North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2019
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(11 Dec 2019, 10:17 am)Stanleyone wrote [ -> ]Are those B5s not destined as spares for the X9/X10 being in Xlines spare livery?

I believe so yes, one will release 6084 to transfer to Deptford then 6099 to Percy Main. I presumed they would of withdrawn an L94 from Riverside as opposed to a transfer or withdraw another DD
Nice to hear there is still an awkwardly long delay between the last stop announcement and the termination announcement. It's been so long since I've been on a service that has NSA all the way to the last stop.

*Proceeds to not bring up how long it's been since the X21 had NSAs*

Also, is anyone else having issues with Tapatalk logging them out of the forum constantly?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
(11 Dec 2019, 4:24 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Also, is anyone else having issues with Tapatalk logging them out of the forum constantly?
Yes and forum keeps disappearing from things I follow too
(11 Dec 2019, 5:16 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Yes and forum keeps disappearing from things I follow too
Glad it's not just me then! I might have to start using the mobile site *shudders*

This is the only forum I have linked to Tapatalk, all the other forums I frequent have removed support due to compatibility or stability issues

(11 Dec 2019, 4:24 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Nice to hear there is still an awkwardly long delay between the last stop announcement and the termination announcement. It's been so long since I've been on a service that has NSA all the way to the last stop.

*Proceeds to not bring up how long it's been since the X21 had NSAs*

Also, is anyone else having issues with Tapatalk logging them out of the forum constantly?

What discussion did you intend to provoke from this post? It makes no sense to me?
Has 5214 been withdrawn as it's been removed from the bustimes fleet list?
(12 Dec 2019, 11:08 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Has 5214 been withdrawn as it's been removed from the bustimes fleet list?

Not sure, as its still down at Deptford on the GNE fleet allocation page.
Thats gonna look sweet
Continuing from my post from the 2019/2020 predictions order thread

Dan, has kindly confirmed in the magazine, that the FAB 56 will enter the paintshop for a repaint and rebrand at some point in the next few weeks, and the rebrand is looking to be "Newcastle Sunderland Citylink"

Please have part of it red and the other part black.... Tongue
(12 Dec 2019, 11:08 pm)S830OFT wrote [ -> ]Has 5214 been withdrawn as it's been removed from the bustimes fleet list?

5214 is stiill at Deptford, however VOR with gearbox failure.
(13 Dec 2019, 6:41 pm)BFK wrote [ -> ]5214 is stiill at Deptford, however VOR with gearbox failure.

#missingexpurplesolar

Awful vehicles from a passenger perspective. 
Rattly, noisy, dirty, cold, damp - yet they're organising a swansong on Sunday?
Bet the regulars will be gutted Huh
(13 Dec 2019, 11:27 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]#missingexpurplesolar

Awful vehicles from a passenger perspective. 
Rattly, noisy, dirty, cold, damp - yet they're organising a swansong on Sunday?
Bet the regulars will be gutted Huh

They were good when they were new, nice and smooth, and I used them daily on what was then the 35/35A between Shields and Sunderland. They were a revelation compared with the SPDs and Excels used beforehand, although the enthusiast in me preferred a B7RLE driven hard...
Still, they were the maids of all work before the Citaros arrived, and like an aged popstar whose voice is long gone, they've had their time but deserve a good send-off.

Also, 4976 at Deptford is the last bus in service in the traditional 4xxx single deck fleet numbering series as invented in 1975, so that'll be a sort of end of an era there too. 4961-5 hang on as training vehicles of course.
(14 Dec 2019, 9:55 am)missedbus wrote [ -> ]They were good when they were new, nice and smooth, and I used them daily on what was then the 35/35A between Shields and Sunderland. They were a revelation compared with the SPDs and Excels used beforehand, although the enthusiast in me preferred a B7RLE driven hard...
Still, they were the maids of all work before the Citaros arrived, and like an aged popstar whose voice is long gone, they've had their time but deserve a good send-off.

Also, 4976 at Deptford is the last bus in service in the traditional 4xxx single deck fleet numbering series as invented in 1975, so that'll be a sort of end of an era there too. 4961-5 hang on as training vehicles of course.

Speaking of which, I think it was that one that looked expired the other night whilst on the 35.
Parked up with hazards on outside the beehive.

I think I've said before on here, that it was the Solars on the 194 which reignited my interest in buses from a passenger perspective.
Like you, I saw them as an upgrade to what had been seen previously and they did look kind of interesting and different. 

However, I do think they've been flogged to death. 
The eminox upgrades and conditions attached to the funding, really have pushed them beyond what is expected on a front line service vehicle and I do wonder what sort of effect they have had on the associated routes as passengers possibly look for an alternative (comfier) option.
With regards to the repainted Solar, it be interesting to see which Solar they've used as the 55 plated ones (5229-5233) never carried the wedge version of the livery and were delivered in the swoop style.

Wedge - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...825597642/
Swoop - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...825597642/
Unlike solar 4939 which never saw the light of day,that was a real shame
(14 Dec 2019, 2:45 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Unlike solar 4939 which never saw the light of day,that was a real shame

Well it did, just never turned a wheel in service, 4939 (NK51OLA) was on display at one of the Bus and Coach shows, then it was damage by fire at Scania in Worksop, don't know if the vehicle itself caught fire or it was a victim of another vehicle catching fire at the time.
That was what i meant,and i was 8 at the time it happened, someone else will probably be able to give a better light on it
(14 Dec 2019, 5:44 pm)Rapidsnap wrote [ -> ]Well it did, just never turned a wheel in service, 4939 (NK51OLA) was on display at one of the Bus and Coach shows, then it was damage by fire at Scania in Worksop, don't know if the vehicle itself caught fire or it was a victim of another vehicle catching fire at the time.
Did GNE get a replacement for it?  And had it been officially handed over to them at the time?
Either 4954 or 4955 was the replacement vehicle. They did have a Scania on long term loan until the replacement vehicle came, I recall it having Penguins plastered all over the exterior.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10