North East Buses

Full Version: Route Allocations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This came up on my twitter, complaining about allocations, he better not come up here he'll have a heart attack.  

https://twitter.com/BusAndTrainUser/stat...76161?s=20&t=K9SYTl2pu8JaKtalNbJ02Q
(24 Sep 2022, 11:01 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]This came up on my twitter, complaining about allocations, he better not come up here he'll have a heart attack.  

https://twitter.com/BusAndTrainUser/stat...76161?s=20&t=K9SYTl2pu8JaKtalNbJ02Q

That's Roger French, I'm not saying anything more but GoAhead and Creating Desire are above criticism and Stagecoach and Arriva are bad, bad or bad. I'm sure other's will be along soon.
Think i've found the worst Streetlite in the fleet, 5475 allocated to the Coaster 1
(20 Oct 2022, 11:30 am)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Think i've found the worst Streetlite in the fleet, 5475 allocated to the Coaster 1
Have you been on 5369 (Drifter)
(24 Sep 2022, 11:25 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]That's Roger French, I'm not saying anything more but GoAhead and Creating Desire are above criticism and Stagecoach and Arriva are bad, bad or bad. I'm sure other's will be along soon.
The man is an utter hypocrite. Now with MG gone, I have no doubt that RF's next visit will be more negative.
(20 Oct 2022, 4:45 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]Have you been on 5369 (Drifter)

What's up with 5369? I had it yesterday on a 60 and it was spot on, quick and warm but then again I quite like Streetlites. 

The ex Black Cat ones, whilst having a good amount of power (and warm in the winter) rattled and vibrated like mad when idling (some worse than others).
(20 Oct 2022, 5:00 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]The man is an utter hypocrite. Now with MG gone, I have no doubt that RF's next visit will be more negative.

He is. 
But he won't. Still has his GAG pension. Can't put that at risk by slagging them off.

Did you read the article about his trip across the moors?
(20 Oct 2022, 5:00 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]The man is an utter hypocrite. Now with MG gone, I have no doubt that RF's next visit will be more negative.

His latest post ends up being a somewhat rambling tirade against Arriva: https://busandtrainuser.com/2022/10/20/m...more-38166

Admittedly there are some valid points, I don't like how the MAX branding remains internally after the refresh last year as an example. But then he criticises the lack of WiFi, something which all vehicles on the service definitely provide (and his photo shows...), and the absence of NSAs which I'm sure were present when I travelled on a B9 earlier in the year - hopefully someone will be along to clarify. 

There's then the criticism of the livery on the 2 B7 deckers (which definitely both provide WiFi and USB charging, as well as comfortable seating...), which probably does a decent enough job in the summer of making kids go "look at that bus Mum/Dad", and want to travel on it - I'd say maybe more so than a Best Impressions example... I'd get the criticism of it a bit more if it had somehow damaged the brand, but the journey I was on earlier in the year on a B7 was full by Guisborough.

(20 Oct 2022, 5:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Did you read the article about his trip across the moors?

I don't actually believe he made it to Middlesbrough, is any bus not in a Best Impressions scheme actually good enough for him to travel on?
(20 Oct 2022, 5:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]He is. 
But he won't. Still has his GAG pension. Can't put that at risk by slagging them off.

Did you read the article about his trip across the moors?
Yes. His comment about the Arriva livery on the old Trident was ludicrously petty.
6377 on 97 - Really Rare allocation,
(20 Oct 2022, 5:59 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]Yes. His comment about the Arriva livery on the old Trident was ludicrously petty.

To be fair, it is rank! But it stands out, so it's doing its job!

Speaking of Worst Impressions, is Nigel part of the club as well, or will we see a gradual un-doing of what MG has done?
Will we see route numbers return to the right side?
Will windows get covered back up?
Will games come back to the tables on the X21?
(20 Oct 2022, 6:45 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]To be fair, it is rank! But it stands out, so it's doing its job!

