North East Buses

Full Version: Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Signal always go's wonky on NYE/NYD so im posting this thread now
Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings

JANUARY 2023
Oh dear - 27735 on the X24. Hope it hasn't got an exhaust or ABS light on...
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/scne-27735...2023-01-12
How often is there a single decker on the 1 in Newcastle?
(24 Jan 2023, 12:38 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]How often is there a single decker on the 1 in Newcastle?

Not very often. I think i've seen it twice ever....
(26 Jan 2023, 11:00 am)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]Not very often. I think i've seen it twice ever....

36961 was on there on Monday. I once saw a single decker incorrectly displaying 1 to Slatyford, but never actually seen one in service (just missed one which tracked a few months ago though, can't remember when). With the 1 being such a popular route it never has a single decker allocated.

Actually having single deckers on the Slatyford 1 is confusing as it looks the same as the 11 to West Denton/North Kenton with the same vehicle and similar number on a shared route.
(26 Jan 2023, 11:14 am)OrangeArrow49 wrote [ -> ]36961 was on there on Monday. I once saw a single decker incorrectly displaying 1 to Slatyford, but never actually seen one in service (just missed one which tracked a few months ago though, can't remember when). With the 1 being such a popular route it never has a single decker allocated.

Actually having single deckers on the Slatyford 1 is confusing as it looks the same as the 11 to West Denton/North Kenton with the same vehicle and similar number on a shared route.

Does the same logic apply when they not-infrequently have a decker on the 11?
(26 Jan 2023, 4:20 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Does the same logic apply when they not-infrequently have a decker on the 11?

Yes.

Personally I think services 1, 11 and 71 are too similar on approach, on common sections.
Does Sunderland depot still does a scholars in the Trimdon area, noticed it going up the A19 from castle Eden turn off after it finished the run, thought that run returned to Teesside depot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08 Feb 2023, 5:18 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Does Sunderland depot still does a scholars in the Trimdon area, noticed it going up the A19 from castle Eden turn off after it finished the run, thought that run returned to Teesside depot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have one route in Durham - the 5045... Wherever that goes (heard it does St Leonard's school in Durham).
(09 Feb 2023, 9:04 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]We have one route in Durham - the 5045... Wherever that goes (heard it does St Leonard's school in Durham).
Believe the 5045 is actually the contract that runs from Deaf Hill to Sedgefield Community College which is seemingly ran by Wheatsheaf depot (or certainly was) as I snapped E400 19644 in Sedgefield one afternoon: https://flic.kr/p/2nRaqAg

There is a contract to St Leonards run by Wheatsheaf as well, think it runs from Easington (19642 running light to St Leonards: https://flic.kr/p/2nWocmp)
(09 Feb 2023, 11:59 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Believe the 5045 is actually the contract that runs from Deaf Hill to Sedgefield Community College which is seemingly ran by Wheatsheaf depot (or certainly was) as I snapped E400 19644 in Sedgefield one afternoon: https://flic.kr/p/2nRaqAg

There is a contract to St Leonards run by Wheatsheaf as well, think it runs from Easington (19642 running light to St Leonards: https://flic.kr/p/2nWocmp)
Yes, done some digging myself and you appear to be correct. We still have the St Leonards one but it's not in the schools rota because... reasons.
Didn't know where to put it but here it is

27735 was spotted by me yesterday on the 22 towards Throckley. According to bustimes.org. it came up on Friday. Did an E service to Sunderland then appears all the way in Walkergate depot before doing the X63
For the first time since 7th June 2020, Stockton depot are using a decker on a Sunday - 19681 presently out on the 101 having also covered a 13 this morning.
I would like see more double deckers at Stockton depot.
Not the first time happend before
(19 Mar 2023, 1:45 pm)Kuyoyo wrote [ -> ]For the first time since 7th June 2020, Stockton depot are using a decker on a Sunday - 19681 presently out on the 101 having also covered a 13 this morning.

Even if this is correct it's extremely particular date to remember ?. You must have a good memory haha
Walkergate 27725 out on service 1 today. Have seen it passing the house a couple of times. Should be fun negotiating the tight corners in Heaton !
24122 currently on loan to Hartlepool again doing the Middlesbrough service 1s. Hopefully it might move permanently.
(20 Apr 2023, 2:13 pm)col87 wrote [ -> ]24122 currently on loan to Hartlepool again doing the Middlesbrough service 1s.  Hopefully it might move permanently.
Wouldn’t get your hopes up….
it’s there while 36094s up north
(20 Apr 2023, 3:55 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote [ -> ]Wouldn’t get your hopes up….
it’s there while 36094s up north
So what about the other two loans then. Fairly sure 36094 has been out today as well.
Pages: 1 2 3