North East Buses

Full Version: Go North East: Rare & Odd Workings 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(24 Jan 2023, 6:50 pm)nova347 wrote [ -> ]Graphite 674 according to Bustimes is back in service on the 6 today, the first time since the 2nd of September

It is not, in reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24 Jan 2023, 6:42 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]You're acting like half of them are false tracking. 

Its probs like 98% are true or smth. There is probably only a couple which are false tracking and were out today. 

And with Washington & Deptford both seem to be struggling for buses it would be more than possible, and that some Washington buses apparently go to Deptford on an evening.
Not acting like anything.  I simply made a comment that perhaps as others have suggested real rare workings are logged separate to those that come from Bustimes.

At the end of the day, there are false track reports and anyone can go one bustimes nowadays to check lists.
(24 Jan 2023, 8:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]It is not, in reality.

What's happening with the Graphite solos?, Will they re-enter proper service in February after the Sunderland changes?

Hopefully the February changes include putting the 39's back to normal frequency, I take it the 8 will stay hourly permanently, since its not part of the changes this weekend?
(24 Jan 2023, 8:19 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What's happening with the Graphite solos?, Will they re-enter proper service in February after the Sunderland changes?

Hopefully the February changes include putting the 39's back to normal frequency, I take it the 8 will stay hourly permanently, since its not part of the changes this weekend?

I don’t think there are any changes proposed for Sunderland.

(24 Jan 2023, 8:54 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I don’t think there are any changes proposed for Sunderland.

Oh, I thought there was, as the 20A/65 were apparently going to interwork - thought that might of forced timing changes.
(24 Jan 2023, 8:59 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Oh, I thought, there was, as the 20A/65 were apparently going to interwork - thought that might of forced timing changes.

I think that was just speculation rather than confirmation.

If times were changing in February, those changes would have been registered by now. No registrations have appeared as far as I’ve seen.

Graphite 676 tracking on the X1. Is that a false tracking?
(26 Jan 2023, 11:08 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]Graphite 676 tracking on the X1. Is that a false tracking?
I want to say Yes, but I doubt it 676/677 moved to Washington a couple days ago as spares and been on the 71 since, untill today on the X1.
(26 Jan 2023, 5:51 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I want to say Yes, but I doubt it 676/677 moved to Washington a couple days ago as spares and been on the 71 since, untill today on the X1.
It's true. Been sent the photo
Why do Omnideckers constantly end up on the 309/310/311, i just love wanting to get home and an uncomfortable old 19 year old bus turns up, granted the bus turned up, but then when you see a bus thats meant to be on those services, is on Scholars duties, it kinda p***es you of a little
(26 Jan 2023, 9:38 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Why do Omnideckers constantly end up on the 309/310/311, i just love wanting to get home and an uncomfortable old 19 year old bus turns up, granted the bus turned up, but then when you see a bus thats meant to be on those services, is on Scholars duties, it kinda p***es you of a little
Consett does that loads, uses the Enviro 400s/Red Kite Rangers/Diamonds on school services while you're on an Ex-GWN or a Venture.
(26 Jan 2023, 9:38 pm)V514DFT wrote [ -> ]Why do Omnideckers constantly end up on the 309/310/311, i just love wanting to get home and an uncomfortable old 19 year old bus turns up, granted the bus turned up, but then when you see a bus thats meant to be on those services, is on Scholars duties, it kinda p***es you of a little

This week (intentionally ahead of the CAZ), new radio systems are being fitted to the Cobalt & Coast fleet. As such they have been predominantly used on schools to allow the work to be done during the day with no impact on the VOR.

As other posters have said, it is convenient for the depot engineering teams to be able to do this.

Clearly, from Sunday, they won’t have this flexibility anymore.

(26 Jan 2023, 9:51 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]This week (intentionally ahead of the CAZ), new radio systems are being fitted to the Cobalt & Coast fleet. As such they have been predominantly used on schools to allow the work to be done during the day with no impact on the VOR.

As other posters have said, it is convenient for the depot engineering teams to be able to do this.

Clearly, from Sunday, they won’t have this flexibility anymore.

Ahhhhhhhh right fair play
Is the X66 now allocated green arrow buses on a Sunday?
(29 Jan 2023, 10:58 am)Jack Gill wrote [ -> ]Is the X66 now allocated green arrow buses on a Sunday?

They should be allocated every day, B7 singles off to pastures new soon
(29 Jan 2023, 11:31 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]They should be allocated every day, B7 singles off to pastures new soon
They're less capacity tho. 

I wonder if they'll just get rid of 5501-5504 & 5509-10 or will just withdraw them as they seem not to be that reliable. 

I think they could be a nice fit on 35 if there was 8, but the 61 would be good too tbh and it fits the PVR.
(29 Jan 2023, 12:01 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]They're less capacity tho. 

I wonder if they'll just get rid of 5501-5504 & 5509-10 or will just withdraw them as they seem not to be that reliable. 

I think they could be a nice fit on 35 if there was 8, but the 61 would be good too tbh and it fits the PVR.
I'd imagine it'll be 5509/10 as 5501-4 are MetroCentre branded
(29 Jan 2023, 5:23 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]I'd imagine it'll be 5509/10 as 5501-4 are MetroCentre branded

All of them are going to "Go North West".

The 3 spare Green Arrow E200's are going on the X66 for the time-being.

Info from Dan on a post in North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page:
Withdrawing buses based on a temporary change doesn’t make that change seem all that temporary…
(29 Jan 2023, 5:56 pm)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Withdrawing buses based on a temporary change doesn’t make that change seem all that temporary…

Keeping an abundance of spare vehicles in the fleet and incurring depreciation charges and no revenue to pay for it doesn’t make all that much sense.

Given the vast influx of Volvo B9 being acquired from Go-Ahead London, and the Versa previously used on Quaycity yet to find a permanent home, there is plenty of scope within the fleet to allow the Green Arrows to return to the 96/97, should the 97 return to its previous frequency.

Of course, if the ADLs were being repainted, that would suggest the plan was permanent… But looks to me like they’re still branded as Green Arrow.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13