North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(16 Mar 2017, 8:35 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]If the rumour of the 34/34A getting Solo SR's is true, do we think at least some of the Lambton Worms could go to Deptford?

Think Deptford might receive 2, 1 to replace 8328 and a spare and 2 to Riverside?

Or 3 to Deptford and 1 to Riverside

If that happens, just speculation at the moment.
(16 Mar 2017, 7:25 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]That sounds better, least then they can loose some of those horrid ex London deckers......

I don't think there would be enough Omnicities from Riverside for the 6/X70/X71, the PVR is 10 i think?

The Omnicities at Stanley are Knackered  (X30 today sounded like a bag of hammers with constant engine Screesh..)  I had hoped for the ex DD Citaros to come back to Stanley for a re-branded 6, X30/31, X70/71 maybe a New Northern & Northern Express linked brand reflecting the heritage and established  nature of Northern in the Stanley /Consett area. Venture to continue with feeder routes into Stanley and Consett ( Venture was known as the "little bus" v Northern as the Big bus / Inter city service from the 60's onwards until Go-Ahead buyout) - Think this would still work, but new/ full service & feature buses required for 6/X30/X70 services. Current eqpt. fall way below expectations for such long and important routes. - If not New buses maybe cascaded "Newer" deckers from Ten or Red Arrows with full WiFi, Route Announcements & Power sockets etc...

I would also question Express services duplicating local routes from Sunniside to Newcastle. Maybe these could become limited stop, where local services can feed into hubs like Metro Centre (for some stops served by X30/1,& 6) & Gateshead interchange for X70/1, X31 etc..)

Maybe fresh brands like "Magpie (link with D Diamond / Newcastle "Magpies link to Diamond") Expresses could become a new version of "Swift" (Fast Link) - Both Magpie & Swift could be stylised/ brand executed similar to Red Kite and could be High Profile linking all West Durham services under a similar theme/s
Just bring the West Durham Swift brand back - I did rather like it.
(16 Mar 2017, 9:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Just bring the West Durham Swift brand back - I did rather like it.

It was a canny brand, can't see it coming back though.
(16 Mar 2017, 9:10 pm)S813 FVK wrote [ -> ]Just bring the West Durham Swift brand back - I did rather like it.

Yes, Would look good with similar depiction as executed on Red Kite brand (But obviously with image of Swift) for Express services 30/70
[Image: article-0-025DCEA7000004B0-855_634x325.jpg]

and Magpie ("Magpies catch Diamonds" possible tag line?) promoting link to  Durham Diamond service 16 at Stanley where previous Diamond 43/44 (which served Newcastle through to Durham) was split in half for service no. 6 (Ex other half part of Diamond 43/44) :

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk_Aj0ybUPNb9uD2Ng5MS...FMboW8p0nA]

This would re-establish the link through to Durham albeit with change of bus at Stanley.
(16 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]Yes, Would look good with similar depiction as executed on Red Kite brand (But obviously with image of Swift) for Express services 30/70

and Magpie ("Magpies catch Diamonds" possible tag line?) promoting link to  Durham Diamond service 16 at Stanley where previous Diamond 43/44 (which served Newcastle through to Durham) was split in half for service no. 6 (Ex other half part of Diamond 43/44) :

This would re-establish the link through to Durham albeit with change of bus at Stanley.

Daft thing is, catching the X30/31 then the diamond from NES to DBS often takes no longer than the Angel - if there's congestion on Durham road, the 65 minute journey soon becomes 75 minutes. Either way, whether I go via Stanley or straight through on the Angel, I catch the same bus home from Durham! (I normally only bother if I've missed the X21)
Do the 12/12A justify having single deckers, everytime I see one theres either nobody on or a handful of passengers? Could easily have a Solo on there.
(16 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm)Venturego wrote [ -> ]Yes, Would look good with similar depiction as executed on Red Kite brand (But obviously with image of Swift) for Express services 30/70

Hello there Venturego.

That is a very good idea. Very reminiscent of the thinking from the marketing team at British Rail, when looking at rebranding the high speed, premium InterCity 125 trains in the mid 80's. That thinking was successful for B.R. So, why not here? Also, why was the 'West Durham Swift' brand dropped? I did like that one too. Very descriptive of the services.
Anyone when Wear Xpress Citaros will be in Sunderland
(16 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm)Quantumspotter wrote [ -> ]Hello there Venturego.

That is a very good idea. Very reminiscent of the thinking from the marketing team at British Rail, when looking at rebranding the high speed, premium InterCity 125 trains in the mid 80's. That thinking was successful for B.R. So, why not here? Also, why was the 'West Durham Swift' brand dropped? I did like that one too. Very descriptive of the services.
It's a pretty weak brand. It may be relevant to the surroundings but the 6/X70/X71 always remain low during any day. It's the same reason the "Northern" brand was phased out after some 17 months.

I personaly think the corporate liveries should be reserved for flagship services or those which represent former consumed companies.
(17 Mar 2017, 10:00 am)Ds1197 wrote [ -> ]Anyone when Wear Xpress Citaros will be in Sunderland

5285 will be on the 14:29 and 17:47 X5 out of Sunderland.
(17 Mar 2017, 12:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]5285 will be on the 14:29 and 17:47 X5 out of Sunderland.

Thanks Dan
One of my mates told me theirs a yellow go north east solo parked at the metrocentre
(17 Mar 2017, 1:16 pm)jimmoc wrote [ -> ]One of my mates told me theirs a yellow go north east solo parked at the metrocentre
I saw a photo on Facebook of Venture base liveried Solo 713 parked in Metrocentre Bus Station this morning.
Does anyone know what the times are that the T1 runs from Tesco in Consett

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
(17 Mar 2017, 2:12 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know what the times are that the T1 runs from Tesco in Consett

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

I've seen it running before, but not sure if it was on time. There's no excuses, it Asda run to schedule. It gets cold up in Consett. Even in summer, its like Iceland up there. In the winter, there's Morrisons to hope it comes on time. There's Lidl chance of me hanging around Aldi waiting for it at this time of year, before Tesco back to the depot.

#hereallweek
#sorrynotsorry
Wasn't getting on it just wanted a photo as was up there for shopping and from the time it came think it comes about quarter to the hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(17 Mar 2017, 4:41 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ]Wasn't getting on it just wanted a photo as was up there for shopping and from the time it came think it comes about quarter to the hour.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It says on the bus station at consett what times it departs from. Like 3 times between 11 and 2?
Following the entry into service of former Plymouth Citybus Solo 713 at Stanley, Solo SR 650 has been released to Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery ahead of impending cascade to Percy Main.

710 and 711 are also now at Stanley, with 712 and 714 due to arrive at Stanley by the end of next week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(17 Mar 2017, 7:44 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Following the entry into service of former Plymouth Citybus Solo 713 at Stanley, Solo SR 650 has been released to Saltmeadows Road for repaint into Go North East's corporate livery ahead of impending cascade to Percy Main.

710 and 711 are also now at Stanley, with 712 and 714 due to arrive at Stanley by the end of next week.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Any chance on Sunday, you could make a full list of cascades or cascades yet to take place?, if you aren't busy, please.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21