North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(19 Mar 2017, 6:14 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Was he?, i only ever asked him, he never replied haha

That's kind of rude don't you think?

After all, you reply to things people ask of you.
(19 Mar 2017, 6:23 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]That's kind of rude don't you think?

After all, you reply to things people ask of you.

Alright, don't have to get all sarcastic.
(19 Mar 2017, 6:32 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]I would not classify this as rudeness.

It's kinda like the phone ringing situation, too. If somebody calls you during a stressful time etc and you do not want to respond, the polite thing to do is simply to not reply at all, as it's common knowledge that this is an indication that the party is somewhat busy or not near the telephone to know about it. What would be rude is if the party picked up and on vulgar terms told them to "go away" and slammed the phone down. This clearly isn't the case here [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Thanks for clarifying. Sometime when people ring me at an inconvenient time, I pick the phone up and slam it back down without saying anything. I guess that makes me kid of rude albeit not the kind of rude which verges on vulgarity.
Not a list - but for anyone interested, the news page has been updated.
(19 Mar 2017, 7:32 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Not a list - but for anyone interested, the news page has been updated.

Thanks Dan
Saw a 42A today and it looked like the scrolling destinations were in the wrong order as the destination to Kingston Park looked to start with ''via Newcastle Airport'' - could have been wrong though?
(19 Mar 2017, 5:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It was VOR from the start of January to the start of February, as it required an engine overhaul.

It was sent to Volvo on Crowther Industrial Estate in Washington on 02/02/2017, and deemed uneconomical to repair about a week later. It has been at Saltmeadows Road in storage whilst awaiting disposal since 13/02/2017.

Good... it's the only B7 I didn't like. As the drivers seat was awful and cockeyed lol
(19 Mar 2017, 9:39 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Saw a 42A today and it looked like the scrolling destinations were in the wrong order as the destination to Kingston Park looked to start with ''via Newcastle Airport'' - could have been wrong though?

Drivers are supposed to display on the north shields to dinnington part of the route 'dinnington for kingston park' then change at dinnington to kingston park via newcastle airport.
(19 Mar 2017, 10:25 pm)dannygee wrote [ -> ]Drivers are supposed to display on the north shields to dinnington part of the route 'dinnington for kingston park' then change at dinnington to kingston park via newcastle airport.

Ah that will explain it then, cheers
5290 has returned from refurbishment, and is now painted in Wear Xpress plum.

[Image: 32710022104_94cc096157.jpg]
Go North East - 5290 - NK08CGF by aureolindn, on Flickr
How long before 651 goes for a repaint. Just hoping to get a picture of it tomorrow. Also is 653 branded wrong too?
Has 5248 or 5249 transferred to Stanley?, sure I seen a new corporate liveried scania on the 45/46 earlier.
(20 Mar 2017, 2:33 pm)GX03 wrote [ -> ]Has 5248 or 5249 transferred to Stanley?, sure I seen a new corporate liveried scania on the 45/46 earlier.

Yes - 5248 and 5249 are transferring to Stanley in exchange for 5337 and 5338

5248 was the Scania you saw on the Red Kites:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/3273...ateposted/
5249 still at Washington for the moment. On 5/50S as usual today
Had the indigo solo left peterlee to north Tyneside yet?. Just that 698 is doing service work at peterlee while an indigo is doing staff shuttles and service 700 at deptford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(21 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Had the indigo solo left peterlee to north Tyneside yet?. Just that 698 is doing service work at peterlee while an indigo is doing staff shuttles and service 700 at deptford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has. Photoed it on the 40 this morning.
Wonder which service will receive WIFI next?, not including the service(s) which will gain the ex Blaydon Racer Citaro's.

I think the Loop will get the Citaro's, 9 Citaro's - 8 for the PVR plus one spare, the Loop Scania's to replace older Scania's in the fleet and the 3 remaining B10's. 

In the 2017/2018 financial year, i think the Green/Blue Arrow will receive new buses, hence why i think the "Loop" will receive the ex Blaydon Racer ones.
(21 Mar 2017, 5:57 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Wonder which service will receive WIFI next?, not including the service(s) which will gain the ex Blaydon Racer Citaro's.

I think the Loop will get the Citaro's, 9 Citaro's - 8 for the PVR plus one spare, the Loop Scania's to replace older Scania's in the fleet and the 3 remaining B10's. 

In the 2017/2018 financial year, i think the Green/Blue Arrow will receive new buses, hence why i think the "Loop" will receive the ex Blaydon Racer ones.

I agree with Blue Arrow and Green Arrow getting new buses, especially as the 11 seems to be growing in passenger numbers (probably as people around here still don't know which bus goes where!)

See a few 11s with high passenger numbers heading towards Newcastle from Wallsend but never seems to be as busy heading back for some reason.
(21 Mar 2017, 6:58 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]I agree with Blue Arrow and Green Arrow getting new buses, especially as the 11 seems to be growing in passenger numbers (probably as people around here still don't know which bus goes where!)

See a few 11s with high passenger numbers heading towards Newcastle from Wallsend but never seems to be as busy heading back for some reason.

Don't know why they don't withdraw the gateshead terminating 1s now that the 11 is on during the day  most passengers seem to just get on first to arrive now. Also stand C is getting ridiculous at gateshead as services 1. 11 and 53 all stand ages before departure and it's crazy for those of us trying to get 28A or 29. The latter two should relocate to stand D now that doesn't get used except for metro replacement.
Are the 2 Venture Solos now based at Percy Main going to be repainted for their New duties at Percy Main or are they likely to stay in Venture colours with the view that they will return to Stanley once suitable vehicles have been sourced for Percy Mains duties.

Likewise is the Indigo East Durham Solo now based at Percy Main likely to have its branding updated to reflect that of Indigo North Tyne?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21