 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]Guess the driver thought he was on  the busway Big Grin

Don't see what the joke is.....
(23 Sep 2016, 4:22 pm)Y935 ERG wrote [ -> ]Don't see what the joke is.....

I assume everyone complaining always has 2 hands on the wheel! Took his hands off for maybe 2 seconds try driving a manual bus round a roundabout, changing gear, steering and indicating at the same time, there are times both hands are off wheel occasionaly.
Just paid £2.20 for a warm bottle of Diet Coke at Showbus. Took me 15 minutes to find somewhere to sell me one at that.
Seen as the football thread seems to be dead, I hope it is ok to post this here...

Sam Allardyce has been allegedly been dishing out advice for money on how to get round transfer issues such as third party ownership(what West Ham got nabbed for in 2007).

Wasn't Big Sams name mentioned around the same time Harry Redknapp and also didn't Terry Venables lose the England Job due to similar accusations back in 1996?

The following link and quote is taken from BBC Sport

Sam Allardyce: England manager allegations investigated by FA

BBC Sport wroteThe Football Association is investigating allegations England manager Sam Allardyce used his role to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offer advice on how to "get around" rules on player transfers.

The Telegraph has footage it says is from August of Allardyce meeting men claiming to represent a Far East firm and appearing to tell them that third-party ownership rules can be avoided.

The 61-year-old has yet to respond to the allegations, while the FA has asked to see the paper's filmed recordings.

It will meet on Tuesday morning when new chairman Greg Clarke and chief executive Martin Glenn must decide whether the issue is one of poor judgement or something more serious.

Allardyce was only named England boss in July, succeeding Roy Hodgson after a disastrous European Championship campaign.

The former Sunderland boss has been in charge for just one game.

"I want all the facts, to hear everything from everyone and make a judgement about what to do," Clarke told The Times.

"Natural justice requires us to get to the bottom of the issues before we make any decision. It is not appropriate to pre-judge the issue. With things like this you have to take a deep breath."

Third-party ownership of players was banned by the FA in 2008.

During the meeting with the businessmen, who were undercover reporters, it is alleged Allardyce said it was "not a problem" to bypass the rules and he knew of agents who were "doing it all the time".

It is further alleged by the paper that a deal was struck with the England boss worth £400,000 for him to represent the company to Far East investors and to be a keynote speaker at events.

Allardyce tells the undercover reporters that any arrangement would have to be cleared by the FA.

Third-party ownership, in which investment companies take a stake in the economic rights of players, was described as a form of "slavery" by Michel Platini, the former president of European football's governing body Uefa.

World football's governing body Fifa banned the practice in May last year.

Allardyce attended the meeting with the fictitious businessmen in London along with his agent, Mark Curtis, and his financial adviser, Shane Moloney.

During the meeting he said Enner Valencia had been under a third-party ownership agreement when he signed the Ecuador forward for £12m for West Ham from Mexican club Pachuca in 2014, but that the third-party ownership ended on the transfer and the Hammers acquired the player "whole".

Curtis and Moloney have not yet responded to the allegations.

In the Telegraph recording, Allardyce also refers to predecessor Hodgson, as "Woy", referencing his speech impediment.

He also criticises former assistant coach Gary Neville - saying Hodgson should have told him to "sit down and shut up" - as well as the FA's decision to "stupidly" rebuild Wembley Stadium at a cost of £870m.

Former Blackpool, Notts County, Bolton, Newcastle, Blackburn and West Ham manager Allardyce succeeded Hodgson, who quit after England were knocked out of Euro 2016 in the last 16 by Iceland.

He has had just one game in charge of the national side - a 1-0 win over Slovakia in a 2018 World Cup qualifier earlier this month.

He is due to name his squad on Sunday for the forthcoming World Cup qualifiers, including his first Wembley match in charge against Malta on 8 October (17:00 BST kick-off).

Former England international Chris Waddle told BBC Radio 5 live that Allardyce had been "naive" and was now in a difficult position.

He added: "They are only allegations but if true he will do well to keep his job. Hopefully there's nothing at the end of it and he continues."

It is not the first time allegations have been made against Allardyce following an investigation by journalists. A BBC Panorama programme in 2006 contained claims by an agent who said he had paid bungs to the then-Bolton boss.

