North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
6099 is out and about with sun fm today , Washington concord , houghton , Hetton , Sunderland
(19 Dec 2016, 4:35 pm)grandad wrote [ -> ]Talking of updates, I'm surprised there is so little interest in the Tynedale Express. In my experience, it carries good loads and the Scanias on at present handle the job well but they look tatty and are not the most comfortable.  It competes directly with the train which is getting a makeover in the near future and an improved timetable.  There is a lot of good quality building going on in Hexham at the moment - particularly at the East End. Most residents will travel to Newcastle for work and a high quality, quick and reliable service would attract business.

I'd like to see the TynedaleXpress receive an upgrade, I travelled on a X84 service last week and although the Scania performed well, it was very noisy with rattles and bangs, I think it was also in need of a deep clean and refurb, it was starting to look quite shabby and had a bit of an odd smell. 

(19 Dec 2016, 5:38 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]There is something strange going on with the X85/Arriva 685.
Arriva have retimed the 685 so that it now leaves Hexham towards Newcastle immediately in front of the X85.
Invariably they run nose to tail at least as far as Corbridge, where they both vie for space on the single bus stop.
Even when the 685 stops to pickup between Hexham and Corbridge the X85 seems to hang back and not overtake.

Interesting, I've often wondered whether GNE would be able to make enough to keep the X85 going, I think it is a good service which offers a decent alternative to using the train into Newcastle from either Hexham or Corbridge this being another reason for the TynedaleXpress to receive an upgrade, however it makes you wonder why it would stay behind Arrivas 685 between Hexham and Corbridge, whether or not this would continue running like that to Horsley or Heddon on the wall where they then split.

Let's hope there is nothing wrong with this service.
(21 Dec 2016, 12:21 am)thetravelman wrote [ -> ]I'd like to see the TynedaleXpress receive an upgrade, I travelled on a X84 service last week and although the Scania performed well, it was very noisy with rattles and bangs, I think it was also in need of a deep clean and refurb, it was starting to look quite shabby and had a bit of an odd smell. 

Interesting, I've often wondered whether GNE would be able to make enough to keep the X85 going, I think it is a good service which offers a decent alternative to using the train into Newcastle from either Hexham or Corbridge this being another reason for the TynedaleXpress to receive an upgrade, however it makes you wonder why it would stay behind Arrivas 685 between Hexham and Corbridge, whether or not this would continue running like that to Horsley or Heddon on the wall where they then split.

Let's hope there is nothing wrong with this service.

This is like the 21/X12 situation through Newcastle -> CLS

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
4932 new heating system very nice n toasty  Smile
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I've noted that 3890 has been debranded, and looks to have had a repaint.

Photoed of it here (with the rest of the DFDS buses I photoed this morning) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
(21 Dec 2016, 12:19 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I've noted that 3890 has been debranded, and looks to have had a repaint.

Photoed of it here (with the rest of the DFDS buses I photoed this morning) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
Yeah, it has been mentioned, can't remember where though!
Is the repaint just to freshen-up the presentation of the buses?

(21 Dec 2016, 12:35 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Yeah, it has been mentioned, can't remember where though!
Is the repaint just to freshen-up the presentation of the buses?

On the news:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/item.php?operatorF=2&fleetnoF=3890
I wouldn't say it was two tone pink like. Just seems Pink and White to me.
(21 Dec 2016, 3:25 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]I wouldn't say it was two tone pink like. Just seems Pink and White to me.

It's just from google like but:

two-tone
adjective
  1. 1. 
    having two different shades or colours.
    "a two-tone jacket"

Ah I see, I always see two tone as in two different shades. Blame British Railways for having two tone Green Class 47s.
Still no NSAs on indiGo or Quaylink. Any idea when they'll be put on?
(21 Dec 2016, 4:35 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Still no NSAs on indiGo or Quaylink. Any idea when they'll be put on?

Percy Main started to upload the announcements to the indiGo buses yesterday.

There is a fault with the system that helps piece together the announcements for the Quaylink, Citylink and TEN which is being looked into by Hanover.
(21 Dec 2016, 4:38 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Percy Main started to upload the announcements to the indiGo buses yesterday.

There is a fault with the system that helps piece together the announcements for the Quaylink, Citylink and TEN which is being looked into by Hanover.

Great thank you Smile
5217 has returned to CLS. On the 28 today.
Is 5334 at Deptford yet?
(21 Dec 2016, 5:36 pm)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]Is 5334 at Deptford yet?

No - it should transfer over once 691 enters service.
(21 Dec 2016, 5:41 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]No - it should transfer over once 691 enters service.

I'm sure that I saw 5334 on either the 9 or 60 on Monday, unless it was just on loan from Peterlee depot.
(21 Dec 2016, 5:47 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'm sure that I saw 5334 on either the 9 or 60 on Monday, unless it was just on loan from Peterlee depot.

You may well have done - the fleet list on here says that 5334 remains at Deptford while the official GNE fleet allocation shows 5334 as having transferred to Deptford with 5336 remaining in service at Peterlee.

(21 Dec 2016, 5:41 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]No - it should transfer over once 691 enters service.

(21 Dec 2016, 5:47 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]I'm sure that I saw 5334 on either the 9 or 60 on Monday, unless it was just on loan from Peterlee depot.

(21 Dec 2016, 5:51 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]You may well have done - the fleet list on here says that 5334 remains at Deptford while the official GNE fleet allocation shows 5334 as having transferred to Deptford with 5336 remaining in service at Peterlee.

5333 - 5336 are all now at Deptford. Until 691 enters service, an "indiGo" branded Solo SR is being allocated daily.

5336 did initially transfer to Deptford following repaint but was returned to Peterlee as this example was the only one left with Wi-Fi. It was intended that this would remain in service pending the entry into service of 691, but it hasn't returned to Peterlee since the Wi-Fi kit was removed from it (this work was undertaken at Deptford).

I'll update the fleet lists tomorrow morning.

5333 and 5335 were the first two to transfer over once the X6/X7 Service revisions started a few weeks back, 5336 transferred over a few days after, I'm led to believe 5334 transferred over around 2-3 days ago.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Talking about the 9, The official allocation is 4 Mercedes O530Ns and 2 Corporate Scania L94UB's.
The Citaro's from what I've seen tend to stay out all night, But I believe they don't have set boards for each type.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28