North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(23 Sep 2018, 6:43 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I wonder what the frequency of the Sunderland to shields section would of been on the 20/20A due to the hold ups at gilesgate, should of sent the 60 to shields and have the 20/20A only between Sunderland and Durham only as Durham is unpredictable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The site isn't letting me upload photos at the moment, so can't show the screen shots I took from the app. 

At the time of the two 20A's heading towards Shields, there was a 20 coming down Seaham Road in to Houghton. 
There was another 20 between Barnes gyratory and Sunderland City centre.
There was nothing in the Raintons.

The two in my example were on Houghton cut and had been following each other since at least Rainton Bridge when I first saw them running together. 

(I just want to clarify that I was out and about yesterday both in the car and using public transport and wasn't following buses on the app).
(23 Sep 2018, 8:46 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The site isn't letting me upload photos at the moment, so can't show the screen shots I took from the app. 

At the time of the two 20A's heading towards Shields, there was a 20 coming down Seaham Road in to Houghton. 
There was another 20 between Barnes gyratory and Sunderland City centre.
There was nothing in the Raintons.

The two in my example were on Houghton cut and had been following each other since at least Rainton Bridge when I first saw them running together. 

(I just want to clarify that I was out and about yesterday both in the car and using public transport and wasn't following buses on the app).

Dunno why they didn't just swap the pax over at rainton bridge and send the very late one to turn around at belmont or where-ever it was due to be running out of Durham next. I don't think 2 vehicles should ever get the chance to be running in parallel but that's idealism for you.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
(23 Sep 2018, 8:53 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Dunno why they didn't just swap the pax over at rainton bridge and send the very late one to turn around at belmont or where-ever it was due to be running out of Durham next. I don't think 2 vehicles should ever get the chance to be running in parallel but that's idealism for you.

It happens in some circumstances, particularly on high frequency routes. It's inevitable there will be some kissy catchy. 
I accept that. 

Following each other for quite a big proportion of the route on a 20min frequency though? Poor management.
speaking of high frequency routes... I was on my way to St james on a Saturday for the match. Got to low fell to catch 21. Bigger queue than normal at bus stop. Waited about 15 minutes and there in the distance a 21 at last!!! As it got closer it looked empty... and had Sorry not is service on. As he passes drive makes action with his hand suggesting there is a bus behind.... and there was but it was full!! Next one came about 10 minutes later and was almost full picking up about 10% of waiting customers. I let 5 past including the NIS one before I got on one. Missed my pints before game for first time ever!
(23 Sep 2018, 8:34 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Why? What would that achieve?

Reliability isn't an issue, other than on match days when Sunderland play at home. In this instance all that needs to be done is for the service to be regulated effectively on a match day to combat late-running.

By no means should a re-hash of the services in Sunderland be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree, in general the 20A seems to be much more reliable these days, certainly during the working week.
Completely different note but 718 has now transferred to Peterlee.

658 is VOR for inspection today but hopefully should be swapped back over tomorrow, which is when 5206 will leave Peterlee and all service allocations at Peterlee should be restored to how they were prior to the conversion of service X6/X7 to Scania L94 to release minibuses.

(23 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Completely different note but 718 has now transferred to Peterlee.

658 is VOR for inspection today but hopefully should be swapped back over tomorrow, which is when 5206 will leave Peterlee and all service allocations at Peterlee should be restored to how they were prior to the conversion of service X6/X7 to Scania L94 to release minibuses.

Where are our beloved rattlebox solar-systems going to?

(23 Sep 2018, 12:20 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Where are our beloved rattlebox solar-systems going to?

5206 could go back to Chester, as it was allocated there before it moved to Peterlee.
(23 Sep 2018, 1:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]5206 could go back to Chester, as it was allocated there before it moved to Peterlee.
Not sure if they need it though.. unless spare vehicles are on the up like they should be!

(23 Sep 2018, 1:08 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Not sure if they need it though.. unless spare vehicles are on the up like they should be!

It'll end up somewhere, as it has the modifications, so either way 1 depot will gain an extra spare.
(23 Sep 2018, 1:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]It'll end up somewhere, as it has the modifications, so either way 1 depot will gain an extra spare.
Hopefully washy or salties to cover for bluestar refurbs/repaints so one less of those things can end up in public.

(23 Sep 2018, 12:18 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Completely different note but 718 has now transferred to Peterlee.

You'd think 718 would go to Percy Main so 654 could go back to Peterlee.
(23 Sep 2018, 1:18 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Hopefully washy or salties to cover for bluestar refurbs/repaints so one less of those things can end up in public.

The Bluestar Citaro's are only getting a repaint, as they won't be in the fleet long.
(23 Sep 2018, 1:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The Bluestar Citaro's are only getting a repaint, as they won't be in the fleet long.

The amount of repaints that get done on there fleet, it’s a shame that Arriva couldn’t pay GNE to paint some of there own as most buses in different livery’s are outdated and shambolic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(23 Sep 2018, 1:21 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The Bluestar Citaro's are only getting a repaint, as they won't be in the fleet long.
How long are we talking?
(23 Sep 2018, 1:55 pm)JM03 wrote [ -> ]How long are we talking?
About 12 meters each

(23 Sep 2018, 1:55 pm)JM03 wrote [ -> ]How long are we talking?

I heard a couple of years but could be less, as the Scania's should hopefully start to be replaced next year when the contracts runs out for the council funding.... which in someway i would be gutted, as the Scania's are brilliant but i can't see the Scania's replacing them.

After the Scania's i would imagine the Versa's would be the next to go in a spare role (god help us).
(23 Sep 2018, 2:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]I heard a couple of years but could be less, as the Scania's should hopefully start to be replaced next year when the contracts runs out for the council funding.... which in someway i would be gutted, as the Scania's are brilliant but i can't see the Scania's replacing them.

After the Scania's i would imagine the Versa's would be the next to go in a spare role (god help us).

Whatever is allocated to the 67/69 services is usually the lowest priority of vehicle. The 09 plate versas aren't even Euro 5. Wouldn't be surprised if they just canned the 09 plate versas and kept those mercs as spares. Probably could draw a reliability based conclusion too, or I hope. I have bad dreams about those groaning, badly presented things. Saying that, I probably groan more than those things do..  Big Grin Big Grin

5206 and 5213 both working duties at Peterlee today on 206/X6.
(24 Sep 2018, 5:29 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]5206 and 5213 both working duties at Peterlee today on 206/X6.

718 has gone back to Saltmeadows Road for internal seat modifications - 5206 to be retained at Peterlee until these are complete.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12