North East Buses

Full Version: North West Bus Operations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I notice SLTs 132 service Wigan - The Trafford Centre is picking up more passengers than it used to, got the 16:50 trip from The Trafford Centre and every seat was taken! i think an extra trip around this time is needed!
(29 Mar 2014, 1:35 am)Y961 XBU wrote [ -> ]Mr Wright Dart only gets half info, since i had a very good night i will give him the other half of the info, as of tonight none of the Olympians are not (or should not be) in service at Middleton) they are on the back wall awaiting a move to Charles Street where they will enter the reserve fleet, that is why they got that repaint.

thanks for info
I managed to get a Video Clip the other day of ALX 300 2405 V405 ENC while it was on a 8E to Green Lane, This Bus sounds nothing like an ALX 300 but sounds exactly like a DAF Ikarus, Maybe parts out of the withdrawn Ikarus's at Wrexham have been used here? Here's that Video Clip so you can make your own Judges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN2d0IDkmUo&feature=youtu.be
Here's what's changing between 30 March - 5 April 2014:
Planned changes to bus services:
Click on the service number to view details of the changes and the new timetable.

The following services are changing from 31 March:
10 Cronton - Widnes run by Ashcroft Travel
17, 17A Moreton - Clatterbridge run by Avon Buses
18 Birkenhead - Moreton run by Avon Buses
22, 25 West Kirby - Chester run by Avon Buses
40, 40A Saughall Massie - Mill Park run by Avon Buses
77, 77A Woodside - West Kirby run by Avon Buses
164 Woodside - New Ferry run by Avon Buses

The following new services are introduced from 31 March:
16, 16A Moreton - Clatterbridge run by Avon Buses
50 Crosby - Liverpool run by ACE Travel
300A, 300B, 300C St Helens RLFC Rugby Buses run by Hatton's

The following special service will run for the AIntree Grand National event:
922 Liverpool (Elliot Street) - Aintre Racecourse run by Arriva and Stagecoach

The following services are withdrawn from 31 March:
165 Woodside - New Ferry run by Avon Buses
X22 Liverpool - Winsford run by GHA Coaches
Looks like Oldham were short of available low-floors this morning as 2 duties on 24/181/182s are being covered by Olympians today
Not saying this is true but I heard over the weekend that the Euro6 demonstrator Enviro 400H was took out of service on Friday pending onward transfer within the group and has had its ticket machine and Stagecoach in Manchester transfers removed
PC0002598/363 - ARRIVA NORTH WEST LTD, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Swinton civic centre and Stretford Kingsway given service number 79 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Timetable.

PC1090231/68 - ROLLING SOLUTIONS LTD T/A D & G BUS, THE WELLINGTON, 78 HIGH STREET, UTTOXETER, ST14 7JD
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between KNYPERSLEY ROAD, NORTON, STOKE-ON-TRENT and BEACONSFIELD DRIVE, BLURTON, STOKE-ON-TRENT given service number PLUMLINE 500 effective from 06-Apr-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
Plaxton Pointer Dart 2253 made it out onto the 263 today!!
wright 40416 go away
Be on the lookout for an interesting vehicle coming to Gillmoss shortly as I believe the Enviro 400H Demonstrator 80022 that has recently been at Manchester's Hyde Road Depot is on the way here shortly for further use
(31 Mar 2014, 8:35 pm)Wright Dart 40416 wrote [ -> ]Be on the lookout for an interesting vehicle coming to Gillmoss shortly as I believe the Enviro 400H Demonstrator 80022 that has recently been at Manchester's Hyde Road Depot is on the way here shortly for further use

PARDON!
X22 is actually going to survive but with a different route number and run commercially by GHA Coaches
(31 Mar 2014, 10:15 pm)WrightRenown21107 wrote [ -> ]X22 is actually going to survive but with a different route number and run commercially by GHA Coaches

Have you got more Details on this?
Scott i have to point out that Wright Dart has a very poor reputation in the Industry to the point where everyone Ignores him, i think every North West Member on this Forum has added him to their Ignore List the moment he Joined.
(01 Apr 2014, 8:42 am)Y961 XBU wrote [ -> ]Scott i have to point out that Wright Dart has a very poor reputation in the Industry to the point where everyone Ignores him, i think every North West Member on this Forum has added him to their Ignore List the moment he Joined.

so Scott please do not tell people to ingorne me as i know what wright 40416 is like what he puts on is not all true i came off slf dart thread because of him and another

what i put on is true news as i get weekly reports on bus movements etc
Hybrid Broken Down on the 10, its replacement is DAF Myllenium 2464!
New Timetable for Taxi Bus 1A:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/travellin...014%29.pdf

A severe reduction in service.
Plaxton Pointer 2253 was on the ML1 today!!
Arriva have confirmed that from 6/4/14 fares are to go up.

Adult Single fares are to go up by 10p
Adult Day Savers (North West area) will go up by 20p so they will now cost £5
Adult Weekly Tickets (North West area) will go up by 50p so they will now cost £19.50!

These prices are a joke when services are being lost and cut left, right and centre!! I also have to laugh at the fact am yet to see a notice on a Bus about it...
This is a shock. Nirmally they have the posters up about a fortnight before the rise. It is a scandal given the state of some of the vehicles in the fleet. I use the 34 to get to work and some of the Darts on there are well past their best.