North East Buses

Full Version: Enviro 400MMC's for the X10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
(02 Feb 2022, 12:07 am)peter wrote [ -> ]Sorry to nitpick but it's a CAZ not ULEZ. ULEZ in London includes private cars, CAZ's found elsewhere don't. 

It certainly looks that way. The only E200 MMC's GNE have are for the Green Arrow - they're not gonna move them off there and where is the money gonna come from for new ones? For a service that can't justify keeping E400 MMC's it certainly won't justify new E200 MMC's. I'm sure the Versa's will be adequate, the only other realistic alternative is Streetlites - not sure which of those is the best option tbh.

As has been said before, if the ZEBRA bus fund is successful then there will be new electric vehicles on the Hexham locals including the beloved 74 soon-ish. Hexham's Solo's are just under 6 years old - the MPD's used beforehand were 13 years old when replaced so I think you should bear that in mind. If everyone had their way, GNE would be buying new buses for every route every year. Having said that, if the contract specification is euro 6 there's a good chance the Solo's might get replaced regardless.

Personally I think Solos will be going there from Percy Main rather than them getting bigger buses. There's going to be loads spare soon. I have a feeling Versa's or Streetlites will be going the other way to Percy Main depending on what happens.

637 - 639, 651, 652 maybe.
(02 Feb 2022, 1:15 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Personally I think Solos will be going there from Percy Main rather than them getting bigger buses. There's going to be loads spare soon. I have a feeling Versa's or Streetlites will be going the other way to Percy Main depending on what happens.

637 - 639, 651, 652 maybe.
tbh the 9 could do with Solo's with the smaller streetlites going on the X6/62.
(02 Feb 2022, 5:42 pm)Omega54 wrote [ -> ]tbh the 9 could do with Solo's with the smaller streetlites going on the X6/62.

Why?
(02 Feb 2022, 7:57 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Why?
Generally, when I see both the 9 & 5 and been on them they are pretty dead, whereas when I have been on the X6 & 62 they have been quite full and their is always a queue for them
6337, is on the X10 for the first time since the re-brand.

With 6352 being off.
https://flic.kr/p/2n1CYNB

Is this driver using the old destination or do they still technically terminate at The Gate after stopping at Eldon Sq Bus Station?
(02 Feb 2022, 7:58 pm)Omega54 wrote [ -> ]Generally, when I see both the 9 & 5 and been on them they are pretty dead, whereas when I have been on the X6 & 62 they have been quite full and their is always a queue for them
The heaviest loading s/b is the 08:01 that carries a hefty load to the Spectrum and a few to Dalton Park, but I've rarely seen a X6 anywhere near full down in Grangetown, Ryhope or Seaham.
(03 Feb 2022, 9:57 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]https://flic.kr/p/2n1CYNB

Is this driver using the old destination or do they still technically terminate at The Gate after stopping at Eldon Sq Bus Station?

Driver has no control of that destination as it automatically changes to The Gate at Gateshead.
(03 Feb 2022, 2:37 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Driver has no control of that destination as it automatically changes to The Gate at Gateshead.

Yeah just wondered if they should’ve selected a destination code that changes from Newcastle to Eldon Square or whether they (plus NSAs) haven’t been reprogrammed yet.
X10 now to Eldon Square, rather than The Gate as per posts above.

https://flic.kr/p/2n25yDB
Could the X10 in the next year or so get some plaxton panoramas as they'll be more than suitable for the X10 as they're smooth and reliable vehicles, the fact that the oldest of them have been running Edinburgh to Glasgow and back on the 900 with little to no problems. Not to mention the panoramas are accessible coaches so shouldn't get the same complaints as the elites.
(13 Feb 2022, 7:44 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]Could the X10 in the next year or so get some plaxton panoramas as they'll be more than suitable for the X10 as they're smooth and reliable vehicles, the fact that the oldest of them have been running Edinburgh to Glasgow and back on the 900 with little to no problems. Not to mention the panoramas are accessible coaches so shouldn't get the same complaints as the elites.
Why would GNE go back to coaches after getting rid of them? The E400MMC is more than fine for the X10 (albeit 5 years too late due to the vehicles previous management thought were acceptable replacements for the B9TLs).
(13 Feb 2022, 7:47 am)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Why would GNE go back to coaches after getting rid of them? The E400MMC is more than fine for the X10 (albeit 5 years too late due to the vehicles previous management thought were acceptable replacements for the B9TLs).
For me the X10 is more of a coach route than a bus route not ti mention coaches have more of an appeal than a normal bus. Tbh I would have used the spare levantes to replace the elites.
(13 Feb 2022, 8:09 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]For me the X10 is more of a coach route than a bus route not ti mention coaches have more of an appeal than a normal bus. Tbh I would have used the spare levantes to replace the elites.

If the x10 ever gets coaches, it would have to be secondhand as if there buy new coaches then gne would still be paying for them after there been withdrawn from service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(13 Feb 2022, 8:09 am)GNE6312 wrote [ -> ]For me the X10 is more of a coach route than a bus route not ti mention coaches have more of an appeal than a normal bus. Tbh I would have used the spare levantes to replace the elites.
Pre-covid, I don't think many would disagree. But the numbers unfortunately add up to warrant coaches in the current climate. GNE have been there and tried.

Arriva have used classic E400 on the X15/X18 with no issues for the first five years although they're way overdue for replacement now. The E400MMC currently allocated will serve the X10 fine until at least 2026.
With 2 E400's not o X10 today, a thought crossed my mind. Has 6355 had a day off from X10's yet as I think it's been an ever present (I stand to be corrected). The other 3 have all been absent for a day or 2 but if that's right, that's some reliability from 6355!
(19 Feb 2022, 4:56 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]With 2 E400's not o  X10 today, a thought crossed my mind. Has 6355 had a day off from X10's yet as I think it's been an ever present (I stand to be corrected). The other 3 have all been absent for a day or 2 but if that's right, that's some reliability from 6355!

6352 was having a day on the 10A today though not sure about 55
(19 Feb 2022, 4:56 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]With 2 E400's not o  X10 today, a thought crossed my mind. Has 6355 had a day off from X10's yet as I think it's been an ever present (I stand to be corrected). The other 3 have all been absent for a day or 2 but if that's right, that's some reliability from 6355!

It's only been a few weeks, surely a new bus should be expected to do that.

Some of the Gemini's at Blyth which are 12 year old now and do exactly don't exactly do the easiest routes either (admit not as hard as the X10) have been in service every day excluding (Christmas etc) since the start of December. Now that's impressive reliability Tongue
(19 Feb 2022, 7:41 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]It's only been a few weeks, surely a new bus should be expected to do that.

Some of the Gemini's at Blyth which are 12 year old now and do exactly don't exactly do the easiest routes either (admit not as hard as the X10) have been in service every day excluding (Christmas etc) since the start of December. Now that's impressive reliability Tongue
I wouldn't say Blyth's routes are exactly hard with the exception of a few twists and turns on the X8. A batch of StreetDecks would replace the DB300s fine for Blyth's work. 

Ashington's X21/X22 is another story. But after seeing GNE use them fine on the X1 including recent extensions to Dalton Park & Peterlee, I reckon they'd just cut it.

You do realise buses can be missing for reasons other than issues with reliability? Vandalism, accident damage (particularly with recent weather) or monthly inspections are some reasons why the others could have missed a day of service. 

Not being funny, but I'd expect a bus that's a year old to manage a few weeks in service without missing a day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19