North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Rare & Odd Workings 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Signal always go's wonky on NYE/NYD so im posting this thread now
Go North East: Rare and Odd Workings 2023

JANUARY 2023
What is classed as rare and odd workings these days?, maybe the threads should be re named as “Allocated rare and odd allocations 2023” or just do the threads on a monthly basis instead of having to go through 50 pages to find something or for members to start posting non related unconfirmed material in the designated thread from unreliable bustimes.org site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(31 Dec 2022, 1:45 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]What is classed as rare and odd workings these days?, maybe the threads should be re named as “Allocated rare and odd allocations 2023” or just do the threads on a monthly basis instead of having to go through 50 pages to find something or for members to start posting non related unconfirmed material in the designated thread from unreliable bustimes.org site

No need for monthly threads it just bogs it up with useless threads and do people really care about these? It's not exactly something you look back 3 months later.

Either way though, there should be a rule you actually have to see it as anyone can go listing stuff off Bus Times which isn't interesting or needed even if it was actually 100% reliable (which it isn't).
(31 Dec 2022, 2:06 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]No need for monthly threads it just bogs it up with useless threads and do people really care about these? It's not exactly something you look back 3 months later.

Either way though, there should be a rule you actually have to see it as anyone can go listing stuff off Bus Times which isn't interesting or needed even if it was actually 100% reliable (which it isn't).

Rare and odd threads need to be binned, probably when the bus industry gets more stable and a foothold then maybe then , but probably not in the case of GNE as I can see more cuts coming up and maybe if GNE doesn’t sort themselves out it might come to the decision to start closing at North Tyneside, saltmeadows and bensham and then even go the same way as other operators have gone as shareholders are not going to continue to put investment into a money pit that’s getting deeper and deeper each month that passes.

I just wondered since the Euro 6 Clean Air Zone came into place at Newcastle yesterday buses get fined if they're not Euro6 however there is currently 5509 on X21, 5504 on 27 & a Country Ranger on 28, obviously these might not be real buses which are operating the route, but I just wanted to know if GNE were going to receive fines today or not?
(02 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I just wondered since the Euro 6 Clean Air Zone came into place at Newcastle yesterday buses get fined if they're not Euro6 however there is currently 5509 on X21, 5504 on 27 & a Country Ranger on 28, obviously these might not be real buses which are operating the route, but I just wanted to know if GNE were going to receive fines today or not?
It's the end of January isn't it. Not the beginning?
(02 Jan 2023, 12:49 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]It's the end of January isn't it. Not the beginning?
Oh yeah. I still don't get why cars which aren't Euro 6 (66 Plates or Later I think) aren't being charged. 

That would just help public transport a lot.
(02 Jan 2023, 12:53 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Oh yeah. I still don't get why cars which aren't Euro 6 (66 Plates or Later I think) aren't being charged. 

Public transport needs to help itself and not rely on other bodies or organisations bailing them out.
(02 Jan 2023, 9:21 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Public transport needs to help itself and not rely on other bodies or organisations bailing them out.
Totally agree with this one! Can window dress but if the reasons why people aren't using public transport aren't addressed, then the cycle continues even with the threat of fines or charges etc.
(02 Jan 2023, 9:50 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Totally agree with this one! Can window dress but if the reasons why people aren't using public transport aren't addressed, then the cycle continues even with the threat of fines or charges etc.

100%.
If operators think its unfair that car users aren't penalised, then they can think that and feel sorry for themselves. 

Or they can actually do something and make moves to attract the punters from the cars and on to the buses.
Obviously that something needs to be more than titivations. Cos that clearly doesn't work. 
Ditto paint jobs.
(02 Jan 2023, 12:53 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Oh yeah. I still don't get why cars which aren't Euro 6 (66 Plates or Later I think) aren't being charged. 

Taxing older vehicles would be a tax on poorer people and also aren't the main reason for the emissions in Newcastle, petrol vehicles only need to be Euro 4 anyway. There's also the old problem that a car doesn't have a limited route where it can go so in reality all you'd do is kill Newcastle for the benefit of online shopping, the Metro Centre, Silverlink, Team Valley and so on.

Most people don't have a choice but to drive, I've mentioned this a few times but to travel from Walker to Team Valley outside of peak times takes 50 minutes each way and involves 2 buses and a Metro, a distance of about 6 mile. If you can't do commutes like that then what hope is there and if you work overnight - like a lot of people do, then good luck.

Also as others have said you don't improve things by making other things worse.
Majority of the '6' buses today are double decker allocation 

Is this a change or just due to the lack of single deckers?
(04 Jan 2023, 11:49 am)Arcticrossy92 wrote [ -> ]Majority of the '6' buses today are double decker allocation 

Is this a change or just due to the lack of single deckers?
I noticed that and I think it had something to do with the Country Rangers, as deckers went on the 6 this morning and the 78 had all 66 plate streetlites on this morning apart from 1 which was a country ranger but I think some of the 66 plates have been replaced by Country Rangers throughout the day.
Just saw 5510 on the X21 in Bishop.

Wonder how they fare on the A1!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(18 Jan 2023, 1:04 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Just saw 5510 on the X21 in Bishop.

Wonder how they fare on the A1!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Was alright but not fast tbh
5394 - was on the 25 according to bus times.
(24 Jan 2023, 5:40 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]5394 - was on the 25 according to bus times.
Was it not suggested gto report actual 'seen' rare workings due to the number of false tracking reports on bustimes..

Perhaps we should have split rare and odd workings, one for bus times reporting and one for actual.
(24 Jan 2023, 6:23 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]Was it not suggested gto report actual 'seen' rare workings due to the number of false tracking reports on bustimes..

Perhaps we should have split rare and odd workings, one for bus times reporting and one for actual.
You're acting like half of them are false tracking. 

Its probs like 98% are true or smth. There is probably only a couple which are false tracking and were out today. 

And with Washington & Deptford both seem to be struggling for buses it would be more than possible, and that some Washington buses apparently go to Deptford on an evening.
(24 Jan 2023, 6:23 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]Was it not suggested gto report actual 'seen' rare workings due to the number of false tracking reports on bustimes..

It was true. Seen 3 photos of it
Graphite 674 according to Bustimes is back in service on the 6 today, the first time since the 2nd of September
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13