North East Buses

Full Version: Scotland Bus Operations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
(18 Mar 2014, 5:20 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]An additional window, it seems...

Doesn't look right at all
(18 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Not keen on that design...
How many are due to arrive?

I think it's just a demo - due to enter service tomorrow, I'm told.
'Tis at Central, so should be used on services 11, 16 or 27.
(18 Mar 2014, 6:21 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think it's just a demo - due to enter service tomorrow, I'm told.

Thanks! Smile
When do First withdraw the 43?
(24 Mar 2014, 5:25 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]When do First withdraw the 43?
Last day for the 43/X43 is 20th April.
(24 Mar 2014, 7:35 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Last day for the 43/X43 is 20th April.

Thanks, I'll be up there before then luckily.
(18 Mar 2014, 6:21 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I think it's just a demo - due to enter service tomorrow, I'm told.

It has entered service today on 27s - departing Hunters Tryst at 9am.
Unidentified B7RLE, Dart and 800 were all on 1s today.

Volvo 7900H #2 appeared to be working a service 9 to Auchendinny today. I can't find any information of this service even existing - does anyone know what it is? I have checked the website, app, and briefly looked through Google too... Nothing!
Dart SK52OJH appears to have recently gained a rear advertisement for Fountain Park. I can't find any photographs of it on Flickr to know precisely when it gained the advertisement, but I saw it at Central depot today.

Regarding the B5TL demonstrator - I have been on Darts that have rattled less. The plastic seems flimsy, and it all seemed rather cheap and nasty. Compared to the B9TLs which Go North East have, it seems like it belongs to an independent operator at 15 years of age. It struggled immensely getting up a bank which it really shouldn't have struggled with as it wasn't a particularly high gradient, and had troubles with releasing the handbrake. It was stuck for about 13 minutes in total and most passengers alighted and used a different bus instead. It is quite quiet upstairs, but downstairs it is rather loud and you hear every strange noise known to man. The window on the stairs really helps when you're inside of the bus as it's a lot less dark, but it looks hideous when you're on the outside (of course I feel customers will only really care about the former!)

God help operators if the B5TL is their only choice. Hasn't got owt on the B9TL. Not a thing.
(05 Apr 2014, 5:59 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Unidentified B7RLE, Dart and 800 were all on 1s today.

Volvo 7900H #2 appeared to be working a service 9 to Auchendinny today. I can't find any information of this service even existing - does anyone know what it is? I have checked the website, app, and briefly looked through Google too... Nothing!

Only Lothian Services to go Auchendinny are the 37/47, Could of been a Blind Error which the Driver hasn't noticed, I certainly didn't see a Service 9 Yesterday nor can I find anything either.
(05 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Only Lothian Services to go Auchendinny are the 37/47, Could of been a Blind Error which the Driver hasn't noticed, I certainly didn't see a Service 9 Yesterday nor can I find anything either.

What about the 15, and I am hoping for a service suggestion Auchendinny to Edinburgh via Washington Galleries Big Grin
(05 Apr 2014, 6:11 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Only Lothian Services to go Auchendinny are the 37/47, Could of been a Blind Error which the Driver hasn't noticed, I certainly didn't see a Service 9 Yesterday nor can I find anything either.

I could have got my head around the destination display being wrong if the vehicle had roller blinds. They often 'slip' as it were, but given that it was a 7900H, I don't think such an error can be made?

Maybe someone with more knowledge in that field can enlighten us.
(05 Apr 2014, 6:13 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]What about the 15?

I only searched from Princess Street to Auchendinny, hence why it didn't come up, but quick look at the Timetable confirmed it does also go there, i'm sticking with Blind Error on this one.

As for the B5TL, I didn't get a chance to have a ride on it as has had Suspension/Handbrake Problems from what a Driver at Hunters Tryst told me Yesterday, But other than that, he said it was really nice to drive and coped well with the steep hill climbs.

I read in the Buses Magazine yesterday that Optare will be unveiling it's New Integral Double Decker Next Month and Wrightbus are also due unveil the StreetDeck around the same time, Obviously you'll have the choice of the Enviro 400 also in Euro 6 Specification, which Stagecoach have an Order for This Year from what I was Reading, otherwise you'd have to buy the Borismaster.
(05 Apr 2014, 6:13 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I could have got my head around the destination display being wrong if the vehicle had roller blinds. They often 'slip' as it were, but given that it was a 7900H, I don't think such an error can be made?

Maybe someone with more knowledge in that field can enlighten us.

Normally you program the number with the destination and you have multiple versions of the route number for the driver to enter (In Hanover this is called Route Browse). Some companies have each destination on a list, but once again you program the destination with the route number.
(05 Apr 2014, 6:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I only searched from Princess Street to Auchendinny, hence why it didn't come up, but quick look at the Timetable confirmed it does also go there, i'm sticking with Blind Error on this one.

As for the B5TL, I didn't get a chance to have a ride on it as has had Suspension/Handbrake Problems from what a Driver at Hunters Tryst told me Yesterday, But other than that, he said it was really nice to drive and coped well with the steep hill climbs.

I read in the Buses Magazine yesterday that Optare will be unveiling it's New Integral Double Decker Next Month and Wrightbus are also due unveil the StreetDeck around the same time, Obviously you'll have the choice of the Enviro 400 also in Euro 6 Specification, which Stagecoach have an Order for This Year from what I was Reading, otherwise you'd have to buy the Borismaster.

Borismasters are for London only!!
(05 Apr 2014, 6:23 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Borismasters are for London only!!

And at over £350,000 a piece, I doubt many operators will be buying them.....
(05 Apr 2014, 6:22 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I only searched from Princess Street to Auchendinny, hence why it didn't come up, but quick look at the Timetable confirmed it does also go there, i'm sticking with Blind Error on this one.

If the driver was comparing it with a Dart, I may be inclined to agree... As he wasn't, I have no idea what he was talking about.

Directly comparing it to a B9TL on the same service, the B5TL is a pile of shite - I wouldn't suggest that there are a huge number of really steep hills either...
(05 Apr 2014, 6:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]And at over £350,000 a piece, I doubt many operators will be buying them.....

And operators aren't even buying them in London - TfL are.
(05 Apr 2014, 6:23 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]Borismasters are for London only!!

First Leeds have proposed to Buy 200 of them under a New Bus for Leeds Concept to oppose suggested plans for West Yorkshires PTE Metros New Generation Transport Plan for a Rapid Transport Line using Trolleybuses. If you read this months copy of Buses Magazine you'll find this information.
(05 Apr 2014, 6:30 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]If the driver was comparing it with a Dart, I may be inclined to agree... As he wasn't, I have no idea what he was talking about.

Directly comparing it to a B9TL on the same service, the B5TL is a pile of shite - I wouldn't suggest that there are a huge number of really steep hills either...

Not on the 27 to Hunters Tryst there isn't, only The Mound and small up Oxgangs Bank to Hunters Tryst and that's it really, as for heading to Silverknowles I have no idea as didn't go there, I would of if the B5TL was in Service Yesterday Morning though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28