North East Buses

Full Version: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I know it is not Arriva NE, but I saw an Arriva London Double Decker on a low loader heading North past the Metro Centre this afternoon, unable to catch fleet number but think it began DLA
(15 Nov 2016, 9:59 pm)Coppercap40 wrote [ -> ]I know it is not Arriva NE, but I saw an Arriva London Double Decker on a low loader heading North past the Metro Centre this afternoon, unable to catch fleet number but think it began DLA

If its a DLA, Its a DAF DB250 bodied ALX400, For example Arriva's 7466 of Blyth depot.
(15 Nov 2016, 9:57 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Calling it a criminal offence is a tad of an overreaction, even the grumpiest of officers would struggle to be bothered to issue a penalty notice. Most likely they'd direct them to get the vehicle a new plate (without a set timescale)

The chances of the pulling service bus over for no front plate however range from not likely to never.

I would hardly call it an overreaction, it is actually a criminal offence to not have one displayed and believe me, some of the Traffic officers I speak to would not hesitate to pull any service vehicle over and have words with the driver.
(15 Nov 2016, 10:06 pm)Cobalt271 wrote [ -> ]I would hardly call it an overreaction, it is actually a criminal offence to not have one displayed and believe me, some of the Traffic officers I speak to would not hesitate to pull any service vehicle over and have words with the driver.

It's a huge overreaction, the bus simply wouldn't be pulled over. I see dozens of cars each day without front plates, they generally get stopped on suspicion.

A massive green bus with legal fleetnames, a rear plate and full of concessionary passes being pulled over won't happen.

Fairly moot point, plate will be replaced either now or before it re-enters service tomorrow
(15 Nov 2016, 9:57 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Calling it a criminal offence is a tad of an overreaction, even the grumpiest of officers would struggle to be bothered to issue a penalty notice. Most likely they'd direct them to get the vehicle a new plate (without a set timescale)

The chances of the pulling service bus over for no front plate however range from not likely to never.

I've seen a GNE mpd on Chester road been stopped by the police before because the license plate was covered in mud so it was unreadable, the bus driver didn't have nothing to wipe it clean so he had to wait until someone from deptford to come out to wipe it clean before he continue on with his journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(15 Nov 2016, 10:12 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]It's a huge overreaction, the bus simply wouldn't be pulled over. I see dozens of cars each day without front plates, they generally get stopped on suspicion.

A massive green bus with legal fleetnames, a rear plate and full of concessionary passes being pulled over won't happen.

Fairly moot point, plate will be replaced either now or before it re-enters service tomorrow

I like how you've gone from a 'tad' overreaction in your first statement to a huge one. Well it isn't either! All vehicles in this country have to display a number plate front and back so the driver, and company are (albeit unknowingly) committing a criminal offence under the Road Traffic Act of 1986. 

Cbma06 mentioned he saw an MPD in Chester pulled over so believe me, it does happen!
(15 Nov 2016, 10:14 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I've seen a GNE mpd on Chester road been stopped by the police before because the license plate was covered in mud so it was unreadable, the bus driver didn't have nothing to wipe it clean so he had to wait until someone from deptford to come out to wipe it clean before he continue on with his journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A driver requested someone to come out from the depot to run a rag over a mucky license plate? I bet management love him.
(15 Nov 2016, 10:20 pm)Cobalt271 wrote [ -> ]I like how you've gone from a 'tad' overreaction in your first statement to a huge one. Well it isn't either! All vehicles in this country have to display a number plate front and back so the driver, and company are (albeit unknowingly) committing a criminal offence under the Road Traffic Act of 1986. 

Cbma06 mentioned he saw an MPD in Chester pulled over so believe me, it does happen!

Not wanting to assume Ambassador's point - but laws are enforced by real humans, not robots. If the bus was pulled  I'm sure the officer and driver would laugh at the simple mistake and both would be on their way - content the plate would be put back on and Arriva aren't running a bus black market.
(15 Nov 2016, 9:03 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Something missing...
[Image: 22828535928_91cbb4f1f8.jpg]Arriva North East: 4662 / NK07FZE by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr
Whatever happened to number plate screws/caps?Huh
You can see that the number plate was fitted and as fallen off at some point in the journey, any officer with common senses would see this and tell the driver to get it replaced,

Or the driver might find it on the road going back
(15 Nov 2016, 10:05 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]If its a DLA, Its a DAF DB250 bodied ALX400, For example Arriva's 7466 of Blyth depot.

DLA620  KL52CXN 
DLA621  KL52 CXO
DLA622  KL52CXP
DLA624  KL52 CXS

Trainer conversion by Thorntons
(16 Nov 2016, 12:10 pm)trixmas2000 wrote [ -> ]DLA620  KL52CXN 
DLA621  KL52 CXO
DLA622  KL52CXP
DLA624  KL52 CXS

Trainer conversion by Thorntons

Cheers, Any idea which division there for?
(16 Nov 2016, 7:56 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote [ -> ]Cheers, Any idea which division there for?

Think they may go back down South to replace older ones (only London uses DD for training)
(16 Nov 2016, 8:28 pm)trixmas2000 wrote [ -> ]Think they may go back down South to replace older ones (only London uses DD for training)

Ah yes, There's a few S/T Reg Trainers down there isn't there?  DLA1 is preserved/going to be I believe, That was also used as a Driver trainer.
(16 Nov 2016, 12:03 pm)trixmas2000 wrote [ -> ]You can see that the number plate was fitted and as fallen off at some point in the journey, any officer with common senses would see this and tell the driver to get it replaced,

Or the driver might find it on the road going back

Yes. I'm with Ambassador. Would have to be an right ar**hole to press charges against the driver, given that there was plenty of other ways the bus could have been identified if need be.
Does anyone know why 1321 s front lower half has no fleet number or Arriva logo?
Anyone noticed that 1495 has been repainted at the back but hasnt gained the blue stripe on the bumper
(16 Nov 2016, 9:44 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Yes. I'm with Ambassador. Would have to be an right ar**hole to press charges against the driver, given that there was plenty of other ways the bus could have been identified if need be.

What about front facing speed cameras? I can't remember if there's any on the route, but they're certainly less discerning than a traffic cop.
(17 Nov 2016, 7:33 am)OW1762 wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know why 1321 s front lower half has no fleet number or Arriva logo?

I would guess it's had a crash and had new panels across the front and had to be thrown back out before they got chance to get the vinyls fitted.
(17 Nov 2016, 8:45 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]What about front facing speed cameras? I can't remember if there's any on the route, but they're certainly less discerning than a traffic cop.

Some of them just abuse their power,obviously never told that with great power comes great responsibility,pathetic honestly,buses are wide and sometimes cant exactly swerve around a massive puddle,and face it weve had alot of rain recently
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8