North East Buses

Full Version: Nexus tenders March
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have we got an estimated date when this usually happens. The result for the Q3/35 one still haven't been posted yet
Got on the GCT 342 today showed my TNE Day Saver (shocking denied it) but he did mention something to me. He said u can use then next month on our service and I said on what route for his response to be the 351. Seems GCT have the 351 in March according to this driver
(08 Feb 2024, 10:15 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Got on the GCT 342 today showed my TNE Day Saver (shocking denied it) but he did mention something to me. He said u can use then next month on our service and I said on what route for his response to be the 351. Seems GCT have the 351 in March according to this driver

Why are they not accepting TNE day savers? They should be accepted, so should report this to the company/Nexus.

Assuming nothing has changed with the timetables, in that case they'll also have the 335/359.
(08 Feb 2024, 10:40 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Why are they not accepting TNE day savers? They should be accepted, so should report this to the company/Nexus.

Assuming nothing has changed with the timetables, in that case they'll also have the 335/359.

The amount of times complaining to nexus about them in the past not accepted the tickets is annoying
According to the TNE website GCT should accept them. Their logo is on there under operators who accept them.
I wonder what has been complained about more on here, GCT's general existence, or GNE spaffing money on repaints.
Must be close
(09 Feb 2024, 9:14 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I wonder what has been complained about more on here, GCT's general existence, or GNE spaffing money on repaints.
Must be close

Gne probs in the lead with GCT not far behind 

Could probs make a meme of the double Spiderman with one being GCT & one being GNE with the caption saying "having the most complaints on the fourm"
(08 Feb 2024, 10:40 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Why are they not accepting TNE day savers? They should be accepted, so should report this to the company/Nexus.

When I’ve had any issues with them- early running, non operation I find it easier to call them directly. They are very accommodating. I find most of the drivers extremely decent and compared to GNE & SNE the regular drivers on the 342 are great.
(09 Feb 2024, 9:14 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I wonder what has been complained about more on here, GCT's general existence, or GNE spaffing money on repaints.
Must be close

Arriva - For whatever problem it is with GNE, it's the usual deflection tactic by some.

The NSA's were broken, well Arriva have none.
Too many repaints, well Arriva don't do any.
Some route has problems, well the X93 is worse.
GNE are cancelling buses, so are Arriva so it's fine.
etc.

Mind it's much less, since GNE went on strike, and people realised they're actually worse. That said GCT are also the same, as a usual deflection tactic.
i used to defend GCT from the grief they got on here but when i had to use them during the GNE strike i've seen another side to them. Bus not running - ring the bus section - oh its got a puncher so its not running and phone put down! And you'd think the drivers with them been nexus service would be happy that punters were getting on there buses but it seems from the response you get that your a chore!
(12 Feb 2024, 9:35 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]oh its got a puncher

Let's hope there are no horses around.
GCT have the youngest fleet in the North East, so they do have that going for them.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
They also have the most noticeable skid marks in the wheelchair bay ironically made by one passenger

With regards to GCT? If they won the contract to run Durham P&R why do they operate blank canvas white buses and not branded buses surely it was part of the contract ?
(12 Feb 2024, 11:40 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote [ -> ]They also have the most noticeable skid marks in the wheelchair bay ironically made by one passenger

With regards to GCT? If they won the contract to run Durham P&R why do they operate blank canvas white buses and not branded buses surely it was part of the contract ?

The E200MMCs now carry branding for the P&R services in a slightly revised version carried under Scarlet Band operation.

Those Iveco things now carry a VERY minimisatic vinyls for Durham Castle & Cathedral plus National Trust: Crook Hall Gardens.

Chances are DCC were slow to come up with anything, Scarlet Band had a lengthy period of anonymous white buses on the P&R before something was put in place (a competition between two designs from some college students), was the same story when GNE had the 40's before, supposedly GNE got bored of waiting on DCC to come up with anything so just came up with the route branding themselves.
(05 Feb 2024, 11:16 am)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]Have we got an estimated date when this usually happens. The result for the Q3/35 one still haven't been posted yet

I'm assuming that the changes proposed to the 35 and Q3 won't be happening as no variations have been registered to either services.
(13 Feb 2024, 11:29 am)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]I'm assuming that the changes proposed to the 35 and Q3 won't be happening as no variations have been registered to either services.
Then again we are still in the early registration. Might come out next week or the week after. Nexus haven't even updated the consultation page so much be waiting to fully confirm it
(12 Feb 2024, 11:40 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote [ -> ]They also have the most noticeable skid marks in the wheelchair bay ironically made by one passenger

Surely a blank canvas bus will make it easier to spot skidmatks.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
New service 653 to start running in March between Wallsend & Freeman Hospital.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus...-newcastle
(15 Feb 2024, 4:04 pm)Aaron21 wrote [ -> ]New service 653 to start running in March between Wallsend & Freeman Hospital.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/news/item/nexus...-newcastle

Wonder why they didn't just extend the 18 back to Wallsend like it used to be rather than a separate service
(15 Feb 2024, 5:47 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]Wonder why they didn't just extend the 18 back to Wallsend like it used to be rather than a separate service

Different areas, quite a lot of the 553 route is unserved by anything else currently.

https://bustimes.org/services/553-wallse...spital#map - That's the route, guessing extended to Battle Hill again, if it's serving Prospect Avenue, unsure on that but.
Pages: 1 2