North East Buses

Full Version: Classic Coaches/TGM Group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Does anyone have a list of all of the bus services/contracts (including school and coach contracts/services) operated by Classic Coaches?
Driving along the western bypass about 13:15, I saw a load of Northumbria's finest blocking off slip roads and keeping the road clear.

Thinking a highly dangerous prisoner was being transferred and expecting to see prison vans flying up the A1, I was quite surprised to see five Classic/TGM EMPTY supporters coaches driving by.

This was half an hour after the match started, so no idea why they were under police guard.
Classic have their ALX300 on the 515 today rather than the usual Nimbus.
(19 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Classic have their ALX300 on the 515 today rather than the usual Nimbus.

And again today...

Is something up with the Nimbus vehicles or have they gone to Arriva already? Or is this just the usual weekday allocation that I'd never usually see..?
(21 Feb 2014, 3:39 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]And again today...

Is something up with the Nimbus vehicles or have they gone to Arriva already? Or is this just the usual weekday allocation that I'd never usually see..?

A Nimbus usually works the 168.
Haven't been about much this week to notice what was on it
(21 Feb 2014, 3:39 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]And again today...

Not transferring until March 23rd - they probably just have one or two off the road...
(21 Feb 2014, 9:31 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Not transferring until March 23rd - they probably just have one or two off the road...

Are Classic's bus contracts continuing from Annfield Plain depot under the Arriva name or are they transferring to Belmont/Jesmond?

Also, what's happening with the coach side of things?
(15 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm)Mark1 wrote [ -> ]Are Classic's bus contracts continuing from Annfield Plain depot under the Arriva name or are they transferring to Belmont/Jesmond?

Also, what's happening with the coach side of things?

They're transferring to be operated from Jesmond depot. I understand a number of drivers and vehicles are coming with them so it will effectively be Classic at Jesmond with their own rota and vehicles. How long it stays like that we shall have to wait and see. I think its likely that the 2 "spare" Volvo B7 Geminis will be used to replace some of the deckers coming from Classic. But that's pure speculation on my part.
(15 Mar 2014, 9:38 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]They're transferring to be operated from Jesmond depot. I understand a number of drivers and vehicles are coming with them so it will effectively be Classic at Jesmond with their own rota and vehicles. How long it stays like that we shall have to wait and see. I think its likely that the 2 "spare" Volvo B7 Geminis will be used to replace some of the deckers coming from Classic. But that's pure speculation on my part.

Am I right in thinking that three have now arrived, with the Ashington-based one now in service?

If so, I can't really see the rest of them being here by March 23rd... But nevertheless, I'm guessing we'll have to rush to get our photos of the deckers (which will presumably remain in TGM/Classic livery?) in service prior to the speculated replacement?
(15 Mar 2014, 9:43 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Am I right in thinking that three have now arrived, with the Ashington-based one now in service?

If so, I can't really see the rest of them being here by March 23rd... But nevertheless, I'm guessing we'll have to rush to get our photos of the deckers (which will presumably remain in TGM/Classic livery?) in service prior to the speculated replacement?

Yes 3 have arrived, 7484 at Ashington, 7485 is due to go to Ashington but is currently at Redcar for trial on X93 while they fix some issues with originally delivered 7494

I would imagine the transferred vehicles will remain in TGM / Nexus (as appropriate) livery - the majority of the services are up for tender in the summer I believe so I guess (though don't know for sure) that they won't bother repainting them in case the opportunity arises to dispose of them.
(15 Mar 2014, 9:57 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Yes 3 have arrived, 7484 at Ashington, 7485 is due to go to Ashington but is currently at Redcar for trial on X93 while they fix some issues with originally delivered 7494

I would imagine the transferred vehicles will remain in TGM / Nexus (as appropriate) livery - the majority of the services are up for tender in the summer I believe so I guess (though don't know for sure) that they won't bother repainting them in case the opportunity arises to dispose of them.

Cheers! Not wanting to get off-topic too much, but is it worth me trying to get lucky with 7485 next Saturday or are we expecting it to have buggered off up North again by then?

