Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Deprecated: preg_replace(): Passing null to parameter #3 ($subject) of type array|string is deprecated in /home/northeas/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 5739

Anything and Everything v2 | North East Buses

Skip to main content

RE: Anything and Everything v2
(19 Dec 2016, 9:51 pm)Ds1197 wrote I was glad to hear my auntie and her boyfriend are okay but feel sad for everyone else envoled.

That's good, i bet they're shocked though.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
It's good that they are ok - there seem to be many more people who had been at the market from the UK last week. It's such a shame that people need to lose their lives in this awful and distressing way.

A suspect, believed to be the driver of the lorry, has been arrested and is in the process of being questioned by police.
(19 Dec 2016, 10:00 pm)Ds1197 wrote They are and scared.

Sad, i bet.

Hopefully they stay indoors, just in case of anymore attacks.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Dec 2016, 10:06 pm)S813 FVK wrote It's good that they are ok - there seem to be many more people who had been at the market from the UK last week. It's such a shame that people need to lose their lives in this awful and distressing way.

A suspect, believed to be the driver of the lorry, has been arrested and is in the process of being questioned by police.

Looks to be a Polish lorry, the news are saying, they aren't sure who's behind it atm but think the lorry could of been hijacked.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(25 Dec 2016, 10:06 am)Michael wrote Merry Christmas everyone!
To you too!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
Unregistered
RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016
(25 Dec 2016, 11:30 am)Ryan99 wrote Merry Christmas everyone , is anyone out tomorrow bus spotting newcastle ?
I'll be between Stanley and Newcastle, but I think it's rather more a game of driver spotting with me!

(25 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm)Jimmi wrote No prizes for guessing where I'll be tomorrow!

In a state of rage when someone either spoils your photo-op or nearly mows you down on a bicycle or a mobility scooter would be my guess. Shame there's no prizes.
(25 Dec 2016, 12:05 pm)MurdnunoC wrote In a state of rage when someone either spoils your photo-op or nearly mows you down on a bicycle or a mobility scooter would be my guess. Shame there's no prizes.
Unless I head to head to Aycliffe Town Centre and I find a coach, non of that will be possible tomorrow.
(25 Dec 2016, 12:22 pm)Jimmi wrote Unless I head to head to Aycliffe Town Centre and I find a coach, non of that will be possible tomorrow.

We're not getting any buses, either.

Thank goodness we do have a car. I've not even been able to persuade bigun to leave the house for a post prandial pokewalk. He reckons there's no point when there's nothing even open.
(25 Dec 2016, 11:06 pm)Michael wrote 2016 strikes again...

George Michael haa died..

R.I.P

2016 already has its dick of the year award. What more does it want?

(It best keep its dirty hands off Maj)
(25 Dec 2016, 11:38 pm)BusLoverMum wrote 2016 already has its dick of the year award. What more does it want?

(It best keep its dirty hands off Maj)

Want to bet there's another shock death before 2017?.

2016 isn't finished with us yet.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

R.I.P
Wonder how many more 'big name' artists (musicians) where their deaths (not necessarily in 2016) would cause such a great deal of upset from their fans on such a wide scale. About the biggest name I can come up with is Madonna. Anyone remember when Michael Jackson went, you could not escape from hearing about his demise and hearing his music and tributes, that was probably the biggest death of a musician in the 21st century so far.

The one that got to me this year was the passing of Bowie, listen to his songs now and I still can't quite believe that he's gone, especially as it came completely out of nowhere. Prince was another sad loss this year.
(26 Dec 2016, 12:09 am)Jimmi wrote Wonder how many more 'big name' artists (musicians) where their deaths (not necessarily in 2016) would cause such a great deal of upset from their fans on such a wide scale. About the biggest name I can come up with is Madonna. Anyone remember when Michael Jackson went, you could not escape from hearing about his demise and hearing his music and tributes, that was probably the biggest death of a musician in the 21st century so far.

The one that got to me this year was the passing of Bowie, listen to his songs now and I still can't quite believe that he's gone, especially as it came completely out of nowhere. Prince was another sad loss this year.

Yep, Bowie really threw me. I could often say , nah, not in the mood, about his stuff, but it was such a central part of the past 40 odd years of my life that his death totally floored me.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(26 Dec 2016, 12:09 am)Jimmi wrote Wonder how many more 'big name' artists (musicians) where their deaths (not necessarily in 2016) would cause such a great deal of upset from their fans on such a wide scale. About the biggest name I can come up with is Madonna. Anyone remember when Michael Jackson went, you could not escape from hearing about his demise and hearing his music and tributes, that was probably the biggest death of a musician in the 21st century so far.

I normally pick favourite quotes from an artist's work, but with Bowie it's impossible. I love the references made in Life on Mars, the tone to Modern Love and the concept behind Starman. There's so much to appreciate with the music on any and every level.
I love a few of Princes songs, too. "I would die 4 u", "when doves cry", "purple rain" etc. With Michael, Careless Whisper has always been a classic.
I'm guilty of only noticing how good an artist was after they've passed, such as the fact I'd forgotten all about Modern Love, most of Prince's work and attitude, and the lower-lying work by Michael. It's sad that we're only forced good art down our throats once the leading figures have passed. It was the same with Gerry Rafferty, with 'Night owl'.. A song that had slipped me until his passing back in 2011. I don't look back with sadness at their work, it just provokes me to think about the lyrical content a bit more, especially with albums like Blackstar. Most songs tell a story that most overlook.

It's important to embrace and appreciate an artist's work, for they created work to last. Sometimes the less preferable content got the heavy MTV rotation, but I don't think any single one of the artists would want people to fuss over their disappearance, more just focus on their work and message.

Marxista Fozzski

R.I.P
Definately been a shitty year for celeb deaths...

Beeb reporting it to believed he died from heart failure

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
(26 Dec 2016, 11:36 pm)Michael wrote Is it a bank holiday tomorrow?

Yes. It's Boxing Day hol tomorrow, today was for Xmas Day.  Normality resumes Wednesday...unless you're a bus company 

Next Monday is also a Bank Holiday
Wistfully stuck in the 90s
(26 Dec 2016, 11:40 pm)Ambassador wrote Yes. It's Boxing Day hol tomorrow, today was for Xmas Day.  Normality resumes Wednesday...unless you're a bus company 

Next Monday is also a Bank Holiday

Cheers, was just a little confused.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Liz Smith, who played Nana in the Royle Family, died on Christmas Eve aged 95.

BBC just had the 'Queen of Sheba' episode where her character dies on the other night too.
(27 Dec 2016, 10:55 am)S813 FVK wrote Liz Smith, who played Nana in the Royle Family, died on Christmas Eve aged 95.

BBC just had the 'Queen of Sheba' episode where her character dies on the other night too.

=(, another legend gone.

Why has 2016 been so brutal and it's still not over.

I watched that episode the other day.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jamie M
Unregistered
(27 Dec 2016, 1:37 pm)Jimmi wrote Tip of the day - avoid the Metrocentre, it's rammed and traffic around there is building up as well.
People were parking on the nearby verges yesterday

(27 Dec 2016, 1:42 pm)Jamie M wrote People were parking on the nearby verges yesterday

Just about every car park is full and getting around the shopping centre is murder. Managed to get out of the car park alive, how I don't know! considering everyone is too busy looking looking for parking spaces instead of looking where they are going, just about every junction where people had to give way to us, they cut out in front of us.