North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
727 is the final of the trio of Sunderland Connect Solos to be delivered.

[Image: 32816740578_1ec8753763.jpg]Go North East: 0727 / NK68BZX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr
(10 Jan 2019, 6:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]727 is the final of the trio of Sunderland Connect Solos to be delivered.

[Image: 32816740578_1ec8753763.jpg]Go North East: 0727 / NK68BZX by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Blue accent lighting fitted on the stairwell Dan?  Tongue
(10 Jan 2019, 6:13 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Blue accent lighting fitted on the stairwell Dan?  Tongue

That description may have been poached from a different photo...  Blush

(10 Jan 2019, 6:26 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Looking forward to seeing them branded, any idea when they'll get branded?

All being well they'll be out in service by the end of next week, so should be branded at the start of the week.
(10 Jan 2019, 6:28 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]All being well they'll be out in service by the end of next week, so should be branded at the start of the week.

Cool thanks

Have NEXUS updated the stop announcements yet, so they sound better?, how long does it take to fit a stop announcement?
(10 Jan 2019, 6:06 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]727 is the final of the trio of Sunderland Connect Solos to be delivered.

That blue looks very smart
Will 4978-81 ever get repained. Was happy to see 4982 in new livery back in the summer but they never getting painted. Also only see maybe once a week if lucky now on the 19
Are Go North East still running the extra X21's tomorrow between Bishop and Framwellgate Moor.
6116/7 are transfering back to percy main. Juat sawthem on the coastroad bridge at the end of battle hill drive NIS driven by fitters when I was there on the 309
Any news on when the Cobalt Clippers and Fab 56 will finally get a makeover?
(12 Jan 2019, 9:52 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Any news on when the Cobalt Clippers and Fab 56 will finally get a makeover?

I would say in the next couple of months because priority at the minute, will be the 3 new Solo SR's for the Sunderland Connect, getting them checked and branded so they can enter service asap.

Wonder what the council will do with the Hybrid Solo's?
I'd hope they'd do something with the Fab 56. The orange flower branding has seen its day in my opinion.
(12 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I'd hope they'd do something with the Fab 56. The orange flower branding has seen its day in my opinion.

I 100% agree, time remove the flowers from the brand.
(12 Jan 2019, 12:52 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I'd hope they'd do something with the Fab 56. The orange flower branding has seen its day in my opinion.
Think it's had its day for a few years now like

The night bus version looks quite smart. But after 10 years of association and integration, would a complete overhaul of the brand have the desired effect of patronage?

I think the only way to successfully implement such a change would be to overhaul the route as well such as introducing an X56 to enable faster journey times between Newcastle and Sunderland or a limited stop between Concord and Sunderland during the day
(12 Jan 2019, 1:17 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]The night bus version looks quite smart. But after 10 years of association and integration, would a complete overhaul of the brand have the desired effect of patronage?

I think the only way to successfully implement such a change would be to overhaul the route as well such as introducing an X56 to enable faster journey times between Newcastle and Sunderland or a limited stop between Concord and Sunderland during the day

Could have one via Waterview Park and Enterprise Park by putting the 8 back to Chester Road and renumbering it 77.
(12 Jan 2019, 1:22 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Could have one via Waterview Park and Enterprise Park by putting the 8 back to Chester Road and renumbering it 77.
Metro is the express to Sunderland.
(12 Jan 2019, 1:17 pm)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]The night bus version looks quite smart. But after 10 years of association and integration, would a complete overhaul of the brand have the desired effect of patronage?

I quite like the X24 for that, but it perhaps works because its a completely new route, rather than trying to change an existing. That is the only way you could really introduce an X56, because you'd create capacity issues either on Old Durham Road in Gateshead or on the Southwick side in Sunderland, depending on which side you looked at to try and speed up journey times.
(12 Jan 2019, 1:22 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Could have one via Waterview Park and Enterprise Park by putting the 8 back to Chester Road and renumbering it 77.

I work down Hylton retail park way (more towards the Queen Alex Bridge) and i don't agree on re-routing the 8 from that area, even if hourly, if that happens, we'll only have the 36, which stops running after 6pm, that means they'll be no bus service until 8pm.

Currently the 8 and 36 come within about 5-10 minutes of each other.... i would like it so one of them is retimed so it'll be more spread out, although that means the 35 or 78 will have to be retimed too.
(12 Jan 2019, 1:25 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]Metro is the express to Sunderland.
Yeah, but some people like to get to their destination
(12 Jan 2019, 1:38 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]I quite like the X24 for that, but it perhaps works because its a completely new route, rather than trying to change an existing. That is the only way you could really introduce an X56, because you'd create capacity issues either on Old Durham Road in Gateshead or on the Southwick side in Sunderland, depending on which side you looked at to try and speed up journey times.

Yes a limited stop on Old Durham Road would be detrimental as it's the only bus that stops at all stops. The 57, X1 58 and X25 are all limited stop or only cover half the stretch
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17