North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(07 Dec 2019, 2:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just seen the X9 pass Penshaw, heading towards Peterlee
A19 closed in one direction A184 closed both directions
Anyone out there know where to get a hold of paper timetables in the Stanley & Consett areas. Out of all areas these two seem to be a challenge. Any help appreciated guys.
(07 Dec 2019, 12:51 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]6333 just had a meltdown on the A1(M)
6333 has been sounding rough for a while now

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(07 Dec 2019, 5:36 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]6333 has been sounding rough for a while now

Aye, there was a lot of grinding and as soon as we hit the A1, alarms went off and it started limping. I was sitting on the back seat and it was starting to stink and other drivers were gesturing to the bus driver. I moved off the back seat and noticed plumes of what looked like smoke behind us. Thankfully it turned out to be steam and we didn't go up in flames but something seems quite fubared.
(07 Dec 2019, 2:15 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Just seen the X9 pass Penshaw, heading towards Peterlee

Standard with these closures at Testos.
Saw them using the A690 the other morning due to the A19 being closed at Easington. 

Still of the opinion that on board announcements need to be made when diversions of that magnitude are made.
(07 Dec 2019, 6:23 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Aye, there was a lot of grinding and as soon as we hit the A1, alarms went off and it started limping. I was sitting on the back seat and it was starting to stink and other drivers were gesturing to the bus driver. I moved off the back seat and noticed plumes of what looked like smoke behind us. Thankfully it turned out to be steam and we didn't go up in flames but something seems quite fubared.

I remember that happening one of the few times I took the scholars except the steam started coming out between the seats!

It was the boobee bus that was off to Transdev
666 looking a little draughty this morning. Presumably heading to Saltmeadows to get a replacement window. 
Don't envy the fitter driving up the A19 this morning in this cold!
More info on the Go North East farewell event for the Scania's:

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/s...2Ojjfx_xWQ

Major year-on-year investment in brand new state of the art low emission buses has seen the type reduced to the final 7 operating in and around Gateshead and 11 also running in nearby Sunderland. Whilst a small residual fleet is likely to continue in ad-hoc service for another few months, most of this bus type in Gateshead are expected to be retired from front line service in the coming weeks.
It'll be a sad day when they go
I thought 8299 would of left Deptford by now.
Anyone out there know where to get Go North East paper timetables in the Stanley & Consett areas please. Out of all areas these two are proving a challenge. Any help appreciated guys.
(10 Dec 2019, 1:34 pm)Northern wrote [ -> ]Anyone out there know where to get Go North East paper timetables in the Stanley & Consett areas please. Out of all areas these two are proving a challenge. Any help appreciated guys.

Have you tried the buses
6317 must have had one of the chairs reupholstered recently, and it looks awful. The colours are nowhere near a match and the texture of the 'leather' is completely different (ie, it just feels like cheap vinyl). It also seems like they forgot to put the wadding back in as it feels awful to sit on!
[Image: f85c7020bd97ead771082620dffd5eae.jpg]

On a side note, I finally got to ride on 6336, and I must say the seats are far superior to the Smart seats they have on the 69 plates. I felt far less of the bumps than I did on the new ones
However, 6336 has more rattles than a Streetlite at idle, but that's worse than the rattling is the awful squealing coming from the windscreen wipers! The 69 plates are bad, but this one is unbearable!

(10 Dec 2019, 11:31 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I thought 8299 would of left Deptford by now.

It will be replaced by 5485 (which itself cannot transfer out of Consett until 6337 enters service).

6337, which was originally VOR with defects, is now undergoing PSV preparation. It should be tested on Thursday and enter service on Friday. This will release 5485 to Deptford.
(10 Dec 2019, 4:17 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It will be replaced by 5485 (which itself cannot transfer out of Consett until 6337 enters service).

6337, which was originally VOR with defects, is now undergoing PSV preparation. It should be tested on Thursday and enter service on Friday. This will release 5485 to Deptford.

Ah right cheers.

Which batch of Scania's will be withdrawn in coming weeks?, as it looks like nothing will come in to replace them because the Streetdecks, haven't started to arrive.
(10 Dec 2019, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Ah right cheers.

Which batch of Scania's will be withdrawn in coming weeks?, as it looks like nothing will come in to replace them because the Streetdecks, haven't started to arrive.
Depends how many weeks they're talking about. There were a few Streetdecks in build at the time Wrightbus went under, so they may be finished by now. Only need 9 to replace the Scanias at Gateshead and finish the X21 upgrade.
(11 Dec 2019, 9:22 am)missedbus wrote [ -> ]Depends how many weeks they're talking about. There were a few Streetdecks in build at the time Wrightbus went under, so they may be finished by now. Only need 9 to replace the Scanias at Gateshead and finish the X21 upgrade.

Only 7 at Riverside for 93/94, this should reduce to 6 once versa transfers from deptford. After ferry shuttle finishes this month, id imagine a further 2 at deptford will be withdrawn. There is also the 2 B5s to enter service which may lead to withdrawal of another
(11 Dec 2019, 9:40 am)JP6004 wrote [ -> ]Only 7 at Riverside for 93/94, this should reduce to 6 once versa transfers from deptford. After ferry shuttle finishes this month, id imagine a further 2 at deptford will be withdrawn. There is also the 2 B5s to enter service which may lead to withdrawal of another
Are those B5s not destined as spares for the X9/X10 being in Xlines spare livery?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10