Allardyce vehemently denied the claims and a subsequent FA investigation found no evidence of wrongdoing.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Oh dear!

but i can't help but laugh
Sam Allardyce Resigns

Guess it must be before they would have sacked him

(27 Sep 2016, 6:52 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Sam Allardyce Resigns

Guess it must be before they would have sacked him

HAHAHAHAHA

Shame he screwed Sunderland up when he left haha
(27 Sep 2016, 6:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]HAHAHAHAHA

Shame he screwed Sunderland up when he left haha
I thought he did a good job at Sunderland given the resources he had at the time and with everything going with Adam Johnson

Still, he leaves the job as Englands most successful full time manager with a 100% win rate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(28 Sep 2016, 11:27 am)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]I thought he did a good job at Sunderland given the resources he had at the time and with everything going with Adam Johnson

Still, he leaves the job as Englands most successful full time manager with a 100% win rate

I think he was lucky at Sunderland. His win ratio is average at best (33%) and his time at Sunderland was even lower than that.
He achieved the sort of win record that normally sees teams relegated.
Fortunately for him, there were three poorer teams (or just poorer managers) and one of those  teams (Villa) in total disarray off the field - going through three managers over the course of the season.

The rumours about Allardyce's off the field activities have been doing the rounds for years and I think it was only a matter of time before he was rumbled once and for all.
Apparently the Telegraph investigation had been going on for a good while and it was just a case of getting it all on film. Obviously the paper got this and as England manager (who needs to be whiter than white), it was enough.

I think the attitude shown by Allardyce and his contrition in blaming the paper, sums the guy up. He held his hands up about being caught, but is blaming the paper for setting him up. 
He shouldn't be going down that route at all in my opinion. Regardless of being set up or not.

I honestly think this is the tip of the iceberg and there will be other things emerge about him and others of his ilk. The Panorama investigation and police investigations later on couldn't find owt conclusive - but both the BBC and police obviously had something or someone to tip them off initially.
(28 Sep 2016, 12:38 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]I think he was lucky at Sunderland. His win ratio is average at best (33%) and his time at Sunderland was even lower than that.
He achieved the sort of win record that normally sees teams relegated.
Fortunately for him, there were three poorer teams (or just poorer managers) and one of those  teams (Villa) in total disarray off the field - going through three managers over the course of the season.

The rumours about Allardyce's off the field activities have been doing the rounds for years and I think it was only a matter of time before he was rumbled once and for all.
Apparently the Telegraph investigation had been going on for a good while and it was just a case of getting it all on film. Obviously the paper got this and as England manager (who needs to be whiter than white), it was enough.

I think the attitude shown by Allardyce and his contrition in blaming the paper, sums the guy up. He held his hands up about being caught, but is blaming the paper for setting him up. 
He shouldn't be going down that route at all in my opinion. Regardless of being set up or not.

I honestly think this is the tip of the iceberg and there will be other things emerge about him and others of his ilk.
Whether it sticks or not...
Best of a bad bunch for Sunderland at the time and his record says he has never been relegated from the Premiership, he turned Bolton into a decent side in the early-mid 00's, even getting them into Europe at one stage.

I wont say Allardyce is a spectacular manager, but he can do a job, which is why he was brought into Sunderland this time last year, the Harry Redknapp kind of manager, do a job with what little resources he has provided to him...

As for Sunderland, I reckon there luck will run out this year

Am I right in saying Terry Venables' downfall with England came under similat circumstances in 1996

(28 Sep 2016, 12:47 pm)MrFozz wrote [ -> ]Best of a bad bunch for Sunderland at the time and his record says he has never been relegated from the Premiership, he turned Bolton into a decent side in the early-mid 00's, even getting them into Europe at one stage.

I wont say Allardyce is a spectacular manager, but he can do a job, which is why he was brought into Sunderland this time last year, the Harry Redknapp kind of manager, do a job with what little resources he has provided to him...

As for Sunderland, I reckon there luck will run out this year

Am I right in saying Terry Venables' downfall with England came under similat circumstances in 1996

Without checking Google, I couldn't tell you.
I know he had bother in the past with taxes and I am sure there was some sort of court case with him and the then Spurs chairman (Irving Scholar ?).
I can't remember anything along the lines that were similar to Allardyce and offering advice on dodgy deals in addition to negotiating a deal worth almost half a million quid, to stand in front of an audience.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20