North East Buses

Full Version: Electric vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
(01 Mar 2022, 3:42 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Doesn't look like it made it out today

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Probably still on charge, or a Leading Driver unplugged it by accident to charge up his iPhone.
Nah I heard they went to all the supermarkets in the CLS area, brought all the duracell AA batteries and still didn't have enough.
Having an office day, Through a stroke of luck. I’m currently on it! Just passed the Angel ironically. It doesn’t show up as a fleet number on the app. It’s due into Newcastle Eldon at 7.46z

Initial thoughts it’s very bright and airy, much more pleasant than normal. The info screen upstairs with range information and battery levels is a bit weird to see. Fairly pleasant ride but the seats are horrific. Not wide enough and uncomfortably upright, it’s like an ironing board. I admit the lack of nsa is a joy
It's showing on bus times, it's on a different run to Monday so no idea how long it be out for.
(03 Mar 2022, 7:20 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Having an office day, Through a stroke of luck. I’m currently on it! Just passed the Angel ironically. It doesn’t show up as a fleet number on the app. It’s due into Newcastle Eldon at 7.46z

Initial thoughts it’s very bright and airy, much more pleasant than normal. The info screen upstairs with range information and battery levels is a bit weird to see. Fairly pleasant ride but the seats are horrific. Not wide enough and uncomfortably upright, it’s like an ironing board. I admit the lack of nsa is a joy

Is it lighter coloured panelling that’s giving it a very bright and airy feel?

Have the rear doors been used out of interest?
(03 Mar 2022, 9:03 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Is it lighter coloured panelling that’s giving it a very bright and airy feel?

Have the rear doors been used out of interest?
i think so, plus the seats are shorter in height and lighter so less oppressive.

re the doors. Yes at all stops, passengers are instinctively using them which ironically they didn’t when the 21 was dual doored.
(03 Mar 2022, 10:12 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]i think so, plus the seats are shorter in height and lighter so less oppressive.

re the doors. Yes at all stops, passengers are instinctively using them which ironically they didn’t when the 21 was dual doored.

Oh wow, brilliant. Makes all the difference if drivers actually use them.
I was on an ex London B7(?) the other day and pressed the bell and waited at the exit doors. 
Bus pulled right up alongside the straight kerb, no railings or street furniture in the way, but the driver just opened the front doors and stared at me in the interior mirror until I then squeezed up to the front doors with my bags and dog. So annoying.
(03 Mar 2022, 10:52 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Oh wow, brilliant. Makes all the difference if drivers actually use them.
I was on an ex London B7(?) the other day and pressed the bell and waited at the exit doors. 
Bus pulled right up alongside the straight kerb, no railings or street furniture in the way, but the driver just opened the front doors and stared at me in the interior mirror until I then squeezed up to the front doors with my bags and dog. So annoying.
Aren't drivers told not to use the rear doors?

I do think on a high frequency route with loads of short journeys, like the 21, having the extra doors rather than the extra seats could make sense.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Saw this today wilst in car with fun police. Fist thing she said when i pointed out it was the all electric bus was " those seats look Sh*te"!
Assuming everything tracked properly, it managed about 95 miles today
Went out for it today and was waiting in Eldon Square to ride it down to CLS and get some photos but the driver went straight past the entrance without stopping and back to CLS and then took it out of service. This was around quarter to one, I wasn’t the only one waiting as there were another couple of enthusiasts as well. Hopefully it’ll be out tomorrow or Saturday so will try to catch it again.
(05 Mar 2022, 10:38 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/1...pot-close/

The end of Picktree Lane depot?

There could let/rent Chester depot for preserved buses etc… for storage, maintenance etc.., since Martijn is a bit nostalgic

If the 21 (and X21?) transfers to riverside, could close Washington depot and merge the fleet to deptford and Chester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(05 Mar 2022, 11:00 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]There could let/rent Chester depot for preserved buses etc… for storage, maintenance etc.., since Martijn is a bit nostalgic

If the 21 (and X21?) transfers to riverside, could close Washington depot and merge the fleet to deptford and Chester

They could if does close. Maintenance costs would only rise as the building continued to get older. 

My own thoughts are that financial pressures might dictate selling it and it ends up as housing or some sort of drive through site.

It's a prime location for either really.
(05 Mar 2022, 11:00 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]There could let/rent Chester depot for preserved buses etc… for storage, maintenance etc.., since Martijn is a bit nostalgic

if Washington depot was to close, which services would go where, personally I would think 50/26/Little Pinks - CLS, and X1/4 Deptford
Go North East 9048 seen on Prince Consort Road this morning working a 21 to Chester-Le-Street.

High Quality Photo Link : https://flic.kr/p/2n6R3nh[Image: b828b6c1274396db8ab8ef67f7824254.jpg]

Okay Another video of the Electroliner.

Unfortunately this driver makes the elderly gent shuffle all the way to the front to exit from the front doors.

(07 Mar 2022, 2:05 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Okay Another video of the Electroliner.

Unfortunately this driver makes the elderly gent shuffle all the way to the front to exit from the front doors.

That particular stop was never used for dual-door operation when the Vykings were used. The sticker is still present on the bus stop flag.
The curb is raised for the front doors, but its lower down where the rear doors would exit to, which I imagine make it unsuitable.
(07 Mar 2022, 2:50 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]That particular stop was never used for dual-door operation when the Vykings were used. The sticker is still present on the bus stop flag.
The curb is raised for the front doors, but its lower down where the rear doors would exit to, which I imagine make it unsuitable.

Doesn’t look like the rear doors were used at all throughout that video. 
Surely a standard height curb is suitable? It is elsewhere in the country for buses with separate exit doors. 

What does the old bus stop flag sticker say, just out of interest?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21