North East Buses

Full Version: Flickr Re-Design - Thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just getting to grips with the new Flickr design.

Obviously more orientated towards photos now but I think its become a bit too graphic heavy.

You have to click on each photo or hover now to see how many comments or the details of each photo which is a pain.

They've redesigned the App for Android as well which has slowed it down badly and made it difficult to navigate
I don't particularly like it, but I'm trying to get used to it anyway. I didn't even realise it was in the pipeline till it happened.
Flickr will be having another planned maintenance this Friday.

Heads up! Flickr will be down for planned maintenance this Friday from 5 AM GMT to about 1 PM GMT and won't be available during that time.
(11 Sep 2013, 6:21 am)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Flickr will be having another planned maintenance this Friday.

Whey they've broke that promise, I make it 13:10 and it still isn't up and running
That's typical, I make post about it on here and if by magic it's back up and running
and back it's back down again, must be something to do with Friday 13th, managed to sign in before it went back to thingy screen
And Flickr is down again
Down for anyone else again?
(15 Sep 2013, 3:40 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Down for anyone else again?

Yep!

Bad, bad panda!
Come on. We want photos.

Flickr is down for panda planned maintenance. We'll be back with the usual photo goodness at about 1 PM GMT. Follow us on Twitter or our blog for updates.
(15 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Yep!

Mine is fine
(15 Sep 2013, 3:45 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote [ -> ]Mine is fine

It's not. It's filled with offensive images....or SPD's as passengers call them
Browser cache cleared and mine is now working.
Flickr is down completely this time, according to isup.me - we've not even got the cool maintenance screen anymore!
(21 Sep 2013, 6:22 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]Flickr is down completely this time, according to isup.me - we've not even got the cool maintenance screen anymore!

Looks like it's back now.
They're at it again...
[attachment=4696]
(08 Oct 2013, 7:29 pm)Daniel wrote [ -> ]They're at it again...

Mine hasn't changed.. Tongue
I never did like the re-design a few months ago - you can tell it was designed for touchscreens and not ordinary PC's. It took me quite a while to get used to as well.
Guess what?! Flickr has changed again!
A proportion of the Flickr community has been opted into the BETA version of Flickr, and there are so few features that it's impossible to use Flickr as you would normally. You can't even 'opt out' if you wish to, as you could a while ago when I first noted that they were 'at it again'...

Anyone got any decent alternatives to Flickr that allow you to group certain photographs, caption them and allow you to crop the photographs?
I'm not sure if it's any use but I quite like Google's Picasa

https://support.google.com/picasa/answer/93773?hl=en

(notes on the latest version above)

If your running an Android phone and use that to take your pics you can auto upload too
Pages: 1 2