North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East's New Ex GAL Enviro 400's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Have any of 6944-47/61-63 appeared in service as yet?
(16 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Have any of 6944-47/61-63 appeared in service as yet?
I think 6944 is at Consett with its front missing
(16 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Have any of 6944-47/61-63 appeared in service as yet?

6946 entered service today on the 900 only to breakdown on its first trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6944/45 are both in the North East awaiting parts for MOT.

6946 has now entered service but overheated yesterday, should be back out in service pretty soon.

6947 is VOR.

6961-63 are still in London undergoing MOT and repaint prior to heading north, should be delivered one per week over the next three weeks. The final one will swap for some of the examples not yet repainted.

6967 is operating Metro Replacement without NSA equipment:

“Our smart Euro 6 buses will have free Wi-Fi and next stop audio-visual announcements”.
Thats because it wasn't originally planned to be part of the Metro Replacement fleet. It was originally going to be a spare parts doner, however due to delays in other E400 arriving and due to the fact it's in decent condition they put it into service.
(21 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]6967 is operating Metro Replacement without NSA equipment:

“Our smart Euro 6 buses will have free Wi-Fi and next stop audio-visual announcements”.

Give them a chance!

That one was rushed into service at the eleventh hour due to delays with the buses coming from London.

Huh  Just quoting what was said little over a day before the operation began.
(21 Sep 2022, 7:45 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]6967 is operating Metro Replacement without NSA equipment:

This was a spare, the oldest of the lot. It wasn't intended for service.
(22 Sep 2022, 9:43 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Huh  Just quoting what was said little over a day before the operation began.

And 24 out of the 25 buses have been of this specification since day one... The last one not having this because kit wasn't ordered for a bus originally intended to be a scrap part donor...

Confused
(22 Sep 2022, 4:23 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]And 24 out of the 25 buses have been of this specification since day one... The last one not having this because kit wasn't ordered for a bus originally intended to be a scrap part donor...

Confused

Fair enough 96% is pretty good.
(22 Sep 2022, 4:43 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Fair enough 96% is pretty good.

They seem to have put more effort into allocating vehicles for the Metro Replacements than they have for the rest of the routes!
(22 Sep 2022, 5:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]They seem to have put more effort into allocating vehicles for the Metro Replacements than they have for the rest of the routes!

Pretty hard to get the allocation wrong for Metro Flow when it’s one route out of one depot with one set of buses

(22 Sep 2022, 5:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Pretty hard to get the allocation wrong for Metro Flow when it’s one route out of one depot with one set of buses

I wouldn't put it past them! 

Is the Metro Flow NSA programmed separately from the rest of the routes, or do all vehicles have it. And do the E400s have the rest of the network programmed, should they inevitably end up venturing out onto other routes
(22 Sep 2022, 5:33 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Pretty hard to get the allocation wrong for Metro Flow when it’s one route out of one depot with one set of buses

Daniel, I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

Whatever you say, is often seized upon and thrown back when the inevitable happens.
Quite frequently too! 

Don't be surprised when everyone jumps on this one.

PS: I'm not gonna be asking you for the lottery numbers.
(22 Sep 2022, 6:03 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Daniel, I would have thought you would have learned your lesson by now.

Whatever you say, is often seized upon and thrown back when the inevitable happens.
Quite frequently too! 

Don't be surprised when everyone jumps on this one.

PS: I'm not gonna be asking you for the lottery numbers.

At this point I wonder if he does it on purpose to get that sweet sweet attention that he so obviously craves!
(22 Sep 2022, 6:09 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]At this point I wonder if he does it on purpose to get that sweet sweet attention that he so obviously craves!

Oh aye. The hilarity of the inevitable posts on here from the same people make typing the next Tweet all the more amusing.

There was a breakdown the other night which resulted in a Cityrider being allocated to the 900 - I’m sure someone will quote my “it’s difficult to get the allocation wrong on one route from one depot with one set of branded buses” post in due course.

(22 Sep 2022, 6:16 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Oh aye. The hilarity of the inevitable posts on here from the same people make typing the next Tweet all the more amusing.

There was a breakdown the other night which resulted in a Cityrider being allocated to the 900 - I’m sure someone will quote my “it’s difficult to get the allocation wrong on one route from one depot with one set of branded buses” post in due course.

Oh, that's a guarantee!

You're going to have to start adding caveats to all of your potentially quotable posts

Given that they had a Cityrider on it, I assume the NSAs were indeed programmed into the rest of the fleet?
(22 Sep 2022, 5:59 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I wouldn't put it past them! 

Is the Metro Flow NSA programmed separately from the rest of the routes, or do all vehicles have it. And do the E400s have the rest of the network programmed, should they inevitably end up venturing out onto other routes
One already has!
(22 Sep 2022, 7:02 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]One already has!

Actual sighting or a bustimes sighting?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10