Can understand that the ones in Nexus livery would remain in that livery, but if memory serves they have an 07-reg Nimbus? Be mad to get rid of that when they've got older buses which could be replaced first - unless it's down to the availability of parts with them being a non-standard Arriva vehicle type?
(15 Mar 2014, 10:03 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Cheers! Not wanting to get off-topic too much, but is it worth me trying to get lucky with 7485 next Saturday or are we expecting it to have buggered off up North again by then?

Can understand that the ones in Nexus livery would remain in that livery, but if memory serves they have an 07-reg Nimbus? Be mad to get rid of that when they've got older buses which could be replaced first - unless it's down to the availability of parts with them being a non-standard Arriva vehicle type?

Can't answer that with 7485, I'm guessing it all depends on them sorting 7494 out... Who knows!

They have two 51s (both in Nexus), two 04s (one in each) and two 07s (one in each)... I'm not too sure which deckers are coming over but it would make sense for the two red ones to appear!
I don't know if I did but im sure I saw the preserved Northumbria Delta parked up in the depot at Annfield Plain, if it wasn't it was certainly in a livery that looked like it but it was deffo a Delta.
(24 Mar 2014, 4:14 pm)Robert wrote [ -> ]I don't know if I did but im sure I saw the preserved Northumbria Delta parked up in the depot at Annfield Plain, if it wasn't it was certainly in a livery that looked like it but it was deffo a Delta.

It was, passed me about 12.15 heading towards annfield plain.
Does anyone know the deal with the coach type decker TGM have?
Saw it heading up Old Durham Road this afternoon.

58 reg and a Volvo engine - as much as I could see/make out.
(03 Apr 2014, 5:40 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Does anyone know the deal with the coach type decker TGM have?
Saw it heading up Old Durham Road this afternoon.

58 reg and a Volvo engine - as much as I could see/make out.

[Image: 8587785786_9dfd2ae29f_z.jpg]

Beast and a half, LJ58 GCF is.
(03 Apr 2014, 6:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ][Image: 8587785786_9dfd2ae29f_z.jpg]

Beast and a half, LJ58 GCF is.

That's the one.
As I say, didn't get a proper look, but going off the time it was there, it was being used on scholar work.
On VOSA this morning:

PB1092907/31 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Clara Vale and Clara Vale given service number R3/R4 effective from 26-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/33 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro and Hebburn Community Centre given service number 515 effective from 26-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/35 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Whitburn COE School and Boldon COMP School given service number 801 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/39 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Whitburn and St Josephs RC Comp School given service number 815 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/42 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sherburn Towers Rowland Gill and Ryton Co-Op Store given service number R6 effective from 26-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/46 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Heworth Metro Station and Seaburn given service number 558 effective from 26-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/48 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newcastle Upon Tyne, Newgate Street and Team Valley, South End given service number 941 effective from 25-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/51 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between ST. JOSEPHS RC SCHOOL and SOUTH SHIELDS KEPPLE STREET given service number 556 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/53 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between FELLGATE ESTATE and ST. JOSEPH RC SCHOOL given service number 821 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/57 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between DURHAM DRIVE ROUNDABOUT and WEST BOLDON PRIMARY SCHOOL given service number 802 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/76 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Windy Nook and Windy Nook Primary School given service number 860 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/77 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Team Valley Trading Estate and Concord Bus Station given service number 939 effective from 29-Aug-2014.

PB1092907/78 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Winlaton Bus Station and Team valley Trading estate given service number 933 effective from 29-Aug-2014.

PB1092907/79 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between St, Josephs RC Comprehesive School and Perth Avenue, South Shields given service number 820 effective from 18-Jul-2014.

PB1092907/84 - TGM GROUP LIMITED, BUILDING 16300 MT2, EAGLE ROAD, LONDON HEATHROW AIRPORT, HOUNSLOW, TW6 2DN

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between BLAYDON WEST PRIMARY SCHOOL and SHIBBON BANK FOOT, BLAYDON given service number 857 effective from 18-Jul-2014
As expected, cancellation of all of their service work and schools work up for tender in the summer. Obviously not bidding for it again, so I think this marks the start of the end for Classic.
What is happening with TGM Classic are they getting tuck over by another company
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6