North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

(25 Jun 2019, 11:51 am)OrangeArrow49 Wrote: [ -> ]

Thank you for the information.

Is GNE operating the Metro replacement between Chichester and South Shields? Are Day Rovers accepted? What timetable will be operating at Chichester during the line closure?

When they did this last time, it was a 4 minute journey and a PVR of 1 or 2. They just ran in line with the metro schedule on the NEXUS website but i found it to just run whenever tbh. The contract is still open for grabs i think

is 6132 on loan to Washington? Clocked it on the app on the X1
6333's turn, this afternoon - had an Alpha truck in attendance in CLS.

(25 Jun 2019, 6:24 pm)BusLoverMum Wrote: [ -> ]6333's turn, this afternoon - had an Alpha truck in attendance in CLS.

The Streetdecks haven't been having a good time recently!

Probably why I only ever seem to see Omnidekkas on the X21

What Gearbox do the Optare Solo SR M925 have?
Just noticed an Angel with Percy St as the destination. Does that mean it terminates at a stop on the street just past Eldon Sq bus station rather than waiting to get on to a stand? Bit like the late runners used to terminate on Blackett Street?

(26 Jun 2019, 12:28 am)S830OFT Wrote: [ -> ]What Gearbox do the Optare Solo SR M925 have?

Allison - T2100s I'd think.

(26 Jun 2019, 7:49 am)ne14ne1 Wrote: [ -> ]Just noticed an Angel with Percy St as the destination. Does that mean it terminates at a stop on the street just past Eldon Sq bus station rather than waiting to get on to a stand? Bit like the late runners used to terminate on Blackett Street?

I've been one one that did that because it was heavily delayed. We mostly got off at St Mary's place.

Go North East launched the new Toon Tour service this morning with stakeholders:
https://twitter.com/DanGrahamGNE/status/...0290779136

First 'proper' view with the branding applied, I think.
Its nice to see Gold Standard making a return,im sure when the 08 mercs entered service (on what was then the 58),im sure they were Gold Standard
Open Toppers 3998 and 3999 are currently parked in the front shed at Percy Main depot as is the ADL E200MMC demo which is parked on the side that the shutter is down (annoyingly)

(26 Jun 2019, 1:17 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]Go North East launched the new Toon Tour service this morning with stakeholders:
https://twitter.com/DanGrahamGNE/status/...0290779136

First 'proper' view with the branding applied, I think.

Looks good, and from clips on Twitter and Instastories <meta charset="utf-8">of the onboard commentary it sounds good too.
Quite impressed how they went to the effort of adding black between the destination panel and upper deck front window, just like the Presidents were brand new.

(26 Jun 2019, 2:04 pm)V514DFT Wrote: [ -> ]Its nice to see Gold Standard making a return,im sure when the 08 mercs entered service (on what was then the 58),im sure they were Gold Standard

Ah yes, I liked the 'Gold Standard' gold Citaro rigids, & even more so the gold Citaro artics with their 3 sets of doors. I remember not being quite so impressed however when our 'gold standard' gold mercs were then replaced with orange versas, with NSAs in a thick geordie accent, lol. Glad the latter part has since been rectified though.

"We're rather proud of our fine city here at latitude 55° north, and like nothing more than showing it off."

Now bare with me while I cringe...

(26 Jun 2019, 4:42 pm)S813 FVK Wrote: [ -> ]"We're rather proud of our fine city here at latitude 55° north, and like nothing more than showing it off."

Now go out on a Saturday night and people will be showing off a lot more than the city!

(26 Jun 2019, 4:42 pm)S813 FVK Wrote: [ -> ]"We're rather proud of our fine city here at latitude 55° north, and like nothing more than showing it off."

Standard Ray-isms!

The 55-degree mention is quite apt, though. What most don't know is that the 'G' in the Go North East logo was changed to cut off at a 55-degree angle (pointing towards the north east), and the 'road stripes' on the fleet livery and new brands are all done at 55-degrees.

The concept doesn't work quite so well for Go North West...

(25 Jun 2019, 4:11 pm)JM03 Wrote: [ -> ]

When they did this last time, it was a 4 minute journey and a PVR of 1 or 2. They just ran in line with the metro schedule on the NEXUS website but i found it to just run whenever tbh. The contract is still open for grabs i think

is 6132 on loan to Washington? Clocked it on the app on the X1

What is the metro schedule going to be at Chichester with South Shields closed? Yes the metro replacement bus does appear to be quite random from what I've read on here.

(26 Jun 2019, 5:17 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]

Standard Ray-isms!

The 55-degree mention is quite apt, though. What most don't know is that the 'G' in the Go North East logo was changed to cut off at a 55-degree angle (pointing towards the north east), and the 'road stripes' on the fleet livery and new brands are all done at 55-degrees.

Well, considering Go North West operate in what is quite obviously the North West Midlands and nowhere near the North West, even the name doesn't work!

(26 Jun 2019, 5:32 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: [ -> ]

Well, considering Go North West operate in what is quite obviously the North West Midlands and nowhere near the North West, even the name doesn't work!

I don't think we can be quite that picky!

According to Wiki, Greater Manchester is in the North West region:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_West_England

(26 Jun 2019, 5:17 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]

Standard Ray-isms!

That's quite a kool little fact Big Grin

(26 Jun 2019, 5:41 pm)Dan Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think we can be quite that picky!

According to Wiki, Greater Manchester is in the North West region:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_West_England

We all know how unreliable Wikipedia is.

We can't have those pesky midlanders pretending to be northern can we!

6110 has returned
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15