North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2018
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Looks like the reason Percy Main needed another decker is because they operate the afternoon 665 instead of Saltmeadows. I thought it was strange that Saltmeadows operated anyway unless it done something else after.
The AD122 ends next Sunday, will the Solo's be withdrawn for repairs?, if so where will they end up after until the AD122 re-starts again next year?

Have 619, 4942 and 4944 been withdrawn yet?
(21 Sep 2018, 2:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]The AD122 ends next Sunday, will the Solo's be withdrawn for repairs?, if so where will they end up after until the AD122 re-starts again next year?

Could see it going to Percy Main, still has 654
(21 Sep 2018, 4:03 pm)JM03 wrote [ -> ]Could see it going to Percy Main, still has 654

Could go back to Peterlee again as there still short, would of thought the baby solos would go to Peterlee than Washington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Has the 168 moved to Washington as I was told solo 705 has moved back to Washington
686 has a full amber led display replacing it's previous white one which must of been faulty, looks horrendous given it still has side/rear white led's.
(21 Sep 2018, 6:12 pm)jimmoc wrote [ -> ]Has the 168 moved to Washington as I was told solo 705 has moved back to  Washington

No it’s still at Chester-Le-Street, 708 is the bus for the 168
(21 Sep 2018, 7:18 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]No it’s still at Chester-Le-Street, 708 is the bus for the 168

Thank you
When will 619 be withdrawn? as it is out on 686 today.
(22 Sep 2018, 12:28 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]When will 619 be withdrawn? as it is out on 686 today.

Looks like it'll be after the AD122 finishes next week now.
Just seen two 20A's running together.
Surely there has to be a better way of managing the Durham delays?
(22 Sep 2018, 2:40 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just seen two 20A's running together.
Surely there has to be a better way of managing the Durham delays?

Terminate them at Claypath
(22 Sep 2018, 2:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Terminate them at Claypath

Doesn't help people who need onward connections, though. There would need to be a bus waiting to take them to the bus station.
(22 Sep 2018, 2:49 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Terminate them at Claypath

I should have said that they were both Shields bound. 
Guessing they were pretty close Durham bound too like. 

Houghton would have been an ideal place to consolidate loads.
I wonder what the frequency of the Sunderland to shields section would of been on the 20/20A due to the hold ups at gilesgate, should of sent the 60 to shields and have the 20/20A only between Sunderland and Durham only as Durham is unpredictable

(23 Sep 2018, 6:43 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I wonder what the frequency of the Sunderland to shields section would of been on the 20/20A due to the hold ups at gilesgate, should of sent the 60 to shields and have the 20/20A only between Sunderland and Durham only as Durham is unpredictable

The 60?! The 60 is worse than the 20 for reliability due to Seaham being unpredictable for most of the day. 

There’s nothing wrong with the reliability of the 20 outside peak times. Yesterday was only bad due to the perfect storm the 15 times a year Sunderland play at home on and a busy Saturday in Durham.
(23 Sep 2018, 7:27 am)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]The 60?! The 60 is worse than the 20 for reliability due to Seaham being unpredictable for most of the day. 

There’s nothing wrong with the reliability of the 20 outside peak times. Yesterday was only bad due to the perfect storm the 15 times a year Sunderland play at home on and a busy Saturday in Durham.

The 20 should go back to Sunderland to Durham only with a new route between Sunderland and South Shields.
(23 Sep 2018, 8:30 am)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]The 20 should go back to Sunderland to Durham only with a new route between Sunderland and South Shields.
Why? What would that achieve?

Reliability isn't an issue, other than on match days when Sunderland play at home. In this instance all that needs to be done is for the service to be regulated effectively on a match day to combat late-running.

By no means should a re-hash of the services in Sunderland be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(23 Sep 2018, 8:34 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Why? What would that achieve?

Reliability isn't an issue, other than on match days when Sunderland play at home. In this instance all that needs to be done is for the service to be regulated effectively on a match day to combat late-running.

By no means should a re-hash of the services in Sunderland be necessary.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Put it on the end of 8/78/78A..! It's such an obvious missing link between Pelton and Cleadon!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
(23 Sep 2018, 8:38 am)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Put it on the end of 8/78/78A..! It's such an obvious missing link between Pelton and Cleadon!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

As long as it gets there via Lambton it would be good.... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12