North East Buses

Full Version: Those song's you secretly like
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Simple... the song's u secretly like but embarrassed by it...

Ill start

Enya - Orinoco Flow

Probley's because it was the song what was always playing when i went in to assembly at primary school haha

S Club 7 - Reach - i remember doing this for an assembly at primary school to.. bloody 90's
(07 Aug 2013, 7:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Enya - Orinoco Flow

Nobody should ever be embarrassed by Enya. A quality artist and tune. I wish it was played during my time at school.
(07 Aug 2013, 7:14 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]
(07 Aug 2013, 7:06 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Enya - Orinoco Flow

Nobody should ever be embarrassed by Enya. A quality artist and tune. I wish it was played during my time at school.

Thanks for agreeing, thought it was one of them embarrassing songs haha
Not for its amazing lyrics or their singing ability - but that one about the lass crashing her car into a bridge, loving it and not caring!
(07 Aug 2013, 7:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not for its amazing lyrics or their singing ability - but that one about the lass crashing her car into a bridge, loving it and not caring!

icona pop i love it?, its a brill song =D
(07 Aug 2013, 7:38 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]
(07 Aug 2013, 7:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Not for its amazing lyrics or their singing ability - but that one about the lass crashing her car into a bridge, loving it and not caring!

icona pop i love it?, its a brill song =D

haha, aye, thats the one. It does my head in, but can't get it out of my head.
Really showing my age now, but Oceanic - Insanity, Livin Joy - Dreamer, The Prodigy - Everybody in the Place, and Black Box - Ride On Time. Sleepy
(07 Aug 2013, 7:53 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Really showing my age now, but Oceanic - Insanity, Livin Joy - Dreamer, The Prodigy - Everybody in the Place, and Black Box - Ride On Time. Sleepy

Nowt wrong with those tunes at all!!
(07 Aug 2013, 7:59 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]
(07 Aug 2013, 7:53 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Really showing my age now, but Oceanic - Insanity, Livin Joy - Dreamer, The Prodigy - Everybody in the Place, and Black Box - Ride On Time. Sleepy

Agreed.

I know it will never happen, but I'd be probably the first in the queue if the KLF decided to officially reform and tour. Same with Utah Saints and Altern8.

I'm trying to think of tunes that I like that are potentially embarrassing. Would Madonna's 'Dear Jessie' count? Or Partners in Kryme - Turtle Power?
(07 Aug 2013, 8:18 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]

Agreed.

I know it will never happen, but I'd be probably the first in the queue if the KLF decided to officially reform and tour. Same with Utah Saints and Altern8.

I'm trying to think of tunes that I like that are potentially embarrassing. Would Madonna's 'Dear Jessie' count? Or Partners in Kryme - Turtle Power?

Saw a poster for Utah Saints a few years back in the Head of Steam. They were playing somewhere in the town.

Just flicking through youtube at the mo, listening to BBE at the mo - but had Zoe on before, if anyone can remember her? She was definitely a guilty pleasure!
(07 Aug 2013, 8:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Just flicking through youtube at the mo, listening to BBE at the mo - but had Zoe on before, if anyone can remember her? She was definitely a guilty pleasure!

Can't say that I've ever heard of Zoe. Who is she? I take it she was some sort of one hit pop wonder, like the Reynolds Girls (now there's an embarrassing guilty pleasure!) or Chesney Hawkes?
(07 Aug 2013, 8:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]

Agreed.

Saw a poster for Utah Saints a few years back in the Head of Steam. They were playing somewhere in the town.

Just flicking through youtube at the mo, listening to BBE at the mo - but had Zoe on before, if anyone can remember her? She was definitely a guilty pleasure!

Funny you should mention Altern8. I've got "Full on... Mask Hysteria" on my iPhone at the moment. Big Grin Speaking of old groups though, I'm sure I seen posters for The Time Frequency in Newcastle a few month back.
(07 Aug 2013, 8:36 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]
(07 Aug 2013, 8:22 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]

Agreed.

Funny you should mention Altern8. I've got "Full on... Mask Hysteria" on my iPhone at the moment. Big Grin Speaking of old groups though, I'm sure I seen posters for The Time Frequency in Newcastle a few month back.

I still have the album on cassette somewhere along with other things like Art of Noise, Shades of Rhythm, Essential Hardcore (not really hardcore, just a collection chart-based rave tunes released in 1992), and The Shamen. I stocked up on tapes as CD's were becoming the norm in the early 90s. You could find great bargains in the clearance sections at Our Price and HMV. They came in handy when I eventually passed my driving test and got my first (and last) old banger.

Speaking of CD's (as this is pretty much becoming a music thread now), for those of you old enough, what was the first CD you ever bought?

Mine was Wu Tang Clan's - Enter the 36 Chambers. A ridiculously priced import bought from HMV.
Anything by Whitney Houston. The pop legend isn't as greatly admired by lads of my age as I would hope, but I absolutely love her... Then again, this comes from the same lad that loves listening to the likes of Kasabian, Foo Fighters and Kings of Leon to music at the other end of the scale from artists like Scooter and David Guetta - don't think such a diverse taste in music is normal. :p

It would have been Whitney's fiftieth tomorrow, and it seems popular reality TV show "Celebrity Big Brother" has latched onto that idea too, as her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown is set to go on the show for £300,000. She's bound to bring in viewers with her relation to and memories of the pop legend herself.
Only like 1 her songs, was such a sad death

My music taste is all over like,haha
Icona Pop - I Like It - considering I'm a rocker!
I honestly thought that Icona Pop tune was done by Republica or some other mid-90s female indypop group.

Scooter was massively influenced by the KLF. He samples quite a bit of their stuff in his material.
This came out today. Haven't listened yet, but will no doubt get through all 3x discs on the train tomorrow Smile

[Image: A1k7AZA%2B4JL._SL1500_.jpg]
Not my usual type of music, but Star Radio have been playing this loads.

I had heard it in the past, never paid much attention to it, but can't get it out of my head at the moment (what that says about me is anyones guess).
Pretty disapointed by the music video - thought it may have been more relevant to its subject matter

Anyway, here you go. Play it at your peril!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Rihanna's stuff old and new as of late. Her accent is awesome though! And she ain't bad to watch either. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3