North East Buses

Full Version: Anything and Everything v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
No prizes for guessing where I'll be tomorrow!

Merry Christmas Wink
[Image: e81690abf6dbb1091e3108decf3ee8d8.jpg]
(25 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]No prizes for guessing where I'll be tomorrow!

In a state of rage when someone either spoils your photo-op or nearly mows you down on a bicycle or a mobility scooter would be my guess. Shame there's no prizes.
(25 Dec 2016, 12:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]In a state of rage when someone either spoils your photo-op or nearly mows you down on a bicycle or a mobility scooter would be my guess. Shame there's no prizes.
Unless I head to head to Aycliffe Town Centre and I find a coach, non of that will be possible tomorrow.
(25 Dec 2016, 12:22 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Unless I head to head to Aycliffe Town Centre and I find a coach, non of that will be possible tomorrow.

We're not getting any buses, either.

Thank goodness we do have a car. I've not even been able to persuade bigun to leave the house for a post prandial pokewalk. He reckons there's no point when there's nothing even open.
2016 strikes again...

George Michael haa died..

R.I.P
(25 Dec 2016, 11:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]2016 strikes again...

R.I.P

2016 already has its dick of the year award. What more does it want?

(It best keep its dirty hands off Maj)
(25 Dec 2016, 11:38 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]2016 already has its dick of the year award. What more does it want?

(It best keep its dirty hands off Maj)

Want to bet there's another shock death before 2017?.

2016 isn't finished with us yet.

R.I.P
Wonder how many more 'big name' artists (musicians) where their deaths (not necessarily in 2016) would cause such a great deal of upset from their fans on such a wide scale. About the biggest name I can come up with is Madonna. Anyone remember when Michael Jackson went, you could not escape from hearing about his demise and hearing his music and tributes, that was probably the biggest death of a musician in the 21st century so far.

The one that got to me this year was the passing of Bowie, listen to his songs now and I still can't quite believe that he's gone, especially as it came completely out of nowhere. Prince was another sad loss this year.
(26 Dec 2016, 12:09 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wonder how many more 'big name' artists (musicians) where their deaths (not necessarily in 2016) would cause such a great deal of upset from their fans on such a wide scale. About the biggest name I can come up with is Madonna. Anyone remember when Michael Jackson went, you could not escape from hearing about his demise and hearing his music and tributes, that was probably the biggest death of a musician in the 21st century so far.

The one that got to me this year was the passing of Bowie, listen to his songs now and I still can't quite believe that he's gone, especially as it came completely out of nowhere. Prince was another sad loss this year.

Yep, Bowie really threw me. I could often say , nah, not in the mood, about his stuff, but it was such a central part of the past 40 odd years of my life that his death totally floored me.
(26 Dec 2016, 12:09 am)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Wonder how many more 'big name' artists (musicians) where their deaths (not necessarily in 2016) would cause such a great deal of upset from their fans on such a wide scale. About the biggest name I can come up with is Madonna. Anyone remember when Michael Jackson went, you could not escape from hearing about his demise and hearing his music and tributes, that was probably the biggest death of a musician in the 21st century so far.

I normally pick favourite quotes from an artist's work, but with Bowie it's impossible. I love the references made in Life on Mars, the tone to Modern Love and the concept behind Starman. There's so much to appreciate with the music on any and every level.
I love a few of Princes songs, too. "I would die 4 u", "when doves cry", "purple rain" etc. With Michael, Careless Whisper has always been a classic.
I'm guilty of only noticing how good an artist was after they've passed, such as the fact I'd forgotten all about Modern Love, most of Prince's work and attitude, and the lower-lying work by Michael. It's sad that we're only forced good art down our throats once the leading figures have passed. It was the same with Gerry Rafferty, with 'Night owl'.. A song that had slipped me until his passing back in 2011. I don't look back with sadness at their work, it just provokes me to think about the lyrical content a bit more, especially with albums like Blackstar. Most songs tell a story that most overlook.

It's important to embrace and appreciate an artist's work, for they created work to last. Sometimes the less preferable content got the heavy MTV rotation, but I don't think any single one of the artists would want people to fuss over their disappearance, more just focus on their work and message.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

R.I.P
Definately been a shitty year for celeb deaths...

Beeb reporting it to believed he died from heart failure [CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Is it a bank holiday tomorrow?
(26 Dec 2016, 11:36 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Is it a bank holiday tomorrow?

Yes. It's Boxing Day hol tomorrow, today was for Xmas Day.  Normality resumes Wednesday...unless you're a bus company 

Next Monday is also a Bank Holiday
(26 Dec 2016, 11:40 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Yes. It's Boxing Day hol tomorrow, today was for Xmas Day.  Normality resumes Wednesday...unless you're a bus company 

Next Monday is also a Bank Holiday

Cheers, was just a little confused.
Liz Smith, who played Nana in the Royle Family, died on Christmas Eve aged 95.

BBC just had the 'Queen of Sheba' episode where her character dies on the other night too.
(27 Dec 2016, 10:55 am)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Liz Smith, who played Nana in the Royle Family, died on Christmas Eve aged 95.

BBC just had the 'Queen of Sheba' episode where her character dies on the other night too.

=(, another legend gone.

Why has 2016 been so brutal and it's still not over.

I watched that episode the other day.
Tip of the day - avoid the Metrocentre, it's rammed and traffic around there is building up as well.
(27 Dec 2016, 1:37 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Tip of the day - avoid the Metrocentre, it's rammed and traffic around there is building up as well.
People were parking on the nearby verges yesterday

(27 Dec 2016, 1:42 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]People were parking on the nearby verges yesterday

Just about every car park is full and getting around the shopping centre is murder. Managed to get out of the car park alive, how I don't know! considering everyone is too busy looking looking for parking spaces instead of looking where they are going, just about every junction where people had to give way to us, they cut out in front of us.
2016 strikes again....

R.I.P Carrie Fisher
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20