Speaking of Worst Impressions, is Nigel part of the club as well, or will we see a gradual un-doing of what MG has done?
Will we see route numbers return to the right side?
Will windows get covered back up?
Will games come back to the tables on the X21?
I don't think so judging by this. https://thetenpercentclub.co.uk/whoarewe.shtml

But given the number of Public Inquiries some of them have been involved in, I don't think i'd want to be part of it either
(20 Oct 2022, 6:55 pm)DeltaMan wrote [ -> ]I don't think so judging by this. https://thetenpercentclub.co.uk/whoarewe.shtml

But given the number of Public Inquiries some of them have been involved in, I didn't think i'd want to be part of it either

Bloody hell, I didn't think it was an actual club!  Sick
(20 Oct 2022, 5:55 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]His latest post ends up being a somewhat rambling tirade against Arriva: https://busandtrainuser.com/2022/10/20/m...more-38166

Admittedly there are some valid points, I don't like how the MAX branding remains internally after the refresh last year as an example. But then he criticises the lack of WiFi, something which all vehicles on the service definitely provide (and his photo shows...), and the absence of NSAs which I'm sure were present when I travelled on a B9 earlier in the year - hopefully someone will be along to clarify. 

There's then the criticism of the livery on the 2 B7 deckers (which definitely both provide WiFi and USB charging, as well as comfortable seating...), which probably does a decent enough job in the summer of making kids go "look at that bus Mum/Dad", and want to travel on it - I'd say maybe more so than a Best Impressions example... I'd get the criticism of it a bit more if it had somehow damaged the brand, but the journey I was on earlier in the year on a B7 was full by Guisborough.

I don't actually believe he made it to Middlesbrough, is any bus not in a Best Impressions scheme actually good enough for him to travel on? 

Not sure if there was a word count limit and once he got to Guisborough he had to switch to petty mode.

Has he done teesflex yet on the South of the Tees yet?

(20 Oct 2022, 7:13 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell, I didn't think it was an actual club!  Sick

Oh yeah.

They get together and spend the night patting each others backs and slagging non-10 percenters off.

They've even used the font BI use on the majority of their liveries.

It's ironic he complains about out of date info, when his very own website contains out of date info...
(20 Oct 2022, 5:55 pm)mb134 wrote [ -> ]His latest post ends up being a somewhat rambling tirade against Arriva: https://busandtrainuser.com/2022/10/20/m...more-38166

I just looked on this and on his 7403 pics I can literally see the NSA screen from the outside (quite possible it may not have been working?) but not only that, I can also see the USBs in his pics at least on the lower deck (underneath the windows), can't confirm if there's any upstairs as don't think I've travelled on the top deck of one since refresh.

The livery of the two B7TLs certainly get people talking, most to criticise and absolutely slate how awful it is, I feel the execution could've been better but I feel it does the job, its somewhat reminiscent of this one from Stagecoach on one of their open toppers in Skegness: https://flic.kr/p/JFPVMk
(20 Oct 2022, 4:45 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]Have you been on 5369 (Drifter)
Nah, live in North Shields and have pretty much no reason to be over that way, and thats not supposed to be offensive either
(20 Oct 2022, 5:02 pm)morritt89 wrote [ -> ]What's up with 5369? I had it yesterday on a 60 and it was spot on, quick and warm but then again I quite like Streetlites. 

The ex Black Cat ones, whilst having a good amount of power (and warm in the winter) rattled and vibrated like mad when idling (some worse than others).
Tbf I haven't been on a 66 plate Streetlite however I assume they're all the same, but the 16-17 plate ones rattle like hell, especially that emergency exit. 15 ones not as bad. 63 plate ones in my experience no rattle/very little. But the younger models are horrendous.
(20 Oct 2022, 7:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Oh yeah.

They get together and spend the night patting each others backs and slagging non-10 percenters off.

It's ironic he complains about out of date info, when his very own website contains out of date info...

Judging by their Twitter interactions I bet that's not all they do to each other!
(20 Oct 2022, 7:24 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Oh yeah.

Must say it's a very bizarre thing to make your own club and elect yourself, arrogance at it's finest.

Then again the transport industry bosses in this country always do genuinely come across as weird and blame everything under the sun for when things go wrong other than their selves.

The local lot ie. Tobyn Hughes and Gannon are just as bad. The whole industry needs some fresh faces to change stuff up rather than the same rehashed ideas imo.

Well he didn't make that journey today, if the photos are anything to go by.
Pages: 1 2 3 4